test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Preview: Celebration of Lliira

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited July 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Everyone,

Check out our latest event preview as we give you a sneak peek of the return of Celebration of Lliira.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6002083-event-preview%3A-celebration-of-lliira

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hope thats not all the rewards we can get.

they seem a bit lackluster compared to the other events we've had. Even compared to the CTA events.

Though Im glad things were changed around a bit this year.
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For God's Sake please Change the rewards Please !
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A.k.a. "the event with fugliest mask possible and the dyes that nobody uses" :P

Oh well, at least we can complete the achievements if we missed out on them last year.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah this is the runt of the litter as far as events go , at least there are more rewards than last year , that's the only good thing to say about it this year xD .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BBQ Meat Potion – New to this year’s event, this piece of smoky protein will heal you for a small amount, but will cleanse any harmful debuffs.

Lliira’s Bell – the melodic ring of Lliira’s bell will fully heal your companion and will also grant 10 seconds of immunity to your companion, even if they are unconscious.

Favored of Lliira – for those who seek to unlock Achievements will be able to unlock “Favored of Lliira” by completing three daily quests during the event.

These three are pretty useful. Other thing are a total trash....but dyes are good to collect also.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That dumb mask...

I'd get more excited over
    seal_mask_demo_large.1bc333df4fc072ba53790ebe0b436d56d51e8fea.png
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah this is the runt of the litter as far as events go , at least there are more rewards than last year , that's the only good thing to say about it this year xD .

I dunno about that - having to chase down illusionists for the Masquerade event is a real PITA. Still, the red, blue, and yellow/gold make for a weird combination. I really wish we could change the order that the colors are applied. Still, the Lliira's dye kit can be nice if you apply another single color afterward - like black to tone it down a little.

Too bad it's not red, white, & blue...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I dunno about that - having to chase down illusionists for the Masquerade event is a real PITA. Still, the red, blue, and yellow/gold make for a weird combination. I really wish we could change the order that the colors are applied. Still, the Lliira's dye kit can be nice if you apply another single color afterward - like black to tone it down a little.

Too bad it's not red, white, & blue...

I must admit I didn't really participate in the Halloween 'event' because I had just started a new job and was trying to make a good impression doing lots of hours , glad I missed it now xD although if it was that bad I hope they improve it for next year , every mmo I have ever played has made a big effort for Halloween and it will be a shame if Neverwinter's Halloween remains crappy xD
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually really liked the halloween event. The tasks were more fun (if not annoying to get the treats in the city by the door) and the rewards were quite good.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Players can collect Professional fireworks by defeating creatures, within 7 levels, while the event is live. There can be an unlimited number of fireworks collected, provided you have the inventory space for it.

So this will significantly favour the dps classes - ty for ensuring the support classes don't get a chance with this.
    A dps plowing through classes several levels below will annihilate mobs in no seconds flat over and over. Racing far ahead anything a support class can do. So ty again for another dps favoured thought process - yet again
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    Players can collect Professional fireworks by defeating creatures, within 7 levels, while the event is live. There can be an unlimited number of fireworks collected, provided you have the inventory space for it.

So this will significantly favour the dps classes - ty for ensuring the support classes don't get a chance with this.
    A dps plowing through classes several levels below will annihilate mobs in no seconds flat over and over. Racing far ahead anything a support class can do. So ty again for another dps favoured thought process - yet again

On the Tymoras gift event I think there was a cooldown added between drops to prevent dps players getting an unfair advantage , there will probably be a similar cooldown between drops here too.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On the Tymoras gift event I think there was a cooldown added between drops to prevent dps players getting an unfair advantage , there will probably be a similar cooldown between drops here too.
    No offense, but I don't agree with so called "unfair advantage".

Advantage is advantage. There is no "unfair advantage". Every class has its own unique ability. Some classes are just performing better than other classes in some contents. The "unfair" thing doesn't exist.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No offense, but I don't agree with so called "unfair advantage".

Advantage is advantage. There is no "unfair advantage". Every class has its own unique ability. Some classes are just performing better than other classes in some contents. The "unfair" thing doesn't exist.

I never said they have a unfair advantage , I main a CW myself xD , the dude I quoted was complaining about dps having a unfair advantage , I was just telling him about the cooldown between drops XD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I never said they have a unfair advantage , I main a CW myself xD , the dude I quoted was complaining about dps having a unfair advantage , I was just telling him about the cooldown between drops XD
    Not sure if my understanding is wrong, but you said "...to prevent dps players getting an unfair advantage..." That sentence means dps players are able to achieve "unfair advantage" (which doesn't exist).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if my understanding is wrong, but you said "...to prevent dps players getting an unfair advantage..." That means you think dps players is able to achieve so called "unfair advantage".

Yes ,it is just a misunderstanding , I certainly don't agree with the actual mechanic although I guess I understand why it is there , just to explain below.

The guy I quoted said dps get a unfair advantage , I was explaining to him that a mechanic has been put in place to prevent dps getting a unfair advantage , the context is completely different since I was explaining a mechanic and the reason it was put in place .

Or to put another way a cooldown was put in place between event drops to prevent dps or players who kill fast getting an unfair advantage , that wasn't my choice and just because I explain a mechanic and the reason it was added doesn't mean I agree with it .

Why how would you have explained the cooldown between event drops and the reason it was put in place? xD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The guy I quoted said dps get a unfair advantage , I was explaining to him that a mechanic has been put in place to prevent dps getting a unfair advantage , the context is completely different since I was explaining a mechanic and the reason it was put in place O_o

Or to put another way a cooldown was put in place between event drops to prevent dps or players who kill fast getting an unfair advantage , that wasn't my choice and just because I explain a mechanic and the reason it was added doesn't mean I agree with it .

Why how would you have explained the cooldown between event drops and the reason it was put in place? xD
    I see. English is not my main language, after all. Sorry for having a problem understanding what you were trying to convey.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if my understanding is wrong, but you said "...to prevent dps players getting an unfair advantage..." That sentence means dps players are able to achieve "unfair advantage" (which doesn't exist).

except that CW can kill a bunch in 1 hit i play a cw and love that but it is unfair
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited July 2014
    If this kind of event's still going down people will just ignore them...
    That rewards looks more like some random objects to fill your inventory with... ¬¬
    Seriously, i'm going to keep trying the Warlock on the preview server or going to GG with my GWF... I think its more useful...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    except that CW can kill a bunch in 1 hit i play a cw and love that but it is unfair
    AOE is controller's class feature. As mentioned before, that isn't unfair.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really liked better how first Lliira event looked like. You just had to pop out the firework, got dye and some tokens.

Now I see people changing zones to make sure they will have 1rst place, drop over 100 or 200 fireworks from mobs (long live the bots), so that it is not even incentive for the rest to compete. And amount of tokens is just too low.

It was underlined during last CtA that not everyone has time to spent it in front of computer. Please don't forsake gamers who have work to attend to. We are people, too and would love to fully enjoy NWO. But having the choice between competing with bots for event reward and playing warlock on preview, I'd go for t he latter.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2014
    I liked the last Lliira's event better, as well, but this is still fun.

How many tokens do players get for the top three spots? I had heard three. I won two once, in 5th place, I think...I could be wrong. I only have 9 or so tokens, on two different characters. Three tokens could be earned by doing the event every half hour, three times in a row with 5 fireworks each. What is the point of gathering hundreds?
  • Options
    guzwarguzwar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If this kind of event's still going down people will just ignore them...
    That rewards looks more like some random objects to fill your inventory with... ¬¬
    Seriously, i'm going to keep trying the Warlock on the preview server or going to GG with my GWF... I think its more useful...

Lliira's Surprise Coupon is a great reward, as it gives you a random discount on zen store items, from 15 to 40%. Damned if I know how I got it, though...

EDIT: oh right, the daily. Doesn't explain how I got a Companion Discount coupon without opening it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm losing my mind with this one. Log in every 20 minutes. People are starting to wonder what is wrong with me now.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    berylgreen wrote: »
    I liked the last Lliira's event better, as well, but this is still fun.

How many tokens do players get for the top three spots? I had heard three. I won two once, in 5th place, I think...I could be wrong. I only have 9 or so tokens, on two different characters. Three tokens could be earned by doing the event every half hour, three times in a row with 5 fireworks each. What is the point of gathering hundreds?
    You get 3 tokens for 1st Place
    You get 2 tokens for 2nd Place
    and 1 token for 3rd and below.
    You can get 2 more tokens by talking to Llira's priestess and taking on the Quest, but there is a cooldown of hours before you can run the quest again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2014
    I figured it out, thanks. 3 tokens for Gold, 2 for Silver, 1 for Copper. 5th place is in the Silver category. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bloody terrible. Makes me look forward to the next CTA, and I hate that never-ending skirmish....
  • Options
    martydapartymartydaparty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Bloody terrible. Makes me look forward to the next CTA, and I hate that never-ending skirmish....

