Install Arc
Options

Dragonborn pack discrepancy

2»

Comments

• Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who is PWE? Do you mean Perfect World, Inc.? (Of course, PWI is a game by PW).

PWE is Perfect World Entertainment, the parent company of PW in the United States.

In any case, the laws of the country where the digital transaction took place have jurisdiction. As I was in England when I was falsely enticed into the transaction by a fake sale that never existed, English and EU law applies.

But you are taking this off topic by discussing legal remedies. I am confident they will do the right thing.

Because it is the right thing.

~
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PWE is Perfect World Entertainment, the parent company of PW in the united States

Ah okay - the company that doesn't actually do business in the United States? LOL

Thank you for clearing that up for me (serious, no snark) - since it is PW (Inc) doing biz in the US, PWE then is academic argument at best. The real "issue" regarding anything "legal" is that game servers are located in the U.S. so U.S. Laws app;y, save for the Russian Server where Russian laws will apply.

I am not aware of any servers in Europe (and I have no problem acknowledging such is it comes out that this is the case.) :)

Where I find the quizzical nature of comments in this thread is when the OP mentions the curiosity of having a Green item given when the item was advertised as Blue. Then the game studio corrects that and gives everyone the Blue version. Then people complain that they preferred the green version. Please, stop complaining when you actually get what you've been asking for.

In any case it is hilarious how people like to talk "legal" as though they actually know commerce laws. Armchair lawyers/attorneys/solicitors are the best entertainment.

P.S.: it is @refracted0dawn (and others) who brings up legal aspects, as though it means anything (post #29) - seriously, that post wins comedy central award.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Greetings adventurers,

We realize there was discrepancy with the green Fang of Bahamut items and the Blue Fang of Bahamut items shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Once we noticed this, we implemented a fix whereby the green Fangs were changed to reward packs that, when opened, will contain the blue Fang belts as shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Players who had the green Fangs will need to open these reward packs to get their blue Fangs. We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.

LOL we didn't want the blue one , ugh why did people whine and complain , the green version is better , can we have it back please?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    brynicstormbornbrynicstormborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    LOL we didn't want the blue one , ugh why did people whine and complain , the green version is better , can we have it back please?

I agree entirely. The green version was far better, as it did not require a belt slot to be used. There's no way I would trade the stats of an epic belt - and certainly not an artifact belt - for a blue quality item just for 90 dps against a dragon, when 99% of the enemies I fight aren't dragons.

Come on Akro - I thought we were GenCon buds? I even had the same hair color as you cosplay day! Can we at least get a say in which item we like better?
    - Brynic
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That is true in the United Kingdom, other European Union countries and the United States of America. But PWE is a Chinese company and they have slightly different attitudes.

Support refused point bank to do anything about the Dragonborn pack. I asked for it to be escalated to senior management.

ALL Support replies are anonymous and they refused to tell me with whom I was communicating, but I doubt it was a senior manger.

I am entitled to:

1. a full refund OR
    2. compensation in the amount of 2150 Zen, which would give me the 25% discount I agreed to, as I spent cash equivalent to 8600 Zen.

I am still waiting.

I would have preferred to buy 21,500 Zen for €180.00. Then I could have bought the Dragonborn Legendary Pack for LESS than I paid for it in the pre-release sale, AND the Warlock Booster Pack, AND 100 Preservation Wards and have 9500 Zen left over.

Needless to say, my Zen purchases ceased due to this Dragonborn, Pre-release False Sale debacle, and will not resume until it is sorted out. This is a simple fact, not an ultimatum, threat or unreasonable demand. It is not unreasonable to insist on your consumer rights in the Western democracies.

PWE really should study the fable of killing the goose that laid the Golden Egg.

~

Sometime the idiocy of the human race astounds me.

Nice response angrysprite. I on the other hand am not that nice. Putz.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ah okay - the company that doesn't actually do business in the United States? LOL

What? Like Microsoft Ltd in the Republic of Ireland, which is who I have to deal with as I am resident in the UK, means that Microsoft Inc (the US parent company) has no connection with trade in the UK and the RoI?

You think that Microsoft Ltd does not have the same business ethic, policies and standard operating procedures as Microsoft Inc (except where local laws forbid)?

You do not understand as much as you think you do.

PWE is the parent company of PW Inc, and PW Inc take their cue from PWE.

Anyway, you are insisting on taking this off topic and insulting me to boot, so I will discontinue this and not even mention Maoist, Totalitarian attitudes, such as ignoring customers and draconian censorship.

In any event, I have not even claimed the fangs and other stuff. My post was about the 25% discount we were cheated out of as early purchasers. I want the 25% discount and I will accept it in the form of at least 2150 Zen, as that is 25% of the 8600 Zen equivalent I paid in cash.

