test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The great achievement suggestion thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had some ideas for giving each dungeon at least one unique achievement (besides the basic completion one).

Lair of the Pirate King: For opening every chest in the dungeon (would require fixing the puzzle chest at the start and gaining access to the final chest that is hidden on a cliff between several buildings).

Temple of the Spider: Something involving either the pirate ship or the side dungeon

Cragmire Crypts: For killing the daughter of Lloth

Cloak Tower: For unlocking both the optional chests.

Malabog's Castle: For clearing the long side passage (the one that doesn't have the competing adventuring party)

Thoughts for other dungeons? Or better ideas for the ones I suggested?

Also maybe one for beating the competing adventuring party is several locations (would help if they showed up more than 2 places).
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I had some ideas for giving each dungeon at least one unique achievement (besides the basic completion one).

Lair of the Pirate King: For opening every chest in the dungeon (would require fixing the puzzle chest at the start and gaining access to the final chest that is hidden on a cliff between several buildings).

Temple of the Spider: Something involving either the pirate ship or the side dungeon

Cragmire Crypts: For killing the daughter of Lloth

Cloak Tower: For unlocking both the optional chests.

Malabog's Castle: For clearing the long side passage (the one that doesn't have the competing adventuring party)

I like those suggestions.
    My idea:
    A dungeon explorer achievement. One level for every 5 different dungeons that you have killed every monster, opened every chest and node in. With the 3rd level granting the title of "Master Dungeoneer"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    More PvP achievements would be nice. Something beyond the 5000 kills to show more than only a first devotion to pvp.

Also achievements that show how many times one has completed a dungeon successfully would be nice.
    Stay frosty.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All these proposed achievements are cool, but if the Icespire Mountaineer one is still not fixed after a year, what hope is there for new ones? Unless off course not being able to get this achievement is in itself the achievement :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    arabatur wrote: »
    All these proposed achievements are cool, but if the Icespire Mountaineer one is still not fixed after a year, what hope is there for new ones? Unless off course not being able to get this achievement is in itself the achievement :(

I'm sure if we show support for achievements, then not only will we get new ones, but also get bug fixes for existing ones. So just have to keep the love alive for achievements.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Apparently it is possible to get to that chest in PK that we weren't able to. InTheFade apparently managed it with his GWF somehow but I can't remember what was said about how.

Pirate ship in TOS? I'm drawing a blank on that one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Apparently it is possible to get to that chest in PK that we weren't able to. InTheFade apparently managed it with his GWF somehow but I can't remember what was said about how.

Pirate ship in TOS? I'm drawing a blank on that one.

Yeah, I know he managed to get it, but I think he worked some GWF magic to get there. You can't get there simply by walking and jumping. It should be reachable by all regardless of class.

The ship in ToS is next to the first boss. Look up in the air.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I know he managed to get it, but I think he worked some GWF magic to get there. You can't get there simply by walking and jumping. It should be reachable by all regardless of class.
    Not to get off topic, but I missed the PK run to attempt to get this chest, so I don't even know where it is.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    Not to get off topic, but I missed the PK run to attempt to get this chest, so I don't even know where it is.

You can see it sparkling in the background of this picture.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's in the town section, between buildings on the edge of a chasm. You can see it from the pathway but there are invisible walls in the way.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The ship in ToS is next to the first boss. Look up in the air.

You can get it with any class, it is similar to some former exploits (or like workaround for the VT first boss wall bug, wall jumping), And to get out of that place alive is tricky.

But it is obviously bugged, and the arc (with the hanging tree) should have been the normal way to get it, if not the invisible wall that blocks it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Another idea for dungeon achievements.

Add items similar to scrying stones to each dungeon, say 3 for each dungeon with an achievement for finding all 3 and then achievements for finding them all in multiple dungeons. There are plenty of nooks and crannies that they could be placed. Maybe not have the cutscene that scrying stones have.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Those keys that drop in CC and ToS, add them to each dungeon and add chests in EDV or CN that they unlock. Give an achievement for getting all of them. Or do a progression, like a hidden quest in Oblivion had, where you find a key that unlocks a chest with another key it, and so forth.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Those keys that drop in CC and ToS, add them to each dungeon and add chests in EDV or CN that they unlock. Give an achievement for getting all of them. Or do a progression, like a hidden quest in Oblivion had, where you find a key that unlocks a chest with another key it, and so forth.

Having them open chests in later dungeons would be quite interesting.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having them open chests in later dungeons would be quite interesting.

Having them do anything would be a start, but I agree that it would be nice to see a few more chain type quests/achievements that carry over a few zone or dungeons or require revisiting once you've gained the appropriate level or whatnot.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    dinocujkodinocujko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok so this is REALLY off topic but PLEASE can someone anwser me this since i cant post new threads... can i turn off my computer while downloading neverwinter, it is now on 64% and it is really late now so i should go to sleep xD, can i turn off my computer so i can continue the download tomorrow ? Please anwser, THANKS !
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dinocujko wrote: »
    Ok so this is REALLY off topic but PLEASE can someone anwser me this since i cant post new threads... can i turn off my computer while downloading neverwinter, it is now on 64% and it is really late now so i should go to sleep xD, can i turn off my computer so i can continue the download tomorrow ? Please anwser, THANKS !

Yes, it will pick up where it left off. It will show 0% again, but don't worry. It will be 0% of what is left.
  • Options
    dinocujkodinocujko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok thanks for replying so fast :D Now i can sleep xD
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Also, can we get a title for collecting titles? say, "Titular Hero" perchance
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    aaronlove83aaronlove83 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2014
    How about achievements that encourage more cooperative game play at random times (such as Pick X number of downed players up or Provide X Number of Buffs to other players) someone may have already suggested these but I see a lot of people neglecting the simple task of helping out in game. The community seems very selfish of late. Maybe XP for picking players up would help as done in GW2.

It's not just about the mechanics, it is about giving players a reason to CARE about the achievement. SO maybe rewards for Achievement Points? Purchasable Items? Access to a separate zone in Protector's Enclave to get away from the Gold Spammers?

On that note, an achievement for reporting Gold Spammers would be nice too, if there was a way to verify it...maybe that would help remove them.

If these are already suggested by someone do not flame me, I do not take credit for any of it, just the concept of giving players a REASON to achieve...
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no no no no no, "Ooooh SHINY!!!"

Couldn't resist when I read this....BG 2 reference:
    Cespenar makes good servant, ooh yes!