test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Community QoL Suggestions & Requests

Comments

• mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Few suggestions to improve Gauntrlgrym PvP:
    - Please make everyone who ques alone outside Gaunt map to be qued into the side with less people (Luskan side) for more battles. Currently it is ridiculous that you must be on party and someone of the party must be on the door if you are in the Delzoun side to even get into a pvp match and in Luskans you get usually immediately in at any point as there are so few people, but you will near never be able to go into Dwarven King's Crypt (DK) as they almost every time lose (and thus you probably won't ever have both shares even if they do, as you had skipped the most boring first phase).
    - Please make every member of guilds able to single que to Gaunt pvp to be qued on the side with less people (Luskan side).
    - Please make every lost battle to add cumulative 10% damage bonus on the losing side (Luskans) until that side wins the whole Battleground, at which point the bonus should reset to 0. This to encourage people to move to Luskan side for more equal battles.
    - Please remove changing allegiance cost to smaller/more losing side from guilds alltogether or mae it ridiculously small sum, like 10k AD or less oppopsed to the 750k for the more winning Delzoun side.
    - Please add the 20v20 PvP also for the first phase (Iron Tabernacles) and last phase (Crypts) of Battleground so we who like may fight more and do less of the boring stuff.
    - Please add possibility to get into DK if you were among top 10 of any battle, in the winning side of any battle or if you were on the winning side of battleground
    - Please make the golems less though, but to spawn new one every time one is killed for more feeling of battle. Also when base is captured, make the golems start to lose 5% of health every half second, so they won't just disappear and leave the few defenders there exposed.
    - Please try to reduce the starting time of battles. I have seen battles starting 5 minutes before the phase ends (the point when you are transferred to the battleground map) and have just few seconds of time after the gates come down (once actually the gate countdown closed 2 seconds after the battleground timer ended), in which point I have failed to gain the share just for the fact that there was no time to kill anybody or capture even one base.
    - Chance to send messages for your whole 20 member team would be nice. Currently party mode only sends to your 5 member party and zone mode sends it to all, including the enemies.

This is perhaps the most fun of the PvP varieties at the time, so please make these adjustments to make it even better.

Few Suggestions to improve the Icewind PvP:
    - There are too few targets. Please consider removing the injury kit requirement or reducing their price.
    - There are too few targets. Please make Black Ice Domination (BID) to start in each instance every hour and half hour and randomly in between. Also the jammed BID matches are annoying, so try to remove them.
    - Consider balancing the items that root players when you deal damage to not make the most dominating classes of GWF and TR even more dominating. Please do not do this at the expense of making the items less usefull against NPCs.
    - Consider creating more NPCs on the battlegrounds for the side that has less human players and removing some from the larger side. Especially the golems are unbalancing factor, as usually the already larger side has most of them and they are real deadly when you have on top of them 3 to 1 players rooting you on the ground.
    - Please consider making the NPCs thougher (more hp and slightly more dps) for the smaller side and less though for the larger side.
    - Please consider giving small damage resistance, control and damage bonus on the weaker side (with less people).
    - Please consider giving BID participants BID points for their own deaths as well, as atleast they are trying and providing targets.

This could be fun and personally I don't mind the injury kit cost, but currently there is always one side just bigger than the other that dominates and in the BID matches if you are on the losing side, you will be having hard time to get even any points to pass the encounter, as you are slaughtered the moment you enter or you just can't kill anyone from the horde and in the weaker side you can't even mine the black ice for points from the mothelode.

