test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New GWF Features

arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I don't know what it is with the devs and the GWF class, just doesn't make sense. So they are fixing roar on the gwf after months of complaints.

So basically what they are doing now is to extend the stun duration on surge and knock down to 3 seconds. This is even worst than then roar. So when you join pvp you are going to run into battle and get knock down for 3 seconds (In PVP this is a very long time) then surge you again for 3 seconds. By the time this has happened you will properly be dead, either by the GWF himself of by the other members of his team.

That being said is just 1 GWF, now imagine if there are 2 in a group, is going to be ridiculous. So they didn't fix the roar bug, they works its duration into the other encounters.

A lot of people are already not playing PVP as it at the moment with lots of factors worked into it. Adding this is just going to worsen the it.

I haven't done any PVP in a long while with everything being as whack as it is, i thought if I waited it out things might improve, and its not.

I'll keep to the PVE side of the game, just sad things has gotten to this point.
Post edited by arcanaxe on

Comments

• Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lmao the stun duration is decreased on players bro why ya whining if youre not even trying
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    QQ

in less than two weeks roar get fixed and its not longer a topic.
    stun is a joke for pvp, actually you don't understand it right,

The Stun get a effect of tenacity = more tenacity you have more shorter is the stun duration.
    so they remove all prones and added Stuns what absolutely useless is,
    Whit M4 is coming the end of GWF
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    I don't know what it is with the devs and the GWF class, just doesn't make sense. So they are fixing roar on the gwf after months of complaints.

So basically what they are doing now is to extend the stun duration on surge and knock down to 3 seconds. This is even worst than then roar. So when you join pvp you are going to run into battle and get knock down for 3 seconds (In PVP this is a very long time) then surge you again for 3 seconds. By the time this has happened you will properly be dead, either by the GWF himself of by the other members of his team.

That being said is just 1 GWF, now imagine if there are 2 in a group, is going to be ridiculous. So they didn't fix the roar bug, they works its duration into the other encounters.

A lot of people are already not playing PVP as it at the moment with lots of factors worked into it. Adding this is just going to worsen the it.

I haven't done any PVP in a long while with everything being as whack as it is, i thought if I waited it out things might improve, and its not.

I'll keep to the PVE side of the game, just sad things has gotten to this point.

when pugs have no idea what they re talking about.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gosh I hate PvP, especially the negative impact it has had upon PvE, especially the TR class' damage (which used to be good).

This thread simply reinforces my hatred . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Gosh I hate PvP, especially the negative impact it has had upon PvE, especially the TR class' damage (which used to be good).

This thread simply reinforces my hatred . . .
    PvP makes good people bad too :) I understand why some guys keep distance from it...
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014

No need to panic. Two things you need to know:

1. They are changing all GWF prones into Stuns, so you won't be knocked down at all any more.
    2. Stuns are subject to CC resist, including Tenacity. So a 3s base duration stun will likely be a lot less on most PvPers.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No need to panic. Two things you need to know:

1. They are changing all GWF prones into Stuns, so you won't be knocked down at all any more.
    2. Stuns are subject to CC resist, including Tenacity. So a 3s base duration stun will likely be a lot less on most PvPers.

3. All GWFs can pull Flash on you now.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Instead of 2 sec prone GWF has 4.5 sec stun now. Its worse against TR / GWF but better against other classes.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    3. All GWFs can pull Flash on you now.

Eh? Force you to install a dreadful browswer plugin?
  • Options
    fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

LOL , Do you even know anything that your talking about? honestly?

You have no clue im sorry,

there is no more prones.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Eh? Force you to install a dreadful browswer plugin?

I mean this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlVJGfjNbnAoX-UBBiIKHgZf_B_nKBfh4uZ0ujxc0aQQZ7wlXGUH4sf04:)
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I mean this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlVJGfjNbnAoX-UBBiIKHgZf_B_nKBfh4uZ0ujxc0aQQZ7wlXGUH4sf04:)

Lol yeah i have seen them do it xD

a good gwf is very annoying now, they move around like crazy and there stuns are just insane if your a class with no cc resist.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Other benefit (or hindrance, depending on who you are in PVP) of no prones is that Deflect does not work while prone. One of the reasons those IBS's hit so hard is because most of the time you're on the ground. That plus a critical makes for some nasty damage.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now they have mark that was stolen from the GF....
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Other benefit (or hindrance, depending on who you are in PVP) of no prones is that Deflect does not work while prone. One of the reasons those IBS's hit so hard is because most of the time you're on the ground. That plus a critical makes for some nasty damage.
    I thought so but you know, I recently seen myself deflecting damage from GF while being proned (broken arrow).

I feel you. At first it was Iron Vanguard paragon, granting them easy to land swiping AoE, now mark...increasing their damage output against a single target.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Great Guardian Fighter.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Learn to dodge wtf ... All dodges are more responsive, and the GWF stuns deal no damages. You really want to bury the GWF.

