test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Halfling PvP domination.

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I mean, isn't it? This race is so obviously dominative when it comes to PvP. Just look at PvP guilds, all competitive PvPers have halfling GWFs/TRs/HRs(oh these ones are annoying) and even CWs. And those GWF halflings running around in domination are simply surreal. I am not a big buff of 4e as I only had the time to read the 3.5 handbooks back in my school/college years but I do remember halflings were not able to wield great weapons. Outrageous.
Okay, enough runt, here is my constructive feedback:
In my opinion, bonuses granted to this race are too good comparing to the other races. I don't really mind the 10% CC resistance even though it's too cheesy too but the flat +3% deflect chance is too good, especially in combo with Bold racial passive. For example, take Wood Elf's racial bonuses, they only got +1% and 10% more resistance against slows. Just 1% and 10%...against SLOWS? Isn't that ridiculous? What race may provide bonuses as good as halfling's?
The only race I could compare to halflings in terms of racial feats effectivness is probably dwarves but still theirs are too vague for me to judge.
Somebody may say that the other races got really good racial passives for DPS but let's say that straight - PvP is about defence and how much you can take before you die and halflings is the best choice for that. There must be some variety. Halflings' flat +3% deflect chance should be either decreased to 1% or changed to +3% deflect stat bonus similar to Versatile Defense of humans. I do know the deflect stat is kind of hard to stack but it'd would be still rewarding if they focus on that, plus they still have 10% CC resistance which works well with tenacity.

Ty for reading, tatty bye ^^

P.S Lazaroth, sorry mate xD
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    change the 3% deflect to deflect severity instead
    yes yes its focken brilliant!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am officially a racist.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Used to find them SO cuteeeeeee but the avid PVPers ruined that race and I find them annoying as hell and hate them now srs :/
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My best guess is that it'll be nerfed/reworked as soon as you'll be able to buy race switch tokens.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    change the 3% deflect to deflect severity instead
    yes yes its focken brilliant!
    yes xD
    Somebody would actually start picking Illusion Shimmer boon instead of 250 arp
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Used to find them SO cuteeeeeee but the avid PVPers ruined that race and I find them annoying as hell and hate them now srs :/

It's not like I hate them but I always had an apathy for that race, tbh. Don't know why but I always try to keep a distance from them >.>
    Both RP/Game wise.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    yes xD

It's not like I hate them but I always had an apathy for that race, tbh. Don't know why but I always try to keep a distance from them >.>
    Both RP/Game wise.

lol even when you RP? why? I think they're adroable, especially female halflings lol.

But I seriously despise them in PVP.
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Halflings may be tuff but cryptic broke the legs of halflings in the character creation screen with the lastest character creation update! I am just happy i have an old body type with strong legs.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I traded my sex appeal for a slight PvP advantage. Don't take away what little I have left.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014

:mad:

Actually, I agree with you. Problem isn't that the halfling bonus is too good but the other racial bonuses are too weak. I.E Half Elf 1% gold find... really?

I don't have enough D&D knowledge but I would like to know if these same racial bonuses appears in the books or were added by the devs.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Buff the other racials. +3% DR to humans. 15% Crit Severity for Orcs. 2% Deflect, 1% crit on HalfElves, >4% crit for elves to start...
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about no? The half-orc bonus is already overpowered.
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Blows my mind about the whiners on this forum.
    NERF EVERYTHING BECAUSE I LOST A FIGHT
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But seriously is it a problem when you are seeing more hafling cws?

Something needs to be done about this as more serious pvp players will always choose this race. Either a change of the hafling or changes to other racial bonuses to make them have their own attractiveness.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    How about everyone tell everyone else which class and race they are allowed to play as well.

I say the only way we can ever end the whining in this game is that everyone is only allowed to play the same race and class. And everyone starts out with the same gear and enchants and can never upgrade.

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that wont work either because than the whiners will cry that the other guy has a better internet connection and that is not fair.

Seriously people. GET A LIFE
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myth8892 wrote: »
    How about everyone tell everyone else which class and race they are allowed to play as well.

