test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My sales are still rocking but I haven't been selling the mats because I saw that I could make much more just farming and selling the grommets. I have to say that with the exception of the 4M+ AD I made off the event, the execution of the event was horrid.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My sales are still rocking but I haven't been selling the mats because I saw that I could make much more just farming and selling the grommets. I have to say that with the exception of the 4M+ AD I made off the event, the execution of the event was horrid.

What did you sell to make 4 million ad? just grommets?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome, finally managed to get myself a Doohickey. Ended up spending around 1.5 million Astral Diamonds in doing so, but I did it.

The contents of the Creations of Wonder Pack? A Professions Special Pack, a rank 5 Wondrous Gizmo, and a Mark of Potency...

Why I thought it would have a mount, I have no idea. Perhaps one last chance at having a positive outlook.

I can't anymore... I just... I just can't.

I spent about 600-700k AD to upgrade that to epic and bought the Creation of Wonder pack. I knew it's a scam, I didn't want another reason to hate this game, but I bought it, I don't regret the money, but still.... A Profession Special Pack (green alchemist), a rank 5 Wondrous Gizmo and Black Opal.

I think it's gone too far. CTA events are just frustration and disappointment, but this one is a pure scam.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited August 2014
    Nah. A mix of grommets, crafting mats, and blueprints.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    Anybody know roughly the chance to get a mount from the Creation of Wonder pack? When the tooltip says "high chance", does it mean >1%, >10%, >40% ... ?
    edited August 2014
    The general consensus we got was that "high" was about 2-3% chance.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014

4M AD are ~10k Grommets. Given a 30 sec ICD it would take an individual 83 hours to farm those. The event is running since 72 hours. It's not possible.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    Anybody know roughly the chance to get a mount from the Creation of Wonder pack? When the tooltip says "high chance", does it mean >1%, >10%, >40% ... ?

I just got one from opening 7 bags of wonder on the preview shard so it seems to be reasonable , I've heard others say they got one from around 5 or 6 so it's definitely a decent chance , the only problem is if you don't get the mount the booby prizes are quite lame , I got a bunch of profession packs.

EDIT - Also Thank god they changed the refinement upgrade needs for the event items from the version over on preview ,on preview you need the item to upgrade and another of the same item as the reagent .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The general consensus we got was that "high" was about 2-3% chance.

It's more.

Are you telling me the Mount sells for 3.4M and the package that drops it at 2-3% at 1.5M ?
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "High chance" does seem to be relatively high, actually. A guildie got 3 or 4 out of 7 tries on test, and I got 1 out of 2 tries on live.

Small sample size, I know, but for that many to show up seems to indicate a pretty good chance.
    edited August 2014
    Well that's A LOT better than the reports we were getting.
  • theace69theace69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    not much point in trading in the doohickey i have had 3 , kept one , the other 2 traded in and alchemy professions pack, and a mark of potency was the result and second time leadership pack and a sapphire . if the drop rate is a high chance id hate so see what you classify as a low drop rate. its worth far more trading one in for astral diamonds on the exchange 1.4 mil.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would say the drop chance for a mount is easily 10x better than a mount in the lockbox. That said it is better to sell the doohicky and buy the mount then try to RNG it. There is no way Cryptic would make the drop chance 50% or higher, it would break the tier 3 mounts pricing across the board.

Now it might have been better idea to give lower mounts as a prize. IE you can get either a green,blue, purple version with the higher level ones have a smaller chance to drop.

The event isn't horrible. A good combo of farming and buying blueprints off AH and most people could obtain one. Also nice to see they are bringing in professions again. Would be great if next time their were higher level rewards for lvl 20 tasks. Benefits those that level professions.
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2x Doohickeys traded for green Tailor, Flawless Sapphire, 10x Pres. Ward, and a Greater Power Stone (BoP). I wanted the App of Gond but I'm keeping my 3rd Doohickey. The Forgehammer of Gond used to sell on the AH for about 20 million but I haven't heard of anyone getting that yet, it's probably the unofficial grand prize unless it's BoP.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »
    2x Doohickeys traded for green Tailor, Flawless Sapphire, 10x Pres. Ward, and a Greater Power Stone (BoP). I wanted the App of Gond but I'm keeping my 3rd Doohickey. The Forgehammer of Gond used to sell on the AH for about 20 million but I haven't heard of anyone getting that yet, it's probably the unofficial grand prize unless it's BoP.

I think you could've sold 2x doohickeys in the auction house and bought the mount yourself
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally I think the Gond Event is a fail. What happened to the events that everyone could participate in for the few days it was up and possibly end up with all or most of the nifty things it might have offered? Right now all the events seem to be geared towards either making people AD richer, making newish players AD poorer or just money grabs for the zen market.

