Install Arc
Options

Dragon Hoard Enchantments Bugged

l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvE Discussion
Tested on Live and Preview

So these new enchants pretty much replace Greater Fey ones

Tested this on Live and preview and pretty much wont drop while one exists

Using My HR on Melee Spec/ and DPSing 20 adds at a time only one drops White/Peridot/Aqau/Flawless etc etc

When I see the respawn quick change to Range draw all 20 adds in and repeat so after 60 mins Same pattern

1: Is there an internal cool down of Refinement drops if so please be honest and let us know?
2: If this is proved to be a bug please fix it as killing 20 adds at 15% chance of drop kinda seems wrong
Post edited by l3g10nna1re on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Using My HR on Melee Spec/ and DPSing 20 adds at a time only one drops White/Peridot/Aqau/Flawless etc etc

When I see the respawn quick change to Range draw all 20 adds in and repeat so after 60 mins Same pattern

1: Is there an internal cool down of Refinement drops if so please be honest and let us know?
    2: If this is proved to be a bug please fix it as killing 20 adds at 15% chance of drop kinda seems wrong
    There is a 30 sec or so CD on Fey iirc so it's probably the same.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    There is a 30 sec or so CD on Fey iirc so it's probably the same.

Possible but never actually been confirmed in posts would like Devs to confirm this and if so remove/reduce it

Also the second part needs checked by testing team
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ the devs/Pros

Can you comment please? If there is a 30 second Cool down can this be reduced to 15-20 to be honest this seems very long when grinding adds
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes I can confirmed there is an internal cool down same as the fey blessing cool down. IMO there is no need to change it, as it already gives a great return for either. You just have to time your kills for every 30 seconds...and it is not always a given you will actually get an enchantment/refining stone every 30 seconds
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Yes I can confirmed there is an internal cool down same as the fey blessing cool down. IMO there is no need to change it, as it already gives a great return for either. You just have to time your kills for every 30 seconds...and it is not always a given you will actually get an enchantment/refining stone every 30 seconds

thats your opinion Cayapp and you are welcome to it as am I to mine and I believe differently as do many others im sure for your side and mine Im asking for a DEV response not a players

For one thing you can do kill all those adds and for what + 100 white pearl ? from a level 60 seems very unreasonable, if it was Minimum Period then yeah ok but to get 3 whites in a row :S yeah no thanks

Again can I ask for dev/Producers Response please
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aren't these supposed to be like Fey blessing enchantments except that they give refining gems instead of enchantments? it isn't like they are anything special , I don't see why they would need a shorter cooldown than Fey blessing enchantments.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Aren't these supposed to be like Fey blessing enchantments except that they give refining gems instead of enchantments? it isn't like they are anything special , I don't see why they would need a shorter cooldown than Fey blessing enchantments.

For one thing The minimum Rank a Fey can give on a level 60 mob is rank 4 the minimum a Dragon enchant can give is a 100 point pearl which is useless to be honest, so with that chance and RNG factor white pearls pop up Alot and so thus makes it less useless hence why Im asking for confirmation of ICD of 30 seconds then reduced to 20/15
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could anyone tell, how the ratio pearls/ peridots/ etc. is? If it is 90% pearls, I will stay with my fey blessed enchants. They drop R 4. Thats 270 RP on the same enchant and artefacts and 135 for other enchants. The only boon of pearls etc. is, that you can use them to lvl artefact belt and weapon.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So far, I am seeing around 50% pearls, 30% peridots and the occasional aquamarine, sapphire or artifact refining stone. The occasional 500 RP drop means that the average value is higher than for the fey enchants. Not bad at all.

Note, however, that I am using the stone that came with the Dragonborn pack (as well as two greater Fey blessing enchants). What is not clear to me is whether the cooldown of those two enchants is independent or not.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Currently Im at 15%

3'% x 3 Utility slots 9%
    Utility necklace 1x3%
    Dex Belt 1x3%

Invested in these due to the artifacts weapons due soon to us in 15 days or less?

for myself seeing alot more Pearls drop than peridots and very very rarely do I see Aqua/Flawless

If they were to remove the pearl it would be fine as is because the minimum you would get is 500 rp PEridot

FYI PEARLS/PERIDOTS/AQUA/FLAWLESS do not crit (100/500/1500/5000) the value they are is what you get which is also a pity as all other enchants / items crit
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So do these things make Black opals drop? some guy on the legit channel was bragging about getting one by using Dragon horde enchantments. (and yes he did appear to be serious and not messing about , he linked it unprompted and told everybody it just dropped then another guy said he got one a few days ago.)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So do these things make Black opals drop? some guy on the legit channel was bragging about getting one by using Dragon horde enchantments. (and yes he did appear to be serious and not messing about , he linked it unprompted and told everybody it just dropped then another guy said he got one a few days ago.)

