test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Fashion tab and Mount tab in inventory

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Although it has been suggested many times by other players, let's have it suggested again. The two tabs could be optional and be purchased from Zen Market since they are cosmetic. Or they could just be combined into a "Cosmetic tab".

With so many events give us fashion costumes and so many lockboxes give us mounts, we need additional spaces to store them.
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Aye, some storage space specifically for mounts and fashion gear is needed. I don't feel they should be 100% behind a paywall. Instead, implement such and then sell extra space, akin to the personal bank & shared bank.

I don't think they should be character inventories but instead an extra tab in the Manycoins Bank for fashion items and then add a Stable by the Mount vendors that holds mounts and companions.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A wardrobe and stables as bank tabs. I like this idea. Got my vote.

Inventory tabs would work for me too. Perhaps the difference could be split, stables at the bank (you don't really take all your mounts with you wherever you go) and wardrobe in inventory.

Dhenn Silverlight, Archmage Dwarf Dragonborn
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i had to BBQ my last years pig cause i had no space to store it in :(
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I don't think they should be character inventories but instead an extra tab in the Manycoins Bank for fashion items and then add a Stable by the Mount vendors that holds mounts and companions.
    Isn't them being inventory tabs convenient because we can then change fashion and mount whenever we want to?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please, please, please.

Start everyone off with a 4 slot mount tab and a 6 slot fashion tab. And guess what? You can make more money by selling extra slots.

$2 for 4 more mount slots, or 6 fashion slots.

Everyone's a winner.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aye, some storage space specifically for mounts and fashion gear is needed. I don't feel they should be 100% behind a paywall. Instead, implement such and then sell extra space, akin to the personal bank & shared bank.

I really hope we'll get some extra space for "collectibles", I'm not buying fashion because I really don't know where to store them, and I don't want to waste precious bank or inventory space (that has a somewhat high cost).

If we had specific mount/fashion storage, that is a few free slots, and extra slots that don't cost much, I'm thinking something along the "idle companion" slots, 100z for 4 mount slots or 12 fashion slots (one "attire" takes 3 slots) it'd be great!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Isn't them being inventory tabs convenient because we can then change fashion and mount whenever we want to?
    Convenient, sure. Practical? No. Doing that would just lessen the D&D feel, which I thought you were so adamant about? That's why I thought you'd like my idea since you're always so heavy on the RP factor of things. In any case, there's no need for all players to be walking banks.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have no clue why it is so hard to introduce these tabs plus make everything stack to 999. I would give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of priority and difficulty to implement, but this absolutely has to be done eventually.

I can't imagine that the amount of generated ZEN sales due to low stacks is that big. So...
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if they dont have useful active bonuses most ppl wouldnt use them

another option would be a few fashion sets, going to fashion tab would allow you to chose what fashion set you want to use, changing at bank might be more D&D but that takes time and many ppl would ignore it because they are lazy :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Convenient, sure. Practical? No. Doing that would just lessen the D&D feel, which I thought you were so adamant about? That's why I thought you'd like my idea since you're always so heavy on the RP factor of things. In any case, there's no need for all players to be walking banks.

What? Ever heard of Elminster's Portal Wardrobe? Tenser's Magical Stable in a Box? This is D&D. With magic, everything is possible.

Wizards have spells that can literally summon portals to extra dimensional castles. I'm not sure why adding in items that would give characters quick access to a change of clothes or a mount is impractical, or break's immersion. It's all about the flavor you wrap around the mechanics, which is a stable to good D&D playing. :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    LOL.. my own personal Nodwick!!!

I Love it. ;)

I would pay anything for a Nodwick and a Piffany companion. Bring out the duct tape! :D
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do like your suggestion of 4 mount slots and 6 fashion slots (as fashions come in threes) and the $2 price for upgrades, but, which $2 - the $2 which is 200 Zen (which is 100,000AD) or the Interloper Vendor $2 which is 250,000 AD or 500 Zen (at 500 AD/Zen).

I do like Zebular's idea to make it a Stable by the Mount Vendors as I rarely change mounts and traveling to PE is quick.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Please, please, please.

Start everyone off with a 4 slot mount tab and a 6 slot fashion tab. And guess what? You can make more money by selling extra slots.

$2 for 4 more mount slots, or 6 fashion slots.

Everyone's a winner.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's fine for Elminster and Tenser -who by the way put A LOT OF WORK in these items to make them work right each time.

I have an idea, for 360 Ardent coins you, and anyone else who wants one can have one. And another 360 Ardent coins for the other one. (12 slots each)
    What? Ever heard of Elminster's Portal Wardrobe? Tenser's Magical Stable in a Box? This is D&D. With magic, everything is possible.