SO far the best event seems to be the protectors speech, if you ran it enough you could at least get what you didn't get from chest and it varied a bit from one time to the next. Another favorite was the Respins game which was fun and neat ... although did get kinda old after a few hours.

This event is more of a zen shop thing than game event ... the drops for "high chance" seem to not really be high by most definitions its probably just higher than the lock box drop rate which from what I hear isn't very good at all.

So why is there such a desire to not let players that dedicate a good amount of time to get things? 30+ hours of grinding to get enough grommets to make a doohickey (if you did not do the cash shop version or spend YOUR AD to line the pockets of another on the AH, which by the way if your goal is to curtail making people rich in AD on AH you should have made blueprints BoP and put zen on sale so people would buy it and sell it).

I think the concept of the Gond event is good. I agree with some players that have talked about it needing higher rewards for Rank 20 professions ... that would have been very nice as well.

So far all this did is make people who have a bunch of low end mats rich (or some of the existing whales out there even richer) by allowing them to inflate the price of mats.

I have given up on making a doohickey, after three days of playing i've only gotten enough to make 2 gizmos which I will probably trade for mechanical alters since they sound kinda neat.

I think it is morally and ethically wrong for a company to base a games results and rewards on the idea that people should play a game for dozens of hours (effectively needing people to play this game more than 40 hours in 4 days which is like working full time jobs).

Can you please get realistic with the time needed to invest vs. reward of this game, it is seriously out of whack. Delovpers are getting PAID to work on this game, players are NOT employees and thinking players should be playing a game for 8+ hours a day to get anything worth while is morally and ethically reprehensible not to mention irresponsible.

There are ways to make thing rare and valuable that would earn the game money, you have it in the zen store if you would just utilize its potential properly. People that play a game expect to experience most if not all aspects of the game in a reasonable amount of time ... there is nothing wrong with having a drop rate that would be inline with running a dungeon no more than 5 - 10time to get a specific item ... the secondary effect of a person not getting it is already enhanced by the fact you are in a group of people vying for the same item.

I re-iterate that the drops are too harsh in time reward ... people have lives, some of us even work full time jobs for a living and might spend money on the game if you make the time v. reward more friendly.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I also think one of the points of this event that you did not touch enough on is that it gave a use to all those crafting materials that were completely useless just a week ago. If you merely look at that, I think this was a positive event.

Anyway, I am wondering how much of this event came from Cryptic and how much came from PWE
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not exactly. When you trade a Doohickey and don't get the App of Gond you get a level 5 or 6 device to relevel to a Doohickey (level 7), and try again. I wouldn't have had the time to level 3 times any other way.

Btw, the Doohickey deals 1,119 damage which is quite a bit less than the 3k that was reported unless I'm missing something.
    edited August 2014
    P.S.

Marketing jargon like "good chance" "high chance" "a chance" and the like is little more than scamming propaganda, not dissimilar to a used car salesman pitch, if actually saying what the chance of success is would put your players off then maybe you should consider re-thinking the chance of success.

The game is fun and has tons of potential, but get realistic on what rewards are and their relation to the game. Green companions are nigh worthless, so yeah maybe good for freebie events. But anything paid for probably should be purple ... however one single companion that costs as much as a full game purchase that does nothing for you cept maybe help a tad bit on one single character is NOT a good value.

A good value is your bundled purple companion at HALF the cost you sell it at ... the wild hunt rider was probably the best promo companion i have seen but frankly it was too high so I didn't buy it ... if it was 10 - 15 dollars I probably would have ... if it was given to ALL my characters I ever create I "might" have bought it at 30.

If you want to price the extras in this game, think along these lines ... your base game is free so you want people to buy things that would make up the cost of being free in a way that makes the player think he is getting a good value for his money ... access to MODs probably should be a zen unlock, mounts should be account wide as they are but at half their current price. They do nothing to add to a game but get you from point A to point B slightly faster so there is NO reason they should cost as much as a full retail game. Companions are only marginally helpful again NOT worth the price of a full retail game, at best these are expansion level items and as such should not be priced above 10 dollars.

You already make money off random chance in lock boxes, but if you want more revenue that is steadier then make the pricing schedule in the zen store more universally friendly to players. Why is that such a hard thing to believe. Do your sale event items not back this up? Most of my zen purchases are when a zen sale is going on ... i've bought nearly all my bank space and bag space when a sale was happening which was usually a 30 - 50% reduction in price ... assuming most have done the same doesn't that tell you that your prices are too high?
    edited August 2014
    I also think one of the points of this event that you did not touch enough on is that it gave a use to all those crafting materials that were completely useless just a week ago. If you merely look at that, I think this was a positive event.

Anyway, I am wondering how much of this event came from Cryptic and how much came from PWE

It would have been better had they did a bit more with it ... but the cost on the low end was so high I bet most players couldn't even craft/create enough of the lower resources to do anything. I have all purple tools for all crafting professions but even I don't stock pile the amount of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> needed for this event.

