test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked before chest loot in shores of tuern.

crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I did full shores and as a gf I usually slot KV so I take half the teams dmg, enforced threat so I gain all the aggro and Itf so my team can deal lots more dps. It always works fine, in any skirmish and any dungeon but today at final boss some idiot kicked me before chest loot because he didn't like the way I tanked ? lol No one died or even went half hp once because I took all dmg and aggro, just because I moved away from boss once and he got hit I was kicked, like its my duty to do everything. Really annoyed me having some guy who wasn't a gf and had such lower gs than me tell me how to play then messes up my chance at loot roll and chest.

Can something PLEASE finally be done about this ? If someone has to be leader they should at least know how to use there brain and not just kick people for no reason, or be a high gs so they have an understanding of things. I can't even express how annoyed I am.
Crixus - PVP GF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crixus8000 on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did the boss drop anything ? If so you probably got kicked by PL as well as everyone else in a party.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    wasnt any player that kicked you! Happen to me also some time ago and i was the leader, others from group got kicked as well.
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Happenend to me too - out of nowhere before the chest -> PE loading Screen. I think it is something like a bug...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Are you that naive people? - . -
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No the guy said he was going to kick me. he said he didn't like the way I tanked....NO ONE DIED or even went half hp lol. Just really annoyed me that a guy with 4k less gs and not even a gf tried to tell me what to do. One of them players that wants the guardian to tank ,gain aggro, revive everyone, do the dps, control the battlefield and kill ads all at the same time.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Uh... don't you need a majority of votes to get kicked in a skirmish/dungeon? O.o
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Uh... don't you need a majority of votes to get kicked in a skirmish/dungeon? O.o

Nope, it picks a random leader. that could be a 7k gs guy who doesn't even know what hes doing....

Like the guy who kicked me, he was a low player...
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Nope, it picks a random leader. that could be a 7k gs guy who doesn't even know what hes doing....

Really? O_o did that change recently? You needed to win a votekick before MOD4 AFAIK!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Really? O_o did that change recently? You needed to win a votekick before MOD4 AFAIK!

In dungeons yeah but in pvp and skirmishes one guy can just kick you :/
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited September 2014
    Votekick's 'majority' works like this: There's 5 people in the party, excluding you, 4. The majority is half that, which means 2. So aside from the initiator of the kick, you only need one more to agree with the kick for it to happen. For example a friend of the initiator. Or someone who just says yes to get the screen out of the way. Out of 3 other people, there's a pretty high chance one will just say yes without giving it any thought.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No the guy said he was going to kick me. he said he didn't like the way I tanked....NO ONE DIED or even went half hp lol. Just really annoyed me that a guy with 4k less gs and not even a gf tried to tell me what to do. One of them players that wants the guardian to tank ,gain aggro, revive everyone, do the dps, control the battlefield and kill ads all at the same time.

As once said in some other thread
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Blaming GF in a dungeon = admitting yourself being a burden.

Especially when GF you have with you is using both KV and Into the Fray.
    ^

It's like complaining about DC being "bad heal". Those seflish DPS class guys never roll support role, they just complain and blame the others for their own mistakes. I do admit I sometimes swear at GFs that don't use Into the fray or KV and refuse taking aggro going for lunging strike + bullcharger + anvil of doom but I'd never kick them for that. Really low move
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lol last week I got kicked from a PUG Shores run because the leader wasn't fast enough to dodge one of the final bosses firebombs and when I refused to just run into the fire circle to try to rez him and insta kill myself he threw a tantrum and kicked me xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There have been MANY threads about being kicked prior to boss/loot chest. I'll bet the "kick" protocol will be changed in a future update, might be Mod 5, or maybe sooner.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TC, just forget about it.
    Take it as it is as both shirt happens and buckstones will always be.

The more you are raging the more your dancing to his tune.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TBH, I hope for GFs in my team for SOT runs. They can tank the boss properly. Most of the times, with other classes, I end up tanking the boss with my CW.

90% of the GFs know what they are doing 10% run around the boss in circles and randomly onehit their mates. If I tank him wth my CW I 'claim' the space between the boss and the wall for my dodges. If the rest thinks, that 80% of the space is not enough for them, they can do the job themself or die.

What I cant understand is, how some range DDs die from the fireball, if it is all they have to avoid. You can walk out of the red area. Another thing is, that it seems, that at last 50% of the players dont bother to revive their mates. If you have aggro ok, dont do it, bc you will likely kill him and yourself in the process, but 3 players mindless hiting the back of the boss while you tank him and another one is dead is plain stupidity.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Actually this never happened to me before in skirmishes. In 95% of all cases I'm the leader...I don't know why :cool:
    (only doing master of the hunt atm).. Sometimes it seems to me the player with the most experience becomes the group leader ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tobixnew wrote: »
    Actually this never happened to me before in skirmishes. In 95% of all cases I'm the leader...I don't know why :cool:
    (only doing master of the hunt atm).. Sometimes it seems to me the player with the most experience becomes the group leader ...

