test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple suggestion on leadership profession

flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Since many people are talking about the prices of enchants 5+ on AH and the AD and zen exchange recently. I want to make a simple suggetion on leadership task on level 20, which I think will help both problems.

The suggestion is that take away the 1600 AD award for finishing the task. Instead awarding a new refining box which ensure one of the following items:

rank 5 runestone;
rank 5 enchants;
blue mark of any kind;
a refining stone with points between 1000-2000.

It will certainly ease the pain of the rising enchants prices, and more important, it will reduce the AD in the market. I think it is the right direction to go, people get AD by spending time playing the game itself not leadership profession. And people already invest a lot time in leadership profession still get some good rewards.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
Post edited by flyingleon on

Comments

• Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    i really dont understand so much hate for ppl who have levelled up leadership rank 20. As i already told into other topic , the problem is not leadership rank 20 with that 1.6k ad task.

My opinion is that you (and other ppl crying ) are just jelous that you dont have the patience and the determination to keep leveling up each day ,for like 4 months , leadership. Changing the reward tell me , it will fix the problem? NO it will make worst.

I think you just want to accomplish some goal faster in some weeks when ppl got all their rank 7-8 gems in like 6-7 months of farming + playing.

Leadership rank 20 has nothing to be nerfed or changed and for surely it doesnt affect the ADZEN Exchange.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That is definitely one possibility given that the leadership profession is major reason why we are having so much AD inflation.

I would actually suggest getting rid of it completely and crediting any character with 20 Leadership 250 000K AD (or about 20 days of Leadership as compensation), and also have a vendor where people can sell the leadership assets for a fixed AD price. Also get rid of the AD from invocation and instead improve the rewards for ardent coins while making them BoA. Finally, double the AD for completing skirmishes, etc while keeping the cap at 24K.

These changes would greatly reward people for actually playing the game, while massively reducing the effect of gold-sellers.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ummm, NO.

Some of us (I suspect many) don't much care about refining. Astral Diamonds are considerably more flexible. Be darned careful what you ask for because you just might get it. And with something not thought through like this hair brained idea will come back to bite you in the backside to heavy regret.

I reiterate: ummm, NO.

You want rank 5 and 6 enchantments? Open lockboxes: they always give Rank 6 or better.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    i really dont understand so much hate for ppl who have levelled up leadership rank 20. As i already told into other topic , the problem is not leadership rank 20 with that 1.6k ad task.

My opinion is that you (and other ppl crying ) are just jelous that you dont have the patience and the determination to keep leveling up each day ,for like 4 months , leadership. Changing the reward tell me , it will fix the problem? NO it will make worst.

I think you just want to accomplish some goal faster in some weeks when ppl got all their rank 7-8 gems in like 6-7 months of farming + playing.

Leadership rank 20 has nothing to be nerfed or changed and for surely it doesnt affect the ADZEN Exchange.

First of all, I have finshed two level 20 leadership and that is not jelous. Secondly if the AD supply reduces, it will certainly affect the ADZEN exchange. Although I don't know how much. The point is that some people may farm AD through the leadership and they never play game itself. People like me who has rank 20 leadership may still benifit from a stronger AD currency.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quite frankly I see no need to change this. It takes a long time to level up leadership to 20, but the rewards are quite appropriate for the effort.

I also don't see rising enchant prices as a problem at all....quite the contrary - it will even make it worthwhile for the average player to gather and sell enchants they don't want.. I have been collecting my enchants since day 1 and using those, instead of buying those 99r5 stacks sold by the botters. Now, it takes time, but I currently have a mix of r8 and r9 enchants - still quite a way from having a set of R10 though. Of course I have to buy the marks - but the AD I get from the leadership tasks and elsewhere covers that quite nicely.

As I said, I don't see a problem.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My opinion: a stronger AD currency will help this game. The thing is not only about the marks, you may pay everything cheaper later in this game. But I am not maintain this game, I don't have the data will can prove that. So I bring this suggestion on.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Ummm, NO.

Some of us (I suspect many) don't much care about refining. Astral Diamonds are considerably more flexible. Be darned careful what you ask for because you just might get it. And with something not thought through like this hair brained idea will come back to bite you in the backside to heavy regret.

I reiterate: ummm, NO.

You want rank 5 and 6 enchantments? Open lockboxes: they always give Rank 6 or better.

Why I am not so surprising what you just said! Anyway to yourself: Be darned careful what you ask for because you just might get it. And with something not thought through like this hair brained idea will come back to bite you in the backside to heavy regret.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd be surprised if a nerf to Leadership hasn't been at least discussed by the managers and producers who run the game , they need to do something to stop the flow of AD into the game and reducing Leadership payouts is a obvious target since everything else that brings AD into the game has to be earned and worked for , Leadership farming on alts is adding huge quantities of AD to the economy for little work .

