test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how do you like new duelist flurry animation?

mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
there was a change to dualist flurry on preview and i must say im not impressed at all.
looks realy bad
it feels a bit faster but the jump is shorter and we cant cover so much ground anymore.
all in all its another small nerf.
i realy dont think change was necessary.
its not for the better thats for sure
Post edited by mxtime on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i didnt notice it. going to test it.
    this is on preview right?
    edited July 2014
    something seems changed !
  • mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    yeah its on preview.
    just when hes abouth to jump there is some sort of cramp
    and he cant jump as high or long while cramping lol
  • iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    not sure abouth the jump distance
    but it looks worse thats for sure.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going to test it right now.

Will report back in a few minutes.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL what the ****

It looks so awkward, my char looks like a spastic now when casting it.

I swear there's someone that hates Rogues over at Dev team xDD

Making us into toothpick throwers AND making us look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hahaha
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ouch, I always liked that animation, we should tell the devs, maybe it's a mistake? I know the walking animation of TRs in prview is a bug, we should tell them, just to be sure.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Definitely not as clean a look as before...
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    going to check now. You got to be kidding me if they nerfed the jump distance. Its already the hardest skill to land
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah, it is definitely different. Maybe messed it up on accident like the walk animation
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now I have to log on to Preview and see this. I didn't notice before either. :(

In retrospect, I was told that DF looked like a chicken flappin its wings in the early times of BETA :D
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Whilst the animation looks a little bit faster, the second strike seems to sort or stutter and stop halfway through its swing. Ive been able to jump and land a third strike, but this definately seems like a bug rather than intentioned.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    Report it, otherwise it will end up in the live patch.
    edited July 2014
    Guys come to keep my thread in preview bug reports bumped
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It actually feels slower on preview. Like, I was getting a full four count on there, but barely more than three on live. The second hit's animation is definitely messed up, and the third hit doesn't seem to switch enemies as well/at all. On live I DF into a wave of underlevelled trash and each hit smoothly grabs the next mob up and kills it. On preview... It may or may not, it seems. I really hope I'm just imagining it. But I'm not sure I am. Yay, let's screw up TR more!
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited July 2014
    Yep, confirmed the following observations:
    1) First strike is exactly the same as before. Can still move a bit afterward, seems about the same distance to me. Same duration.
    2) Second strike has a pause delay at the end, before the flurry. Overall time from start to flurry is now slightly longer than before. Can no longer move any real distance between 2nd strike and flurry strikes, as you could previously, and changing targets or moving any from 2nd hit to flurry is far more difficult than before.
    3) Flurry itself is about the same duration as previously, assuming you hit. It is much shorter if the Flurry itself fails to connect/hit anything, however (like walking around in PE), which is why it seems shorter to some. So that's a bit of an improvement, one could say.

Bleed from DF seems a hair more potent, at least to me. Higher values, on average (~+10-15%) than I recall seeing. 9k bleed ticks are possible at full stack on Trade of Blades dummies.

Wicked reminder does less damage to a single target now (-10% to -15%), on average, than before, and doesn't seem to be as affected by power stacking as previously. WR has done more damage than the tooltip suggests since Mod 2 (1?)....not any more. A shame as it has always been on my hotbar since beta. Might have to look at something else now. Of note, the cooldown clock on WR seems slower. Even with +23% recovery rate, it now takes a full "four tick count" (by my analog desk clock) on cooldown. Tooltip still says 3.2 seconds (normally about ~2.6 seconds for me, less if Dazzling Blades procs).
    The small DR% debuff may now be for the TR only, rather than party wide, too...not enough testing yet to tell for sure.

My defense is higher, for some odd reason (up ~3%), and my gearscore shot up nearly 300 points vs. live (same build, same gear, etc).
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Guys come to keep my thread in preview bug reports bumped

you should link it
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wicked reminder does less damage to a single target now (-10% to -15%), on average, than before, and doesn't seem to be as affected by power stacking as previously. WR has done more damage than the tooltip suggests since Mod 2 (1?)....not any more.

On a side note... good observation. I'm impressed.

I'm actually surprised to find someone noticed this aspect of WR. Not many TRs really experiment and study their class enough to really know what their skills/powers can do.

You are entirely correct. Currently WR is half about the debuffs and half about the damage itself, which is a lot more potent than one might realize.