Suggestions for Domination PvP:
    - Perma-Stealth TRs should be seen when you stand right next to them and targeting them should be easier and they shouldn't be able to "dodge" attacks just by going into stealth mode.
    - TRs assassination should be dodgeable, as it is quite ridiculous that you dodge it and have even walked away after the dodge and still are insta-killed for it later from enemy you can't even target.
    - GWFs should have in every PvP mode slight delay in their control powers to make dodging them actually possible. Currently even when you know the attack is coming and instinctively dodge, the almost meaningless lag makes you bounce back to the attack route and get hit, even when on your screen you dodged. This change shouldn't affect their abilities in any way when they are out NPC hunting.
    - CWs need more stamina, preferably one more dodge from full bar and slightly better stamina regeneration to make them more pvp viable. Any stamina regen from kills won't mean squat when you lose 1 vs 1 every time for the fact that you can do nothing when your three blinks are out, as you are too slow to even cast anything then, especially any control powers. Also the fact that most GWFs and too many TRs are anyways immune or near immune to control power won't help either.
    - More maps would be extremely welcome. Just two becomes too boring too fast.
    - The ruin map with many choke points and long distances makes it to favor the already stronger side. Way to lift yourself up from your own base would be welcomed.
    - Possibility to get replacement players for disconnected/leaving players until either side has 500 victory points would be nice. Too many times someone leaves just after the beginning of match and then it is 4 vs 5 match from the beginning.
    - No daily pvp points or domination victory for players who camp from the start. There are some annoying cry-babies who won't even try if there are no GWFs in the party or they are the sole GWF.
    - The PvP healing potions are useless for classes with no withstanding ability, like CW and HR. Long reloading time and healing coming with delay means you usually are already killed before the healing kicks in and when you aren't in combat, your regeneration heals faster than the potions. Thus would it be possible to make them heal the whole amount instantly, but keep the reload time as it is to not make tanks invincible? Also the delay in their use, as well as with the delay of healing artifacts makes using them when necessary very hard if impossible, as the moment you press the button (or more likely hacking of it, as the lag makes the presses not register every time, even with cherry mx red), you are already dead before it kicks in (but usually the pot/artifact use is lost still).
    -Spells and powers should still take effect even if target moves out of their range or goes invisible after they have been cast, as it is unacceptable to lose ability for no effect because of these things, as they happen constantly especially with the abilities with long casting.

Here perhaps the biggest problem is when one side has too many Juggernaut GWFs, who are fast as Hell, have large resistances and thus really hard and slow to kill, are immune or near immune to controlling and with one or two swings reduce even 27k+ hp characters into dust, being alone able to control one base even against two or three enemies. Other problem is if all the tanks are in one side, espeicially if they happen to have a tank healer and then you just try to get the healer out, but the others tend to stand in the way and until the healer is out, you can't kill anything and when the healer is killed, he is in moments back where he was.

Personaly I enjoy the matches most where are no GWFs/very weak GWFs and the parties are about equal in tanking and DPS, as then it is more about player skill and less about exploits/strongest classes. PvP might one day be the most enjoyable aspect of the game or among them, but currently it is still far from it...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    I've always wondered about this. The point of the need option is so that people have a better chance at getting equipment they will use, right? If you're running a dungeon for a piece of purple gear, isn't it only fair if it drops that you get it (instead of somebody else who will just sell it on AH)?

Of course, if it's agreed beforehand to roll greed on epic drops, roll greed. But I'd just like somebody to explain to me the reasoning behind this particular (understood) rule.

People usually expect the greed rule to apply even when it is not said and that everybody who uses need does it either to cheat or on accident, of which either aren't considered acceptable behavior.

If you actually really need that particular item, you might just ask for it and most people I play frequently would simply give it to you or atleast give you permission to use need for it. But just remember to ask/inform beforehand for no confusions. This is ofcourse when the price of the items isn't in hundreds of thousands of AD, in which case you probably would need to atleast compensate somehow.

The rule is because the dungeons usually give quite randomly loot and not always even too class-evenly. Also certain more popular/usefull class items of more popular classes tend to be more expensive and thus such classes tend to earn more compared to others, even when they do same work or even less than others. Thus many/most feel it unfair to run long dungeons just to see one class/person get all the loot because he can choose need on there when most of the team can't. Also remember that most times you are able to use need, you still won't be using the item for else than selling.

