test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something needs to be done about TOD dailies

manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I like this game. I like to run dungeons and skirmishes. I do NOT like to do TOD dailies. In my opinion they are badly designed as they revolve around dragon timers. As has been noted numerous times in other posts, they way the last 2 boons are designed, the books are extremely rare drops and I am looking at needing 200 sigils and 200 cult secrets to buy the boons on EACH character I have. That amount of daily grinding is just not fun for this player, and I would imagine most other players. As it stands now, if I have 3 hours one night to play, I can be expected to spend well over 1.5 hours doing nothing but these TOD dailies.

It prevents me from doing the content I want to do - like running your content I enjoy - Shores of Tuern, Lair of Lostmauth, and any other dungeon I may want to do. Why do you seem intent on limiting the amount of time I have to play the content you designed for me to play?

Why not add cult secrets and sigils as rewards from the new skirmish and dungeon? That would allow an alternative method of obtaining these. Alternatively, please reduce the cost to buy the books by half. With a new module coming, I would like to be completely finished with this campaign so I can focus on new content.

Even 1 cult secret and 1 sigil from a successful LOL or SOT completion would be welcome.

Please - you are making me HATE dragons, when you are releasing more content about dragons.
Post edited by manzillaprime on

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I too might have only 1 or 2 hours per night to devote to the game. So what I do is, I will do the ToD series of quests assigned to me by the PE Harper, which will give me sigils and maybe also cult secrets, and then I will kill one other dragon depending on which I need more, sigils or secrets. And that's it. I won't try to kill all 5 dragons because as you say, it then turns into an unwanted chore. So I will just do what I am willing to reasonably put up with in the short amount of time that I have. Then I'll spend the rest of the time doing other things - a dungeon, maybe some Tuern skirmishes, maybe Dread Ring to get greater marks, maybe IWD to get black ice or slayer rings, or something. Something that I *want* to do as opposed to something that I feel pressured that I *must* do. Of course this means I won't get the 4th or 5th boons in the campaign for maybe 3 or 4 months if I keep at this pace. But that is okay in my mind, it's not like I really *need* these boons right now anyway. And besides, the longer I stretch it out, the greater the chance that one of those super-rare books will drop for me.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i dont even have skirmish or dungeon unlocked it is just to hardcore for me if they could at least reduce amount of grind needed for dungeon and skirmish unlock it would be a good start :(
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    i dont even have skirmish or dungeon unlocked it is just to hardcore for me if they could at least reduce amount of grind needed for dungeon and skirmish unlock it would be a good start :(

I would agree with that 100%.. this needs to happen right away. this weeks patch honestly, before they lose more of us.

I just cant do those dailies anymore, make it like IWD, once you unlock need for mead you can basically run 1 he and that and your done..

Why do they hate us?

Recent live stream stated they want to make things fun, ToD to me stands for tournament of depression.. seriously, who though to put this much grind and rng into this!
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    ToD to me stands for tournament of depression

Indeed! LOL!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    ToD to me stands for tournament of depression.. seriously, who though to put this much grind and rng into this!

This is perfect, because it is so true. I am getting to the point of dreading logging in, knowing what misery is ahead of me if i want the boons, which I do. The 5th boon is really quite powerful, so I don't feel satisfied not having it.

Why can't the devs understand that the campaigns should be modeled after the Dread Ring. That remains to me, the only module/campaign with the right amount of grind/length
  • Options
    veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    can't help myself but after reading thread title i got a voice in my head saying 'something has to be done about frost giants' =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Please - you are making me HATE dragons, when you are releasing more content about dragons.

Tedium Of Dragons, Tired of Dailies, etc.. There's a lot of dislike out there for the insane grind. I think they hit more or less the right note with the Dread Ring dailies- there was a little RNG bonus (Eye Of Lathander), but nothing that was a real dealbreaker. Once you knew the layouts of the daily zones, you could blow through everything in a fairly non-frustrating twenty minutes- and it was actually viable to do so on more than one character.

They are capable of it, let's hope that they learn from the rather disastrous mod 4 campaign, which has taken all the fun out of the game for many folks.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The grind is leaving the casual or time restricted player further and further behind in this game, unfortunately. I've had to come to the realization that there just has to be a bunch of things that I have to just not care about or I would go nuts. I'm never going to have top ranked gear etc.

