What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

As a pround cockatrice owner...

Comments

• Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Cant wait till they actualy do the right thing and put a 10-20 second ICD.

Yeah then all the players with no skill will have to learn to be better rather than abuse a broken companion to beat people.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There may be some degree of tongue in cheek going on in the creation of this thread. People, they're selling senses of humour in the zenstore at a 25% reduction, buy one and lighten up.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure what the hubbub is about really. As stated earlier, they're getting a 3 sec root against players. That's what they were doing before wasn't it? Also, so rogue ITC and Unstoppable will now both pop people out of the roots. This doesn't help other characters classes at all. The roots will still be more than enough to stop a ranged character dead in their tracks and prevent them from dodging out of the way of that charging barbarian with the kung-fu action arms, Roar spamming, chain prones, and ability to simply shrug off any sort of CC you might throw at them. Oh. Don't forget that the root will also stick you in place so that even if you do, somehow, manage to scare the snot out of said barbarian and force them to run, you can't catch them anyways because you're stuck in place for 3 secs (does the root stack? anyone know?).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lady808 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the hubbub is about really. As stated earlier, they're getting a 3 sec root against players. That's what they were doing before wasn't it? Also, so rogue ITC and Unstoppable will now both pop people out of the roots. This doesn't help other characters classes at all. The roots will still be more than enough to stop a ranged character dead in their tracks and prevent them from dodging out of the way of that charging barbarian with the kung-fu action arms, Roar spamming, chain prones, and ability to simply shrug off any sort of CC you might throw at them. Oh. Don't forget that the root will also stick you in place so that even if you do, somehow, manage to scare the snot out of said barbarian and force them to run, you can't catch them anyways because you're stuck in place for 3 secs (does the root stack? anyone know?).

Needs a 60+ sec ICD for this pet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I agree, every type of companion I don't have should have an ICD of 60 seconds too. Erm, for reasons of balance, and uh, preserving the worthiness of developing skill in a rpg game. Because that's really important, not fun or anything, in a game. Oh no.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lady808 wrote: »

Yeah it stacks lol, my longest time rooted was 20 seconds and i was unable to use any powers during that time.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, you can use your ranged ones, if you've got them. Or you could do your professions perhaps to kill time. And not using dots on your weapon might help too.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Well, you can use your ranged ones, if you've got them. Or you could do your professions perhaps to kill time. And not using dots on your weapon might help too.

You should not say that though because that is one main reason why cockatrice is unfair. It makes terror, bile, plague and flaming enchant pointless on Opvp, you must see how that's a little wrong ? :P
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    All's fair in love and war. My main's an HR, who has zero cc immunity. I get bounced around by gfs, knocked down by gwfs, stunned, dangled amd frozen by cws, dazed and confused by trs. I don't complain so much as just suck it up. I don't use constricting arrow in my rotation so a cockatrice is my only form of revenge. :D
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah but hobbits are gonna get away from me. I hates hobbitses.

AND

There may be some degree of tongue in cheek going on in the creation of this thread. People, they're selling senses of humour in the zenstore at a 25% reduction, buy one and lighten up.

LOL! I love the humor on these forums!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All's fair in love and war. My main's an HR, who has zero cc immunity. I get bounced around by gfs, knocked down by gwfs, stunned, dangled amd frozen by cws, dazed and confused by trs. I don't complain so much as just suck it up. I don't use constricting arrow in my rotation so a cockatrice is my only form of revenge. :D

Then, why don't u use constricting arrow?....
  • Options
    edited July 2014

bro HR is the best char in pvp so why would you complain ? Hr is the one class I dont have a chance against in 1v1, I even beat most gwf but HR are very strong in pvp but that is fair since they aren't wanted in pve much i guess.

The cockatrice is too much in this game though, people spend millions of AD on an enchant and then they have to use a vorpal because of a cockatrice but then what if there class has low crit rate like a gf ?

The cockatrice can root for so long, as I said I was rooted for 20 seconds so basically I hit the enemy once and then I was dead because I was unable to move or use powers.

It needs a bigger nerf, I don't want people to lose out on AD of course so it would be good if they came up with a fair way of doing it but leaving it in the game as it is now or even with this very small and almost pointless nerf, is still the most overpowered thing in Opvp. In a 1v1 no player with a cockatrice would lose or most of the time a 2v1 as well.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok, if I understand some posts right, if you are playing for some time, got decent gear and good companions, you have to ltp, bc you are OP and abusing game mechanics, right? Wrong. This is WAI. Get this, the Devs decided to implement companions in OPVP, so using them is just like getting better gear. Did you ever fight a CW with will'o whisp and cankerous mage in epic (+40% control) in OPVP? OP, yes bug using, no.

If I do 1v1 I ask, if cockatrice/pots or healingpotions are used. In OPVP all bets are of. If I get attacked by 3 ppl in OPVP and they die bc I got a cockatrice and they dont, thats tough luck on their side.

Using gear or companions to boost your char is not a exploit, but WAI. If the Devs think it is OP, they tone it down (emb. of Seladine etc.), if they think it is ok, they let it go. To all you mindreaders out there, you can police yourself, but dont flame the other players for using pets gear etc. YOU see as OP.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Ok, if I understand some posts right, if you are playing for some time, got decent gear and good companions, you have to ltp, bc you are OP and abusing game mechanics, right? Wrong. This is WAI. Get this, the Devs decided to implement companions in OPVP, so using them is just like getting better gear. Did you ever fight a CW with will'o whisp and cankerous mage in epic (+40% control) in OPVP? OP, yes bug using, no.

