test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any good foundries ?

crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in The Foundry
I do pvp all day and I don't like dungeons so I want to start doing foundries again but I always find they are bugged or just the same thing over and over with no reward.

Is there any fun good fighting foundries out there ? I don't mind not getting anything good at the end as long as its fun :)

Thanks in advance
Crixus - PVP GF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crixus8000 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's been a long time since I ran it. But a few months ago the arena of calimport set to five person mode while solo was fun.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tired of being the hero is one of my favorites. So much flavor in that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My own!!!

Amazon Battle - Queens Temple

It is just fighting against AMazon Women and is not sexist
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • mcdoggehmcdoggeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Whispers from the Void is one I enjoy playing through.

NX-DUISZ4OXA

Takes a bit longer to get through the dialogue and lore, but its fun to run through.
  • guyaskingstuffguyaskingstuff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "the same thing over and over"... you mean like pvp you play all day long? Or the same thing every day end game quests, or dungeons, that you don't?

Foundries are the most "different every day" things i've played in this game. Not even sure how you asked this question here. I've done maybe 10 foundries and every single one was different. Maybe you have the most horrible luck in the world and just picked the worst possible.

Foundries are way more different than the "walk to X, pick up Y or beat it up, return to X" neverwinter keeps making us do. Even the event quests in neverwinter can be that lame. And that is HORRIBLE for a game to be pumping out. I'm not even sure why neverwinter doesn't get permission to use some of the foundries in events if all they have time to produce is "pick up a satchel at X and bring it back to me" ...about the most pathetic event quests i've ever seen.

worse than ANY foundry i'm sure.

never had a bugged one either. Just pick a random foundry and yer good... yer horrible luck in choosing can't last forever.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I ran it. But a few months ago the arena of calimport set to five person mode while solo was fun.

w00t! Thanks! "City Skirmish" also scales pretty hard and "Old Magic" set to Elite will allow you to bash a never-ending stream of Ogres and Eye of Gruumsh mobs.
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Eldarth's quests are good.

You can also work your way back through the featured foundries. Those should probably take you a while and should all function properly.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    "the same thing over and over"... you mean like pvp you play all day long? Or the same thing every day end game quests, or dungeons, that you don't?

Foundries are the most "different every day" things i've played in this game. Not even sure how you asked this question here. I've done maybe 10 foundries and every single one was different. Maybe you have the most horrible luck in the world and just picked the worst possible.

Foundries are way more different than the "walk to X, pick up Y or beat it up, return to X" neverwinter keeps making us do. Even the event quests in neverwinter can be that lame. And that is HORRIBLE for a game to be pumping out. I'm not even sure why neverwinter doesn't get permission to use some of the foundries in events if all they have time to produce is "pick up a satchel at X and bring it back to me" ...about the most pathetic event quests i've ever seen.

worse than ANY foundry i'm sure.

never had a bugged one either. Just pick a random foundry and yer good... yer horrible luck in choosing can't last forever.

Different because they have different looks and slight changes ? most foundries are just continuous fighting of large groups of mods, i find it very boring i just want to find some unique ones thats why i asked because i dont have much else to do right now.

And thanks for the answers everyone :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The ones that got me really immersed and enjoyed playing were.

Bone Idol (i think its called)
    Final prophecy (series)
    Whispers from the Void
    Revenge of the Fallen.

Theres quite alot that i enjoyed but i cant remember off the top of my head. Your best bet is to go through the featured ones, some of them aren't too great, so be wary.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . If you like Lore, Story, and Mystra/Lolth mixed in with solo-friendly combat, then you may enjoy the first half of my Campaign, which has been in the making since Alpha.

. . . I only have 4 out of 8 planned quests done in the storyline, as I keep running into issues telling the story how I want, mostly due to not being able to easily make branching objectives - as I want to incorporate good, neutral and evil choices more often and have varying consequences for choices made. I've scrapped and remade Act V three times now due getting frustrated at this. A couple do see a few small good/evil choices though, but nothing mission-altering.

. . . They all have thousands of plays and hundreds of reviews each. I read all reviews and I keep them updated, fixing any reported bugs or issues. Some reviews even shape updates to my mission's storylines and such. So far, they should all be in working order. I just fixed Act IV, as it had a bad respawn point. Hopefully that is finally fixed (it kept resurfacing).

. . . I also echo the sentiment to try out Eldarth's foundry missions.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone for your replies, i cant wait to try all of these ^^
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you want a quest that's lots of combat, try "Karrilos Hills: Orc Raiders". It's designed for small groups, or powerful and well-equipped characters.
    Most featured quests are excellent. If you really want good quests, though, stay away from the Best tab. Instead, look for quests that have between around 60-200 reviews that are mostly 5 stars. It will either be an exploit quest (avoid and report, please), or it will be one that has really impressed the people who played it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I guess you're more interested in combat than I am, so our tastes wouldn't overlap much and I won't recommend the extremely story-heavy quests I lean towards.

But one called A Cold, Dark Place is so good that I'll suggest it anyway. I don't think the author has tried to promote this quest much since Winter Festival so I believe it's a bit of a hidden gem.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can try this one as well :)

Fables II
    NW-DTAAW45Z1
  • taciogtaciog Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    NW-DSCG7IJAS

try to fight this al lot!
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Give mine a try if you want.

I've stopped making foundries for some time due to work but I don't really want my past effort to go down the drain either.

My second quest should be better than the first since the first was my first attempt at foundry.
  • arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Try mine "Adventurer in Wonderland Part 1" It doesn't count as foundry yet but I could say its above average in quality. Very humorous :3
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is my first foundry. I've had all great comments. Submitted for contest, but no faith in actually getting a prize.

Arselu'Tel'Quess

NW-DDQ6P4IKQ

3 custom maps. 2 custom castles. Took forever and a day to design, and I plan to expand it into a campaign.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some I can suggest:

A Simple Request @ OoKeNnEThOo (NW-DIC2E7M92)
    Temple of Elements: Water @ Tumbuk7 [NW-DP20WEP96]
    Rescue in the Silver Marches @doctorbadger [NW-DTSKK80J9]
    Back to the Past @ OoKennethoO [NW-DIP7QSSUT]
    Crimson Descent @ mymecoleon (NW-DRWNLMGYV)

Also any by Eldarth and orangefire.

That should keep you going for a bit. :)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • victrollavictrolla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Date With Destiny", a Foundry entry for Cult of Dragon, is very challenging. Just about every thing that has tried to kill you while you leveled up during the game will try again ... massive attacks ... surprise swarm attacks. They come literally out of nowhere, sometimes. The most challenging Foundry I ever attempted. I got almost to the end ... with a glance over my shoulder as I died (no more first aid kits left) and saw what was awaiting my return ... the biggest. Unbelievable how fast the action is, at times. NW-DHYEX5NKR "A Date With Destiny" is a lengthy, challenging, and surprising Foundry.