test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone notice that each class has a behavior of its own?

xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I'm talking about the players of each class in general, Not sure if it's only me but I've noticed this:

Control Wizard players: Always straight to the point, competitive (Especially with eachother), wanting to top DPS charts (Which won't happen anymore in mod4, RIP CW's )

Guardian Fighters: Generally the nicest players, no joke. It's rare that I meet a GF flamer/"Meanie". They're also the best revivers ever, true story.

Trickster Rogues: Arrogant and trash talkers (Especially in PVP). Chatty and nice in PVE since they're underdogs now and need a place in party ye?

Great Weapon Fighters: Similar to Rogues, but a different kind of arrogance, they have that mighty/unstoppable vibe that makes them think they are invincible in all aspects of this game. Which will be toned down in mod4. They're also the most humorous I've noticed.

Hunter Rangers: Quiet, not talkative at all. Most rangers on my friends list are "People of few words"

Devoted Clerics: They act like know-it-all's. While still remaining selfless and somewhat nice.

Of course this might be a generalization on my part, but this is what I've personally noticed after a year of playing. No flame wars please, it's not the intention of this thread, this is just an observation thread and I want to hear other observations. Not sure if this belongs to Moonstone Mask, if so, a mod can move it np.
Post edited by xplmao2 on

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You may be onto something there
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    You may be onto something there

Yup, allow me to give a few examples.

1) CW's: Was with two CW's in Frozen Heart. We were battling a bunch of mobs. CW #2 was losing to CW#1 in DPS. CW #2 abandons the mobs we were fighting and advances further to gather his own mobs and DPS them. Needless to say, he skyrocketted to the top DPS chart.

2) GF's: Ever notice that most classes won't revive you/continue fighting? (Talking about PVP here). But when a Guardian Fighter is near. 90% of the time he/she will bullcharge/frontline your assaulter and pummel him away, then quickly revive you.

3) TR's: Take the top PVP rogues and they're most likely elitists due to the prowess of perma stealth. If you're on their side (Close friend) they'll be fun to chill with, forget if you're against them. Strict PVE rogues on the other hand (If they even exist anymore) tend to be nicer I've noticed. And can hold a conversation for very long.

4) GWF's: Always ask for 1v1's when a team gives up in PVP, because they know they will win 95% of the time. Also, the funniest guy in your friend's list is most likely a GWF. I could be wrong though

5) HR's: Like I said, not talkative. "Hi" "hey" "What's up?" "nm" "Wanna PVP?" "sure". Then I'd invite this HR to PVP and he wouldn't say a single word the entire session

6) DC's: Most clerics are well-spoken and use decent grammar, they have a hipster-ish tone (unintentionally). But most DC's will gladly help for a dungeon if you ask, most of the time.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...thats really..
    strangely.. very.. accurate from my observations as well.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ...thats really..
    strangely.. very.. accurate from my observations as well.

Hehe :D

/10char
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, 100% true, when I'm using my GF I feel like it's my job to be Tanky and to protect and revive the ones who are able to DPS/Kill, at least that's what I feel about my role. Also with the HRs I feel what you say it's true, I have a HR and I'm a man of few words, and those are my 2 characters.

Very accurate :).
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have one of each with plans to get a Warlock as well. :eek:
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    I'm talking about the players of each class in general, Not sure if it's only me but I've noticed this:
    RIP CW's
    lol nope, they will just become something to correspond their name.
    Arrogant and trash talkers (Especially in PVP). Chatty and nice in PVE since they're underdogs now and need a place in party ye?
    They are arrogant and trash talkers in PvP because CWs and GWFs harrass them in PvE and never take for top dungeons unless they are friends or guildies. I admit, I am one of those, especially when I back from my job and somebody annoys me to hell xD

Agreed though.
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quite true on the GWF. ;)

As for TR, I think I fall under the non-elite, non-perm stealth rogue and died a lots in PvP. :p And I dislike arrogant and trash talking. In additional, I seldom talk during PvP.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Snip:
    Great Weapon Fighters: Similar to Rogues, but a different kind of arrogance, they have that mighty/unstoppable vibe that makes them think they are invincible in all aspects of this game. Which will be toned down in mod4. They're also the most humorous I've noticed.
    :Snip

I must be an exception to this, as I don't consider my GWF to be invincible at all.
    I got my *** handed to me yesterday by the Rhyme Wolf Boss and company,
    so went back in and got done in again.
    Gave up after the 4th try, nearly had him but the adds lol, oh the adds. :(

This is just one example of things I just get wiped on,
    I get killed more often than alive at times, but its all good fun. :D

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's strange, but it makes no sense to me. I have all classes, and I know a lot of players do. I never talk trash in PvP on any of my characters, including my TR. I revive team mates or players that aren't in my party in Heroic Encounters with every one of my characters. I try to top the dmg chart on every one of my characters, including DC and GF. It's my own personality that dictates my behavior, not the class I am playing. My class only dictates what my role in the party. If I play my TR I'm not gonna suddenly become an arrogant a-hole, or become the nice caring person, just because I play my GF? If you're the tank of the group, of course you're gonna take agro and protect the party - it is your job. Just as it's the DC's job to heal and buff. I have seen arrogant players in every class, just like I've seen nice players. The biggest a-hole I've partied with was a GF, by the way.
    These are just your preconceived ideas of what a certain class acts like, but you forget that behind those characters are real people.
    I will not lie - when I see a DC, I expect him/her to be nice, but you know what? They sometimes aren't.

kirkcaldy, add me in game and I will help you finish the Rhyme Hound or any other quest you need. My handle is @Khimmmeh
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OMG I'm a TR!

