test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn pack discrepancy

lrudgelrudge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
in the content page for the Dragonborn it lists the Fang of Bahamut as a blue quality item with these properties.
[IMG][/img]fang.jpg
but I have not been given this item - i have a green Fang that goes into my belt instead. I would like at least this fang item to be blue as I originally bought or a blue belt item with the properties described. Advertising one thing while giving me something else is not really on, especially when bought with real money.
Anyone else noticed?
Post edited by lrudge on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Your're right.
    I never noticed.
    I've been using my Slayer Belt the whole time.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the bottom it says its a belt. That means you're getting something better than what was described because you dont need lower stats in order to use it and it isn't bound.
  • lrudgelrudge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    no, that item posted is what I SHOULD have got - what I got was the green fang, the same as was given away with the hidden code - they advertise a BLUE item but give you a GREEN, in other words you get an inferior product from that advertised.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lrudge wrote: »
    no, that item posted is what I SHOULD have got - what I got was the green fang, the same as was given away with the hidden code - they advertise a BLUE item but give you a GREEN, in other words you get an inferior product from that advertised.

The green isn't a belt, it's an enhancement for a belt.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• lrudgelrudge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    but the green fang isn't mentioned in the pack at all and I don't have a belt item of any quality so something is definitely wrong whichever way you look at it.
    edited August 2014
    lrudge wrote: »

The green one goes in your consumable/potion bat and applies a passive bonus. The one you linked is an equipable belt and they supposedly reworked it I guess. I'd rather be able to use belts with better stats with the passive bonus.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure how "bait-and-switch" laws apply to sub-items within a package, but if it was advertised that way it should be delivered.
    Smells very fishy and dishonest if not borderline illegal.
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I also posted something like this in the previous thread, i would advise the to the person who opened the thread to send a ticket to support. that's what i did and i'm still waiting for their reply
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The green one goes in your consumable/potion bat and applies a passive bonus. The one you linked is an equipable belt and they supposedly reworked it I guess. I'd rather be able to use belts with better stats with the passive bonus.

And that relates to not getting what was in the pack description that the OP is talking about...how?
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    And that relates to not getting what was in the pack description that the OP is talking about...how?

Because the item we get is more useful? The item listed has similar stats than other blue belts and would require you to probably gimp your stats in order to use. This one you can use whatever you like. If you wanted to use it for levelling, I guess you'd have a point. Otherwise I don't see the problem. I got the impression that the OP thought that it gave a stat bonus rather it actually being a normal belt with average stats and the passive boost. Now we have the passive boost and can use whatever belt we like. So even though it's not quite what was listed and it's bad to advertise what isn't exactly what we get, In this case I don't see any valid arguments against it so far. If you can state why it's a problem then great, but personally I see no reason why this is an issue.
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Well, you did mentioned that your argument is just a personal opinion. with the recent debacle that the dragonborn pack has garnered. i guess the OP is just frustrated.

I guess most of the people here is pointing out is, if they advertise something to the Paying customer make sure that they give out the "exact" thing they are advertising. if most people just ignore this. it will just be a constant attitude of PWE to change something on what they advertise which is very frustrating.

So i understand your point about the item being more useful for you but there are also people who prefers the other. so to each their Own.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't matter whether or not the item the OP received was "better" than the advertised item. If OP wants the advertised item, then he better get it.

The entire Dragonborn Pack was full of questionable advertisement ... now this.
    edited August 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter whether or not the item the OP received was "better" than the advertised item. If OP wants the advertised item, then he better get it.

The entire Dragonborn Pack was full of questionable advertisement ... now this.

I have no idea why this is apparently so hard for some people to wrap their heads around. If I buy a box of cheerios, I expect it to be full of cheerios and not full of fiber one that someone says is better for me.
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If you can state why it's a problem then great, but personally I see no reason why this is an issue.

It's not rocket science; your opinion about the relative worth of the items doesn't matter. What matters is that the OP bought a pack advertised as containing one thing, and received another. That's not complicated, really it's not.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no idea why this is apparently so hard for some people to wrap their heads around. If I buy a box of cheerios, I expect it to be full of cheerios and not full of fiber one that someone says is better for me.

This is actually a really good way to describe this issue.

That being said, I would rather have what is provided (the buff item that goes in a potion slot) than the belt that was originally advertised, so I am happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited August 2014
    It's not rocket science; your opinion about the relative worth of the items doesn't matter. What matters is that the OP bought a pack advertised as containing one thing, and received another. That's not complicated, really it's not.

Well I got the impression that the OP may have thought that it being blue gave the stats as a bonus and that he's missing those stats. That's why I clarified that it was an actual equipable belt. If he actually wanted the belt, then fair enough but I was under the impression that he wanted the blue one due to a misunderstanding. It just depends whether he actually wanted the belt or just assumed blue = better.
    edited August 2014

I suppose that is a matter of perspectives.
    The folks who are disagreeing with you (after examining the two item I find myself among them) see this as opening a box of Cheerios and finding a box of dollar bills. Mutch "WOOHOO"ing and rolling around on piles ensues. And finding a bit odd that some folks are taking the time to complain about missing Cheerios.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I suppose that is a matter of perspectives.
    The folks who are disagreeing with you (after examining the two item I find myself among them) see this as opening a box of Cheerios and finding a box of dollar bills. Mutch "WOOHOO"ing and rolling around on piles ensues. And finding a bit odd that some folks are taking the time to complain about missing Cheerios.