Wizards have spells that can literally summon portals to extra dimensional castles. I'm not sure why adding in items that would give characters quick access to a change of clothes or a mount is impractical, or break's immersion. It's all about the flavor you wrap around the mechanics, which is a stable to good D&D playing. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Imho, the amount of fashion and mount players are able to carry doesn't involve D&D feel. Those stuff needs to be separated from adventure items because they are purely for fun.

But you did mention a good point. If everyone is wearing fashions instead of adventure equipments, there would be less D&D feel.

And that also remind me CW's current outfit style (shirt + pants) provides no D&D feel. We need wizard fashions which are classic wizard one-piece robe so that we can have more D&D feel.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Fashion and mount tab is a good idea
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And that also remind me CW's current outfit style (shirt + pants) provides no D&D feel. We need wizard fashions which are classic wizard one-piece robe so that we can have more D&D feel.

I really get tired of this. All art in the game has to be approved by Wizards of the Coast, and closely matches their own art style in their own concept art. There have been many posted images that clearly prove this. So the fashion and art style you claim is not D&D, is actually D&D concepts and very much the feel they want to project. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find ANY concept art of the classic one-piece robe in 4th or 5th edition.

Its pretty clear, that D&D is trying hard to establish its own spin and brand on "Classic" fantasy. The days where settings like Forgotten realms and Tolkin could be near interchangeable are long gone. As each camp does what it can to protect its own brand. Put simply, the wizard robe has gone the way of the old big footed halfling.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Although it has been suggested many times by other players, let's have it suggested again. The two tabs could be optional and be purchased from Zen Market since they are cosmetic. Or they could just be combined into a "Cosmetic tab".

With so many events give us fashion costumes and so many lockboxes give us mounts, we need additional spaces to store them.

Sadly I cannot see this happening. It helps to sell bags. :p

It is however a great idea. Zen store mounts can be reclaimed at will so those are not so much an issue - its more the mounts you get from events, or the spider from the bazaar.

As for fashion I cannot agree more - I basically have 2 bags full of fashion on my main, and my other chars are about a bag each atm.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sadly I cannot see this happening. It helps to sell bags. :p

It is however a great idea. Zen store mounts can be reclaimed at will so those are not so much an issue - its more the mounts you get from events, or the spider from the bazaar.

As for fashion I cannot agree more - I basically have 2 bags full of fashion on my main, and my other chars are about a bag each atm.
    I have the Adventurer's Satchel and 4x Greater Bag of Holding, and I'm still lacking storage spaces sometimes. Another point is that these none adventure items need their particular storage spaces.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have the Adventurer's Satchel and 4x Greater Bag of Holding, and I'm still lacking storage spaces sometimes. Another point is that these none adventure items need their particular storage spaces.

Yes I have 3 blue bag and the epic one from pack and I still barely have bag space to spare xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yes, and Elminster and Tenser will gladly waste their time to manufacture and enchant to provide those items for thousands of adventurers... :P

I can agree that magic *could* make those things work, but FR is not a highly magic-inflated world where magical telephones, teleporter cabins and spaceships are readily available to the average adventurer/commoner.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can agree that magic *could* make those things work, but FR is not a highly magic-inflated world where magical telephones, teleporter cabins and spaceships are readily available to the average adventurer/commoner.

Average adventurer? Commoner? Outrageous! Do you know who I am?

I'm the hero of Sleeping Dragon Bridge. I'm the one who was on the front lines when Valindra invaded Neverwinter.

Let's see...I also rooted out the Nashers in Blacklake, routed the orcs in the Tower District, destroyed the pirate presences in Blackdagger Ruins, stopped the Dragon Cult in Neverdeath Graveyard, uncovered a plot by Asomodeus in Helm's Hold (and destroyed a dragon!), undid a potential world ending threat from the Netherese in Ebon Downs, put a stop to more Netherese influences in Vellosk, tracked down and destroyed some undead pirates in Pirates' Skyhold, stopped the summoning of an ancient ice titan in Icespire Peak, crushed a Drow invasion in Rothe Valley while freeing countless slaves, dove deep in the Chasm to stop a plot by Aboleths to invade our plane of existence, slew another dragon in Mount Hotenow, push back ANOTHER Drow invasion in the Whispering Caverns AND destroy a very evil and ancient Mindflayer demigod.

I also cleaedr out the evil that remained in Castle Never for decades, including a Beholder AND a Dracolich. I foiled Malabog's plans to invade from the Feywild, crush the Thayans in the Dread Ring, slew Valindra in her own tower, and stopped Kessel from rising again and destroying Icewind Dale.

Oh, and did I also mention I just slew five MORE dragons who were in league with the cult of dragons. I have no idea what they're up to, but I just slew their Dragonborn Champion on the Isle of Teurn, and I'm investigating rumors that they might actually have the power and resources to invade Neverwinter...word is they might even be looking for the lair of the ancient dragon, Lostmauth, in order to enlist his help.