No one is talking about litigation or law suits except you.

• Options
    came064came064 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im confused did the OP complain that this item didnt go into the belt slot and was green? Or did he just complain that is was not blue?

Why in the world would you want this item to go into the belt slot when it was in he inventory slots? Its horrible as a belt but fantastic to have in the inventory slots as an extra. All of us that got the code for the green one are now shafted because one person complained?

Do a poll in game and ask which people would want Im betting they would want the inventory item even if its green instead.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep this item is garbage near the new one, but maybe we should get a Better quality blue one than the green but with the same "consumable" slot.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

In any case it is hilarious how people like to talk "legal" as though they actually know commerce laws. Armchair lawyers/attorneys/solicitors are the best entertainment.

You mean like, oh I don't know, you?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The green version was far better, as it did not require a belt slot to be used. There's no way I would trade the stats of an epic belt - and certainly not an artifact belt - for a blue quality item just for 90 dps against a dragon, when 99% of the enemies I fight aren't dragons.

Yes, neither would I, but unless you used a Race Change token or leveled up ludicrously fast, most people will have a low level Dragonborn and start with the beach and the Crown of Neverwinter. If the Blue belt increases it's stats like a Mulhorand Item (which is what I understood from the advert on the web site), then the actual belt is the better thing to have, rather than a consumable.

So you can have a Mulhorand-type Cloak, a ring AND a belt, as well as Main and Off-hand. Far better for new Dragoborn starting at level 1 and doing the quests and PvP.

From the advert, I expected to get a Mulhorand-like belt and ring. And as I have 3 character slots, I'd be using them on the new characters. I won't be changing race or using them on any of my other 12 characters.

And you can always sell it if you really don't want it.

~
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't understand, this belt is garbage...why did they downgrade what they gave us? I already have the xvim gear so this is completely useless to me...if anything they should've just given the folks who bought the pack both since it was their mistake in the first place...seriously unhappy and I don't get unhappy about neverwinter very much...
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i bought many of these off AH and now they are useless and devalued. BRING BACK GREEN FANG!!!!!
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was actually happy with the change and wanted the green fang. Now they have changed it due to the complaints. Oh well, I am buying the pack for the race, bag, artifact, and race change anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm currently not in a position to log-in and check myself right now, but if I give this belt to a lower level character, does it level up with you? Or will its stats remain at the level that the character first equips it?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Incidentally, if I give this belt to a lower level character, does it level up with you? Or will its stats remain at the level that the character first equips it?

Supposedly it levels up.
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm currently not in a position to log-in and check myself right now, but if I give this belt to a lower level character, does it level up with you? Or will its stats remain at the level that the character first equips it?
    I think it does, but what sucks about it, is that it's BOE and when you're done leveling you get to discard it because it's now useless...the green fang wasn't bound, didn't take a belt slot and was useful at level 60...
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tyedor wrote: »
    I think it does, but what sucks about it, is that it's BOE and when you're done leveling you get to discard it because it's now useless...the green fang wasn't bound, didn't take a belt slot and was useful at level 60...

This is what happens when people would rather complain about "getting what is advertised" instead of being happy that they gave you something better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Yes, it does. It is like a Mulhorand Belt, but is blue instead of purple. It as designed and meant for people rolling a new character with the DBL Pack. If you had only the two free character slots everyone has and this pack is the only thing you have purchased, a level 60 belt would be no use to you, and a dragon damage bonus would be no use for a very long time.

So you have a Mulhorand-like Blue Belt AND a Purple Ring and you can get a Cloak, Main and Off-hand weapon as well.

The green enhancement/reinforcement would have been useful, of course, if it was reusable; although you would not meet any dragons for quite a while.

~
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, it does. It is like a Mulhorand Belt, but is blue instead of purple. It as designed and meant for people rolling a new character with the DBL Pack. If you had only the two free character slots everyone has and this pack is the only thing you have purchased, a level 60 belt would be no use to you, and a dragon damage bonus would be no use for a very long time.

So you have a Mulhorand-like Blue Belt AND a Purple Ring and you can get a Cloak, Main and Off-hand weapon as well.

The green enhancement/reinforcement would have been useful, of course, if it was reusable; although you would not meet any dragons for quite a while.

~

You are incorrect. Level 26 is when you begin the ToD quests, and can kill your first dragon. That is not "quite a while", so a dragon damage bonus would have been useful in a very SHORT time.

Akro, et al - Please, may we have an option our green fang back? Not only was the one from the DBL pack retconned, but the Fang I received from the code turn in was retconned as well.

