test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Uncommitted changes" message popping from character sheet

Comments

• baymeddobaymeddo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since Update 3 we've been plagued by the constant problem of getting a popup dialog box complaining "You've got uncommitted changes. If you leave this window now, none of your points will actually be spent." any time we go to the character screen, or any of the tabs on that same window. Usually you can get rid of it by viewing your points distribution history, but today it just continued over and over no matter what I did. I finally had to kill the game using the Windows Task Manager.

This is ridiculous. How could any bug that interferes with the players actual interaction with the game be left to languish for months like this? I know it's not just me because every one of my friends encounters it, and if you ask in Zone, lots of people also encounter it.

Even if the individual user manages to fix it briefly, it comes back the next time they log out and back in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20071&stc=1&d=1408662015
  • jubeibehelitjubeibehelit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    volchitsa wrote: »
    First, chill.
    Second, this isn't something which is uncommon, I haven't seen anything explaining a permanent fix, but if you go to your character page (usually by pressing "c") and going to the stat page (it may be inspect stats) where it shows your change history to strength, dex, etc.

third, in the future, please try to use the search function or look through the forum before posting, it makes it easier on everyone.

Lastly, the forum isn't a machine, so addressing your report with "Dear bug forum" isn't the way to get help. Saying something like "Friends, Romans, and Countrymen, lend me your ears!" is a much better way to get positive attention.

Thats awesome thanks for the heads up.

More serious note...None of the "work arounds work for me" Mod 4 respec for my only lvl 60 toon as I am new to the gameworld is broken. I cannot respec my feats and have about 25 feat points that I cannot use. Very difficult to play in epics without your epic feats.

I did receive an email and was told it wasn't game breaking and to post bug forum. As this is my first char and only lvl 60 guy I was highly vested in him and I find it very plexing that my character is now broken since the Mod 4 and it doesnt matter.

Very dissapointed new player.
    Be mindful not to complain or spam about the cheaters, explopioters, and spammers. You will get warned and banned. Punish the legit, promote the illegit.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i get this so much too and have reported it
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's certainly annoying, but there are more annoying younger bugs.
    But I would not recommend to hold your breath until this is fixed.

Bug is around now for 3 months.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?666971-quot-Uncommitted-changes-quot-message-popping-from-character-sheet

But given the way the "some items have no popup in the chat window" has been fixed, I wonder what might result in fixing the once a day popup of "You have uncommitted changes".
    I think we are better off with this bug than other bugs that might be introduced due to fixing this one.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • elmarcoelmarco Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    same problem for me. Please fix this!
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too get this randomly on every character of mine. A workaround for now is to open the attributes assignment window and press ok. That solves it temporarily.
  • dawolfmanzdawolfmanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wait the 15 seconds before changing characters. I've found this to stop the bug.
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kornbobj wrote: »
    Same problem a few times, although today it forced me to alt+F4 and restart client. Though now my Launcher cant connect to patch server, gameclient.exe hangs when i try to run the game that way, so cant get into game at all atm :/

Same happened to me around the same time as you. Now cannot get launcher up - although it came up once - but wouldn't connect.
  • faeyakimfaeyakim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My husband and I have had the exact same problem, both with the Warlock class.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Disregard this post, made redundant and context-free by consolidation efforts.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    For the older bug:
    When this warning pops up, all you have to do is press P (by default: open the Skills Page), then click OK when it asks you, then it will stop for that session once you're viewing your Skills page.

Also, if one switches characters, wait at least 15 seconds before logging into the new character while at the character select screen. This has been reported to keep it from occurring.

It's a known bug. Just do as I said when it pops up. If it doesn't go away and keeps coming back immediately, making one unable to cancel it or view the skills page, see below:

For the newer bug that DOESN'T go away:
    Please post in the following thread instead:
    Uncommitted Changes & Pet Binding/Ranking (Spin-Off Report)
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    I need some more info from the people who are getting this "uncommitted changes" dialog (in either form).

Have you respec'd your character - from a race reroll or a forced respec (on the classes updated recently) or even buying a full respec or a just-the-feats respec?

Did you buy any Feats, Boons, Powers or Ability Scores during this session (from starting the program to closing the program) on any characters?

What race are these characters? Any chance they're all the same race?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    miasmat wrote: »
    I need some more info from the people who are getting this "uncommitted changes" dialog (in either form).

Have you respec'd your character - from a race reroll or a forced respec (on the classes updated recently) or even buying a full respec or a just-the-feats respec?

Did you buy any Feats, Boons, Powers or Ability Scores during this session (from starting the program to closing the program) on any characters?