Thus when everyone chooses greed, everyone has equal chance. After all even if you were to need that 10k item and would get other class 10k item instead, you could either barter it or sell the item you got and buy the item you need from AH, but the drop chances would be even for all.

If you tend to disagree, try running any top tier dungeons with only one class party (except CW), when everyone has even chances for all loot. Atleast MC, CN and VT would be quite "interesting" with sole TR, HR, DC or GF parties... ;)
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • geovanesbgeovanesb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And you wonder why you were kicked? Understand that the unwritten and written rule of every party is that always choose greed on any epic items (except the ones everyone can choose need, like profession and refinement items) even when not mentioned. Choose need and you risk being kicked. There are still those rogues who choose need last, but they usually gather increasingly fast list of people who have ignore-listed them and are thus having harder time in the future to find company, especially from the better players.

I have to laugh at what I read now, the rule for deciding who gets iten, go to hell !!!!
    by chance who makes these rules is a game developer? it is written in the rules of the game?

not so do not give me that bull****, if as you said some dungeons favors a profession logically tera other dungeon favoring another profession.

so do not come with that bull****, you have the options need, greed and pass, each was done with his proprosito in the game, if it comes one iten you and your favors wonder no one has the right to get you out of the group because you deserve iten, iten if you want another class make a character and it will pick up in the dungeon and does not want to come and steal what is not his

Thoughts like that make the game good turn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    edited August 2014
    geovanesb wrote: »
    I have to laugh at what I read now, the rule for deciding who gets iten, go to hell !!!!
    by chance who makes these rules is a game developer? it is written in the rules of the game?

not so do not give me that bull****, if as you said some dungeons favors a profession logically tera other dungeon favoring another profession.

so do not come with that bull****, you have the options need, greed and pass, each was done with his proprosito in the game, if it comes one iten you and your favors wonder no one has the right to get you out of the group because you deserve iten, iten if you want another class make a character and it will pick up in the dungeon and does not want to come and steal what is not his

Thoughts like that make the game good turn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

First, calm down kid. Nobody in the adult world will take you seriously with such angry kid rant, especially as you are using vocabularity of a 7 year old beggar street kid.

I simply explained why he got kicked. I don't make these rules and I was also one time not in the know and was only wondering why did I get kicked, but people expect you to follow certain rules even if they are not told, like when you come to another country, steal something and expect to rot in a jail, even if nobody told you about that. Same goes here.

Unless you are not stating in the beginning that you follow your own set of rules, expect people to react when you act against expected. Also every group can either A) Vote or B) the leader can kick you. When you join a group, you are supposed to act as part of team and if you won't, the group have eveyr right to kick you and as you were ironically making claims based on coded traits of the game, so are coded traits the party kicks too.

You can rant all you want about what is right or wrong by YOUR opinnions and standards, but I really don't care. You don't own nor deserve anything before it is on your inventory and press need and I will also kick you, should you be on my party.

Also please try to learn how to write more clearly, as I really have hard time reading what you are trying to write between your curses, and frankly with that bad languange I don't really have too much patience to try to understand what another angry kid has to say on internet.

EDIT: Noticed that you were previously whining about how kicking should be changed so YOU couldn't be kicked when you don't follow common rules. Again, grow up and if you can't handle few rules, just don't play. They can't and won't change kicking rules just for you, because there is reason: People need to be able to kick people who don't play along. Today I came to a party that was waiting to complete Dread Vault boss, but couldn't go on as one player decided he wanted to fight some enemies left on the beginning and everyone was waiting. What do you think we did? Yup, after he didn't answer or show any hints of coming in few minutes, we vote kicked him and got to fight the boss. You think this was wrong? Apparently as he was not offline or away for long enough, but we got enough of him wasting our time and simply got rid of him and everyone was happy, except perhaps the kicked guy.