If people such as the above who so vehemently enjoy the belt want to keep it, then good on them and they don't need to ask for a replacement. I swear, it almost feels like there are some people who are HAPPY that a chunk of people are upset - "ha ha, you got nerfed". I, and many others, have expressed our desire that we were happy with what we had, wanted what we had, used what we had, and made gear decisions based on that factor.

I, personally, picked up a Xvim set to level with. This belt is of NO use to me whatsoever. You have taken something from me I *did* use, *did* want, and *was* happy with - and replaced it with something that I *won't* use, *don't* want, am *unhappy* with, and will just discard.

C'mon Akro - I'm asking with all that's in me. It's already a slap in the face that the pack I "pre-ordered" at a "sale price" that was supposed to end at launch is being sold in the Zen store for what basically equates to LESS than what I paid for preorder (if you count "bonus zen" for purchasing 5k/10k etc). Don't make the pill more bitter by taking away one of the items I, and many others, found highly useful and desireable.
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    i bought many of these off AH and now they are useless and devalued. BRING BACK GREEN FANG!!!!!

Boo. Freaking. Hoo. You bought several so you could jack the price later, and now you got jacked by a patch. Thank you cryptic.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cthon wrote: »
    You are incorrect. Level 26 is when you begin the ToD quests, and can kill your first dragon. That is not "quite a while", so a dragon damage bonus would have been useful in a very SHORT time.

Oh, OK, I did not realise. If you want to miss most of the Main Quest, all of Dread Ring, Sharandar and Icewind Dale with a new character, that's up to you.

I, personally, picked up a Xvim set to level with. This belt is of NO use to me whatsoever. You have taken something from me I *did* use, *did* want, and *was* happy with - and replaced it with something that I *won't* use, *don't* want, am *unhappy* with, and will just discard.

C'mon Akro - I'm asking with all that's in me. It's already a slap in the face that the pack I "pre-ordered" at a "sale price" that was supposed to end at launch is being sold in the Zen store for what basically equates to LESS than what I paid for preorder (if you count "bonus zen" for purchasing 5k/10k etc). Don't make the pill more bitter by taking away one of the items I, and many others, found highly useful and desireable.

I completely agree with you there. We should get a 25% discount on the 8600 Zen equivalent we paid. 2150 Zen would go a long way to restoring a small part of the trust they have utterly annihilated.

And I am really not happy if you feel you were nerfed. I'm just happier to be using the belt on my level 13 Dragonborn Warlock. I also have one from the Hidden Code. Shame there's no Enchant slot, though.

It IS a total pain for people who bought a Green Fang from the AH and now have a blue belt instead that's probably worth less than 10% the AD they paid. Better than a retro-fix, maybe they should have sent everyone who bought the DBL pack a Green Fang as well, and left the one from the hidden code as it was?

Would 90 bonus damage against a Dragon make that much difference? How much time would it knock off a solo fight, and how much extra damage would be done overall?

Cheers!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let me see if I get this straight. the Pack was advertised with a certain item and then it actually came with another one, so people complained, then they changed the item to the one that was advertised and people are complaining again?
    I guess it's just impossible to please everyone...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    came064 wrote: »
    All of us that got the code for the green one are now shafted because one person complained?

No. Akromatik said in his post that:

Once we noticed this, we implemented a fix whereby the green Fangs were changed to reward packs that, when opened, will contain the blue Fang belts as shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?734371-Dragonborn-pack-discrepancy&p=8786591&viewfull=1#post8786591

So they had noticed the discrepancy anyway and decided to fix it, independently of this thread.

At least he had the decency to acknowledge it and make a public announcement. In seven months of playing, I think it's the first time I have seen that.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, OK, I did not realise. If you want to miss most of the Main Quest, all of Dread Ring, Sharandar and Icewind Dale with a new character, that's up to you.

How am I missing any of the main quest line? You do them in parallel. Not instead of. There are level limitations as well that parallel your characters advancement on the main storyline. My DB SW is a bit higher than level 13, so maybe you just haven't noticed yet. You may not be aware, but you get a mailbox message at level 26 welcoming you to the campaign.

And I am really not happy if you feel you were nerfed. I'm just happier to be using the belt on my level 13 Dragonborn Warlock. I also have one from the Hidden Code. Shame there's no Enchant slot, though.

Again, good for you. Notice no where is it being asked to take away what you have, all that is being asked for is give us back what we had received, were used to, what we were happy with, and what we (in many cases) made substantial AD investments around. Xvim sets aren't cheap. But given how vehemently people are arguing the "tough luck, suck it up and sucks to be you" route, it certainly feels that way in quite a few posts. I certainly hope that if the shoe were on the other foot, I would conduct myself more gracefully.