If I do 1v1 I ask, if cockatrice/pots or healingpotions are used. In OPVP all bets are of. If I get attacked by 3 ppl in OPVP and they die bc I got a cockatrice and they dont, thats tough luck on their side.

Using gear or companions to boost your char is not a exploit, but WAI. If the Devs think it is OP, they tone it down (emb. of Seladine etc.), if they think it is ok, they let it go. To all you mindreaders out there, you can police yourself, but dont flame the other players for using pets gear etc. YOU see as OP.

whisp and mage add a 30% control that is more or less an increase of 1 second on steal time (and you don't even use it in pvp), also you have a 20% control resit from tenacity, cc immunities and sometimes even deflect will get you out of control. as you can see it is not the same of being rooted for countless seconds and being forced to change your enchants
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Introduce OP stuff.
    "OMG must buy!"
    Nerf.
    Rinse. Repeat.

I think it's a way to drain AD and/or get more key/respec token/etc sales.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    whisp and mage add a 30% control that is more or less an increase of 1 second on steal time (and you don't even use it in pvp), also you have a 20% control resit from tenacity, cc immunities and sometimes even deflect will get you out of control. as you can see it is not the same of being rooted for countless seconds and being forced to change your enchants

Epic cankerous mage 25% and 15% whisp, so 40% it is. It does effect all CCs, so you are CCed a lot. I met a CC using this combo with cockatrice and he crushed 90% of his enemies in 1v1. OK, you can say again, it is the cockatrice, but I have killed many CWs with cockatrice without similar ploblems.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then, why don't u use constricting arrow?....

Bar's full of foxes, TW and rain of arrows for openworld. Careful attack and mr. Gwf is toast. Dominion's a different kettle of fish.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Epic cankerous mage 25% and 15% whisp, so 40% it is. It does effect all CCs, so you are CCed a lot. I met a CC using this combo with cockatrice and he crushed 90% of his enemies in 1v1. OK, you can say again, it is the cockatrice, but I have killed many CWs with cockatrice without similar ploblems.

even with 40% you are talking of pvp with pvp skills, so you died from a cocktice and you blame the 0.7 increase freeze (or smth like that)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree, every type of companion I don't have should have an ICD of 60 seconds too. Erm, for reasons of balance, and uh, preserving the worthiness of developing skill in a rpg game. Because that's really important, not fun or anything, in a game. Oh no.

Except everyone I know does participate in domination but refuses to do opvp because of this pet. It is literally driving people away from a game feature. It's a bad design.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GG's pvp design has kept me out of there from the onset. No getting around the surrounding pve wander about and press f a lot rubbish. In comparison, taking a chance on meeting someone with a cockatrice pales. I think in my travels in owpvp, I've met something like 3..? And that's from a sample size of about 300 or so kills/defeats. About a 1% probability..? Your friends must be really scared of the nasty birdy.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014

this is why we cant have good things
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    How so Mr. R..?
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bar's full of foxes, TW and rain of arrows for openworld. Careful attack and mr. Gwf is toast. Dominion's a different kettle of fish.

TW is okay, but RAIN OF ARROWS??? really??....who is silly enough to stand in that little red area....
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Any gear, any perfect enchants whatever is not OP but having 1 companion that cant be targeted and roots enemies almost permanently stopping all there powers and making enchants that cost millions of AD useless is OP.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    even with 40% you are talking of pvp with pvp skills, so you died from a cocktice and you blame the 0.7 increase freeze (or smth like that)

You get me wrong, I did not die. I won, but he did a lot of 1v1 and he won 90%. He used almost exclusiv CC skills and he won some fights without getting hit once. Thats strong and compared to a average geared player OP, but I dont QQ, I say he used the pets to boost his CC and he does very well in OPVP. My argument is, that gear is a choice. Pets are gear. If you begin with one boon, where do you stop with the nerf QQ?

Nerf blacksmith, bc he does to much reflective dmg in OPVP. Nerf rustmonster, bc -25% dmg is OP, ner wild hunt rider bc +10% dmg is OP... ? If you dont like the fact, that pets are giving boons in OPVP, then thats your opinion, but as long as cryptic allows them, dont call out other players for using them.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually they are probably starting to agree dont you think?
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think they should change Cockatrice at all...

... all they have to do is switch 'atrice' to 'inmymouth' and I would be perfectly fine with them not nerfing it.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    From what I've seen today, that change is not a big deal.

I am getting rooted, my enemies are getting rooted and the mobs are getting rooted to the ground too. And what is the most important thing I still notice that.
  • Options
    blackscarab321blackscarab321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I bought a ferrari, then overnight the dealership came round to my house and replaced the engine with one from a mini, I'd take them to court.

Just sayin'

If you bought a ferrari and its brakes locked up every time you tried to go.You'd take it back and demand it be fixed.So now you've got a fixed ferrari and are crying about it.To funny

just saying
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TW is okay, but RAIN OF ARROWS??? really??....who is silly enough to stand in that little red area....

Well, duh, ppl who are rooted by my cockatrice.