If you can't play by the group, go do the dungeons in maps solo or gather friends who accept your "needs", but the kick rules won't be changed just so you can force your wants on everybody else.
    edited August 2014
    pterias wrote: »
    Having power set presets would be so awesome, much better than having individual power select hotkeys. I hate having to manually swap out all my powers between pve and pvp, and swapping out half of my powers between clearing trash and boss fights. I think at least 3 presets would be great. I would even be perfectly content if switching powers set all of your encounters to full cooldown, just make it more convenient!

+1
    This is one of my hates too, when you must change every power one by one, move this there and that here and get those new. Also nothing is as annoying as the fact that you must wait the cooldown of power before you can change it and wait then a new cooldown. 3 presets and changing every time you want and completely replaced powers get cooldown starting at the moment of swap and overlaying any existing cooldowns.

...And then I notice later that I forgot to swap that healing potion into one suitable just when I need it and can't use it...
    Swappable gear sets would be super nice too, even if it required Zen because of the extra effective bagspace. With either (but especially with swapping gear), it could be restricted to town/campfire. With gear, that would prevent (or at least not make it any easier for) someone to effectively use 2 different armor/weapon enchants with overlapping cooldowns in pvp (ie. Barkshield swapped to Soulforged before dying). Alternately, you could restrict (all) equipment swapping to only being able to be done out of combat, just like using a mount.

+1
    Out of combat, but one reserve set ready would be nice, so you don't need to run to bank just to change pvp armor on/off. Also possibility to use same enchants on both armors would be nice with FREE and automatic transfer from one armor to another...
    Professions should have a "Collect and Repeat" button on the confirmation window that would only light up if you had the mats/assets needed. Automating it is too cheap, even just 3 times. "Collect and Repeat" would probably save me about 15 minutes a day total across 6 characters, especially when the gateway is acting up and refusing to populate the Mailsmithing list :p.

+1
    This is one of the more annoying traits, when you need to every time try to find the right task and then reload the usually three assets that are probably as far away as possible hiddend between other objects. Takes just too long, especially as there is no memory that could suggest using same assets as last time you did the job.
  • geovanesbgeovanesb Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    First, bla bla bla.

first again go to hell
    take all that you said and put that place in the As..hol. should already be accustomed to putting it apparently
    * I am using a translator do not care the way of writing is not my language.
    you are one of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicking other players in the group so it comes Tantar explain what does not make sense.
    do you an invitation comes here in my country and speaks to my face that I am a child
    if you want to keep talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and turns we will grow.
  • silenteersilenteer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As of this moment, BIDs are BI farming places for AB side. Most matches start 11-1 and end up 20-0. I used to be AB and got sick of this. I didn't have anyone to pvp against. So I switched to TT and tried to convince others to do it, using zone chat. In some days it worked, in others it didn't. However, I believe the best way to balance the sides is to make something programatically, that would make players want to have balanced fights and balanced sides. To make them want to join the outnumbered side and not want to join the outnumbering side.

So here's my solution: you could alter damage and control based on the difference of players on each side, so the players on the outnumbered side to be much stronger than the others. In the long run it will lead to more balanced fights. If you see your side is outnumbered you'll jump in to have some fun wearing the buff. On the other hand, if you see your side is already outnumbering the other side you might be a bit reluctant to join, so you don't get crushed in a 1v1 with a much more powerful player (buffed by the outnumbered buff).

I know it's not easy to implement such a thing but my thought is: if you don't make incentives for players to keep a balanced fight, they won't. It's as simple as that. And I don't know why, but I have this hunch you didn't spend so much effort on two sides content so only one would get played.

Another variation of this might be to remove injuries from the outnumbered side and give them buffs based on the number of deaths. Variations are possible and I think viable solutions are at hand.

Also, if I think about it, making the buffs zone wide and letting players know the exact numbers of each side when they are choosing, would make them keep a balanced number: joining the side with fewer players would give you the outnumbered buff, so you would get dailies done a lot quicker, right?
  • winds0ng1winds0ng1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Control wizards in Neverwinter have unbalanced powers versus other class. Why don't we add a pure control spell to control wizard spell list? Such as ditch one of dps spells and add Otto's irresistible dance.

Imagine all the mobs dancing while you slash them to death? Also it would be good to introduce active control to the game. Control wizard channeling otto's irresistible dance on pack of mobs while others are dps-ing the pack down. If control wizard takes some damage spell breaks and mobs are stunned for few seconds and released and spell goes on cooldown.
  • zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion:

Add another section for gear (similar to how you can switch between town clothes and regular armor) where you can either keep a second set of armor equipped and switch to it when necessary or where you keep a PvP set equipped so that you can easily switch between sets in OWPvP or dungeons.

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • maitamachimaitamachi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alright this one is going to be completely PVP centered. I recently just got into Neverwinter and i love, LOVE the gameplay and feel overall. And thought to myself '**** if this game had more pvp, it's already great pve would just make it nearly untouchable'. So here's a list of game modes that would be awesome/interesting and give people something to do with their lives as far as pvp is concerned.

Game mode: Siege
    Size: 15v15 or 20v20
    Two castles, and a battlefield between them. Mounted on the walls of each tower are npc archers that do (more annoying that deadly) damage to make the defending squad have a slight advantage. Players would probably be split into attack and defense squads naturally and would take the fight to the center and try to push back the opposition. When at the gates of an opposing castle, defenders have the ability to 'close' the gates to the castle to buy them time against the attackers. Giving ranged classes and npc archers more time to deal with them. (Gate closing has a significant cool-down and the gate itself can be destroyed). Inside each castle is again NPC guards/swordsmen -a reasonable number of them that is- that would assist the losing team by soaking up damage and contributing to the DD'ing. Battle is over when one team reaches the center of a castle and burns the other team's flag.

This is somewhat the bare-bones version of what the game mode could truly be, you could throw in Towers and player activated traps, different NPC types etc etc. But that's the main jest of it.

Note: What would make the mode really cool is if you could get into is as a Guild. Giving rewards as far as winning streaks (Slight exp/gold boost overall) and send the money to the guild leader so *hopefully* he can pour that and other goodies back into the guild to help everyone.

Game mode: Slayer/Team Deathmatch
    Size: 5v5 or 10v10
    Self explanatory, just get in the ring, cover one another and kill everything.

Game mode: Capture the Flag
    Size: 10v10
    Again, self explanatory. A small map with semi winding flow so that players can engage in combat and grab the flag from opponents and flee. Player with flag - No mounts, movement speed slowed, but gains an overall defensive boost.
  • chucknasty15chucknasty15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They need to increase the level cap after every expansion, because it gets boring doing quests not lvling my maxed out character. i know there is an reward for every time you fill the bar afterwards, but i still feel no reason why they shouldnt increase the lvl cap with each new expansion/ release
  • naddasleepynaddasleepy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To allow for a fair "greed only" run, please allow everyone to pick "greed only" from their character portrait. Once EVERYONE picks greed only, then it is "greed only" for everyone in that instance of the dungeon. This will disable the "need" button. This will keep the dishonest people from hitting need at the end or any part of the dungeon, or even if new members enter the instance.

This sure would make people happier.

That is a wonderful suggestion.
    edited August 2014
    Because there is not understanding in a PUG. Most dungeons are run and gun and no one says a word to anyone else except the token TY before dropping party at the end.
    edited August 2014
    I would like to suggest that the Blue healer companion have something to say. Why does it not say anything at all? If I had known it was mute I would not have bought it. Not that you all provide any real information about the companions. I had to find a website online just to get a look at them.
  • e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With all the aid given to the other classes, why is the Cleric constantly ignored?
    Even at lvl 60, my DC /Anointed Champion is the weakest link on any team.
    Basically I feel useless because as a support class, I can't support. I'm too busy trying to avoid the red zones to stop and apply aid where needed. When I do, my character is dead. Clerics need to have some improved deflect, defense, recovery, and rejuvenation to be worth anything.
    Now the CW is better able to care for a team than a DC. Come on Devs, give this class some love. :)

Another suggestion. We have an idle companion inventory. Why not add an inventory for our mounts?
    Some of us want to have multiple mounts in case we get tired of riding the same old nag. :)
    We have no place currently to store our mounts, and using the regular inventory is impractical because it takes up valuable space from other items. Please consider this in your next mod.
    Like the idle companion inventory, if we need extra slots to our mount inventory, that too can be made a reality.
  • qazhiqazhi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love the game and I think the latest patch was great. However, I play the HR like a Welter Weight and switch stances like theres no tomorrow. I thought it would be great if there was a Class Feature or Feature that rewarded attack combinations. Example: 5 successful encounters within 2 seconds could grant 100 Power buff for 4 seconds. Etc..
    PS: Would it be possible to have more ''control effects'' with our mellee encounters
    PPS: I've been playing with the audio on and thought (While laughing) it would be good if each class had a ''Catch Phrase'' with Daily's (Just one). Like Namor's ''Imperious Rex!'' and Ben's ''It's Clobberin' Time!''. It doesn't even have to be words, a grunt would do. (lol)
  • qazhiqazhi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PvP and the Warlock's ''Ghosts'' are not working. They should only be able to spawn one at a time aaand it dies with you. At best, the Ghost is a d.o.t. (In Wow you can't run around with all your pets) For my pvp gaming it is critical that this is looked at.
    edited August 2014
    e1emento wrote: »
    With all the aid given to the other classes, why is the Cleric constantly ignored?
    Even at lvl 60, my DC /Anointed Champion is the weakest link on any team.
    Basically I feel useless because as a support class, I can't support. I'm too busy trying to avoid the red zones to stop and apply aid where needed. When I do, my character is dead. Clerics need to have some improved deflect, defense, recovery, and rejuvenation to be worth anything.

Do a tank DC, preferably debuffer. In the long run, most people get good enough for using potions and can affor them, so except some notably few dungeons, DCs arent that preferred EXCEPT when they are debuffers and then they are just LOVED. I have never seen better groups than one with built debuffer DC with Perfect Terror in addition to my CW with GPF. Every enemy will melt down like snow regardless of the rest of the group (well, they must be atleast mostly decent in the harder dungeons, but anyways).

Also I have seen tank DCs that have been able to kill my CW solo with debuffing (and surprise moment). Also there are many tank DCs that have been virtually impossible to kill without 3 characters targeting them and unless the others in the pvp group are completely useless, that will decide the match outcome. Most is just about good gear, so keep collecting and read about some DC builds and then respec if high GS isn't helping...
    edited August 2014
    qazhi wrote: »
    PvP and the Warlock's ''Ghosts'' are not working. They should only be able to spawn one at a time aaand it dies with you. At best, the Ghost is a d.o.t. (In Wow you can't run around with all your pets) For my pvp gaming it is critical that this is looked at.

...And those lingering Soul Puppets in every map entrance are pretty spooky, so could you please start to despawn them on exit. 8 Soul Puppets or more can be really annoying in pvp when you simply can't target the SW and many of such SWs tend to cause lag, but still haven't seen too hard to put down SWs around...
    edited August 2014
    Could you please add 10 more feat points and 10 more paragon feat points that are possible to achieve trough level 60+ exp prizes like those power points could, one at a time. Would make accumulating post level 60 exp nice for much longer time and wouldn't imbalance too much, just create some more gap between new level 60 players and long time level 60 players and you could get more bang for your buck eventually. This would still keep it possible to get only one final paragon path trait, keeping the second one just out of reach.
  • happyplayehappyplaye Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    here are my two cents:

play again low level zone and event skirmishes
    at the end game level provide access to some low level skirmishes or CTA event such as Respen or protector jubilee (might as well to all previous skirmishes) - me and some others reflected the other day how fun was the previous CTA skirmish events, and we thought it might be very enjoyable to play again the Respen skirmish or the protector jubilee.
    now for the tricky part rewards:
    personally me and some of the other players i talked to about this subject, just enjoy the skirmish and not really mind about the rewards, but from the pragmatic perspective the rewards can be same as other level 60 or almost 60 skirmishes (like the battle for the bridge and aberrant assault skirmishes)
    the other tricky part access:
    after delving a bit on this part i thought after some consultation with some other players that some of the currenly in game used currency will be suffice to provide access - some out of the blue suggestion, buy a special key which provide access to those skirmishes and it will cost some considerable nor too high neither too low amount of AD, something like the DD chest key in a way.

dice companion set
    well this idea come to me after playing the Respen event and its pretty simple , it would be nice to have that D20 for a companion. even nicer to have the whole set of dices and even get an achievement acquiring all of them.

food event
    really something i thought of recently - what about a food fight event - this game contain lots of consumables , i would love to see the endless cream pie dish

alchemy profession special pots (aka unstable)
    when leveling the alchemy profession we used to get those unstable potion, well i think after enough of them it will be nice to have the ability to create some of those potions like the size increase/decrease , animal transforming (maybe random transform to some of the monster we fight against) and some more
  • sintanirasintanira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The ability to kick bots while in PVP .All day long stuck with 2 bots every time i qued up.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There should be a NPC in protector where we would be able to exchange our Medallions of Battle for items of previous CTA events, even if it's for double or triple cost.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    While NW Vanguard packs can only be claimed once, the mail from Srgt. Knox is sent to every character. And it stacks. I'm getting like 5 duplicate mails on my new chars, who can't even claim NW Vanguard packs. Small fix please?
  • bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    my suggestions concerns pvp - I been playing a lot of pvp and this getting real boring - the cw and tr just not balanced at least not for my class.
    I play archery based ranger i just cant do anything versus them.this should not be the case even if some classes are stronger versus other classes there should always have a chance of fighting back. I understand that the way i play is not the best way for 1v1 combat but when you cant do anything to defend yourself the game becomes pointless. The two main issues are - perma stun and perma stealth. the perma part may not be an issue if there was a way to fight against it but considering that the only way to fight stealth for me is to use revelations lantern which has a cd of 180 seconds, while in a small 5v5 map i encounter rogues at least once in a minute and even more if there are multiple rogues on enemy team. So in a typical fight the rogue not just kills me but makes it impossible to fight back - cant shoot air -while out of thin air comes dmg and often even the lantern doesn't help as there is only a few feet necessary to maintain damage and remain hidden for rogue. My suggestion for that would be to introduce pvp consumables with lower cd than the lantern that does not damage but only reveals hidden objects. And making it a gold bought consumable would be a nice way to introduce more spending of gold because as it is right now besides the few coins spend in professions and campaigns there is not much point of it, especially after increase of income due to new vendor treasure items. The next thing - the perma stun problem. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to fight it but now its just ridiculous - in a typical fight all i can do are the few hits before the cw obtains the chill charges than all the remaining 90% of my hp are gone in perma stun. This maybe hard to time right but the fact that it is possible makes it ridiculous - the only defense against that is not to engage wizards 1v1 and hope they don't notice you in team fight. But again that is not the way pvp is supposed to work, its unfair that the only thing we can do is hide behind a wall and wait till the chill debuff ends doing nothing hoping that the time for wizard to come is long enough despite the fact that there are not so many walls around to do it often. my suggestion would be to make the spells like hammer of winter dodgeable (becouse otherwise why even make the flashy sound and visual effects, just to tell you that you are dead?) or introduce some early control resistance increasing items. Because right now any wizard can theoretically do it, and from what i have seen it doesn't require much.
    Another thing i would like to see - clear range superiority on rangers, the 9 feet buff is practically meaningless were they not supposed to be this game snipers? Or do you want them to be only viable at pve?
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    NO MORE PVP MANDATORY; for reasons I dont need to dicslose but will (it reminds me of being bullied in highschool people say its c-- but they are not the one that has to live with the trama) and it would just be nice if I (as in ME not YOU not SOMEONE ESLE) had hte abilty to choose that.
  • forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Choosing between 2 different Shift abilities per Class

Instead of, say, GWF only being able to sprint, or TR only being able to tumble (dodge), give each class access to a [Dodge Shift] skill and a [Sprint Shift] skill that they can choose between (in addition to their current pre-existing shift abilities), based on their preferred playstyle. It could either be a specific choice that they have to make for their build (AKA not being able to use the alternative), or you could simply allow the player to switch out one shift skill for the other (like switching out powers). I think most would prefer the latter, though. Obviously Guardian Fighter would be exempt from all this, since his purpose is pretty much his Shield, but I think this would be a great opportunity to capitalize on additional play-style choices for each player.

Here's some ideas...

Trickster Rogue

[Sprint Shift]
    Rush

You dash forth at an unmatchable pace, greatly increasing your Run Speed and ignoring CC effects while rushing. Gradually drains Stamina while active.
    • Has the highest Run Speed modifier out of all Sprint Shifts (as it should be natural for the TR to be the quickest in the group).
    • Unlike other similar shift abilities, it does not reduce damage taken.

Devoted Cleric

[Sprint Shift]
    Wings of Action

Divine energy surges through your body as ethereal wings sprout behind your back, allowing you to soar forth with increased speed while ignoring CC effects and taking 30% reduced damage. Gradually drains Stamina while active.

Great Weapon Fighter

For the GWF, I honestly think they should just repurpose Punishing Charge into a shift ability and replace the spot it was in with another more useful ability.

[Dodge shift]
    Punishing Charge

You briefly rush into a direction (25 feet) with unstoppable force, dealing damage equal to 25% of your total Power to anyone in your way and knocking them aside a slight distance (~3 feet). You avoid damage from Ranged and AoE attacks, and take 50% reduced damage from melee attacks, as well as ignoring CC effects, while briefly charging.
    Consumes 30% of total Stamina. (3 consecutive uses)

Control Wizard

[Sprint Shift]
    Timeshift

You accelerate the passage of time around your being to travel with increased Run Speed while active, ignoring CC effects and taking 30% reduced damage. Gradually drains stamina while active.

Hunter Ranger

[Sprint shift]
    Stride

You maintain a powerful stride with increased Run Speed, ignoring CC effects and taking 20% reduced damage while active. If in Melee Stance while striding, you also gain an additional 40% deflect chance. Gradually drains stamina while active.
    • Consumes stamina at a much slower rate than other sprint abilities, while at the cost of having a slightly less speed boost than the others as well.

Scourge Warlock

[Dodge shift]
    Shadow Warp

Your body briefly shifts into shadows and reappears at a location up to 25 feet away, briefly ignoring all forms of CC and damage while warping. Consumes 30% of total stamina. (3 consecutive uses)

=================================================

I've always wanted to sprint at epic speeds with a TR :D. Thoughts?
  • nathaniel886nathaniel886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just wanted to make a post about dodge. You made a better one.

The only thing that I would add would be to make a dodge/roll/sprint ability more responsive and decrease the recovery time after this ability is performed. For instance as of now a TR rolls away and then stands still for about half a second. So when you just run and roll it really does seem clunky and not fluid how I would imagine it to be. Be gone with it please.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • nathaniel886nathaniel886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Exactly, it certainly felt weird first several times I've used it. What is this stutter?

Also similar thing can be noticed on CW. It does take away from the fluidity and general feel of the combat, especially if you have to shift a lot and I don't think that it would be very hard to change, but I might be wrong.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep in mind you're also completely immune to damage during the slight pause at the end of the dodge, which is extremely powerful when used correctly.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.