Before anybody lays into me let me point out that I would hate for this to happen just as much as anybody else since my main and 5 of my alt characters have lvl 20 leadership and the other 8 alt characters have leadership at 18 or 19 but I think it is a pretty obvious target for the developers since there seems to be such a huge amount of excess AD knocking about at the moment ,plus even if they do nerf it there is no reason that it couldn't be unnerfed at a later date .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Leadership on it's own shouldn't be a problem if there weren't for people with 10+ characters that have maxed their leadership, and are acting like AD printing presses.

OP's idea is rather good. If implemented, it would probably alienate some players from the game, but it would be for the best, since those players are major printing presses. They do not generate any revenue for Cryptic/PWE, and are spoiling the game for decent players.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They'd better not nerf AD from Leadership.....Being a casual player, this is my main source of AD.

This is one of the very reasons I suggested having a discussion folder for casual players, as most of the discussions/suggestions "generally" revolve around those that play for many hours each week.

Cryptic: Heed my advice; if you nerf AD gain in the Leadership profession, you are going to alientate many of your casual gamers.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, it would be for the better, since that would decrease inflation, maybe even start deflation, and you would actually need less AD than you do now. Try looking at the big picture.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would rather the AD and buy what I want!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    the prices are driven by a small group of accounts / chars captable of efficiently farmimg the few dungeons where unbound loot drops - already AD millionaires many times over.

Dungeons? :D No.

Read this please:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?567591-Trace-s-Guide-to-AD-Creation-and-Wealth-Building

Author of that thread and the likes of him are the ones who are destroying the economy, and not us decent players who are actually playing the game and farming dungeons.
    I hope I will get a good drop these days, so I can buy a Greater Mark of Potency. Yeah.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Even with this task it takes month to gain the AD for anything worthwhile and week for some much needed marks of potency.
    Who cares about addtional Stones, which can't even be used, because all embedded stones, enchants and artifacts are simply full?

There are many players around, to whom leadership is the most efficient way to finally, slowly advance.
    Maybe it'ld be not wise to make things any more difficult to them?

Just think of someone who had just gotten his or her CW in a state, where he/she could take part in PvP or had a chance to be accepted in a CN farming party (or just any T2 without being kicked immediately because of a too low GS) - now he/she has to start over, respec, and purchase other artifacts, companions and enchantments; in effect, replaying month of grind just to get the neccessary AD.
    Surly such a person would probably fell insulted by any additional restriction his or her ability to get AD and to prolong the wait to enter endgame contend even more.

It would also not decrease Inflation , since their impact on total AD ingame is not that big, the prices are driven by a small group of accounts / chars captable of efficiently farmimg the few dungeons where unbound loot drops - already AD millionaires many times over.
    Those don't need to to reduce prices, they can wait a little longer and they know the others will have to buy sometime (or drop out of the game).

You need to understand that who farming dungeons and selling not generate AD, except they salvage the epic items.

Join the Greycloaks

• Options
    edited July 2014
    flyingleon wrote: »
    You need to understand that who farming dungeons and selling not generate AD, except they salvage the epic items.

Exactly. Those few thousands generated by salvaging are negligible.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    No, it would be for the better, since that would decrease inflation, maybe even start deflation, and you would actually need less AD than you do now. Try looking at the big picture.

AD costs will not be lowered on fixed items, such as the mount manuals . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So you think that fixed prices of mount manuals, cats, and other unnecessary stuff justify high inflation?
    Sorry, but I can't seem to understand where your logic leads. Please, enlighten us.

Not many people here seem to understand what the OP is suggesting. One r5 is of pretty much equivalent value to that 1600AD leadership task, and people could still be making a lot of profit by selling r5 stacks, but they would not generate additional AD, and thus inflate the value of AD.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So you think that fixed prices of mount manuals, cats, and other unnecessary stuff justify high inflation?
    Sorry, but I can't seem to understand where your logic leads. Please, enlighten us.

Not many people here seem to understand what the OP is suggesting. One r5 is of pretty much equivalent value to that 1600AD leadership task, and people could still be making a lot of profit by selling r5 stacks, but they would not generate additional AD, and thus inflate the value of AD.

I see the value in what the OP is suggesting. It is just that I am a casual player. The system works better for me as it is. My gaming time is counted in minutes, not hours - every minute of gaming time is precious to me. That may sound weird, but it is my gaming reality.

And some people don't consider some of the AD items as "unnecessary stuff." To each his/her own. I like the mount manuals because I can increase the speed of a generally slow mount that I like - it fits my roleplaying needs/experience. :)

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dungeons? :D No.

Read this please:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?567591-Trace-s-Guide-to-AD-Creation-and-Wealth-Building

Author of that thread and the likes of him are the ones who are destroying the economy, and not us decent players who are actually playing the game and farming dungeons.
    I hope I will get a good drop these days, so I can buy a Greater Mark of Potency. Yeah.

