test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Community QoL Suggestions & Requests

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Nice thread, but some of these suggestions are preferences from persons of a particular point of view that if changed would negatively impact all persons of an opposed point of view.

Example.. I wouldn't enjoy seeing a foundry author's suggestion being implemented that changes the way I have to do dailies, if only because he feels his quests aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Not to focus on that.. there are lots of others that should be closely considered, I am sure.

All I am saying is that 'quality of life' is subjective. If the change makes someone happy but doesn't impact me, I'm all for it, I don't care what it is. But care needs to be taken...
    . . . Please discuss such in each topic's related threads, as the points you mention are the very reason those threads are linked - to allow the developers to go and find the information easily and make their own decisions based upon player input there-in. If a subject does not have a corresponding thread linked, it's safe to assume one can create one to discuss it and the link will undoubtedly be added to this thread's listings when apprised of such.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hear what you are saying Zebular, but sometimes such discussions don't lead anywhere good. It's really rather simple, before making sweeping changes, consider the consequences. That's all I was saying. I don't need or want to get into any qwerty contests with anyone on this forum.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice thread, but some of these suggestions are preferences from persons of a particular point of view that if changed would negatively impact all persons of an opposed point of view.

Example.. I wouldn't enjoy seeing a foundry author's suggestion being implemented that changes the way I have to do dailies, if only because he feels his quests aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Not to focus on that.. there are lots of others that should be closely considered, I am sure.

All I am saying is that 'quality of life' is subjective. If the change makes someone happy but doesn't impact me, I'm all for it, I don't care what it is. But care needs to be taken...

I agree with you but rest assured, I am 100% positive that developper will think about all pros and cons before implementing any chages. I made this thread for 2 simple reason:

-Class all suggestions under the same banner (as for mailbox suggestions for exemple).
    -Make an easy link to suggestions thread to prevent multy threads to be posted asking for the same things.
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited April 2014
    js3b, I am completely in support of the thread, never meant a word against it. Was just a thought that occurred to me, that's all. A LOT of information is presented here, and you know how people sign off on whole bills or contracts... US Congress is famous for it. haha
    It's all good. Nothing I said was meant to be negative about any part of this in the least. I know I don't come across clearly sometimes (often) and that's why I don't comment on everything.

I type maybe 8-12 posts and delete them without posting for every one I actually click that final reply button on. XD

For what it's worth, I think it was a great idea and am pleased that it got stickied.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Profession x3 button in both Gateway and ingame.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A tiny suggestion,
    would like to see more quick/belt item slots, with the coin, small pet, there is no room left, my water ball thrower thing feels discriminated.

And an endless totally random with rising difficulty arena style dungeon would be nice, for some challenge.
    edited April 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    A tiny suggestion,
    would like to see more quick/belt item slots, with the coin, small pet, there is no room left, my water ball thrower thing feels discriminated.

And an endless totally random with rising difficulty arena style dungeon would be nice, for some challenge.

What do you mean by arena style dungeon ? lol

• kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    The cursor for me follow the text as i type perfectly....

As for the HTML or forum imput, i think could be a good idea but if they removed it there was probably a reason, ill add it anyway as i could find some use to this :)

I've recently noticed it follows when you are first creating the history. Try editing an existing history on the character, that's where I see it not follow.

I believe the HTML tags stopped working when they made it put line breaks where you started new paragraphs. Before if you wanted a line break, you had to use the HTML tags for it (as you had to on CO and STO). Being able to dress up character histories is something that's a good QoL for us roleplayers who put in extra effort into our character histories.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pyciorekpyciorek Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2014
    I have seen people suggest that the shirt and pants visuals should get an option to disable them, like the helmet and cloak have (shirt and pants very often make an armor set look terrible).

Especially when a lot of armors have obviously been designed without taking shirt into account.