Worse event yet! Way to boring and takes alot of time for junk rewards. Makes me feel like a kindergarner running around playing tag fun many years ago but not now.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im typially really patient and enthusiastic about events. but the events lately have REALLY
    gone down hill. before youd have dailies..box drops....repeatable events..some combat.
    OR a skirmish. but latly the dailis are do the repeatable event/skirmish. this is lazy very lazy.

as far as kindigarden games id equate it more to musical chairs where some people have thier feet
    tied together. the number of times that someone zoomes in on a horse after i clicked and magicly
    gethe the firework is high.

also area events should ONLY be ablout what people can collect in the 10 minutes. otherwize its really just a matter of logging into a zone that somone else hasnt put down 100 coins already. aoe has no real advantage because sure they can gather 100 fireworks really fast log into a zone plop them down and still get 1 coin cause 5 other people show up after them and beat them because they droped down 200 fireworks.

heck the most efficent way to make stars is just stand there on stage drop 5 fireworks then gather 5 more for next event getting 1 star every half hour. as opposed to actually playing the game... having fun...doing IWD dailies.. playing foundries... gong on raids for 2 hours. then showing up wit 100 fireworks waiting 20 minutes cause you just missed the contest. dropping down your 100ish fireworks..waiting another 10 minutes... and then if your really lucky getting 2 or 3 stars .. while the people camping the stage got 4 maybe 5 if they were in a small instance.

ok ok how can we make it better....
    1. keep professional fireworks to area event only. make it if you just looted a box you wont see that box again for the rest of the 10 min event. so people don't just camp their favorite area. have a new event every 10 min so we dont have to wait around...or multible events that alternate. make the prizes for 1st and 2nd more varied than multiple coins. let 2nd drop a dye let first drop a bunch of stuff.
    2. maybe add a crafting element so people can make bbq
    3. have the combat drop crafting components and occasionally fireworks/dyes
    4. have the option to trade 100 box fireworks for a box with 1-3 coins at random
    5. the bell should be like 15 coins not 25 its an awful grind. 25 should be something like a pet or mount
    6. make the dailies do something like talk to npcs or place boxes around the enclave
    but it should be separate from repeatable because ppl will feel a need to do dailies on every character every day
    but repeatable events they will only grind on favorite and at least for me with 7 chars it takes minimum 3.5 hours
    to do dailies mostly on alts and i kept getting a bug that id get coin for the event but it would not count for daily.
    if people are playing characters they enjoy most they will like the game more

dont mix daylies with zone events or skirmishes..... its just a bad idea.

7. after event let people trade stars for medallions of battle. people hate to have excess currency left over
    so having something we can buy with 1 coin helps.

8. (in responce to post after this) or they could just change the event to how it was the first year, the sky and ireworks were all done the first year. i got a bunch of dyes a few masks and a title and it didnt feel like i had to grind to get it.

this year im grinding for like 4 hours every day and ill barely get the bell. Its not so much as the prizes are bad its just the ratio of work for said prizes. Im grinding more in this event, than I did to get the shadow-wolf mount.

the additions they made to the event encourage aggressive competitive play. and discourage things that might make the game fun, exploration, crafting, teamwork, amusing Sword Coast Adventure quest, lore discovery, hopping on rooftops(haloween).

this event is much like the most complainad about parts of midsummer (flower colecting) and christmans(fishing), halloween(jackolanterns) with none of the cool and creative parts of those holidays. I am not just complaining i am trying to make suggestions that will make NW events more fun and less frusterating.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It's a fun little event for fun little prizes. If the main prize was Tyr's Battleaxe with 2500 Damage, +1500 Power, +1500 Recovery, and built in Greater Plaguefire; I would understand the complaints. But it's not, so why complain. Either enjoy the event and play it for what it is meant to be, or don't. If you don't like it then don't play it and waste your time on it. Not every event has to have fabulous prizes, some can be just for fun.

Personally I think the Devs did a decent job of it for what it is. The firework designs were well thought out, and the night time atmosphere is pretty nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's a fun little event for fun little prizes.

I'm Barack Obama, and I approve this message.....