I can confirm they do I have 6 so far over 13 hours
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A guildmate had a Sapphire drop in an SP run last week. I don't see why an Opal wouldn't drop either. I've only had Peridots and a few Resonance stones so far but I just started running with it a few days ago.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I can confirm they do I have 6 so far over 13 hours

Oh wow , nice .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Since the OP does not want to hear the truth and thinks it is an opinion...perhaps he needs do a search of the forums.

Iambecks1 send me a tell in game, if you have any other questions on the dragon's horde enchantments. Not sure your on my friends list. It seems a bit messed up these days.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What about the artifact belt refinement stone?, Didn't you get one??

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The enchant also drops these new Resonance stones right? At least I'm getting a few here and there.

On the ICD: Seems to be 30s just like Fey Blessing. You won't get an answer from the devs on cooldowns that aren't listed, so opinions from experienced users are all we've got.

Probably best to split the utility slots between Dragon's Hoard and Fey Blessing if you want to get the max out of your grinding.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ lobo and Grog

Yes

they drop both Minor 500 point Resonance Stones and lesser green 2500 Minor ones never seen a blue drop yet only grey and green for resonance
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes i confirm for this Hoard gem,
    just crafted yesterday my very first Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment ,added to an Utility slot and it doesn't drop anything , i have killed more than 100 mobs (finished Idris instance) and didn't got one single refining thing.
    I have on the other 2 Utility slots from gear 2 Lesser Fey Blessings . So having both types of gems you don't get refining stones ,only enchants lvl 4 from the fey.
    Fix it please.

P.s. in the normal game server.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Excuse me, Your stating your opinion That is a Fact nothing more as am I if you cant be civil then shut up.

He was civil. More so than you deserved, since you asked for Dev/PRO response and did not define pro, and then you totally disrespected him when he shared his experience with you. Some shutting up might be in order or not, but certainly not on his part. Have a good evening or whatever.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He was civil. More so than you deserved, since you asked for Dev/PRO response and did not define pro, and then you totally disrespected him when he shared his experience with you. Some shutting up might be in order or not, but certainly not on his part. Have a good evening or whatever.

Agreed. He has earned himself a trip to ignoresville...
  • Options
    yaniahyaniah Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do you guys know, if you are below level 60 if it will not drop an opal? My 60s get opals, but my level 31 has not. So we are wondering if it is level specific for the opal?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yaniah wrote: »
    Do you guys know, if you are below level 60 if it will not drop an opal? My 60s get opals, but my level 31 has not. So we are wondering if it is level specific for the opal?

Probably, fey blessings drop lower level enchants at lower levels.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Note, however, that I am using the stone that came with the Dragonborn pack (as well as two greater Fey blessing enchants). What is not clear to me is whether the cooldown of those two enchants is independent or not.
    I would like to know that. too. As far as I can see, their ICDs seem to affect each other. That is, when Fey Blessing is on ICD, it also suppresses Dragon's Hoard; and vice versa.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Guys, in the future if you see a Bug Report which is not a bug then please report it so moderators can move it.

l3g10nna1re, Bug Reports are for reporting features not working as intended.

Do not use it to request data on internal cooldowns or request changes to the current working of the feature.

If it is not broken then do not post it in the bug reports forums and feeling like it is not as good as it should be does not make it broken. ;)
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Happy with my 2 lessers, just from daily trolling around I've had peris, shapphires, and a black opal. Bargain.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Possible but never actually been confirmed in posts would like Devs to confirm this and if so remove/reduce it

Also the second part needs checked by testing team

I do my ToD dailies yesterday and end up with 5 pearls, 3 peridots, 2 aquamarines, a (green) resonance stone and a flawless saphire.
    This was for around an hour of grinding with the lesser dragon's hoard enchant. This seemsto be plenty.
    So what? you can't sit in a foundry dropping mobs and getting drops every second?
    With one at lowest level I am very happy with what I have gotten from it. Make it any more effective and it will be broken.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Incidentally through mine and others testing...the ICD is indeed separate for each type of these enchants. For example you can have a fey blessing, tymora's and a dragon's hoard slotted, all at once and have all 3 proc a drop at the same time.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^ Maybe, but the problem seems to be that if one of them proc, then none of the others will ever proc in the next 30 sec. AT least, I haven't noticed it happening to me yet.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I do have them proc at different times within the ICD...however it is not a common occurrence.
This discussion has been closed.