If devs would listen you, it would be that :
    - a nerfed sprint
    - a nerfed unstoppable
    - 1 sec stun
    - nerfed damages.

But unstoppable, prones and damages are already nerfed. And you still want more ! You just want to stomp all people with your class that's it.
  • Options
    edyitedyit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Learn to dodge wtf ... All dodges are more responsive, and the GWF stuns deal no damages. You really want to bury the GWF.

- a nerfed sprint
    - a nerfed unstoppable
    - 1 sec stun
    - nerfed damages.

But unstoppable, prones and damages are already nerfed. And you still want more ! You just want to stomp all people with your class that's it.

I don't want to stomp anyone with my class. I hate pvp it is terrible. What i want is for the dev's to stop nerfing my pve experience to "balance" the game for you pvpers. because as diplayed here, when one thing gets fixed you guys find something else that is "OP" to complain about.

Best FIX idea for pvp: all characters have the same powers and skills and enchants in the arena, only player skill would matter then.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »

- a nerfed sprint
    - a nerfed unstoppable
    - 1 sec stun
    - nerfed damages.

The only thing I don't like now is their CC immunity during sprint. New overload shimmering enchantment + p.negation + sentinel build + that new sprint = immortal GWF, literally.
    I don't mind damage buff for their feats/encounters at all though.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The only thing I don't like now is their CC immunity during sprint. New overload shimmering enchantment + p.negation + sentinel build + that new sprint = immortal GWF, literally.

the cap on DR is 80% tho, unstoppable sentinel is already hitting on that mark, yet they die :o so its an issue of l2p if people still get owned by gwfs in mod4
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

lets just hope they nerf shimmering enchantment b4 it goes live, right now it seems to be really OP.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, I forgot holy avenger...

I think I will try this out one day when I get totally mad with game class imbalance.
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. Just swing and hope and hit everything on node ... not a problem.
    2. Sprint like crazy ... not a problem.
    3. High defense ... not a problem.
    4. Roar spam ... not a problem.
    5. Prone and one shot squishys ... not a problem.

But pullllleaaaaaaze nerf the Chicken Run ... you know when they finally take damage after getting multi pounded and then are able to sprint faster than any mount to a healing station like a scared wabbbit? Let them die like anyone else ... NERF the Chicken Run!!!!!
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »
    1. Just swing and hope and hit everything on node ... not a problem.
    2. Sprint like crazy ... not a problem.
    3. High defense ... not a problem.
    4. Roar spam ... not a problem.
    5. Prone and one shot squishys ... not a problem.

But pullllleaaaaaaze nerf the Chicken Run ... you know when they finally take damage after getting multi pounded and then are able to sprint faster than any mount to a healing station like a scared wabbbit? Let them die like anyone else ... NERF the Chicken Run!!!!!

Nope they are buffing the chicken run.

Now when a GWF sprints they will be immune to all CCs.

so pretty much when ever they want to be.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2014
    also this

Sprint: Sprint now grants 30% more damage resistance while active and makes you Immune to CC while sprinting.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gaara-vs-rock-lee-o.gif
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So many clueless crybabies here. GWF will be the worst class for pvp, then comes the TR. HR will be even more donky OP, GF will be insane too, heard a GF dealt over 100K with debuffs to a GWF with one encounter. And CWs will deal tons of dmg and repell u across the entire map. But pls keep on nerfing and crying about the super OP GWF that can outrun the Flash.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So many clueless crybabies here. GWF will be the worst class for pvp, then comes the TR. HR will be even more donky OP, GF will be insane too, heard a GF dealt over 100K with debuffs to a GWF with one encounter. And CWs will deal tons of dmg and repell u across the entire map. But pls keep on nerfing and crying about the super OP GWF that can outrun the Flash.

I heard about the greater than 100k hit on a GWF as well, and the GWF only took 7k damage and was not sprinting or in unstopable. I do agree that they have the game all screwed up, though (well I think that your was your point).
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I heard about the greater than 100k hit on a GWF as well, and the GWF only took 7k damage and was not sprinting or in unstopable. I do agree that they have the game all screwed up, though (well I think that your was your point).

legend has it that an gwf mitigated 100k. not documented (saw a video that shows otherwise... maybe sentinel, i dont know).

but the fact is:

who caused 100k damage?

gf. (if THIS does not concern you, what's the point?)

to where his, the cw can ignore the resistance of gwf. for cw then it will not be problem. I heard something about it on the ranger also.

then we know that in a fight between gwf and hr / cw, the defensive ability of gwf not be a problem. and the fighters fight is "epic and beatiful monsters battle ."

then what's the point?

again: i dont care for pvp. and now after start this "power x is more or less effective against players", then only very bad faith you have a class being harmed because of pvp, but ... this gwf hate has already become absurd.