Install Arc
Options

The 'coming soon' class

2»

Comments

• Options
    djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for all of those mentioning Druid and saying it makes sense cuz it's a healer, please just stop... Druid in 4th edition is a controller, with some tanky capabilites, which is what i'd see them do for druid, having wild shape as tab and humanoid mode abilities be AOEs like a CW and beast mode be single target tank type attacks.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still maintain that the original plan was one new class per module. And while it's clear that, that plan was a bit too ambitious. It's easy to see evidence of the planning involved. The classes and the modules all fit within a general theme that would of made perfect sence had the classes relesed properly.

It's clear the ranger was intended to be released with Sharandar.
    The warlock with Shadowmante
    Druid would of been a perfect fit with Icewind dale.
    With paladin being a match for Tyranny.

This would mean the next two classes are locked in, and currently in development. Sure, it's just conjecture. But it seems reasonable enough to be true.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since the game was based on 4th edition classes and we have 6 of the 8 classes from the 1st Player's handbook. I would say the most likely class to come next is the Druid, then Paladin, then Warlord. But who knows... after the druid, they may update the game to reflect 5th edition. and forgo the Paladin and Warlord. I personally want a Psionic.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29#4th_edition

Player's Handbook Classes
    Cleric Divine Leader
    Fighter Martial Defender
    Paladin Divine Defender
    Ranger Martial Striker
    Rogue Martial Striker
    Warlock Arcane Striker
    Warlord Martial Leader
    Wizard Arcane Controller

Player's Handbook 2 Classes
    Class Power Source Role
    Avenger Divine Striker
    Barbarian Primal Striker
    Bard Arcane Leader
    Druid Primal Controller
    Invoker Divine Controller
    Shaman Primal Leader
    Sorcerer Arcane Striker
    Warden Primal Defender

Player's Handbook 3 Classes
    Class Power Source Role
    Ardent Psionic Leader
    Battlemind Psionic Defender
    Monk Psionic Striker
    Psion Psionic Controller
    Runepriest Divine Leader
    Seeker Primal Controller,
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Nobody knows whats next. Unless you work at cryptic or wotc, you dont know jack either.

I vote for Paladin/Blackguard and Bard though =)

True. No one knows for sure. But in a stream a long while back people that do work at cryptic said Druid would be the next class they start working on. This was back when HR and SW were still just works in progress. Of course that might have changed. And even if they started it next they might not finish it next. Who knows.

Right now I'm really enjoying the Scourge Warlock. I'm sure I'll like whatever class they decide to add next.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    armitchellarmitchell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alot of Devoted Cleric's like straight up healer mode while others enjoy the tanky I can live through anything anointed mode. In Neverwinter Healing is Not a large issue when it comes to dungeons or PVP as we use potions.
    Adding a Druid or Paladin in healing roles would negate the Devoted Cleric class as a whole across the board. Some People love their DC's yes, but then the usefulness would be gone if you could use a DPS / healer over a straight healer. I would not agree to add any type of class that could potentially replace an existing class currently in game.

I have a Temptation build Warlock and with Life steal feats was able to keep most of my group alive in heavy AE dungeons like karrundax and Spell Plague. so Semi Healer this could possibly account for.

I would Vote for a Monk as next Character.

Monks in various stories and games have been healers and hand to hand fighters. I personally enjoy the martial arts style of monk playing with an ability to self heal through inner strength. Humans and Halflings would be primary race choices for Monk classes in a fighter role while the Elves would love their priest aspects. This gets to far into duel specs which I do not believe falls into this realm as the story is told.

Fighter Monks Own
    xpaija.jpg
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    October 8th, 2013:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Producer Andy Velasquez FTA:

"We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one," Velasquez said. "But ... we're staggering development on those, so that's always going to be the cadence we want to do. As the Hunter Ranger gets close to being released, then we'll be working on the next one. Once that one gets close to release, there will be the one following."

The class 50 to 60 percent done in the article would be the Scourge Warlock already released. So if what he says is correct they have already starting working on the next class before the SW was released.

Also:

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."
  • Options
    deadshot1973deadshot1973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I want Monk or BlackGuard![/

hell yea monk would be great in this game
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i would make my personal mission to kill every druid, and make a stew of those who are shapeshifted :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i would make my personal mission to kill every druid, and make a stew of those who are shapeshifted :D

I feel the same way about monks. I really don't want Kung-fu in my western themed fantasy. I know there will be a dozen advocates rushing to correct me that it is a part of D&D. But that doesn't mean I have to like it
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't wait to play a healer Bard. Prescient Bard would be good.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I had to make a very strong guess it would be either Druid, Monk or bard as my top choices for new class. We have yet to see a pscionist striker class or a buff machine (would love to see a Bard class ingame).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos