test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New (as of 7-3-14) Hidden Code

ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
In a blog posted July 3, 2014 there is a hidden code. Anyone find it and redeem it? I'm going bonkers here pouring over this blog post for it. I'm sure it isn't meant to be THIS difficult so I MUST be missing something pretty obvious.
Post edited by ixotl on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I found it... here's a hint: hint
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    here is another hint CTRL+A reread the post.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ixotl wrote: »
    In a blog posted July 3, 2014 there is a hidden code. Anyone find it and redeem it? I'm going bonkers here pouring over this blog post for it. I'm sure it isn't meant to be THIS difficult so I MUST be missing something pretty obvious.

Once again they put the code in the blog when 90% of the server is at work lol!!!
    Thank god they hid it well and I actually got to redeem one :)
    I'm usually at work and never get home in time, but got it this time *does happy dance*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yup. Finally located it. My FIRST hidden code that actually worked. WOOT!!!!

Now then. This is an in-game award and account wide but I assume it's BoP once one of my characters goes to claim it. Is this correct?

Just trying to find the best fit and hoping it's BoE so I can pass it to a character that can make better use of it.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes the title is account wide but the pack will be a single character only.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Got it. Thanks!
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    yes the title is account wide but the pack will be a single character only.

I redeemed in Arc, when I did, it said "you won a prize." I don't recall it saying that before, but oh well. When I went to the claims agent there was nothing there. I waited about 10 minutes between the two. I checked the mail and there was nothing there. Am I missing something or did I just not give it long enough?

I have redeemed other hidden codes and usually they were in the Claims Agent in a couple of minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

=RV=
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if its like the previous ones, if you got the pack from the previous one giving the same title it doesn't give you a second pack, just enters you to win the CTA prize.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if its like the previous ones, if you got the pack from the previous one giving the same title it doesn't give you a second pack, just enters you to win the CTA prize.

I was starting to think that was the case.

Thanks.

=RV=
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, if it says I'm using an invalid code... does that mean it's over, or I should
    wait a bit, or I somehow mistyped the hidden code. (I checked it carefully).

'The product key you have entered is incorrect...'
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait, I found a code, I guess I have to put it here https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey, but it says "The key you entered does not exist. Please check the key. If the key you entered matches the one given to you, please contact", what I'm doing wrong?.
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Woohoo! Got my first code!
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Wait, I found a code, I guess I have to put it here https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey, but it says "The key you entered does not exist. Please check the key. If the key you entered matches the one given to you, please contact", what I'm doing wrong?.

Hello,

The code can only be redeemed on the Arc Client :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hello,

But I am using ARC.
    (upper left corner, little drop down arrow.)

PMed you the code I'm trying to enter.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This one grants the 'Spell Saboteur' title. The first ones granted some other title.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, yes I found the code (with some help from forum), and yes I have the client (even though ARC is so glitched for me I run NW with steam). Yet, I can't seem to pull down the redeem arrow like I could before (poor mechanics btw ARC, not very user friendly little arrows and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> instead of a big "redeem here" button). So after all this ridiculous twisting and turning and hoop jumping throughing (is that a word?) I give up.

I LOATH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this. Maybe "secret society" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> inspires other people, not me. It only pisses me off and turns me off. Like the admin messages in game that tells you so and so got something cool from a lock box, does it inspire me to go out and open boxes? NO! since my experience opening lots of boxes only got me <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff, at some point it only frustrates me and I vow not to open another box again...ever. Just like this "read our blog carefully and get this" thing, I always read the blogs before, but since I can't ever seem to get the rewards, what is my frustrated reaction? Not what they wanted..to inspire more readers, my reaction is CRAM YOUR SECRET HOOP JUMPING ANTICS, I'M NOW NOT READING YOUR BLOGS NOW!

Keep it up, I USED toplayed other MMO that did <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this, they always were rewarding people that logged on to FAKEbook at such and such a time with good rewards for following their social media event. Fine, I understand they were trying to build buzz, I don't object to that, but they excluded those of us that didn't jump through the hoops of that event from getting the rewards, and the rewards were real good and were actually game effecting in quality, I.E. those people that got it, rather that P2W were S2W--Social event to win. They outstripped those that couldn't log on or follow FAKEbook and had game breaking advantages over us. I uninstalled, they lost a customer.

So, keep up this silly stuff NW, exclude the rest of us from stuff, at some point you will, if not others, than at least me, get me angry enough to uninstall, I've spend well over $300 this past yr on your products, so have my relatives, but uninspire me enough and I'll move along to some other MMO.

I don't shop in lots of brick and mortar stores for the same type of marketing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, get coupon X, show up and day Y, spin wheel this, or scratch card that, buy item Z, hop on 1 food and turn around 3 times, sing the star spangled banner while rubbing your tummy and we "might" give you this super-duper-much-sought-out-mega-item-B. I'm not physically build for such antics (6'4 300Lb) as leaping through hoops, nor have I the patients for such silliness (I got better things to do, get on with it). :)
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mattsacre wrote: »
    bla bla bla bla............................
    dont read post if u dont care , so much jealousy over other guys winning , my god.
    u dont have to participate in these contest if u dont like , its as simple as that and they not giving anything diffrent , its only a title and previous CTA rewards, so much crying over this.
    i like how u have to brain wreck to find to code , its not about the reward as much as finding the code, reward is just extra.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are the codes all gone? Combed through the blog and nothing for me.

Edit: Nevermind.. found it, and one of the letters resembles another.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh, nice I got it, thanks for letting us know ;)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    Doesnt work. Is it over?
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Once again they put the code in the blog when 90% of the server is at work lol!!!
    Thank god they hid it well and I actually got to redeem one :)
    I'm usually at work and never get home in time, but got it this time *does happy dance*

Yeah, it's disappointing to get home from work just to read the new blog with the message at the bottom telling you all the codes have already been redeemed. Score on this one though, must have allowed more codes this time.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I downloaded arc at work, not the games, just arc, it's pretty small and I didn't had any trouble doing it that way XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    stainfurlagstainfurlag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hello,

I found the code, but the arc lient tells me that it's invalid :/
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Been over it with a fine tooth comb, no idea where the code is this time, have they all been redeemed?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Are the codes all gone? Combed through the blog and nothing for me.

Edit: Nevermind.. found it, and one of the letters resembles another.

That's what I thought... Though I copy and pasted directly, so I can't
    see how it tells me I have the wrong code... unless the blog has a typo
    in the code?
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gonalius wrote: »
    This one grants the 'Spell Saboteur' title. The first ones granted some other title.

I already had that title.. haven't seen anything in-game, so maybe that explains it but shortly after redeeming the code I got a message on Arc, granting me access to the Preview and Owlbear servers, with the option to copy my characters to them.
  • Options
    haerviuhaerviu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I tried typing the code, wouldn't work. I had to copy/paste to make it go. I got a message that I 'had mail', but see nothing in game. Thought I'd missed something, but apparently I got whatever with the last code I entered. I don't remember what that might have been though.
  • Options
    qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also made copy/paste of the code, no whitespaces around it like CR/LF or <space> or <tab>.

Nevertheless, the ARC client claims that "this code is invalid".

Which might be true if my RAM is higly corrupted. I rather think the error message is an error.
    It should be either:
    * the key you entered is no longer valid
    or, also likely
    * you already claimed the product associated with this key
    (if the item or title in question is reused)

But the WRONG error message that I did not type the key correctly makes me hate this ARC stuff! Very, very frustrating!

To top it of, there are 3 "formats" that are being displayed by the client,
    and NONE of them is supported by this BUGFEST of a client any more!
  • Options
    landerhilanderhi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've copied and pasted, typed it in, but i'm getting the bloody invalid bit on arc as well.