Similar goes for the armor enchant visuals - they make the armor look terrible in most cases. Wouldn't it be nice to add an option to disable armor enchant visuals?
  • cautkcautk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about implementing some of the best foundry quests in game in the existing zones instead of those kill/find/clear-the-spot quests? It gets kind of a bit boring when doing same kind of a quest all the time. There are some uniques, like summoning ogres who kill werewolves in vellosk (for halflings) but other than that, differentiation of the quests in most zones is narrowed to search and destroy. Only thing that makes it different from simple grinding is a story line in that zone. Implementing few unique quests from foundry right in the zones so everyone will do them will give us a bit more colourful bouquet of adventure. Just a suggestion tho.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cautk wrote: »
    How about implementing some of the best foundry quests in game in the existing zones instead of those kill/find/clear-the-spot quests?

While I completely agree it would be awesome and make replayability of zones on alternates much more interesting, there is a probably insurmountable problem. How do you tell what "best foundry quests" are out there? The current "best" list in search is ridiculous and filled with nothing but farm/loot/instant-achievement quests.
    edited April 2014
    js3b, I am completely in support of the thread, never meant a word against it. Was just a thought that occurred to me, that's all. A LOT of information is presented here, and you know how people sign off on whole bills or contracts... US Congress is famous for it. haha
    It's all good. Nothing I said was meant to be negative about any part of this in the least. I know I don't come across clearly sometimes (often) and that's why I don't comment on everything.

I type maybe 8-12 posts and delete them without posting for every one I actually click that final reply button on. XD

For what it's worth, I think it was a great idea and am pleased that it got stickied.

Thanks for the compliment, I did not take anything you said on the wrong side either, I think it was a good comment with constructivity. I acutaly agree with what you said. Those are suggestion, need some thinking before anything get implemented of course!

• permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    New Dungeon/ Mechanic: Companion Party. Go on an adventure with your companions (occupies the 4 slot plus 1 pet slot)
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We need more emotes
    stuff sto/co already has stuff NPCs do
    Sitchair/stool walllean chat

Prop based emotes
    drink(tea mug glass) read book(normal/tome/scroll/floating) hold torch
    flip coin roll dice

tabs for fashion and transmog items/ and mounts
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the addition of the link for vrtesseract's suggestion :)

• haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?647031-Why-Is-Dying-Weapons-Not-Allowed

Thread about the fact that we are not allowed to dye weapons and states that the developers could gain a ton of money if it were possible to dye them.
  • lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Suggestion: Add a tailor/transmuter.

The way the current transmutation/dyeing system works is kinda clunky and really feels like a chore. That said, I don't suggest getting rid of it completely because people will still like being able to transmute and dye on the fly. What I suggest is adding a tailor/transmuter to Protector's Enclave. The NPC would be able to transmute and dye your equipment however you choose. You would still need to pay the relevant AD/Zen costs, this would just make it a lot easier to do without having to track down the obscure piece of equipment you want yours to look like. You'd also be able to preview the finished product before purchasing instead of having to guess. I imagine this as popping up something basically like STO's tailor menu, except you pay in AD/Zen instead of gold. As a result, the costs of the transmuting and dyeing would be exactly the same, it would just be a lot easier to do so, which would result in more people using it and spending the AD/Zen. It's good for the players because we like convenience and hate ambiguity, and it's good for the game because it makes it easier for players to spend money.
  • dpskanedpskane Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    nicely structured thread. and many of the suggestions here make much sense. unstackable enchantments annoy me quite a lot, too. even if they have the same amount of RP. lots of good suggestions here.

i saw there is a link for mount suggestions. what about a link for companion suggestions?