What race are these characters? Any chance they're all the same race?
    It's happened to every one of my 25+ characters (see signature), which are all walks of life. I have multiples of each class and race. Some have been respeced, some have not. Only one has had a race change and none have had an appearance change. No, it's always happened after opening up any tab (save for skills/feats) in the Character Windows. And no, its not from placing skill/feat/ability points.
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't recall ever seeing this on the CW i rolled soon after the game launched, but i keep getting it on the SW i rolled recently.

And today it hit critical. While doing the fortress instance in mount hotenow i wanted to check some numbers on a power i didn't have slotted. So i hit P, and was greeted with this message. Except it would not go away. No matter how many times i hit ok or cancel it was still there. And it meant i could not close the character window. Never mind that for some reason some roaming mobs just then decided to aggro me! I ended up hitting alt-F4, furious that i had to start that instance all over again...

Edit: Now that i think about it, i did have something odd happen to my previously mentioned CW when i logged in today. The character icon on the top toolbar was lit up as if i had leveled. And when i hit C the character, history, powers and feats tabs were all blinking. But when i hit either of them, they all stopped blinking.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been getting this recently, both on characters that have leveled up but I have not assigned any Power points or feats, and also on characters which do not have any power points or feats to spend when I check the Companion screen to send them for training.

I also get an awful lot of server redirect errors when changing characters.

~
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so solution is just use the workaround?

are devs trying to fix this permanently?
    edited August 2014
    Devs are definitely working on it. (Saw it acknowledged somewhere..)

Anyway- Posting this just in case it helps someone.

I again got the version where I could not get the pop up to clear. But- by alternately clicking 'ok' and pressing P for powers VERY rapidly, I did get it to go to the Powers tab. Then it reverted to the original form of the bug, and I was able to click ok and go to the Feats tab, and then it cleared.

The one that forces you to end task seems to happen when you go to the companions tab. If you click OK with the mouse and press P fast enough it will take you to Powers, then just click Feats tab and ok again, and it will clear it, until next time.

May not work for everyone, but it works for me. Good luck.

UPDATE- This exactly just happened again (issue and workaround as described in this post.) So it is consistent.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This has been happening to me frequently lately, and runs the spectrum of older characters as well as brand new ones (I have two lvl 60 SW's, and it happens to both of them as well as my older toons.) Occasionally, I can finesse my way out if I keep hitting ESC and either OK or Cancel on the popup, but quite often it effectively locks up my client, requiring me to ALT-TAB and manually drop the client. I sincerely hope this is on the "sooner-rather-than-later" bug fix list.
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes, my keyboard gets locked out with this bug and stops responding. So I cannot get out at all without using CTRL-ALT-DEL to use Task Manager.

~
  • thanekrios22thanekrios22 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thats awesome thanks for the heads up.

More serious note...None of the "work arounds work for me" Mod 4 respec for my only lvl 60 toon as I am new to the gameworld is broken. I cannot respec my feats and have about 25 feat points that I cannot use. Very difficult to play in epics without your epic feats.

I did receive an email and was told it wasn't game breaking and to post bug forum. As this is my first char and only lvl 60 guy I was highly vested in him and I find it very plexing that my character is now broken since the Mod 4 and it doesnt matter.

Very dissapointed new player.

Same here. I am getting quite desperate. I tried reporting it in game and writing a ticket to the support, they couldn't help me there. I am running out of options and I think this issue and the repeating uncommited change issue are somehow connected. I've invested like 90 hours to this character and I do not want to restart it. But missing 26 feat points, 11 power points, 60 abilities bonus and all boons just makes it almost unplayable in dungeons and pvp.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if this is what the patch notes are talking about, but it seems to be.
    Fixed several logical checks that pop up confirmation windows that could cause them to get into a weird state that could keep them popping up when they should not be.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited August 2014
    Just encountered a new issue that I've never run across with the uncommitted changes problem.
    I got perma-locked into this window.
    Every time I clicked anything, escape, okay, cancel, the window would immediately pop back up.
    I had to force close to entire game to get rid of it.
    This is becoming a serious nuisance, when I have to close the entire game to stop it.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Not sure if this is what the patch notes are talking about, but it seems to be.

Since today's patch, has anyone been able to reproduce this issue where the confirm box keeps popping up?
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Since today's patch, has anyone been able to reproduce this issue where the confirm box keeps popping up?

I had it pop up once (not sure why...I don't have any unspent points anywhere), but at least it didn't lock up on me this time. Baby steps, I guess. :p
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah, it's still happening.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup, happened to me yesterday.
  • blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Whenever I get this message, I open up the window to edit my stats (str, wis, con etc) and click save. I never have any changes that need saved, but it makes the popup message go away.
    edited September 2014
    Still getting it, but it seems less frequent.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Each time this happens I hit cancel and click on my attributes history window, after that it won't pop up on that character again until I change characters or log off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Clicking the feats tab does the same for me. No other window will clear it, but I never tried the attributes button.
This discussion has been closed.