It IS a total pain for people who bought a Green Fang from the AH and now have a blue belt instead that's probably worth less than 10% the AD they paid. Better than a retro-fix, maybe they should have sent everyone who bought the DBL pack a Green Fang as well, and left the one from the hidden code as it was?

I'd be happy with this as a compromise. Or give us the option to have one or the other. While the former would still negatively impact my main, it would still be desirable for my SW that I am leveling up, and DOES do the Dragon quests/kills *in addition to the main storyline*. And TBH, I and several others are fairly certain that in the presale, the Fang was listed as a Green item, consumable slot. I mean, otherwise - why would I have purchased a Xvim set, yes? I swear, I wish I'd have SS'd the page when buying.

Would 90 bonus damage against a Dragon make that much difference? How much time would it knock off a solo fight, and how much extra damage would be done overall?

The Green Fang was substantially more than 90 dps. If memory serves, on my main it was 480+, although I'd have to check ACT to give you exact numbers. So if I were soloing one of the dragons, it reduces a 15.12 minute fight by minute or two, which could be the difference between success and failure. And, I'm pretty sure it hit more than just the HE dragons. So - yeah, it makes a difference. I have to ask- why do you even *care*? You have what you want, why are you and others so adamant to see others lose what they had and wanted, when no where is anyone asking for that to be the case?

Again, I'm not lobbying for people to lose their belts *if that is what they want to have*, so I don't get the vehemence of people who are lobbying against this. I've seen one (?) post asking about the blue belt being wanted, and substantially more saying "Hey, we'd like the green one back". I am seeing a lot of people jumping on the "ha ha" bandwagon. I'm asking to be given back what I received and was happy with and originally purchased. And I wish those people who keep jumping in with the negativity would see that. I'm sure they would sing a different tune had they been impacted. It smacks of people who don't even play a class jumping in with anecdotal reasoning why it should be nerfed.
  • Options
    came064came064 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since some people do find the belt useful and bought a pack to get this item then yes it should be a belt for them. I doubt the people that redeemed the code on the other hand wanted a belt instead of the inventory slot item.

So do this.

People that bought the pack give them a belt and a separate inventory slot item(since they did pay money anyway dont see why they cant have both). People that redeemed the code just for the slot item just get the slot item back.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I have to ask- why do you even *care*? You have what you want, why are you and others so adamant to see others lose what they had and wanted, when no where is anyone asking for that to be the case?

I did not at any point say I wanted to see you lose what you had. Are you sure you're not a PvPer?

If you can find me saying any such thing, or anything even vaguely similar, please post a link as I must have written it in a fit of absent mindedness.

But I do have five level 60 characters, so if it can be moved from character to character without ever binding (like an enchant), the Green one would have been the better item. Even if it was not "as advertised".

The best thing for customer relations would have been to leave the hidden code item as it was, and send everyone who bought the DBL pack the blue belt. It would cost them nothing and actually encourage further sales as people would be thinking what a wonderful company they are.

The only reason I bought the pack was the alleged discount and the bags. A Tiefling probably makes a better Warlock than a Dragonborn.

But I still want my 25% discount.
  • Options
    mavlocmavloc Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to point out, that even if you did purchase the pack and got the item you wanted, PWE is allowed to change the item anyway if it is Over-Power/Broken, or requires fixing.

Either way, you probably wouldn't have getting the blue item shown.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I did not at any point say I wanted to see you lose what you had. Are you sure you're not a PvPer?

If you can find me saying any such thing, or anything even vaguely similar, please post a link as I must have written it in a fit of absent mindedness.

Text is often a poor purveyor of tone and intent. I was mostly referring to the overall perception (on my part) that you seem to be opposed to those who want the original item we received, in addition to being directed to others who specifically have stated opposition. It wasn't meant to be an insult, as your "PvP'er" comment obviously was. What bearing that has, I'm baffled over. I really don't care about PvP, for the record, and PvP has no relation to the item, or the event at hand. I'm not willing to bury the focal point of the original intent of my posts in trollery or argumentiveness. If that wasn't your intent, then no need to continue further in that vein, no?

To be on topic:

Akro, et al: I respectfully submit that multiple people have stated our preference. Many of us have invested time and AD around the receipt of what was originally acquired, and what we feel was a superior item, that we gained positive use from and enrichment to our character experience as well as performance. Additionally, the Green Fang received as part of the code redemption of a couple days ago was changed as well. Can we please have the option to revert the code redeemed item, or a turn in/exchange to have the Green Fang for those of us who originally had it, or prefer that item?

Thank you for your consideration.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    don't mess with us aussies :)
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”