And for newer characters or players, having to grind out those boons from all of the different areas at once would be insane to say the least. There is no way I would have time to build a new toon from scratch.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice if Common Cause could be completed by EITHER running the lair or killing the dragon. Don't want to wait for the dragon? Run the lair. Don't want to run the lair? Wait for the dragon.

This change wouldn't help with the issue of the high cost of campaign tasks and tomes, but it would make the grind more palatable to players who are willing to do a little bit each day.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    norsemanx wrote: »
    The grind is leaving the casual or time restricted player further and further behind in this game, unfortunately. I've had to come to the realization that there just has to be a bunch of things that I have to just not care about or I would go nuts. I'm never going to have top ranked gear etc.

And for newer characters or players, having to grind out those boons from all of the different areas at once would be insane to say the least. There is no way I would have time to build a new toon from scratch.

not just casual players i used to play this game for 3-4 hours a day before but so big grind needed to play new content (dungeon,skirmish) killed my will to play and i now play 3-4 hours in week or even less
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    not just casual players i used to play this game for 3-4 hours a day before but so big grind needed to play new content (dungeon,skirmish) killed my will to play and i now play 3-4 hours in week or even less

I took 4 days off before logging back in.. and I did one daily, then logged off this morning.
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know they dont want us to run out of content to fast. But the grind is really bad. you collect the things need then 20 hours to unlock. 5 of this 5 of that. I think we need it account bound items from dailies and what i mean is. You unlock say the whole TOD on one toon this should then unlock it on account(the whole thing TOD). then if you want the boons and artifact weapon you then have to grind it out, but it would have its time cut down(say 2 hours cool down) and items (daily content treasures)transferable. This way people still have to do the content but its cut down after you finish one toon. And this whole RNG(i dont know what this means) im sure its about the drop rate. I understand you guys want people buying zen to get the content you designed but it shouldnt be so random that no one gets it. I have 12 toons myself never gotten the arms or main hand on any toon for IWD and they are all over 15k gs and I need that for complete set but no sir(broken) so instead of driving more people away you need to increase the drop rate or make it a timer/hours where with in a week if some one is trying for something they can get it. Maybe ever let them decide when they open chest to choose from a list of items never gotten after timer/hours played is met. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you are a brand new player to the game TOD makes sense and you have plenty to keep you busy as you level up. For the rest of us it is a grind but like a lot of you I have just changed my attitude and just try to keep moving forward without stressing over it. What we are all really craving is something epic to throw our epeens at.
  • Options
    t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Because of ToD I gave up on all my characters except my main DC. Now I just use others to keep the DC rich...
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well it is still better then black ice bracers drop in IWD. I gave up on it entirely. Even thought I have 2 main hand weapons. So at least you can grind it. Not just RND <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why can't the devs understand that the campaigns should be modeled after the Dread Ring. That remains to me, the only module/campaign with the right amount of grind/length

I agree 100%. The Dread Ring was the perfect amount of grinding for boons: not too much, and not too easy. I hope the devs read this and use the DR model for future Campaign releases . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    With how fast module 5 is coming, I'm thinking a lot of the content will just be dailies again
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I only started this recently and am already sick of ToD. Even though I have the ebon down and frostpire peak tasks unlocked I still get the same stupid ghost stories mission everyday. Its not too hard as I can solo everything with a new character its just tedious and boring already. I have a feeling I won't be finishing this campaign, just doing the bare minimum needed to unlock stuff I want.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ToD = Tyranny of Dailies or Tired of Dailies indeed

Why can't they make it to where you unlock SoT then spend 1000 dragon coins and you get a book. Then you unlock LoL spend another 1000 dragon coins and get the last book and call it done. To me that would be doable than grinding for days. I too end up doing dailies and ignoring calls from people asking to run dungeons because of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have many alts and keeping up with two is so tiring that I end up doing one from each every other day. I almost at the point of giving up on this game as it's no longer fun. Yeah yeah doom and gloom but come on, it's realistic and even tho it's negative, it's still feedback.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1000 dragon coins per book would actually make a lot more sense than the 100 sigils and secrets called for now. That's a lot, but the pacing of how long it would take to collect them is far more player-directed. It would also address the matter of "what am I supposed to do with all these coins?" to a degree, since that issue was helped by making the stacks higher but higher stacks don't make useless currency any less useless.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hate to add to the complaint chain but I have to agree with a lot of the sentiment expressed here. I've more or less abandoned the whole damned campaign even if I keep telling myself I'll get back to it. It's just not worth it to me - not when Sharandar and Dread Ring are both more fun and more rewarding.

