Install Arc
Options

Halfling PvP domination.

2»

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They need to increase the bonus to other races to = the advantage portion of halfings, this will make diversity in the races, I refuse to roll halfings as well, ill take the penalty, but I dont run at the top 10% of the pvp brackets and probably never will. I dont like how they look either and would only ever use one for a TR as well. They should have their place, but people shouldn't be forced to pick them just to compete, this goes back to the same factors as artifacts, enchants that are mandatory to compete at, this shouldnt be and should be fixed to avoid same builds and lack of diversity in game.

There shouldnt be that much of a difference in them to make them the only viable class for pvp. In other games people were taking races for less then .5% bonus to one stat, which is all negligible in the end. Which is what racial bonuses should be..
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think if anything, the Halfling +2 CON should be switched to a different stat.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There shouldnt be that much of a difference in them to make them the only viable class for pvp. In other games people were taking races for less then .5% bonus to one stat, which is all negligible in the end. Which is what racial bonuses should be..

That is a boring way of doing it. That makes the choice cosmetic. Instead make every single bonus useful rather than the 2 or 3 useful races we have now, and then people have to make hard choices when making a character. Hard choices are good.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Either elven races need to be buffed to keep up with the rest or halfling's deflect chance cut down to 1%. It wasn't so broken before feywild with it's feythistle boon. Now it's just like get GWF, farm sentinel set and slot silveries (yeah, I know some prefer HP over deflect but I've seen both and deflect were more annoying to me) then they will just slowly die by hitting you.
    Or roll a HR, have combat spec, farm profound set and get healed from both set and the boon. Then have fun dominating and jumping over your enemies which can't provide a competition for your broken build.

What I am trying to say is when everything is already max'd, 3% is a big advantage. Also I've noticed that all those +% aren't actually % but something else. E.G why does Wild hunter's passive proc's so often if it only has 3%? For me it procs like every two encounter rotations.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I mean, isn't it? This race is so obviously dominative when it comes to PvP. Just look at PvP guilds, all competitive PvPers have halfling GWFs/TRs/HRs(oh these ones are annoying) and even CWs. And those GWF halflings running around in domination are simply surreal. I am not a big buff of 4e as I only had the time to read the 3.5 handbooks back in my school/college years but I do remember halflings were not able to wield great weapons. Outrageous.
    Okay, enough runt, here is my constructive feedback:
    In my opinion, bonuses granted to this race are too good comparing to the other races. I don't really mind the 10% CC resistance even though it's too cheesy too but the flat +3% deflect chance is too good, especially in combo with Bold racial passive. For example, take Wood Elf's racial bonuses, they only got +1% and 10% more resistance against slows. Just 1% and 10%...against SLOWS? Isn't that ridiculous? What race may provide bonuses as good as halfling's?
    The only race I could compare to halflings in terms of racial feats effectivness is probably dwarves but still theirs are too vague for me to judge.
    Somebody may say that the other races got really good racial passives for DPS but let's say that straight - PvP is about defence and how much you can take before you die and halflings is the best choice for that. There must be some variety. Halflings' flat +3% deflect chance should be either decreased to 1% or changed to +3% deflect stat bonus similar to Versatile Defense of humans. I do know the deflect stat is kind of hard to stack but it'd would be still rewarding if they focus on that, plus they still have 10% CC resistance which works well with tenacity.

Ty for reading, tatty bye ^^

P.S Lazaroth, sorry mate xD

And they all have butt-ugly toons. I wouldnt roll a halfpint to save my life
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would just like to see Drow get a racial buff. My campfire bonus is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    I would just like to see Drow get a racial buff. My campfire bonus is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    At least you won't waste too much time sitting on campfire if you're short on gold xD

Good thing they've fixed that DR debuffing thing for drow clerics...at last.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    At least you won't waste too much time sitting on campfire if you're short on gold xD

Good thing they've fixed that DR debuffing thing for drow clerics...at last.

Nice I didn't know they fixed that. Now they just need to buff the debuff up a little so that it can compete with things like horc crit severity or tieflings extra damage.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Nice I didn't know they fixed that. Now they just need to buff the debuff up a little so that it can compete with things like horc crit severity or tieflings extra damage.

well, imo DR debuff is already good in parties as all damage resistance debuffs are actually bonus to the damage against the target ._.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    and give us 5-10% prone resistance.. i am a drow and should be able to evade these things. We arent hippies sitting by campfires.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    well, imo DR debuff is already good in parties as all damage resistance debuffs are actually bonus to the damage against the target ._.

