test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140728a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
This will be the last weekend where the Lair of Lostmauth will be unlocked for testing without the need of the campaign unlock!

Player's Handbook
  • General: Players are now granted 2 seconds of damage immunity when revived by an ally.
  • Control Wizard: Shield: Now diminishes to 25% of maximum effectiveness (down from 50%)
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Frontline Surge: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    • Frontline Surge: This power no longer improperly Prones players.
    • Mark: Marks applied by Great Weapon Fighters are no longer removed upon taking damage.
    • Takedown: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Frontline Surge: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    • Frontline Surge: This power no longer improperly Prones players.
    • Knight's Valor: This power can no longer critically hit and cause the Guardian to take far more damage than was intended.
  • Hunter Ranger: Wilds Medicine: Now has a 1 second ICD.
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Creeping Death: This feat will no longer incorrectly activate on non necrotic sources of damage.
    • Devastating Critical: No longer improperly gives Warlocks 100/200/300% Critical Severity.
    • Falling animation now properly cycles to better simulate falling to your death.
    • Ghastly Commander: No longer improperly gives double its stated bonus.

Campaign Setting
  • Many polish fixes to the Warlock class quests!
  • Changed Rothe valley cult critters to normal level 60s instead of level-adjusting.
  • Fixed Rothe contact not offering the dragon daily for his zone.
  • Grave Swappers: Changed the number of interacts needed for the quest from 6 to 5. There are 10 total in the Graveyard so this means there should always be 5 up.
  • Remnants of the Past has received a pass so it is easier to complete when there are multiple players working on this quest at the same time competing for objectives.
  • Added missing token rewards to Ritual Behavior and Treasure Seekers quests.

Monster Manual
  • Guardian Fighters can now reliably block the stalactites in the new Skirmish and Dungeon.
  • The Drake Rider in Lostmauths Lair will now randomly targets for his charge to engage more players. He and His Drake will now also become Enraged when one of them dies.
  • Lostmauth in Lostmauth's Lair now deals increased damage for most of his powers.

Items and Economy
  • Mystic Dragon and Arcane Dragon keys from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign now with reward lists of what you could get.
  • Scroll of Mass Life: You are no longer limited to the hit points of the player who uses the scroll when you are raised. Each player will be raised with full hit points.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a server crash relating to character creation and Character Reroll.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause projected FX to not draw entirely on the environment in some cases. This will be more reliable now.
  • Resolved several issues relating to multiple sources of lighting conflicting. This manifested as shadows with at least one straight edge on the environment.

User Interface
  • Character Creation: Races that an account has not unlocked will now provide a link to the website. Preview does not allow races that the Live server does at this time so it may incorrectly think you have not purchased any of the other packs that unlock races.
  • Leaderboard page switching is now throttled so too many pages cannot be requested in a row for performance reasons.
  • Resolved some minor UI bugs with the Character Creation and Character Reroll screens.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    This is now on the Preview server for your weekend testing enjoyment!
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Well ... Nothing really changes for classes. SM buffes ? How to profit of Marking ability if we can't have it xD. Many powers of gwf are useless, some are good, admit it.

These changes are for PvP, please guys don't forget PvE ...

2 seconds immunity after revive .. Why not. Good to stop the instantkill.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can you look into the human race rerolling bug? http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717001-Race-Reroll-token It would probably be good to fix that before it gets released to avoid complaints in the forums about it.
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Well ... Nothing really changes for classes. SM buffes ? How to profit of Marking ability if we can't have it xD.

2 seconds immunity after revive .. Why not.

Eh, there are a few times where people get 1 shot the moment they get resurrected. So, it can be annoying.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I´ve seen that HR Artifact Weapons now have a power that increases off-hand damage (good job!). Just wanted to add that as I can´t see that in the patch notes and it was quite an issue for Combat and Trapper HRs.

Hoped for some changes to the Trapper feat tree but nothing there :(

Kudos for the 2 sec immunity time-frame for revived characters. I´ve seen too many times a just-revived character dying in an AoE.:)
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    General: Players are now granted 2 seconds of damage immunity when revived by an ally.

Would love to see something similar for a Soulforge resurrection. I can't count the number of times I've died to a Dwarf Arcanist raining fireballs on my head, had my soulforge pop had and my character start to pick themselves up only to get hammered by another fireball and die for good before I could even do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hmm , perfect elven battle is fixed ? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    hmm , perfect elven battle is fixed ? :)

What do you think the issue is on this? I believe it is currently working as intended.
  • Options
    kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    burning guidance boon needs to be fixed.
    that boon together with a healing SW is causing massive lag spikes from the amount of damage its doing in dungeon runs hope u look into it.
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still can't get the first boon to actually be accepted .
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What do you think the issue is on this? I believe it is currently working as intended.

so you sayin that perfect elven battle worked from the begining?