No, it picks a random person but sometimes it will favor one person a lot like my 18k gs gf that's high geared NEVER gets leader not once, but my 12k hr with green artifacts and no enchants is always leader. Experience has nothing to do with it, or a 14k would have not been picked when he didn't even know about the gf playstyle lol. It works weird :P
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    I have always wondered why people do this, especially when they are playing a completely different. Do they think they are the end all be all and know every single thing about every single class. For me, I once had a DC try to tell me i needed this power and that power, mind you my main is a GWF, my apologies but mighty leap or slam are not my preferred powers, lol.

Yeah it bugs me too, but the main thing that annoyed me was that I am an 18k gs gf and he was a 14k gs gwf so why was he telling me how to tank when I was clearly doing fine lol. Ah well, there is some stupid people out there I guess.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    True story: My CW was kicked from normal SoT, before I could get to the chest, by a party leader (who lagged behind the rest of the group for the entire run, did zero damage, and never dismounted their fancy-pants unicorn) because my mount (a Sune Steed) was '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>'.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    True story: My CW was kicked from normal SoT, before I could get to the chest, by a party leader (who lagged behind the rest of the group for the entire run, did zero damage, and never dismounted their fancy-pants unicorn) because my mount (a Sune Steed) was '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>'.

o.0

This is one reason why one person shouldn't get to be the leader lol. And it usually picks the worst people.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just as a general comment to this thread, the "randomly" assigned leader when queuing appears to defer to the character created mostly recently. If there is no change to the party composition through multiple runs, lead spot should not change from the person selected, but changing just one member will cause the lead spot to switch.

This is why the lead spot in CTA pugs will appear to always be assigned to the lowest level character, but I've figured it out from observing a lot of dungeon runs and stuff too. Whichever character we're running to gear always gets assigned lead. 3 or 4 warlocks? Lead goes to the one that was made last.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Am I the only one who feels that either someone doesn't have their story straight or this was two different parties altogether?

Because I don't see at all how "No one died or even went half hp once" jives with "resulting in killing one [party member] once and another one twice". That sounds like two different runs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    snip

Good to see you replied. I will correct you here. As a gf with high defense you can still get hit 40-70k in that skirmish so me doign that and takign HALF the teams dmg means i cant just stand still, if my hp gets too low i need to regen it with fighters recovery but if thats on cooldown then what do i do ? I need to move back for 2 seconds and use pots.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Good to see you replied. I will correct you here. As a gf with high defense you can still get hit 40-70k in that skirmish so me doign that and takign HALF the teams dmg means i cant just stand still, if my hp gets too low i need to regen it with fighters recovery but if thats on cooldown then what do i do ? I need to move back for 2 seconds and use pots.

Did he try and contact you using party chat and did you at least reply?

A lot of these things happen when there isn't a conversation going back and forth.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Oh, and by the way, you came in the instance at the very end for the boss fight after a member was kicked for being AFK.

And this is a lie, I was in at the very beginning and no one died at all....

You didn't like it when you ran into an aoe and got damaged that's it, nothing to do with me I'm not your babysitter. Get better and learn how to play rather than put the blame on someone else, or at least voice your opinions respectively, not kicking and insulting someone just because they didn't play exactly how you wanted.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did he try and contact you using party chat and did you at least reply?

No, he just insulted me then kicked me as soon as boss died, i missed my chance for loot and nothing went wrong. I have been playing my gf long enough to know how to tank and being kicked because some dps class runs into aoe isnt my fault.

Edit: @Beckylunatic

I was keeping an eye on parties hp as i always do incase some needs help and i personally didnt see anyone fall below half hp, no one died i am 100% sure of that. I cant be sure someone didnt fall below half hp for a second then potion up but i was looking a lot and even so, thats not that bad.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here is one of his insults

http://i.imgur.com/wvg4Amm.png

So because at the BEGINNING of the fight i wasn't right at the back of the boss he wanted me kicked...my ITF, KV and other power has activation times you know....
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Either way its never acceptable to kick someone during loot rolls or after a boss fight thats just probably the most pathetic thing some one can do. The other day i was doing a dungeon we beat the boss and i get up to let the dogs out cuz they been whining come back to the pc and Greed the loot only to get kicked before i could open the DD chest, and why because i didn't hit greed fast enough... I mean come on this kicking people is getting ridiculous and all people who do it need to have their souls sent the the nine hells because they don't deserve to habitat the same plane as the living, as they are the scum of Neverwinter and quite possibly the world.
  • Options
    t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have seen a few posts in this thread saying that it picks a random party leader. I am pretty sure that there are higher chances that the DC will become the leader. I am a DC myself and most of the time I am given the leader position.

Now on to the topic. I see people being kicked way too often over junk purple gear. In both dungeons and skirmishes the leader should be the only person who can choose to vote kick another person. And the leaders vote should not count. For example: In a party of 5 the leader decides to vote kick someone, at least 2 of the other 3 people need to vote yes.