i recently was checking the active bonuses list and had the idea that an interesting companion active bonus could be one that increases ability scores. unfortunately, there is no such thing as half points, and i think a companion that gives +1 STR on epic is too weak (or maybe it is not? opinions?) and +2 STR would be too strong. plus if the companion should start green/blue, we need something to increase.
    one option would be to have companions giving +1 to one stat while being blue and +1 to another one if being purple. this might be very strong, too, as one can then get 4 such companions, boosting the main abiity by +4 and each other one by +1.
    but you get the idea. something like that would be cool, if you ask me :)
    actually, having non-integer stats would be totally fine. they don't have to show up, as long as they calculate correctly. then companions that give 0.5 for green, 2x0.5 as blue and 3x0.5 as epic companions should not be overpowered. plus, it allows users to "form" their individual companion. e.g., if you start with the green +STR companion, and you upgrade it, you could be asked what second ability you want to choose, etc.
    that will bring only 6 base companions into the game (and 15 blue/20 purple must be provided), though, not sure the developers might maybe prefer having more. in which case starting at quality blue offers 15 different companions to advertise/sell.
    just an idea ;)
    other uncovered stats i noticed with checking dancing blade/shield:
    critical strike (1/2% could be ok?), deflect severity (dancing blade gives 3/5% crit severity, maybe same values?)
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2014
    You might want to look into the fact that I, a human, am failing your Turing Test very often, while in the meantime, I noticed someone macroing to remain on server while actually being afk, and believe it or not a computer program is passing the Turing Test, while I, a human am failing it quite often. I have some ideas on how to solve this design problem, but i'm of ill health, so if the admin will reply my private message which I sent under my pseudonym of y2kproxima, I have a few simple proposals.
  • blackbeard1234blackbeard1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Both Target Dummies and Portable Altars should be craft-able (artificing makes the most sense, but really any profession would do.) Both could have simple versions and rare and epic versions requiring better materials and giving better bonuses such as a target dummy that adds a buff if you pass a threshold of damage done or altars that give a set buff instead of random one. My original brainstorm was that players should be able to craft Altars and then reap a small percentage of the XP and AD that OTHER players earn from them. In this manner a player with the ability to create rare Altars would have an incentive to not only place those Altars often but in high volume locations where a lot of other players would use them.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Suggestion: Let Alchemists make potions that heal injuries like injury kits? With the open world pvp, it'd be helpful if players could craft injury kits to reduce the cost of pvp.

The other option is to make deaths by another player not cause injuries.
    edited May 2014
    Would like to see an option to Filter items in the professions tab at the AH for 'Assets' and 'Resources'.

And side note: Some items like shared Bank have been implemented, perhaps moving it to the bottom of the list and marking as such.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please remove the Boon requirements from entering Icewind Dale please. My GWF has an 11.5k gear score and cannot enter because he doesn't have the required boons.

Please note. I can't stand doing the Sharandar quests.
    edited May 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Please remove the Boon requirements from entering Icewind Dale please. My GWF has an 11.5k gear score and cannot enter because he doesn't have the required boons.

Please note. I can't stand doing the Sharandar quests.

I don't think this thread is the right place, but anyway, you don't have to do sharandar at all, you can get the required 3 boons from Dread Ring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    I don't think this thread is the right place, but anyway, you don't have to do sharandar at all, you can get the required 3 boons from Dread Ring.

Woops! My bad.
  • foxfax2foxfax2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My suggestion is simple and I haven't seen it in the thread so... Let us have the option to replay previous quests.

I have been in the unfortunate position of playing when the Blacklake Terror mission has been bugged. It has been bugged on every toon I've made. Yes, every single one. Yes, every single time. Cleric, GF, GWH and HR have all missed out on it at different times and in different patches and can never go back. Once we're past the level that would be "appropriate" (as decided by the GM's) you limit us down to levels that are optimum. That way we can pick up on missions we missed and also help newer players along without having to either be horrifically OP or try to coach them from outside an instance. It also means we can play those skirmishes and party quests that we don't do if we're good at levelling (ie we level past them by accident as I have on my GWF). As an option, you could also let us do the lower-level skirmishes at full power (only including those at high levels) just to watch the damage numbers soar! ;)
  • baltier81baltier81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can block gear switching at domination? also repair GS pvp at domination, 10k gs pt vs 16k gs pt???'
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we have a toggle in options to make target lock ignore players? It's kind of annoying in group play. Large bosses aren't as bad as the smaller mobs, but players can still get in the way between locks/unlocks.
  • nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    an additional encounter power on the (Z) key or perhaps the (~) key.

also releasing warlock class before the coming soon banner collects so much dust it simply said "oon" :P
    this is a joke pls take your time and get it right but drammit I want my Hell fire scorched earth making dps machine..... please?
This discussion has been closed.