Well I agree it could be effective but,
    Darkfire: You have 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Darkfire for 4 seconds, reducing its Defense by 10%. This debuff does not stack, so if there are multiple Drow in a party, only one debuff is applied to any given foe; however, more than one foe can be affected by Darkfire.
    from the wiki

So with only a 4 second uptime and a 5% chance to apply it's not really doing anything the majority of the time even in a party. Either the debuff needs to be much higher or the proc rate needs to be at about 25% or the timer needs to be extended to about 15-20 secs.
  • Options
    stainfurlagstainfurlag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Somebody may say that the other races got really good racial passives for DPS but let's say that straight - PvP is about defence and how much you can take before you die and halflings is the best choice for that. There must be some variety. Halflings' flat +3% deflect chance should be either decreased to 1% or changed to +3% deflect stat bonus similar to Versatile Defense of humans. I do know the deflect stat is kind of hard to stack but it'd would be still rewarding if they focus on that, plus they still have 10% CC resistance which works well with tenacity.

Hum, let's not start with the nerf stuff, i don't think they should nerf the halfling racial trait. but it's not that his racial are so good, it's the the other racial are just ... too bad, in contrast, the halflings traits shine . And before you said something about being halfling sympathizer, no, i'm not, i hate those runt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, hell, my main TR is a runt and chubby half-orc... well, it's a runt compared to others half orcs :P

instead, make the others races traits better. let's re-cap:

Half-orc. 10 speed when you start a combat for 3 seconds, and 20 sec cooldown. 5% more severity .... for my taste not the worst, but close

Thiefling: first trait i think it's ok, but the 10%chance of debuffing his attacker by 5% ... bad

Drow:
    so bad that i discard them everytime i made a new char. Personal opinion, the worst traits in the game

Elf: kind of ok, i think it should be 3% of crit instead of 1

for the rest of the races, i think they are sort of ok , but this ones need a bit of re-work or buff
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    dwarf racials seem good but they are bugged
    friend told me they dont work
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    I would like to see that each race, have a bonus and a penalty to some stats. Its natural that dwarfs and orcs are the best fighters, so they should have their stats where they are atm, but due their ugly looks and greed(dwarfs) they should have a penalty to charisma or inteligence, which will make them bad casters. Its kinda stupid for me that a shortest and weakest looking race is the best berserker in pvp lol :D Would be great if the stats are like this:

Orcs= 4+ on STR , and 2 + on DEX or CON (choice), but -2 INT

Dwarfs= +4 on CON, and 2+ on STR or WIS (choice), -2 on CHA, greedy Dwarfs :D

Human= +4 on any stat u want. no penalty, humans are good but not the best in any class.

Halfling= +4 on DEX and +2 on INT or CHA, but penalty on STR -2, they are short and small its totaly stupid that they have +2 on CON xD natural perma TR hard to see with that small body :)

Elf= +4 on DEX and +2 on WIS or INT, penalty on CON -2 elfs are skinny

Sun elf= +4 on INT and +2 on CHA or WIS, penalty on CON -2

Tiefling= +4 on CHA and +2 on CON or INT, penalty on DEX -2 natural warlock

half Elf= +4 on WIS, no penalty

Drow= +4 on DEX and +2 on STR or INT, penalty on CON -2 they are elfs after all, but natural heavy hitter TR
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    Blows my mind about the whiners on this forum.
    NERF EVERYTHING BECAUSE I LOST A FIGHT

LOL! That holds true for many threads here . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    marko531 wrote: »
    I would like to see that each race, have a bonus and a penalty to some stats. Its natural that dwarfs and orcs are the best fighters, so they should have their stats where they are atm, but due their ugly looks and greed(dwarfs) they should have a penalty to charisma or inteligence, which will make them bad casters. Its kinda stupid for me that a shortest and weakest looking race is the best berserker in pvp lol :D Would be great if the stats are like this:

Orcs= 4+ on STR , and 2 + on DEX or CON (choice), but -2 INT
    Dwarfs= +4 on CON, and 2+ on STR or WIS (choice), -2 on CHA, greedy Dwarfs :D
    Human= +4 on any stat u want. no penalty, humans are good but not the best in any class.
    Halfling= +4 on DEX and +2 on INT or CHA, but penalty on STR -2, they are short and small its totaly stupid that they have +2 on CON xD natural perma TR hard to see with that small body :)
    Elf= +4 on DEX and +2 on WIS or INT, penalty on CON -2 elfs are skinny
    Sun elf= +4 on INT and +2 on CHA or WIS, penalty on CON -2
    Tiefling= +4 on CHA and +2 on CON or INT, penalty on DEX -2 natural warlock
    Half Elf= +4 on WIS, no penalty
    Drow= +4 on DEX and +2 on STR or INT, penalty on CON -2 they are elfs after all, but natural heavy hitter TR

Excellent! In the real D&D game, many races did have negative ability score modifiers, but not all of them. I think Half-Orcs lost on Charisma because they were just too ugly. :) I think some variation of this is a great idea!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hum, let's not start with the nerf stuff, i don't think they should nerf the halfling racial trait. but it's not that his racial are so good, it's the the other racial are just ... too bad, in contrast, the halflings traits shine . And before you said something about being halfling sympathizer, no, i'm not, i hate those runt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, hell, my main TR is a runt and chubby half-orc... well, it's a runt compared to others half orcs :P

instead, make the others races traits better. let's re-cap:

Half-orc. 10 speed when you start a combat for 3 seconds, and 20 sec cooldown. 5% more severity .... for my taste not the worst, but close

Thiefling: first trait i think it's ok, but the 10%chance of debuffing his attacker by 5% ... bad

Drow:
    so bad that i discard them everytime i made a new char. Personal opinion, the worst traits in the game

Elf: kind of ok, i think it should be 3% of crit instead of 1

for the rest of the races, i think they are sort of ok , but this ones need a bit of re-work or buff

^^ Yes i am all for not nerfing Halfling but buffing the ones that lack any appeal. I love drow.. big fan. But campfires .. blows my mind. Sometimes even if its in the 4E handbook.. i think we can overlook and move on to something better.

*whips out the s'mores*
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I agree the racial is too powerful (especially because I don't play a halfling ;) )
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    not calling for a nerd but it is kinda weird that everyone is rolling halfling for pvp. Maybe add racial specific boons you can earn that would level the playing field
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The +2 to con on the hafling is out of place from my experience they are not a 'tankish' race
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    The +2 to con on the hafling is out of place from my experience they are not a 'tankish' race

The halfling ability bonus was originally +2 Dexterity and +2 Charisma.[PHB:44] The Essentials update and subsequent books changed the bonus to +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Constitution or +2 Charisma.[U:E]

From http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Halfling

So it's according to the source material.

The get some extra ac which the game translated into deflection, and extra saving throws which got translated into control resist. In terms of translating the bonuses it's pretty good.

Now say the drow bonus for darkfire though would be equivalent to needing the enemy to roll a 1 on their save to succeed with it. Which is way too low of a chance. http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Darkfire
  • Options
    wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When people get lots of defense, and cant be one shot anymore, and the fight start to be a grind with lots of smaller hit, thats the perfect moment for you to get the most bang for you buck with deflection. and halflings get it for a lot cheaper, so they can focus on more damage.

with all the extra defense of tenacity this game is already becoming what took years to champions online to become, a heaven of dodge(here called deflection, same thing) builds. I stopped playing CO one or two years ago but it seems they had to rework some stuff recently to make it fairer.

I am against racial bonus I think it should be just a "flavor", not a component of the stats. but thats how dnd works too, so... whatever.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The halfling ability bonus was originally +2 Dexterity and +2 Charisma.[PHB:44] The Essentials update and subsequent books changed the bonus to +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Constitution or +2 Charisma.[U:E]

From http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Halfling

So it's according to the source material.

The get some extra ac which the game translated into deflection, and extra saving throws which got translated into control resist. In terms of translating the bonuses it's pretty good.

Now say the drow bonus for darkfire though would be equivalent to needing the enemy to roll a 1 on their save to succeed with it. Which is way too low of a chance. http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Darkfire

Yes it may be by the books but It is something that is too much of a draw for the class as all of the bonuses make it one of the best defensive races period.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Yes it may be by the books but It is something that is too much of a draw for the class as all of the bonuses make it one of the best defensive races period.

The problem isn't that it's the best race period. It is a very good choice especially for pvp. The problem is that there aren't other options that are just as good. Using Drow for an example. Give darkfire about a 33% chance to proc and because the whole trance thing is basically saying it takes you less time to heal, give them an extra 3% effective regeneration rate. Now another race becomes competitive. This time it has a dps increaser for the whole party and gets a little more health back. Now you have hard choices to make on character creation.