With good amount of power and character setting WR can deal 5~7k crits on average. This may not seem impressive at all, but the point is that this is a 4 second encounter. In terms of damage done over set unit of time, WR spamming easily outdamages even the mighty Lashing Blades. Assuming average level of LB crits on mobs doing around 15~18k damage, LB takes around 20secs to recharge.

In that time you can use five WR attacks which;

■ amounts upto actually higher damage than any other encounter the TR has -- in terms of overall DPS
    ■ more attacks than other encounters = more AP gained
    ■ offers most numerous, repeated attempts to proc Action Rush = very fast AP gain
    ■ has no target limit

It's not just a debuff power -- it's actually a very potent attack. The drawback being it relies on "hordes of mediocre hits" rather than "one big hit", which, in some cases that require concentrated spiking damage, might not be desirable.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • nezyrworksnezyrworks Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

I'm actually surprised to find someone noticed this aspect of WR. Not many TRs really experiment and study their class enough to really know what their skills/powers can do.

You are entirely correct. Currently WR is half about the debuffs and half about the damage itself, which is a lot more potent than one might realize.

With good amount of power and character setting WR can deal 5~7k crits on average. This may not seem impressive at all, but the point is that this is a 4 second encounter. In terms of damage done over set unit of time, WR spamming easily outdamages even the mighty Lashing Blades. Assuming average level of LB crits on mobs doing around 15~18k damage, LB takes around 20secs to recharge.

■ amounts upto actually higher damage than any other encounter the TR has -- in terms of overall DPS
    ■ offers most numerous, repeated attempts to proc Action Rush = very fast AP gain
    ■ has no target limit

It's not just a debuff power -- it's actually a very potent attack. The drawback being it relies on "hordes of mediocre hits" rather than "one big hit", which, in some cases that require concentrated spiking damage, might not be desirable.

Let's not forget they will remove additional AP gain from hitting multiple targets with WR. So now they are also "fixing the hardest applyable At-will move?! Very well, give them cake! Anyone elese wants cake or death?

On the flip side. the lack of longer jump before the flurry might remove this power out of PVP. The second delay is just realy bad... and looks awkward.
    edited July 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

■ has no target limit

i dont know which game u play or in which universe u live in when u say wr has huge potential.
    i have no idea why you insist that tr should debuff
    cw and dc do that 500% times better
    and if 5k crit is good single target dmg what is 20k non crit aoe dmg cw have on 7 sec encounter
    but then again you just keep spamming same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because some tr one shot u back in a day
    and you have post traumatic stres disorder from trs.
    edited July 2014
    i dont know which game u play or in which universe u live in when u say wr has huge potential.
    i have no idea why you insist that tr should debuff
    cw and dc do that 500% times better
    and if 5k crit is good single target dmg what is 20k non crit aoe dmg cw have on 7 sec encounter
    but then again you just keep spamming same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because some tr one shot u back in a day
    and you have post traumatic stres disorder from trs.

For certain scoundrel builds it have tremendous AP building potential for daily usage. That is IF you have a working build suited for that. The debuff thingy is just an addition, which helps your team. That is all.
    edited July 2014
    nezyrworks wrote: »
    For certain scoundrel builds it have tremendous AP building potential for daily usage. That is IF you have a working build suited for that. The debuff thingy is just an addition, which helps your team. That is all.

sure helped me a lot getting a party in last 10 months
    some potential lol.
    edited July 2014
    sure helped me a lot getting a party in last 10 months
    some potential lol.

Why so serious? What will be next? A razorblade usage threat? It doesn't matter what car you are driving as long as you are winning the race.
    edited July 2014
    nezyrworks wrote: »
    Why so serious? What will be next? A razorblade usage threat? It doesn't matter what car you are driving as long as you are winning the race.

and which race it that
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you have trouble finding groups to run PVE content, I advice you to join the Legit channel. I've never have been turned down in there for being a TR.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    If you have trouble finding groups to run PVE content, I advice you to join the Legit channel. I've never have been turned down in there for being a TR.

legit channel is great
    but i play this game for fun
    and tr doesnt have that feel to it any more
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just tested flurry...
    You can still jump around with it at final strike, you just can't change targets between first and second strike so easily anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited July 2014
    I would add that after more testing, mainly me beating up on my old Icewind Dale adversaries the trolls and hammerstone dwarves for a hour, the overall sequence of DF is exactly as long in duration as it was before. (~4.1 seconds). The flurry is a hair shorter, the 2nd stroke (w/delay) a hair longer.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really hope they change it back. Feels so clunky