PS: i've tested it against a GF he used that knee encounter and it works the p elven battle or it doesn't..

ps2: the damage from come and get it and daring shout, doesn't stack with MARK damage boost
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will we ever see overload slots coming to the Draconic armor ? i figured we would as there is Dragon marks that drop from the new dungeon and the new armor you get there don't have the overload slots ? do we actually only get to equip them on the Black ice armor of is this just something planed ?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014

No it doesnt work at all. Greater seems to work tho. Then you upgrade it to perfect and it s like not having an armor enchant.
  • Options
    skary2kskary2k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And can you please fix Tenser's Disk?
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So no fix to the the reroll token appearance change forcing you to take one of the updated appearances?
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Well I spent hours testing and you dont listen to what any of the top CWs has to say, so Im not wasting my time anymore.

what do you mean by top CW?
    you meant the CWs crying because they nerf CWs damage output?

Normally I don't mind having discussion with players regarding the classes, but now it appears all the CWs care about is not to nerf their dps, oh don't nerf CWs dps, oh CWs dps is good where it is, infact we need buff.

I don't know about you, but when I rolled my CW I did it so I can control, that what the class was meant to do, and if you cant accept that then I suggest you stop playing the game, those who enjoy playing their classes for what it is can stay.

I see you kids going around cry saying CW are OP, When I play my CW I don't even have have to try hard and I can preety much dish out 4x more damage than any other classes except if there is another CW there.

now im going to say this, any player that says CWs aren't OP doesn't know how to play the class, when you know how to play a CW you will know that it the most OP class in the game.

I can deal 5x more damage than a GF, TR, and HR and you want to tell me that not OP?

why am I even wasting my time trying to enlightening you?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will we ever see overload slots coming to the Draconic armor ? i figured we would as there is Dragon marks that drop from the new dungeon and the new armor you get there don't have the overload slots ? do we actually only get to equip them on the Black ice armor of is this just something planed ?

Im pretty sure Draconic gear has always had Overload slots.

X8qrNOo.jpg

geeq5 wrote: »

Normally I don't mind having discussion with players regarding the classes, but now it appears all the CWs care about is not to nerf their dps, oh don't nerf CWs dps, oh CWs dps is good where it is, infact we need buff.

I don't know about you, but when I rolled my CW I did it so I can control, that what the class was meant to do, and if you cant accept that then I suggest you stop playing the game, those who enjoy playing their classes for what it is can stay.

I see you kids going around cry saying CW are OP, When I play my CW I don't even have have to try hard and I can preety much dish out 4x more damage than any other classes except if there is another CW there.

now im going to say this, any player that says CWs aren't OP doesn't know how to play the class, when you know how to play a CW you will know that it the most OP class in the game.

I can deal 5x more damage than a GF, TR, and HR and you want to tell me that not OP?

He's talking about top end pvp where CW's are incredibly weak .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    draventakdraventak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is now on the Preview server for your weekend testing enjoyment!

ok so if u have the races bought and it still does not recognize that you do how do you try out the dragonborn? it will not even let me click on Drow and i own the hero pack and dragonborn pack.. both of those still say i need to buy them.. will this be fixed soon or how do we get to try out the new races ?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have three bits of feedback:

My one issue with the current Heroic Encounters is the way they override area quests. Its really annoying, I don't care about some random Heroic Encounter when trying to do a quest path.

The use of "leveling" enemies causes odd issues; if a level 60 goes through an triggers the spawn it seems to result in a lot higher level of adversary/difficulty than if I trigger the sapwn with a level 30-40ish character.

Finally the dragon fights are just plain boring. The dragons just stand their and have their HP knocked out, its the worst type of 4E solo fight imaginable. Seriously dull fights that might as well not happen.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The use of "leveling" enemies causes odd issues; if a level 60 goes through an triggers the spawn it seems to result in a lot higher level of adversary/difficulty than if I trigger the sapwn with a level 30-40ish character.

This isnt really an issue. The spawns don't adjust or change levels depending on who spawns them or is around them. This has been explained by the Devs before. The mobs level stays static. The adjustments instead get placed on all damage applied or received.

This is why in CTA events a level 10 player and a level 60 player can both take damage from the same AoE attack and take similar damage, assuming similar defenses. The attack gets adjusted to each player, according to their level. Rather then having the mob itself scale.
  • Options
    kazuhiro3kazuhiro3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will be fixed some bugs for a class DC? At the moment there is too much to ignore.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Devastating Critical: No longer improperly gives Warlocks 100/200/300% Critical Severity.
    guys what the hell did you do wrong with that feat which was supposed to be 15 % at max ?
    Geez that explains a lot of things why the SW did so much dmg ....

BTW is it only me or is the threathening rush of the GWF bugged?
    It doesnt mark enemies around the one targeted anymore, only the targeted foe is marked.
    While the Threathening rush of the GF works the way it was intended.
    Please have a look into this.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    This isnt really an issue. The spawns don't adjust or change levels depending on who spawns them or is around them. This has been explained by the Devs before. The mobs level stays static. The adjustments instead get placed on all damage applied or received.

Strangely I'm aware of this, however the experience is this; Go to area first and have encounters of similar difficulty to normal for level vs go to area after a 60 and find the encounters noticeably harder.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Well I spent hours testing and you dont listen to what any of the top CWs has to say, so Im not wasting my time anymore.

They dont listen to any player with a gear score over 13k
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    They dont listen to any player with a gear score over 13k

That isn't exactly a bad thing.
    Listening to the 18k GS people ends up with Characters and Classes adjusted to them.
    Example, PvP HRs in T2 Profound Combatant, Legendary Waters, Legendary Skull, 2x Regeneration Rings, AND the 250 Regen Boon, together with every single Defense Slot filled with R8 or better Radiant claiming that 'Medicine isn't needed, I regen enough'.
    Well, not everyone has the massive amounts of HP that Profound and tons of Radiants give, so Regeneration does clock in lower.
    Not everyone has legendary Waters and Stone, so Regeneration itself is lower.
    In fact, if it were going after the desires of PvPers, someone who isn't a superhardcore uberelite PvP Fiend shouldn't even THINK about the Ravenskull, since that would mean having the 'oh so bad' PvE players in.
    Or did you know that someone who initially was seen as a 'Know it all' for HRs and even a guidewriter did suggest 'Move Medicine to Trapper T2 so that everyone has to sacrifice 10 Points, would fix everything'? Yes, put the highly controversial Feat into a Feat line that already provides multisecond roots, bleeds and the likes.
    Even funnier, his buddies, before, claimed that 'Medicine is not needed', and when the 1 Second ICD got announced, they started the 'Feat is dead now' song. I, for my part, welcome every change that makes only the PvPers cry. Because they have harmed this game since day one.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [*]General: Players are now granted 2 seconds of damage immunity when revived by an ally.

Are you sure it's working? I purposely died in lava at Lostmauth, got revived and I didn't notice any immunity. Or is it only for PvP? Or maybe it's too short an immunity to be noticeable.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    geeq5 wrote: »

Comparing a CW damage against a GF, even a conqueror GF...please you have to be kidding me. CW damage against a TR?...it's totally not even worth to mention that, TR's are made for single target damage their aoe damage is pathetic. Now if paingiver would have a subclass where you can see single target damage like for bosses or specific kind of mobs AND if a CW use only single target abilities like a TR, THEN we can say something about it. HR....well they have decent aoe damage not super high but descent, but it's ALMOST same as tr except they can actually do damage to multiple targets (like i said earlier). You could only compare CW against other CW or maybe a GWF, but against those others that are made for something completely different...no I'm sorry but no.

Now don't take me wrong here, I agree with you they need to do this, because they are CONTROL not the exaggeration they are right now. I'm going to miss the really high damage in dungeons, but it had to be done. Now, I believe you were saying all that because of PVE, what I think is, that the guy meant about top CW's is the pvp.
  • Options
    xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    [*]Control Wizard: Shield: Now diminishes to 25% of maximum effectiveness (down from 50%)

I don't understand the Shield nerf. So it was cut in half.

So does this also mean the tabbed shield now absorbs 40% instead of 80% or is it the same?
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Comparing a CW damage against a GF, even a conqueror GF...please you have to be kidding me. CW damage against a TR?...it's totally not even worth to mention that, TR's are made for single target damage their aoe damage is pathetic. Now if paingiver would have a subclass where you can see single target damage like for bosses or specific kind of mobs AND if a CW use only single target abilities like a TR, THEN we can say something about it. HR....well they have decent aoe damage not super high but descent, but it's ALMOST same as tr except they can actually do damage to multiple targets (like i said earlier). You could only compare CW against other CW or maybe a GWF, but against those others that are made for something completely different...no I'm sorry but no.

Now don't take me wrong here, I agree with you they need to do this, because they are CONTROL not the exaggeration they are right now. I'm going to miss the really high damage in dungeons, but it had to be done. Now, I believe you were saying all that because of PVE, what I think is, that the guy meant about top CW's is the pvp.

CW are totally op end of story. They have more single target than TR which is single target class. That already defines there is no balance in this game. There are op classes:GWF and CW in pve, HR in pvp, medium classes: DC, GF, HR and totally nerfed class-TR. I am playing CW for a really long time, and i have no idea, i really don't-why cw have so op damage. CW is there to control it should have 1/2 dmg of TR/HR. But now it has like few times stronger damage. CW is totally op in pve, that already is reason they have no right to ask to be strong in pvp. If they will be balanced in pve-control class only, then they could ask for sth in pvp. Not that is needed since like i said they have too strong damage, stronger than tr. If cw wants to have more survival skills in pvp then:
    -TR and other classes need much better dmg of any skill to be stronger in pve
    -CW need to have nerfed all damage of single target skill
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug:
    Icespire contact does not offer Dragon quest for this zone.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
This discussion has been closed.