test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soul Pupets everywhere!

xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
just played a match where one warlock had something like 8 permanent puppets out at once. when he stood still they completly surrounded him making him untargetable. GG.
Post edited by xthebluespiritx on

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yeah had a match where one had a few. Not sure why. They also don't seem to be disappearing when the SW dies still.

Very annoying things.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the most ennoying bug in pvp , the puppet don't disapear after he dies then keep gathering after he respawn , so he's running with multiple puppets, and they even resurrect him after i ecxecuted him 2 times ( it's a joke , right ? ) !
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea I just had a match with the same thing happening. I wasn't sure if it was a visual glitch or what. But it seems like as you say, they have a bunch of puppets out. And they are real puppets not just a visual glitch. Gets a little obnoxious with that much target blockage going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    didn't the patch fix the whole puppets not despawning thing?

its in the patch notes...under HR changes...but in the patch notes, haha

fake patch is fake?
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just played a match where one warlock had something like 8 permanent puppets out at once. when he stood still they completly surrounded him making him untargetable. GG.

That sounds COOOOL!
  • vosskvossk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is honestly the worst bug ever and makes pvp a total chore and terrible. I hope it's fixed soon.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol this is hilarious
  • stanelycstanelyc Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    lol this is hilarious

and the more important thing is those pet makes your game client very laggy.

and to rang class, very difficult to aim the target you want, they all surround by those pets.
  • ericterminatorericterminator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i dont know if it's a bug or a exploit, but i got screenshot of the soul puppet in pvp if it's a exploit i want them ban if you kill a warlock the soul puppet dont dies so devs can you look at them please Thanks you
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a bug with knocked out players in PvP. Normally, when you stomp on a knocked out player, they fall flat on the ground, dead. However, since today's patch, stomping on a player still keeps them on their arms and knees instead of lying dead on the ground. Combine this with the feat that lets soul puppets lifesteal, and the warlock keeps getting revived by the heals. I run a Damnation warlock and I can't control if my soul puppets multiply like crazy when I go down.

Also, from the warlock's perspective, the soul puppets prevent him from targeting the enemy if they're in the way. I keep getting "Soul Puppet is not a valid target." whenever I try to target the enemy player my puppet is attacking. I have to reposition myself, sometimes in an awkward position that sacrifices my range advantage, just to be able to target the enemy. It's annoying not just for you, but for us Warlock players as well.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • ladis1ausladis1aus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can confirm this exists, tried to get a screen shot but I was busy trying to win the match (avoiding the hell out of the SW). I hope it gets fixed soon, I lose enough matches as it is already.
    edited August 2014
    "Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets now correctly despawn when their summoner is killed."

well, they don't...and on top of that, they keep spawning and spawning and spawning...

and if that's not bad enough, whenever the soul puppet takes damage, the owner gets rezzed ON THE SPOT, with 1 hp...(you can see this in the video around 10 seconds)

how does something like that even get past you guys? i feel like you have someone internally sabotaging your game...hire me, i'll test your pvp portion free of charge

anyway....this is something that should be looked at or fixed, ASAP (it causes performance issues and you get hit by EVERY puppet WITH combat advantage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAvbSTNWtk

le sigh....
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They don't despawn in PvE either. Whenever you leave a zone, your soul puppet remains there.

http://i.imgur.com/GT643v2.jpg
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I don't konw if it's more a doubt than a bug report.

Latelly I saw a bunch of Soul Pupets stucked at the travel gates in everywhere I went to quest. For example, I counted 15 in Icewind Pass and 25 in Whispering Caverns. They just still there floating at the travel gates after it's oner gone away.

So, does it cause some lag issues for server side or local game client? I mean they stay there just eating processing performance, right?
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I reported this in-game and on another thread. Yes, it definitely creates lag for me.
  • warlord187warlord187 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's making it impossible for the level 50 range melee classes in PvP. not only does intense frame rate issues begin to ruin my chances at getting a lock on the Warlock, but it essentially allows one warlock to hold a node throughout a match with little or no assistance. It is really of utmost importance to fix whatever exploit is allowing multiple puppets to spawn. It has made PvP absolutely dreadful.
  • kornbobjkornbobj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've seen this - http://imgur.com/CqI9hQj

Solid 60 FPS dropped to 10.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In Domination, Warlocks spawning 10+ puppets all over the map, the Warlock literally stands inside them un-attackable as you need to kill 12 Soul puppets with who knows how much HP and massive DR before you can even target her?

Please help us out, this is crazy! Imagine 3-4 Warlock on a team your talking about the potential of 30-40 Puppets all over them map...

2014_08_24_00002555.jpg

Every Zone I go to is a stack of puppets their? I think Soul puppets should be changed to bonus damage, or some Warlock buff because this companion is not working... just lagging the graphics up more! maybe make the Soul Puppet a spell that launches at the target and then is dispersed? That way you get the awesome animation of the Soul puppet but its like a necrotic spell that disappears on contact.

2014_08_23_00002.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They have 25,000 HP and 80% DR as a little heads up.
    edited August 2014
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if all thoose soul puppets across every instance and map can crash the servers....
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those soul puppet clones cause serious visibility issue and lag. We can't pvp when they are there.
  • grandaelusgrandaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Earlier I responded on the crashing topic.
    This is definitely part of or just a leak in the game.
    The soul puppets are too much for the game to handle.

My recommendation: fix the problem!
    Reason for recommendation: I started playing this game because the last game closed down. Reason for this was no control over bugs and leaks in the game. Reason for no control was more focus on events and updates than the problems at hand.
    Second and lighter reason for recommendation: this already did and will keep losing players if the crashing and leaks stay.

p.s. related response from me:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?729081-game-crashing-on-cryptic-loading-screen-on-start/page17
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are also puppets left at campfires in pve, no idea how they occur there, but I've bumped into 5-6 gatherings of those, especially in summer feast area and Neverdeath Graveyard.
  • fungchaofungchao Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    On the upside, killing those SWs does help with farming double and triple kills.
    Somehow got ~10 double kills by killing a SW once
    Shiva TR PVE
    Butters TR PVP
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    fungchao wrote: »
    On the upside, killing those SWs does help with farming double and triple kills.
    Somehow got ~10 double kills by killing a SW once

Maybe all those soul puppets are no bug. They are there to help DCs get their double and triple kills ;)
  • grandaelusgrandaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4Ghz
    2x2 1GB DDR2 Corsair Dual-Channel kit (4GB & CAS latency 4(normally 5))
    Geforce GTX 650 Superclocked 2GB DDR5 GPU@1.2Ghz, Memory@5Ghz
    Samsung SSD 840EVO @SATA2

Normal FPS in game: 45-50 @high quality graphics

Yet, every puppet seems to manage to take 10-15FPS away.
    A sane person can not call that normal...
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://gyazo.com/d6273eb715b30d9c42043df5e7bf4636

Don't know how, but he can summon as many as he can, then just 1 hit everyone, they also revive him making him immortal if no one stomps him
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • stanelycstanelyc Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When can we have this huge bug fixed???

Cause this, I start to hate any SW in the game.
  • danh272danh272 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really, it impossible to PVP like this every SW have 10 puppets, how i am supposed to aim the SW exactly when he surrounded by 10 other puppets!@#?!@#?!@?

also how is it possible that the puppet is stronger then the SW himself usaly....
    i mean that stupid as hell.. this is just trolling...

also the puppet keep resurrect the SW on PVP - should not be happening... (he get with 1hp and u kill him again... )
This discussion has been closed.