Again I stand by my statement, the idea is good, the implementation is bad. Slightly lower costs of the resources with more use of higher level ones ... perhaps using Rank 6 offers up x, Rank 12 offers up slightly better stuff and those of us with Rank 20 profession would have had some good rewards maybe such as crafting a gizmo making grinding to doohickey more favorable.

But I guess a lot of players are ok with this since obviously we are all still playing. I for one have stopped shooting for the top and will settle for my mechanical altars, this game gets enough of my time, it can't have ALL of it.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's the deal. A vast majority of players don't spend any money on this game. A small percentage spend some, and a large percentage spend a lot. For whatever reason, the math always seems to work out that fewer people spending more money drives the revenue equation.

That's why you see the prices on stuff that you see, because that's the reality. Even lowering prices on a lot of stuff doesn't seem to increase sales as much, simply because a lot of people are resistant to spending money in the first place. Whether a companion is $30 or $10 or $50...the people who are willing (and not just saying they would buy, but actually do buy) to buy aren't as super-sensitive to the price as maybe someone who's reluctant to spend money.

F2P is paid for by the whales, not the masses. If you're not one of those whales, then it's better to focus on all the stuff you get for free, rather than nitpick over the stuff you "have" to pay for, because the reality is you don't have to pay for anything to play the game, experience all the content and have a great time.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since i play i saw one true thing related to Pw, they dont care bout players, they dont even read forums, the only one that is active is that Zebular guy who tells every1 where to make posts and where not to and locks/deletes.
    So although sharing ur thoughs on this forums may be something that some like to do my advice to u guys is stop wasting ur time posting helpful things, they dont care..... So we shouldnt also, lets just trol lthese forums, dunno what we could do more....I honestly tryed to do something positive no succes.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really?
    I'm making a killing selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • mrdensitymrdensity Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been working on getting my gear upgraded to a point where I can try for the mount... operative word is try. Once I hit Tier 5 with it by grinding gears (pun intended, no save... sorry guys), I was sorely disappointed at the points scale required to get it to Tier 6, much less, get it all the way to Tier 7. Virtually impossible to do without going out and spending 110 Zen on 1800 refinement points by getting the Blueprints from the Zen Store.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the math tells me I'd likely spend about $20.00 worth of Zen to get enough maps to get my gear up to speed in time before the contest ends tomorrow at Noon CST. But here's the part that kills me: You don't get the mount, you only have a chance at getting one! Seriously?? I've spent $50/month since the latest lockbox came out with the Tensier's Floating Disc mount just because I want it on my Controll Wizard... and I have yet to even get the companion, much less the mount!

/beginrant
    As for saving up 3-8 million Astral Diamonds to buy one from the few people who have gotten them so far, no. That's not going to happen, either. That's just about as bad as the odds were at getting an Intellect Devourer in the last event... proven by the fact that there were only 22 of them on the Auction House with an only slightly less price tag... for a green level 20 pet.

I love new content, but the chances of getting these things without spending an exuberant amount of money or taking time off from work to sit there and grind through material long enough to get what is needed for a chance at possibly getting something you want, is totally unrealistic. /endrant
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Really?
    I'm making a killing selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH.

You are the minority. But your feedback is appreciated. I also was able to make 2 doohickeys. But I understand and can sympathize with new players and f2p with this event. I guess I care about more than just my own virtual bank account. I will also be giving away the remainder of my grommets and sprokets (although not many, I hope it makes their day) for free to some lucky person later when I log on.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who to give the only doohickey to is the real question... Pity there no ZEN option to make it account wide.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It costs you 9-10 blue prints, or $9.90 to $11 to make a Doohickey by buying the blueprints directly from the Zen shop.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Among all the events so far, I would give it the lowest rating. Prizes seemed neat but they are either too hard to obtain or they aren't permanent - why on earth was the purely fun item like toy apparatus or gond made ONE TIME USE ONLY? why is expendable doohickey hitting for 1/6th of the permanent one's damage? It's like telling the players "Don't bother with low rewards because we invented them as trash, pay for the highest end ones or get lost".
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having finally achieved rank 7 due to saying eff it and buying blueprints, I was rewarded with... a special profession pack and a rank 5. (Rank 5 to 7 is like what 3/4ths of the points?)

Yeah that was worth it. Expensive and/or boring as hell event with expensive but lousy rewards.

I can't think of a Neverwinter event that I would rank lower than this. A lot of them were actually fun, this one is FAIL.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My participation in this event. Bought blueprint from store and made a Doohickey. Kept it.

1100 ZEN is pretty worth it. It costs more to buy a companion to add a small passive benefit to your gameplay, Doohickey does more and you can actively use it while playing.

The TR is the only class I would ever use the Doohickey on though, which is what I did. Doohickey + Blitz = easy mob clearing.
This discussion has been closed.