I say the only way we can ever end the whining in this game is that everyone is only allowed to play the same race and class. And everyone starts out with the same gear and enchants and can never upgrade.

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that wont work either because than the whiners will cry that the other guy has a better internet connection and that is not fair.

Seriously people. GET A LIFE

A Harvard study shows that 100% of people who tell other people to get a life over the internet need to get a life.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
    edited July 2014
    Halflings are great for PvP and all , but for PvE deflect chance and CC resist are kinda crappy compared to some of the other racials....probably worth considering. I wouldn't support nerfing the halfling racial, but there are definitely a few racials that need some buffing.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Halflings are great for PvP and all , but for PvE deflect chance and CC resist are kinda crappy compared to some of the other racials....probably worth considering. I wouldn't support nerfing the halfling racial, but there are definitely a few racials that need some buffing.

Pretty much this. I have a hard time rolling other than halfling for pvp, or horc or human for pve.
    Drow need either a much longer timer on the debuff or a much higher proc rate. (and a fix for clerics if it's not fixed)

Dwarves last I knew were pretty much broken

Helf needs it's bonuses put to 2% or maybe 3% each

Moon/Sunelves need their ap gain boosted farther, not sure how much I'd put the % at.

Tiefling are probably good.

Wood Elves raise their crit to 5%
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I honestly don't feel Halfling is always the best or the supreme race for PvP. Once I got serious about PvP, I saw everyone else using them and saying they were by far the best option b/c of 10% cc resist, so I've been doing it ever since. When I actually play a human or another race though, I truly don't notice that extra effect that everyone claims is so superior with resist. Aside from that, Halfling isn't so superior compared to everything else and it truly is minor -> not even noticeable for the CC resist portion. I'd have to agree and say its another case of people wanting something to point at as an excuse. Yeah, Halfling is good compared to the others, and best in SOME situations for PVP specifically. What about PvE? What about classes that can get 3 -> 9% more damage depending on circumstances from 3 feat points instead by going human? If I could remake my CW with the current feats Human would be fantastic for 3% more dmg in PvP (or 6% more damage on shard and AOE) not including better stat allocations for even more bonuses, instead of a little extra deflect when deflect chance is so horribly low on that class to be effective and a non noticeable CC resist. Some race bonuses are for utility, some for damage, ect. It just so happens that hafling is based around survivability, and that tends to work well in PvP, but not well in PvE/other game modes, or not well even in some PvP situations where your damage is lacking from survivability stacking.

It may be a trend among PvP-ers, but is it really unbalanced or just a popularity case? What about all the other top, well known PvP-ers that don't use Halfling because its not what they originally chose when starting? Or those who don't use max CON or perfect stat rolls? I don't notice disadvantages in their fighting from a very minute racial bonus.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Smart ppl use humans for strikers (expecially HRs)... the readers of LOL guides use Halflings ;)
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is standard in any sort of competitive play in any game. those guilds or groups will always go for anything that gives them even the slightest edge.

All for the sake of coming ahead in anyway they can. This has always been the case and it always will. Let them. I dont personally care. Trying to balance that wont make a difference, as they'll do the same in some other area. That small slight bonus isnt anything major in the grand spectrum of things.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Using a Halfling for PvP is really only a Min/Max issue. The 10% CC resist is great when it procs, and the +3% deflect is great for those classes that stack it, but I see plenty of very effective PvP toons of other races.

For PvE there are better choices for most classes already. Not sure drastic action is called for TBH.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is standard in any sort of competitive play in any game. those guilds or groups will always go for anything that gives them even the slightest edge.

All for the sake of coming ahead in anyway they can. This has always been the case and it always will. Let them. I dont personally care. Trying to balance that wont make a difference, as they'll do the same in some other area. That small slight bonus isnt anything major in the grand spectrum of things.

Now imagine... Halflings getting a class feature - rework. PvP guilds filled with tons and tons of sad midget like characters.

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think all the races need some buffs.

