Install Arc
Options

Legit channel and "legit" guilds

2»

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have had nothing but good experiences with this channel and its members. Players have been polite and helpful and the groups have always been fun to run dungeons with.

I do keep all my opinions on other stuff out of that channel. And play by their rules. Never had an issue.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think I may have said it here before, but I consider nw_legit_community to be like a second guild. We talk, we have fun, and we form runs for things. I see nothing wrong with some chatting as long as dungeon runs still happen. And as of late, dungeon runs are still happening. Maybe not 24/7, but they are still happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too have had some bad experiences with running thing with the channel, but very very few. Generally I ignore (as in not pay attention to) people who request GS, that is if they haven't been shushed into shame already, and when the blaber/ranting/whining gets too much I just turn it off.

But I usually don't mind it, like people said- it's a community. I have many friends (or people that just call me a bot :() on there that are not in my guild, and it's always nice to have extra people to chat to when my guildies aren't around. Or even when they are.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Today I got me a rust monster from a lockbox. When I opened it noone was online in my guild except me, so I bragged in legit. I know, it was a bad thing to do, but I had to brag to someone. hehe.

My wife was still sleeping too, so I couldn't go pounce on her either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its not a bad thing zshikara. Someone says they won something, Im typically exicited for them, and say gtz. Unless you were rubbing it someones face heh thats mean :P
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    Today I got me a rust monster from a lockbox. When I opened it noone was online in my guild except me, so I bragged in legit. I know, it was a bad thing to do, but I had to brag to someone. hehe.

My wife was still sleeping too, so I couldn't go pounce on her either.
    Its not a bad thing zshikara. Someone says they won something, Im typically exicited for them, and say gtz. Unless you were rubbing it someones face heh thats mean :P

Yeah there's a difference between look what I got I'm so happy, and I just won X and you didn't haha you suck etc etc.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's just not have this turn into a clique of "the kewl legit people" vs "everyone else".

I always hated cliqués in school.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    farla47 wrote: »
    or people that just call me a bot :(

It's OK, Farla, you're still my friend even if you are a chat bot. I don't hold that against you. <3

I'm all for the chatter and even the occasional (friendly) argument, but yeah when it turns into flamewars or slurs I ignore people/turn off the channel.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Legit Guilds: I certainly would be interested in such a list...(or perhaps some pointers where to look), I've been looking for a guild to join more and more, specifically due to the changes in the Legit channel lately. I've only been in the legit channel for perhaps 5 months, I unfortunately didn't find out about it until that time, but the channel definitely has changed since I have been a member. The channel still is a great place to form a group, but the channel has become more and more a place of PvP complaining, more so in the PST evening time. Early to late mornings PST is significantly better, but even then there are Now there are also people asking for 'experienced only' to form a group, or people ranting about how his CW is the only way to make one and everyone else is wrong...your character sucks!!. Generally I don't pay any attention to such things but it has become so prevalent lately, I've just shut off the channel completely, going back during DD to help if needed to fill out a party.

I am glad I was directed to the channel in the first place, Neverwinter was becoming frustrating to the point where I was about to quit, I am thankful for all of the people who helped me out. I also understand that things evolve, the legit channel is evolving into something much different than when I first joined. I personally have no interest in PvP, not in a game like this. I certainly cant understand why people would continue to PvP, in a game that really isn't designed for it, and continue to do nothing but complain about it.

If there is a list...where? If there isn't...could anyone recommend a 'legit' guild?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If there is a list...where? If there isn't...could anyone recommend a 'legit' guild?

I'll start with three (in Alphabetical order)

Call of Mystra
    Guild Medieval (which I just joined myself)
    Tyrs Paladium
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Fighters of the Preposterous
    Storm-Shore

I am in both guilds which do end game content.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks to both
  • Options
    princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2014
    I'm not really sure what a "legit" guild is, my guild is casual but there are dungeon runs, pvp, pve, and gaunt groups daily... Days of late I haven't seen less than 10 members online at a time... My guild is 24/7 active.... Even though we have over 200 members we're very selective in our recruitment.

1. You must be over 18.
    2. You cannot be easily offended by absolutely anything.
    3. Guild chat is NOT PG in any way, shape, or form.
    4. No Drama, Trolling, Bashing, or Fighting.

The guild is mature and rp-friendly--built for rp and social reasons but has progressed into much more.

Take a look at Twilight Horizon if you're interested.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    A list of legit guilds would be awesome to have. I know it's been brought up in the past.

I can certainly say Tyrs Paladium is a legit guild whether they are forming from the Legit Channel or not, though. :)
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    <Lightning Pandas>

Legit, 18+

As for the discussion of the legit channel, no channel will ever be perfect. It is okay to talk about something other than forming a group imho. People should have a place to ask and answer questions as well. The class balance stuff... I would prefer that stuck to zone chat.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am in Tyr's Paladium, so I can attest to our legit-ness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]