test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scourge Warlock the new class coming in Module 4

Comments

• Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When will Invoker, Psion, Swordmage, or Bard comes out?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

maybe 2016 -2017 xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I kind of think that the dragon born will be released, due to the whole dragon theme there going for. Could be wrong but would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I thinks its great!

But:

All I can think about is 7 class types and the old 5 man dungeons
    The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sharandar dailies which makes me wanna hang myself(9 level 60's)
    I hate that this game turned into a daily grind of nothing and full of cry babies(mainly pvp area)

We need new type of content that plays in favor of the veteran players who have been here since beta. Most players I know have rolled out to other games. We have no need to stay other then make new character level to 60 then back to nothing again

10 man raids/dungeon runs with only 2 allowed of each class, randoms spawns of adds and bosses, different types of pvp capture flag guard a vip something come on guys

Main reason I have not left yet because I have spent to much money on this game to turn away but as for playing I just log on pray and do professions through gateway that's it

Please I am asking you guys and I'm sure I am not alone (most of my guild feel the same way). come up with something with the new mod4 for the vets to keep this game going. My 2 cents most will say I am wrong but its how I feel
  • Options
    sirslidessirslides Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    omg omg omg

nom nom nom

pew pew pew
  • Options
    korkomancerkorkomancer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I totaly agree with you and i only have 3 lvl 60's but even with those the daily grind is torture to the point of either not doing the dailies or doing one area per day (1 DR instance for example). Even though i really like the fact that we get new content all the time i can't help to wonder why they don't just improuve what is already there. Some good improuvements to existing content would be the ability to enter an epic dungeon without a full group and without having to go through the que, the ability to invite people in a dungeon after entering it, siege type combat (20 vs 20), more pvp modes, 10 or more man raid missions to the existing dungeons, hard mode availability if you have completed the dungeon in normal mode, etc etc. ok i qqed a lot for one day hopefully someone will hear the voice of the players and do something about the real problems of the vets instead of nerfing or overpowering the classes.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kisakee wrote: »
    cough7thcough..;)

Oh dang it....ggrrr you are right..and I didn't even run out of fingers to count that high! Normally I have to pull off my shoes to go past 10 :)
  • Options
    maral7maral7 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I must agree with bosshawk1969 on this:
    fix your in house issues with lag so that the game can be fun...
    the most amazing content in the world is still no fun to play if you rubber band and lag all the time and your enemies ignore all your damage with the lag jumps...

Rubber banding IS the most important problem here and no brand-new shiny class can hide it.

I'm really looking forward to play the new class & content, if it will be possible :D

Oh, one more thing: bring us something CHALLENGING this time... We, the betas, are really really bored of doing CN all the time. I mean, CN has a great atmosphere, but come on! MC is easy & gives trashy loot, same with VT. Kessell is sooo easy and boring.

So, basically, I hope this time you bring in more good PvE stuff, because frankly, compared to other MMOs out there, one wanna-be-epic skirmish every three months isn't something to brag about...

Loving heroic encounters though :)

I only hope my CW will be any good after August...
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maral7, rubber banding can be caused buy many things, internet connection, game servers even can be caused by vid card failing, so it may not be the game but your system and or your internet connection
  • Options
    elrick1984elrick1984 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    when is it coming out ?
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so here i am a year later where ive utterly loved playing my 1 toon... and now it sounds with the upcoming demolition of the CW powers (which by the way i spent money and time building based on the way the character was designed to be played, and now thats all basically a waste) ill either have to make another class or just quit...

my rant is simply this

if you are going to create classes... with certain abilities in mind... so be it...

YOU WILL NEVER BALANCE CLASSES IN ALL CHARACTERISTICS SO STOP TRYING!

people make their toon based on what works for their race and class.. now you basically wipe them and destroy their power and damage abilities... its utterly ridiculous....

I agree 100% with this!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014

As much as I like swordmages, hopefully not before the classes from the PHB I are added. We are still missing the Paladin.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    warlock playable on preview as of yesterday if anyone interested
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I started one this evening... Haven't gotten far yet, but it should be interesting.

Any chance of Warlocks loosing the "Henchman Hunch" though? If I'd realised that's what I was going to be doing, I'd have gone for a half-orc named Igor. ;)
  • Options
    mikethewolfman38mikethewolfman38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you've seen the leaks, the random forum posts and screens, but we're here to officially announce the Scourge Warlock and give you the first look at the newest class.

Head here to check it out: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6002833-scourge-warlock-available-in-module-4

-Dwight

For the love of God, why Warlock? We need the druid and paladin classes still! Yet another over powered and boring caster class added to the mix.
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For the love of God, why Warlock? We need the druid and paladin classes still! Yet another over powered and boring caster class added to the mix.

Druid isn't core book, or even a core power source. Need another leader type, Warlord would be nice to have.

The Warlock hunch is certainly odd, wouldn't be so bad, except your arms and legs are kinda bowed out the whole time as well.
  • Options
    stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    just buy the first time buyers pack ,its only a couple of hundred zen more and you get 1 slot with it plus a bunch of other stuff.

I am still waiting on this - i normally buy through steam but i went through Arc and used a ticket and still no joy , lesigh
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    roedelcheesyroedelcheesy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so here i am a year later where ive utterly loved playing my 1 toon... and now it sounds with the upcoming demolition of the CW powers (which by the way i spent money and time building based on the way the character was designed to be played, and now thats all basically a waste) ill either have to make another class or just quit...

my rant is simply this

if you are going to create classes... with certain abilities in mind... so be it...

