test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scourge Warlock the new class coming in Module 4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited August 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

We know you've seen the leaks, the random forum posts and screens, but we're here to officially announce the Scourge Warlock and give you the first look at the newest class.

Head here to check it out: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6002833-scourge-warlock-available-in-module-4

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Dwight, very exciting news!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Eldritch Blast goes PEW PEW PEW!!! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am looking forward to this, might even break down and buy extra character slot.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this, might even break down and buy extra character slot.

just buy the first time buyers pack ,its only a couple of hundred zen more and you get 1 slot with it plus a bunch of other stuff.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    just buy the first time buyers pack ,its only a couple of hundred zen more and you get 1 slot with it plus a bunch of other stuff.

Cool, I see it in the zen store on gateway, but mines glitching and not showing the contents of the pack.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
    edited July 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    Cool, I see it in the zen store on gateway, but mines glitching and not showing the contents of the pack.

Check this link out it is actually really great value just note all the stuff is bound to account and the wiki link doesn't list the character slot but the official blog does.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/First_Time_Buyer%27s_Pack

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243
  • hipnofagushipnofagus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nice class means more characters slot :) i love you are not pay to win. my class sugestion about this module theme is, can u bring the DRACONIC SORCERER ? :)
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We know you've seen the leaks, the random forum posts and screens, but we're here to officially announce the Scourge Warlock and give you the first look at the newest class.

Head here to check it out: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6002833-scourge-warlock-available-in-module-4

-Dwight
    Have waiting for that class xD cant wait to test it on preview
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hope that one come next xD even more if dragonborn comes with then xD or on this mod
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I AM looking forward to a 6th class yes! I had hoped for another and more unique (and battle friendly) healer, perhaps a druid or monk/sage type. but this will do. This brings it to 3 casters, 3 melee and a hybrid range, this is a nice balance of class choice, and I just happen to have a ready character slot ready and waiting :).

What I am NOT looking forward to is more factioning or daily quest grind. Stop with factions and daily grinds! let us run open all out, without daily madness. If you simply MUST have a faction, let those that like to sweat 20hr a day to be the first to get 100% faction and its reward do so. Let those that get to factions in steps and spurts do so without the daily log in and grind 3 quests, and then clock in to their NW "JOB" and do so the next day again and again. Grinds are just that..a..boring...plodding...grind.
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mattsacre wrote: »
    I AM looking forward to a 6th class yes!

cough7thcough..;)
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• bosshawk1969bosshawk1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the grinds are giving u something to do while you develop your character...

i still one toon... for almost a year... and im rather perturbed by what im hearing so far...

basically you are going to completely nerf gwf and cw... and yet bring in another class to make people buy more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the new class....

the one thing i admired about this game was that you could grind it out if you chose to....and enjoy playing the game....

so here i am a year later where ive utterly loved playing my 1 toon... and now it sounds with the upcoming demolition of the CW powers (which by the way i spent money and time building based on the way the character was designed to be played, and now thats all basically a waste) ill either have to make another class or just quit...

my rant is simply this

if you are going to create classes... with certain abilities in mind... so be it...

YOU WILL NEVER BALANCE CLASSES IN ALL CHARACTERISTICS SO STOP TRYING!

people make their toon based on what works for their race and class.. now you basically wipe them and destroy their power and damage abilities... its utterly ridiculous....

then you make classes like HR that have oh lets see... melee...ranged... control... healing... aoe... did i miss anything?

you have a class like "CONTROL WIZARD" yet other classes have more control ability then the CWs lol.. its pathetic...

so if you made it this far... which i doubt...

in summation haha...

if your bringing in more classes... stop doing major adjustments on the other classes... maybe minor tweaks on things that are ridiculous...like Roar... (again... a method a melee fighter has more control over someone then a control wizard lol)

i love this game, and i love my toon so yes im biased in that regard on a certain class of course... but i enjoy the game i enjoy the grind...and theres so many things you have done great in this game... but your gonna bring in more content but the last 2 modules you brought out your servers cant handle the lag and even on a broadband connection its getting ridiculous the lag....

fix your in house issues with lag so that the game can be fun...
    the most amazing content in the world is still no fun to play if you rubber band and lag all the time and your enemies ignore all your damage with the lag jumps...
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't wait! I'm hoping we can begin testing within this week.

Off-topic: The "Warlock" in the thread title seems to be misspelled as Warlork.
    edited July 2014

Yeah GC said on Twitter it'll be later this week but wouldn't commit to what day .

Yeah that's the Warlocks redneck cousin . xD
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That's the warlock paragon path limited to half-orcs who aren't very good at spelling...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    That's the warlock paragon path limited to half-orcs who aren't very good at spelling...

You win the internet today! LOL
    Seriously, that made me giggle.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Fixed that typo.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • wyval01wyval01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just out of curiosity - will both paragon paths be available right from Module 4 launch, or will it be a repeat of the Hunter/Ranger trick?

Also, is there any chance of PWE providing either a free character slot, or at least a discount to buy open slots from the Zen Market? (guess not, but one can alway hope...)
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OMFG i can't wait this is possibly the best news of the day. Time to buy that char slot woo hoo!

@bosshawk1969 cry me a river... You took good news and tried to ruin it shame on you. Get out of your closed CW box and maybe you'll be able to enjoy this games full potential.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    double post sry
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    finally.. . .
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Paragon path suggestions: Red Dragon Disciple or Pale Master.
    Would love to either get me some wings or have more control over the undead.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a feeling the Demon Path will be the first one - my second choice would be the fey contract path.

A Couple of questions off the top of my head:

Will there be a new pack like Feywild or even that HR thing (didn't like the HR one, hoping more for the one like Feywild)?

Will there be a retro fit of Warlock weapons in the boxes the Mulhorand came from (for those of us who kept a few sealed just for stuff like this)?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a feeling the Demon Path will be the first one - my second choice would be the fey contract path.

A Couple of questions off the top of my head:

Will there be a new pack like Feywild or even that HR thing (didn't like the HR one, hoping more for the one like Feywild)?

Will there be a retro fit of Warlock weapons in the boxes the Mulhorand came from (for those of us who kept a few sealed just for stuff like this)?

I have a Mulhorand cloak stashed away in anticipation of the Warlock. I'd gladly invest in some keys to open some of the lockboxes that gave Mulhorand items, if they could drop Warlock gear. I can only assume that the Hero of the North pack will have to be updated to grant a Warlock weapon as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's great news and I'm looking forward to playing this class. Any idea when it will come to the preview server for testing out?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we have new dragonborn race to use with our new warlocks then ?
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • anthotisanthotis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What weapon does the warlock use?
    edited July 2014
    anthotis wrote: »
    What weapon does the warlock use?

Probably pact blade ,if not that then rod or wand.
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Probably pact blade ,if not that then rod or wand.

Pact blade looks better. File:4e_dragonborn.jpg
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
    edited July 2014