But if they wanted the Cheerios (whatever the Hell they are lol), then they would have to venture out into the world and find them again!

Also in my Country if a service or Product is not as advertised the person who payed for such item can request demand/guaranteed a refund - even virtual items.

So it is a tentative issue!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited August 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    But if they wanted the Cheerios (whatever the Hell they are lol), then they would have to venture out into the world and find them again!

Also in my Country if a service or Product is not as advertised the person who payed for such item can request a refund - even virtual items.

So it is a tentative issue!

Cheerios are a brand of Breakfast Cereal. They are rather bland and fairly inexpensive. A large box costs a couple of dollars, tops. The Honey Nut ones are pretty good, though.

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    whats the difference between the green and blue FANG of bahamut?

and why is TEARS of bahamut one use when it says 300sec cooldown?!?!?!
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?734811-tears-of-bahamut-one-time-use
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's simple - regardless of stats or what it actually IS - the pack advertises all the Bahamut stuff as BLUE QUALITY. Hence, purchasers are not getting what was paid for based on the advert.

This thread should be in the bug-reports forum.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's simple - regardless of stats or what it actually IS - the pack advertises all the Bahamut stuff as BLUE QUALITY. Hence, purchasers are not getting what was paid for based on the advert.

This thread should be in the bug-reports forum.

yer and i think this guy: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Scale_Merchant who currently has the wierd blue fang needs fixing to the green fang and the blue fang to be disintegrated out of existance #2ndEdAD&DFTW
    edited August 2014
    Ugh, our old fang got replaced with the belt one. Looks like it's not getting any use from me now =/
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I thought I recalled it originally BEING the potion slot item. Had the web page been retconned?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Greetings adventurers,

We realize there was discrepancy with the green Fang of Bahamut items and the Blue Fang of Bahamut items shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Once we noticed this, we implemented a fix whereby the green Fangs were changed to reward packs that, when opened, will contain the blue Fang belts as shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Players who had the green Fangs will need to open these reward packs to get their blue Fangs. We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Greetings adventurers,

We realize there was discrepancy with the green Fang of Bahamut items and the Blue Fang of Bahamut items shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Once we noticed this, we implemented a fix whereby the green Fangs were changed to reward packs that, when opened, will contain the blue Fang belts as shown on the Dragonborn Legend Pack website. Players who had the green Fangs will need to open these reward packs to get their blue Fangs. We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.

Akro - what if we didn't WANT the blue item, and we were content with the Green? Also, it appears that the Green fang from the code turn in was converted as well?

I'd *really* like at least one of those converted back, preferably both.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I liked the green one more too, I cant use the belt istead of an legendary int belt..
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    Also in my Country if a service or Product is not as advertised the person who payed for such item can request demand/guaranteed a refund - even virtual items.

That is true in the United Kingdom, other European Union countries and the United States of America. But PWE is a Chinese company and they have slightly different attitudes.

Support refused point bank to do anything about the Dragonborn pack. I asked for it to be escalated to senior management.

ALL Support replies are anonymous and they refused to tell me with whom I was communicating, but I doubt it was a senior manger.

I am entitled to:

1. a full refund OR
    2. compensation in the amount of 2150 Zen, which would give me the 25% discount I agreed to, as I spent cash equivalent to 8600 Zen.

I am still waiting.

I would have preferred to buy 21,500 Zen for €180.00. Then I could have bought the Dragonborn Legendary Pack for LESS than I paid for it in the pre-release sale, AND the Warlock Booster Pack, AND 100 Preservation Wards and have 9500 Zen left over.

Needless to say, my Zen purchases ceased due to this Dragonborn, Pre-release False Sale debacle, and will not resume until it is sorted out. This is a simple fact, not an ultimatum, threat or unreasonable demand. It is not unreasonable to insist on your consumer rights in the Western democracies.

PWE really should study the fable of killing the goose that laid the Golden Egg.

~
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who is PWE? Do you mean Perfect World, Inc.? (Of course, PWI is a game by PW).

PW only "publishes" Neverwinter and Star Trek and Champions - they are produced by Cryptic Studios, which is a U.S. Company based in the Bay Area of California, therefore only U.S. Laws apply, not European laws or Chinese laws or any other law outside the United States unless you play on the Russian Server, then only Russian Laws will apply.

I am not aware of any Cryptic Studios servers anywhere in the EU. IF there are servers in the EU then you can claim your legal complaint, but good luck with that.

@Akromatic: Thanks for the heads-up. I figured it was just a slip-up and knew it would get corrected once you guys realized there were 'concerns'. :)
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    partial double post