YOU WILL NEVER BALANCE CLASSES IN ALL CHARACTERISTICS SO STOP TRYING!

people make their toon based on what works for their race and class.. now you basically wipe them and destroy their power and damage abilities... its utterly ridiculous....

they are simply DESTROYING the gwf's ability to do dmg to ANY ranged class, prones are the only way a gwf can attack a dodge spamming hr, get lucky with frontline surge and hopefully get to them with takedown before they dodge away. this change to prones in pvp will make hr so far ahead of every class in the game... oh but wait, they still have that hunter ranger booster pack, so they dont care as long as dim wits buy the way over-priced HR booster pack. this is simply them slapping all everyone in the face and screaming in their ears "MAKE AN HR AND BUY OUR PACK!" @ pwe : this is how you lose customers, this step #1 to killing your own game, if you dont care about us, the player base then you should not be able to have a game. to further frustrate the players, the astral diamond exchange has been unusable for over a month, and ....oh wait, they dont care about that either "free to play" ya right, more like "pay to play" its just another ploy to force people to buy zen at their exorbitant prices. $20 for 1m ad is so far above what the market value of ad is, its absolutely a joke.
  • Options
    mavleisermavleiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cosmetic changes though, can you... not make the SW so hunched when out of battle? I understand during it, but outside just doesn't mix with the other classes, all of whom are standing more or less like civilized beings - and then you have the hunching ape-like warlock. It looks... quite horrid. Just because they make unholy pacts doesn't mean mean they have to be barbarians about it.

Though if we're going that way it would be interesting to have characters just pick the way they want to stand, rather tan have it be dependent on their class. But I'm not pushing for anything there, just make the Warlock... stand. If you could, that is.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Very underwhelmed with the "Warlock", AOE's, what are they? ...
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Scourge Warlocks are powerful magic users, channeling shadowy benefactors to destroy any enemy who dares stand in their way. Scourge Warlocks focus on dealing heavy damage to isolated or grouped foes by utilizing dark magical abilities.
    Doesn't that kind of make the CW class redundant?
    And if the CW will be totally nerfed, then how can it still 'control'? I just built a CW to lv60 so now I feel utterly gutted...
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And if the CW will be totally nerfed, then how can it still 'control'? I just built a CW to lv60 so now I feel utterly gutted...

You should check out the preview subforum where you can read about all the CW changes and also read about the Warlock , you could even transfer a character over to the preview server and see the changes for yourself , the CW changes are nowhere near as brutal as they originally were.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sfdhsgjhkmsgsfdhsgjhkmsg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will not pay 1 red cent for zen anymore until you put the Paladin class in. I don't give a rip about warlocks, WoW wore me out on those. Neither will i log in to play, nor my wife because she only plays because i do/did. Paladin should have been a starter class.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Well, SW does heavy damage to isolated targets (thus, nothing to share with CW), and grouped targets (but who will group them? Either a CW or a GF/SentiGWF). It doesn't share much with CW other than both being magic users.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will not pay 1 red cent for zen anymore until you put the Paladin class in. I don't give a rip about warlocks, WoW wore me out on those. Neither will i log in to play, nor my wife because she only plays because i do/did. Paladin should have been a starter class.
    I found a dummy way over here. I believe it belongs to you.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed with the "Warlock", AOE's, what are they? ...

I'm using Dreadtheft, and um, our green fireball? I forget the name. I basically cast curse, then fireball once they are clumped together, and then finish off the stragglers with theft if needed but mostly with at wills. If the fireball is on cooldown, I start with dread theft. They both seem to work pretty well for aoe. But I'm only level 31.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Enjoy your vacation! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I have to say I like the warlock and enjoyed the preview server. The warlock never had good AOE's in the RPG anyway they were a cross between a fighter caster of a sort. Seeing as wizards do not memorize spells and 4th kind of did always with it they did a good job getting the flow of it across. But would like to loose the hunch thought but its not a deal breaker for me I will work with it, Have to say the next class will be druid as another divine class is needed, Paladin not so much as the guardian fighter is ok in that respect, I really see the paladin as a path for the guardian more than anything. But they will probably do a whole class thing anyway, would like to see a more melee combat bent for the priest as paths go but think the druid would fill thaty nicely so I will wait.

Classes I would love to see, Monk due to its a fun class for close melee and not heavily reliant on a weapon other than there fists. The barbarian I think should be a path for the great weapon fighter "who already is barbarian like" this why it would make the paladin path a great choice for the guardian. The Psion would be cool as long as it does not kill the control wizard, maybe making him a more focused controller as opposed the groups. Assassin I think would be better as a path choice again due to it over laps some of the other classes like ranger ans trickster rogue, but it might be done as a class again focusing on a single target and having a stealth option to remain unseen which would distant it from all the other classes which do not have that option. The sorcerer is on my last wanted due to its just a blaster plain and simple no control, just raw damage were the warlock is between a control wizard and sorcerer. The sorcerer would deal lots of damage and cause massive agro and would be whats known as a glass cannon, as has very little in the way of defense.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What weapons do the warlock uses?
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    What weapons do the warlock uses?

Pact blade, forgot the second hand