ToD was literally killing a reawakened enthusiasm for this game until I stopped messing with and started leveling a new character (and another...and another). That new character experience was so fun I went and bought the Dragonborn pack. Yet the thought of returning to the ToD grind literally terrifies me. It needs to be looked at hard - I've actually enjoyed Heroic Encounters when I don't have the zone literally filled with people popping off dailies on the dragon and freezing my screen. But the way ToD and its dailies are structured sucks all the fun out of it.

So now that the griping is out of the way I have a suggestion:
    Make Cult Secrets and Dragon Sigils:
    - purchasable for Dragon Coins
    - fairly common (65+%) drops for just participating in the HEs
    --Cult Secrets drop from the first three
    --Dragon Sigils drop from the last two
    - add them to the chests in the Shores of Tuern skirmish (as has been suggested)
    --Both at the same time in the normal chest
    --Epic rewards more than normal
    - add them to the chests in Lair of Lostmauth (as has been suggested)
    --Both at the same time in the normal dungeon chest
    --Epic rewards more than normal
    --More from dungeon than from skirmish
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tedium of S***e indeed...
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I actually have a lot of time to spend in game atm but still don't have time for all the dailys...

And the last 2 boons are almost impossible for me because needing 200 sigils and secrets is hard enough but then I have to spend all of the ones I get on trying for my artifact weapon over and over. Drop rates need to be better and this campaign needs to be faster or have more ways of getting the rewards and currency needed. I like the idea but it will just take forever to get anywhere.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2014

same boat *grabs an oar*
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Imo the worst part is the waiting, i spend more time waiting on timers than i do actual playing.
  • Options
    tradeactbdtradeactbd Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    Imo the worst part is the waiting, i spend more time waiting on timers than i do actual playing.

If it were 2 dragons a day it wouldn't be so bad, but having to wait on 5 dragons is just painful. I basically spend most of it afk watching tv. Awesome engaging design guys.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL ALL FIVE DRAGONS EVERY DAY. NOBODY DOES. IF YOU DECIDE TO KILL ALL FIVE DRAGONS EVERY DAY, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS JUST EXTRA WORK THAT YOU ARE PLACING ON YOURSELF.

Sorry for the caps but I am just sick and tired of people complaining about being "required" to wait to kill 5 dragons. You aren't.
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL ALL FIVE DRAGONS EVERY DAY. NOBODY DOES. IF YOU DECIDE TO KILL ALL FIVE DRAGONS EVERY DAY, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS JUST EXTRA WORK THAT YOU ARE PLACING ON YOURSELF.

Sorry for the caps but I am just sick and tired of people complaining about being "required" to wait to kill 5 dragons. You aren't.

LOL, yeah you are not, how long is that going to take you if you don't? Killing the dragons help you get the secrets and sigils you need. Seems like you are clueless in the actual process.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    LOL, yeah you are not, how long is that going to take you if you don't? Killing the dragons help you get the secrets and sigils you need. Seems like you are clueless in the actual process.

Don't mind him.

Anyway, due to the 4th and 5th boons being gated by RNG, people would need to do more than their fair share of dailies each day. The 4th and 5th boons cost around 140 pages, 200 sigils and 200 cult secrets as well as around 50k AD.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the current campaign. That said, I really do dislike the fact that I have to wait on 5 dragon timers per day. I am luckily only doing this on one character everyday so I am not burnt out, but if I was doing this on my alts as well I'd probably not have the time. I think the dragons should be changed to skrimish like events you can queue for. 5 people in instantly, and kill the dragon in like 10 to 13 minutes. Boom, no timer anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.