Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140709a.2

13»

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    Warlock Updates
    • Harrowstorm: Curse Consume: Now prones the target for 4 seconds (up from 1 second).

Excuse me?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    a 4 sec prone??? Scourage Control Warlock?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    Whenever you want to read devs posts in any thread, click on the PW red letters that appear in the right upper side of their post. That'll bring you to the next one, unless it's the last.

There's also the dev tracker.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    Devs have any idea of how much a 4 second prone is gamebreaking in pvp?
    CONTROL wizard's best cc power stuns for 2 seconds (and good luck landing it correctly).
    You took almost all our damage to give us control, and yet you give the new DPS class a control encounter double the time of our best one.
    No class should have ANY cc that long, not even CW.
    DON'T DESTROY PVP,there's already enough imbalance there, we don't need more.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I haven't personally done extensive testing on PVP warlock, but I've been hearing they are a sitting duck class with no CC-immunity

Perhaps this 4-second prone is a way to counter that?
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2014
    Considering that the Warlock has next to no CC abilities in PvE the 4 seconds are really needed as an Emergency button. Especially when dealing with the nastier packs in Icewind Dale. (maybe make it so, that it's only 1s vs players, but leave the 4 seconds vs NPCs).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or make it a stun in PvP like a bunch of other classes' powers got changed to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tjlongshottjlongshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this 4s prone really makes me mad, first they are going to screw gwf in pvp, they already have issues with dodge spamming hr/tr/cw. it will be near impossible to overcome this 4s prone since they have huge amounts of dps, even more dps than gwf from what ive seen in the test server against my gf, and they dont even have shirt/pants yet to have even MORE power/dmg
    Defiant. Never back down from the opposition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tjlongshot wrote: »
    this 4s prone really makes me mad, first they are going to screw gwf in pvp, they already have issues with dodge spamming hr/tr/cw. it will be near impossible to overcome this 4s prone since they have huge amounts of dps, even more dps than gwf from what ive seen in the test server against my gf, and they dont even have shirt/pants yet to have even MORE power/dmg
    What about GWF's game-breaking Unstoppable, which makes other classes mad?
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guys, relax. GWF's got their defense brought down. If they go Destroyer they die really quick. Their regen isn't the same. Hr's regen isn't the same, still great, but not AS great. Their main forms of damage are taken down, so it'll be interesting.

Right now the GF is on the fringe of a class with potential, and super easy mode (GWF mod 2,3). Currently, you have to be pretty smart about which abilities to use, which feats to take and what gear to use to do so. If they anything else, DR, Deflect, Damage wise it may tip that scale and the nerf wand will be SMASHED down our throats.

So why don't we just plan, theory craft, and then test and report back?
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tjlongshot wrote: »

Dude, creat a SW, play it to 60, and then tell me if u have more dps than a gwf, those kidds, dont even know what they are talking about, also SW dont have defense, that 4s is the only defense they got so far, and it's only 1 target.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I thought the devs said they were going to leave prones just for special powers like dailies and such, is the 4s prone from the SW a daily?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • unknown6472unknown6472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    maybe i missed this post or maybe it was noted in a previous patch note, but when i played the HR on the preview shard this past weekend, the critical chance stat shows (-16% + buffs, stats,etc.) for example (-16%+ 46%) 30% crit chance. I was speced archery with approx. 3K crit strike plus misc. buffs and feits. i dont know if the 46% was right or not but it was close to or above that

I dont know if that -16% is just a typo and you actually get the full amount of crit chance but if you loose that -16% i would like to know why
  • ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    so ... this "new" animation in gwf sprint is final? and the female walk?

please, dont change the class animation.

New animation for Great Weapon Fighter and female walk? Not sure what you're referring to here.

We did a pretty major update to our movement sequencers that required rebuilding every movement animation in game (players and NPCs), so it's entirely possible that a "new" animation may simply be the wrong animation playing.

Is this an in combat or out of combat animation? By sprint, do you mean running around or their actual dodge/shift ability. And which female walk are you referring to? Class, in/out of combat, actual /walk 1 "walk" or running around at normal speed?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ruffiana wrote: »
    New animation for Great Weapon Fighter and female walk? Not sure what you're referring to here.

We did a pretty major update to our movement sequencers that required rebuilding every movement animation in game (players and NPCs), so it's entirely possible that a "new" animation may simply be the wrong animation playing.

Is this an in combat or out of combat animation? By sprint, do you mean running around or their actual dodge/shift ability. And which female walk are you referring to? Class, in/out of combat, actual /walk 1 "walk" or running around at normal speed?

I noticed this as well, when I sprint with my Halfling (Male) the screen zooms in and out several times, its a little annoying.

I dont know whats causing it, maybe a refresh in the animation or something... TBH id rather not even have much animation to sprint just purely a speed increase.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Not sure about those either, although I do know some animations are a little messed up right now. Rogue walk and wizard stop running animations are messed up though. Technically GWF stop running animations are the same as wizards, although it actually makes sense for them.

Rogue walk is the main issue though I'd say, it looks like they're running away from an explosion in slow motion.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

any chance of fixing GWF greatswords? in non combat stance all of the greatswords go through GWF body/legs and some end up in our feets :(
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014

she walk (marching) and sprint in live

http://youtu.be/EFXTl8qH8eA?list=UU2-WxJHoUwuPEm6OHV6RqwA

she walk (shake) and sprint in preview

http://youtu.be/ooR-x_A5xW8?list=UU2-WxJHoUwuPEm6OHV6RqwA

the "new sprint" is a "fast version" of the combat walk. looks like the sonic run now (i love sonic - die, mario. die - but... please, no).

ps: female warlock dont shake. that is a "cw/dc female walk" (my cw/dc is not woman but i remember to see this). for a military classe, dont make sense.
  • wolfarisenwolfarisen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...well. Those are some interesting bugs that got fixed.

I think the CW got Nerfed even Further. bad option. its already been nerfed, it doesn't need further nerfing. i stopped playing one because of the sheer effort i had to put into playing one. I spent more on health potions than anything else.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes,
    I am the ghost, that hides in the night.
  • wolfarisenwolfarisen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    v1rus89 wrote: »
    Devs have any idea of how much a 4 second prone is gamebreaking in pvp?
    CONTROL wizard's best cc power stuns for 2 seconds (and good luck landing it correctly).
    You took almost all our damage to give us control, and yet you give the new DPS class a control encounter double the time of our best one.
    No class should have ANY cc that long, not even CW.
    DON'T DESTROY PVP,there's already enough imbalance there, we don't need more.

This guy knows what he's talking about. I stopped play CW's Because of this ^ became too draining to the point it I just stopped because the worth of playing one drained out.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes,
    I am the ghost, that hides in the night.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    she walk (marching) and sprint in live

http://youtu.be/EFXTl8qH8eA?list=UU2-WxJHoUwuPEm6OHV6RqwA

she walk (shake) and sprint in preview

http://youtu.be/ooR-x_A5xW8?list=UU2-WxJHoUwuPEm6OHV6RqwA

I think this is a bug that only occurs on preview, along with the CW jump that is currently the DC jump. This is probably not going to live... actually I'd like to see official words about it.

Despite I'd really like to see the DC idle animation on my CW, since the current CW's idle is very odd and "diagonal" :|
    (´・ ω ・`)
This discussion has been closed.