Install Arc
Options

New (as of 7-3-14) Hidden Code

2»

Comments

• Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Be very carefully copy and pasting, even with care I noticed I still got a space at the beginning i had to remove before it would work. Even if it looks like you have not copied a space always good to check there is not one at beginning or end.
    Of course it could also be finished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    According to the blog the competition is still live, as it hasn't been crossed out yet.
    To anyone having probs with the code, try inputting the code manually,
    not copy/paste.
  • Options
    goldmember7goldmember7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    I submitted a support ticket about this. At the very least, I expect the client to tell you that all keys have been redeemed already, if that is the reason why we cannot claim the reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iavoraniavoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm having the same issue. Is it possible that the code I enter is a wrong one? It starts with a lower case letter, followed by 3 capitals followed by 4 lower case ones?
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I give a heads up to my guild (Twilight Empire) once I find it on the location of it, and the HOW to find it. I don't say what it is though since people should have to do SOME work for it.

I would suggest though that next time a hidden code is put in there is instructions on how to find where to REDEEM the code too. ARC has "disguised it" by putting the drop down menu on the logo upper left hand corner. For some guildies that was the hard part finding the place to redeem it, rather than the code itself.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, can anyone explain to me how the code
    rIGQtggn

as seen in the attached picture match any of the described patterns?
    How can my key be incorrect if it is issued by ARC itself?

I also talked to support about it, as suggested by ARC. An interesting experience! Useless, none the less. This was 2 codes ago. Same issue.

PS: apart from fixing your ARC application and its error messages I suggest to put the code into courier font.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The did the AAAA-BBBB-CCCC suggestion it appears not to say it had - in the code, but rather to indicate possible multiple letters.

The codes look like a garbled word of lower case letters and upper case letters of English with sometimes numbers thrown in.

This time doing copy/ paste into notepad helped me. (You can use any .txt program ) I was looking for "spelling errors" and figured I'd run it through a spellcheck. BAM! I found it.

BEWARE though as sometimes you can accidentally copy/paste an uneeded space with the code itself. IT does look like in the above picture there may be a space before the code which would screw it up. It counts the space as another "letter or digit". Tricky, huh?

It does say codes are invalid after they have all been redeemed for the allotted amount of times each one is allowed.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got the code right but then I logged in and got nothing, what do we supposedly get by entering the code correctly?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I got the code right but then I logged in and got nothing, what do we supposedly get by entering the code correctly?

Its a repeat. It will give you the Spell Saboteur title. But if you already have it, all that will happen is you will simply be entered in the contest.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    aaah, thanks for clarifying that. Indeed I already have the title. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Are the codes all gone? Combed through the blog and nothing for me.

Edit: Nevermind.. found it, and one of the letters resembles another.

This.

I tried to redeem the code 7.5 hours after it had been posted. (At 5:38 PM Pacific time), and got a message that the code was invalid. Since this one was hidden so well, I examined the code a bit more, and then used an alternate character. It worked! I got a message in the Arc Client that the Reward Claims Agent had my item. :)
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    i've been working on trying to enter this code for an hour now, with no luck. i've tried entering it directly into the 'Redeem Code', copy/paste, everything I can think of, and no go :( any ideas? it's still not marked out so i'm hoping that i can get it to work!!!
  • Options
    spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same here, been trying to get it to work, but keep getting message that it is invalid :(
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hint: It's not a lowercase L, it's a capital I.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iavoran wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Is it possible that the code I enter is a wrong one? It starts with a lower case letter, followed by 3 capitals followed by 4 lower case ones?

I see 2 lower case, then 2 upper case, then 4 lower case.
    Think the 2nd letter is lower case L.

Then again, I get the error even if I carefully copy and paste. (No spaces copied)
    Or if I type it in. Maybe it ended and they forgot to tell us.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    nerim2nerim2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hint: It's not a lowercase L, it's a capital I.

This letters forming a new word or only need type letters ??
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    where do you redeem it. I have it but I can no longer find the redeem key button on arc or the website.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    In the Arc Client. Press the Arc Drop down symbol and select Redeem Code.

And why the heck are you all typing it. I sound like my boss but, argh, you're wasting time as well as adding completely unneeded and unnecessary confusion and frustration! Copy and Paste!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I just copied pasted the code in Arc and it worked yesterday. In the arc menu in the top left there's the option for redeem code.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I click the drop down menu for Arc and there is no option for enter code, only My Account and Sign Out. Is the option not there because all the codes have been used already?
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In the Arc Client. Press the Arc Drop down symbol and select Redeem Code.

And why the heck are you all typing it. I sound like my boss but, argh, you're wasting time as well as adding completely unneeded and unnecessary confusion and frustration! Copy and Paste!

I tried typing many times and copying and pasting but none of them worked for me. Gave up in the end. I imagine that it isn't really worth wasting that much time on. I also agree with another suggestion that if all the codes have been redeemed then it should say so instead of coming up with the code being invalid or whatever.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    [/B post deleted
  • Options
    borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ixotl wrote: »
    In a blog posted July 3, 2014 there is a hidden code. Anyone find it and redeem it? I'm going bonkers here pouring over this blog post for it. I'm sure it isn't meant to be THIS difficult so I MUST be missing something pretty obvious.

What blogs are these hidden codes in?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    borak2 wrote: »
    What blogs are these hidden codes in?

This one was in the one about the swordsman I think - sorry it was the wild hunt rider one
  • Options
    stephenpantojastephenpantoja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The code is rlGQtggn. Hit Ctrl+A and the screen with turn blue and you can see the code about halfway through the blog. Stop making things unnecessarily difficult.
  • Options
    cyanidepandaz98cyanidepandaz98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I must be going crazy >_< I can't find it!
  • Options
    cyanidepandaz98cyanidepandaz98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also that didnt help :( It didn't work