I do however remember races could not be certain classes do to height, weight, size or religious affiliations etc.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I am racist when it comes to this. In my mind races are strictly limited to certain classes.

I could never roll a Halfling GWF/GF/CW/DC/HR because it just doesn't look right to me. I'd only feel right with a Halfling TR. Also, Elvish & Tiefling GFs and GWFs don't work for me either. I struggle to picture a Half-Orc being anything but a GF or GWF. I once saw a Dwarf TR ninjaing around PE and thought that looked unnatural.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They need to increase the bonus to other races to = the advantage portion of halfings, this will make diversity in the races, I refuse to roll halfings as well, ill take the penalty, but I dont run at the top 10% of the pvp brackets and probably never will. I dont like how they look either and would only ever use one for a TR as well. They should have their place, but people shouldn't be forced to pick them just to compete, this goes back to the same factors as artifacts, enchants that are mandatory to compete at, this shouldnt be and should be fixed to avoid same builds and lack of diversity in game.

There shouldnt be that much of a difference in them to make them the only viable class for pvp. In other games people were taking races for less then .5% bonus to one stat, which is all negligible in the end. Which is what racial bonuses should be..
    edited July 2014
    I think if anything, the Halfling +2 CON should be switched to a different stat.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There shouldnt be that much of a difference in them to make them the only viable class for pvp. In other games people were taking races for less then .5% bonus to one stat, which is all negligible in the end. Which is what racial bonuses should be..

That is a boring way of doing it. That makes the choice cosmetic. Instead make every single bonus useful rather than the 2 or 3 useful races we have now, and then people have to make hard choices when making a character. Hard choices are good.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Either elven races need to be buffed to keep up with the rest or halfling's deflect chance cut down to 1%. It wasn't so broken before feywild with it's feythistle boon. Now it's just like get GWF, farm sentinel set and slot silveries (yeah, I know some prefer HP over deflect but I've seen both and deflect were more annoying to me) then they will just slowly die by hitting you.
    Or roll a HR, have combat spec, farm profound set and get healed from both set and the boon. Then have fun dominating and jumping over your enemies which can't provide a competition for your broken build.

What I am trying to say is when everything is already max'd, 3% is a big advantage. Also I've noticed that all those +% aren't actually % but something else. E.G why does Wild hunter's passive proc's so often if it only has 3%? For me it procs like every two encounter rotations.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I mean, isn't it? This race is so obviously dominative when it comes to PvP. Just look at PvP guilds, all competitive PvPers have halfling GWFs/TRs/HRs(oh these ones are annoying) and even CWs. And those GWF halflings running around in domination are simply surreal. I am not a big buff of 4e as I only had the time to read the 3.5 handbooks back in my school/college years but I do remember halflings were not able to wield great weapons. Outrageous.
    Okay, enough runt, here is my constructive feedback:
    In my opinion, bonuses granted to this race are too good comparing to the other races. I don't really mind the 10% CC resistance even though it's too cheesy too but the flat +3% deflect chance is too good, especially in combo with Bold racial passive. For example, take Wood Elf's racial bonuses, they only got +1% and 10% more resistance against slows. Just 1% and 10%...against SLOWS? Isn't that ridiculous? What race may provide bonuses as good as halfling's?
    The only race I could compare to halflings in terms of racial feats effectivness is probably dwarves but still theirs are too vague for me to judge.
    Somebody may say that the other races got really good racial passives for DPS but let's say that straight - PvP is about defence and how much you can take before you die and halflings is the best choice for that. There must be some variety. Halflings' flat +3% deflect chance should be either decreased to 1% or changed to +3% deflect stat bonus similar to Versatile Defense of humans. I do know the deflect stat is kind of hard to stack but it'd would be still rewarding if they focus on that, plus they still have 10% CC resistance which works well with tenacity.

Ty for reading, tatty bye ^^

And they all have butt-ugly toons. I wouldnt roll a halfpint to save my life
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would just like to see Drow get a racial buff. My campfire bonus is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    GShBCGl.jpg