Soooo...excuse me if I get a bit miffed at the mere HINT that I'm just your AVERAGE adventurer...and commoner? Really.

Sounds like someone needs to peel himself off the floor of whatever tavern he passed out in, go outside, sober up and catch up on the events of the last year and a half.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    That's fine for Elminster and Tenser -who by the way put A LOT OF WORK in these items to make them work right each time.

I have an idea, for 360 Ardent coins you, and anyone else who wants one can have one. And another 360 Ardent coins for the other one. (12 slots each)

I agree that claiming access to such magic should be a feat all in itself... but I don't think a 'costume tab' or a 'stable' would break the 'D&D' feel at all. In fact, I think it would open it up to more Role Play type situations because people wouldn't be burdened by the descision of what mount to roll with 100% of the time or what garb to have based on limited bank space.
    Not to sound negative, but the 'D&D feel' gets kinda broken with the grindy repeditive content... I think the restoring factor is the collections and achievments one can attain.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    Average adventurer? Commoner? Outrageous! Do you know who I am?

I'm the hero of Sleeping Dragon Bridge. I'm the one who was on the front lines when Valindra invaded Neverwinter.

Let's see...I also rooted out the Nashers in Blacklake, routed the orcs in the Tower District, destroyed the pirate presences in Blackdagger Ruins, stopped the Dragon Cult in Neverdeath Graveyard, uncovered a plot by Asomodeus in Helm's Hold (and destroyed a dragon!), undid a potential world ending threat from the Netherese in Ebon Downs, put a stop to more Netherese influences in Vellosk, tracked down and destroyed some undead pirates in Pirates' Skyhold, stopped the summoning of an ancient ice titan in Icespire Peak, crushed a Drow invasion in Rothe Valley while freeing countless slaves, dove deep in the Chasm to stop a plot by Aboleths to invade our plane of existence, slew another dragon in Mount Hotenow, push back ANOTHER Drow invasion in the Whispering Caverns AND destroy a very evil and ancient Mindflayer demigod.

I also cleaedr out the evil that remained in Castle Never for decades, including a Beholder AND a Dracolich. I foiled Malabog's plans to invade from the Feywild, crush the Thayans in the Dread Ring, slew Valindra in her own tower, and stopped Kessel from rising again and destroying Icewind Dale.

Oh, and did I also mention I just slew five MORE dragons who were in league with the cult of dragons. I have no idea what they're up to, but I just slew their Dragonborn Champion on the Isle of Teurn, and I'm investigating rumors that they might actually have the power and resources to invade Neverwinter...word is they might even be looking for the lair of the ancient dragon, Lostmauth, in order to enlist his help.

Soooo...excuse me if I get a bit miffed at the mere HINT that I'm just your AVERAGE adventurer...and commoner? Really.

Sounds like someone needs to peel himself off the floor of whatever tavern he passed out in, go outside, sober up and catch up on the events of the last year and a half.

HaHa! This guy...
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Funny, you're just the ten thousandth among the "heroes" I meet in the taverns, and all of them "claim" they did the same things, after a few pints of ale. So, who is the one who needs to sober up now? :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Funny, you're just the ten thousandth among the "heroes" I meet in the taverns, and all of them "claim" they did the same things, after a few pints of ale. So, who is the one who needs to sober up now? :D

Silently, the hero reaches into her cloak, withdrawing a small shard of metal.

Just staring at the dark piece of metal causes your head to swim a bit. You hear the echoing screams of the undead assaulting your ears, and you see the lights of the tavern darken. You feel your grip on your sanity slipping, wanting nothing more than to grasp that shard and feel death's cold embrace...as your vision blurs, you swear you see two ghostly purple hands reaching out towards your throat...

...when suddenly everything snaps back into focus. The warmth of the fire, the sounds of the bard singing a tawdry ballad and the clink of glasses as the barkeep pours more rounds of ale.

You see the adventurer slip the metal shard back into a fold in her cloak, but feel the chill of death linger for just a second more.

"That's all that remained of Valindra after I sent her screaming back to her phylachtery, whatever deep, dank crevice it may lie. So sure, you may meet a lot of "heroes" getting all sodden here, but there's not too many who posses a relic like that, thank Kelemvor."

Your mouths, still agape fails to find a response.

"Good day, sir."

And with that the tall drow spins towards the door, her long, dark red cloaking swirling after her.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    bryan1963bryan1963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can imagine my Inn room or my cottage having a wardrobe and a chest or two for things. A stall for rent at the stables is a nice touch. A barn just outside the main quarter is more suitable for a wide variety of animals.