Just because some people realise that as of right now farming the game is a poor return on time invested into the game and turn to other much more lucrative methods of creating wealth. For many people that kind of thing is the only way to make AD outside of putting in real $$$ as they don't have 24/7 to sit there and farm for drops, nor perhaps the interest after having spent months farming already.

I farmed my first maybe 1-1.5million in 5-7 months then instead of sitting on my a--- twiddling my thumbs I invested it, just like I would in reality. Now I have a AD pile of tens of millions+ and multiple high level enchants and gear. I've been playing since just after caturday(~2 days before I created my first character). So if you think getting to this point is just a wave of my hand and *BAM* 100mill AD, you're wrong.

If you want a "solution" to people creating 20-40 alts for leadership then create an accountwide RAD pool of say, 200-250k instead of the character bound pools.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    the point is :

1- all ppl crying are kids hyped trying to reach end game contenent playing only few weeks .

2- thoese op player that have perfect ench maybe are playing since 1 year ago....
    2a- between those player there are exploiters and bug abuser never punished.

so stop saying that leadership rank 20 is to be nerfed.
    you can get too many toons rank 20. just grind , farm and you will see result.
    logging once every week and complaining is not a costructive way of reporting "fake " issues.
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well. All I see is people crying about gold/ad farmers and trying to fix it. Me I would rather see a better Game/Game play and fix the performance issues and address the gold/ad farmers last. Seems alot of people cry and moan about farmers instead of helping to build a better game and game play. This game and with any mmo you will never stop them. Only way to beat them is to play legit and put the work in that it takes. Seems we lack that now days(yes working). My 2 cents
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    flyingleon wrote: »
    Why I am not so surprising what you just said! Anyway to yourself: Be darned careful what you ask for because you just might get it. And with something not thought through like this hair brained idea will come back to bite you in the backside to heavy regret.

Because truth is not always very surprising.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    snip.

Ah, I understand that, and I apologise for my perhaps offensive tone. I am glad there are still people who enjoy roleplaying.
    tang56 wrote: »
    snip.

We're talking about AD inflation here, and how to counter it, and not about your dedication to making your own wealth. You could have done the same with r5 stacks, especially now that the exploit has been fixed.
    snip.

There are different aspects of making a game "work". In MMOs economy is a very important factor.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I am amazed at all the armchair economists in this thread.

The OP's suggested change would do nothing regarding the AH Pricing, it would further inflate the economy and make it worse than it is right now. Before asking for such changes the change needs to be really thought-out.

For one thing: Astral Diamonds is a currency and can be used to buy anything in-game. Enchantments are an item and useful only to those who actually care about them. Thereby making such a change is to punish the many to satisfy the few.

This change (or anything remotely like it) is not going to happen; it's just too radical. Cryptic Studios is not stupid, and neither is Perfect World, Inc. The very suggestion by the OP is indication of the selfish, entitlement attitude of the one thinking it up. The whole thread is laughable (seriously: I'm laughing. Literally LOL.)

-sits back, large bowl of popcorn in hand-
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You are right, it is not going to happen, because it wouldn't suit Cryptic/PWE, but it is fact that a lot of players are abusing Leadership profession, and thus generating a lot of AD which are in hands of very few. You seem like one of them, which would explain your arrogant attitude.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You are right, it is not going to happen, because it wouldn't suit Cryptic/PWE, but it is fact that a lot of players are abusing Leadership profession, and thus generating a lot of AD which are in hands of very few. You seem like one of them, which would explain your arrogant attitude.

they have lowered leadership rewards before so there is no reason to believe that they would be unwilling to do it again
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    they have lowered leadership rewards before so there is no reason to believe that they would be unwilling to do it again

I did not knew that. Obviously there was a good reason for that.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did not knew that. Obviously there was a good reason for that.

the players were not expecting it that time either look at the patch notes there are a lot of unhappy players http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375171-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529g-25
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am amazed at all the armchair economists in this thread.

The OP's suggested change would do nothing regarding the AH Pricing, it would further inflate the economy and make it worse than it is right now. Before asking for such changes the change needs to be really thought-out.

For one thing: Astral Diamonds is a currency and can be used to buy anything in-game. Enchantments are an item and useful only to those who actually care about them. Thereby making such a change is to punish the many to satisfy the few.

This change (or anything remotely like it) is not going to happen; it's just too radical. Cryptic Studios is not stupid, and neither is Perfect World, Inc. The very suggestion by the OP is indication of the selfish, entitlement attitude of the one thinking it up. The whole thread is laughable (seriously: I'm laughing. Literally LOL.)

-sits back, large bowl of popcorn in hand-

/agreed

Leadership is a decent way for casual players to get some extra AD (and you don't really need to be lv20 to get a good amount of AD, not millions but enough to buy a few things you might need). The actual problem with inflation here is that currently there is nothing really worth buying for AD that isn't on AH (thus, not removing AD from the game).

In STO there is Dylithium, that is roughly the same as AD, but you have a *huge* amount of things you can purchase from the system that players are willing to buy.