~

Contrast to today's horoscope though, I don't trash talk. I like to diffuse such situations than create them. I'm comical when in a good mood, and very hard to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off. But if somebody manage to get me started, I don't become the nicest person.

~

In my defense, I like PvE content :D
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Control Wizard players: Always straight to the point, competitive (Especially with eachother), wanting to top DPS charts (Which won't happen anymore in mod4, RIP CW's )

Guardian Fighters: Generally the nicest players, no joke. It's rare that I meet a GF flamer/"Meanie". They're also the best revivers ever, true story.

Trickster Rogues: Arrogant and trash talkers (Especially in PVP). Chatty and nice in PVE since they're underdogs now and need a place in party ye?

Hunter Rangers: Quiet, not talkative at all. Most rangers on my friends list are "People of few words"

Devoted Clerics: They act like know-it-all's. While still remaining selfless and somewhat nice.

Of course this might be a generalization on my part, but this is what I've personally noticed after a year of playing. No flame wars please, it's not the intention of this thread, this is just an observation thread and I want to hear other observations. Not sure if this belongs to Moonstone Mask, if so, a mod can move it np.

Seems to be quite accurate.

That being said, in my gameplay experience(played since open beta), I've come across all sorts of attitudes across all classes. I've seen know it all GFs, who don't try to help others out. Despite the game being over a year old now, I STILL find GFs that refuse to mark at all. Not disagreeing, just saying the "behaviors " are general.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, allow me to give a few examples.

1) CW's: Was with two CW's in Frozen Heart. We were battling a bunch of mobs. CW #2 was losing to CW#1 in DPS. CW #2 abandons the mobs we were fighting and advances further to gather his own mobs and DPS them. Needless to say, he skyrocketted to the top DPS chart.

CW's do so much damage they become demi gods in pve, most of them can do this and survive it also...Probably why they are being toned down~
    2) GF's: Ever notice that most classes won't revive you/continue fighting? (Talking about PVP here). But when a Guardian Fighter is near. 90% of the time he/she will bullcharge/frontline your assaulter and pummel him away, then quickly revive you.

GFs really cannot assist as much as other classes can, we have very poor mobility, no ranged abilities, nothing that can be used beyond our own 20yard radius, add to that once in combat we sand and wait forever to mount up while everyone runs away, sprints etc. So yea if a GF sees someone that could help him out and keep him alive he raises him! Other classes running into a melee to raise you like CW would just be suicide...

3) TR's: Take the top PVP rogues and they're most likely elitists due to the prowess of perma stealth. If you're on their side (Close friend) they'll be fun to chill with, forget if you're against them. Strict PVE rogues on the other hand (If they even exist anymore) tend to be nicer I've noticed. And can hold a conversation for very long.

TR's are definitely arrogant, almost all of them act as if they are scorned and tell you how hard it is to throw blades at you until you're 50% health while invisible...

4) GWF's: Always ask for 1v1's when a team gives up in PVP, because they know they will win 95% of the time. Also, the funniest guy in your friend's list is most likely a GWF. I could be wrong though

Most arrogant, self indulging, elitist pieces of ___________ I've seen since the Inception of Death Knights in WOTLK running around as Overlords!, I've not spoken to a GWF I like, every one of them act like they're amazingly skilled!

5) HR's: Like I said, not talkative. "Hi" "hey" "What's up?" "nm" "Wanna PVP?" "sure". Then I'd invite this HR to PVP and he wouldn't say a single word the entire session

This seems true, as they are pretty quiet almost at one with Nature like Druids...

6) DC's: Most clerics are well-spoken and use decent grammar, they have a hipster-ish tone (unintentionally). But most DC's will gladly help for a dungeon if you ask, most of the time.

DC's are more helpful, pretty much in the same class as GF
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014

:Snip

Most arrogant, self indulging, elitist pieces of ___________ I've seen since the Inception of Death Knights in WOTLK running around as Overlords!, I've not spoken to a GWF I like, every one of them act like they're amazingly skilled! :Snip

Hehe, its a bit impossible to pretend to be a God,
    when your main GWF only has Blues and a Green companion. :D
    I don't Party or PVP, only PVE on my own
    and I only play for fun, not to try to impress anyone. :)

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TR's are definitely arrogant, almost all of them act as if they are scorned and tell you how hard it is to throw blades at you until you're 50% health while invisible...

Most arrogant, self indulging, elitist pieces of ___________ I've seen since the Inception of Death Knights in WOTLK running around as Overlords!, I've not spoken to a GWF I like, every one of them act like they're amazingly skilled!

That is the most indiscriminate, inappropriate, uncalled for comment I've read from a GF. Here I thought GF were the most well-mannered bunch whom we should all make an example of. Turns out that's a generalization also. Let's just say "America please explode off the side of the planet because one of your many billion citizens might be a serial killer."

/sarcasm off
    edited July 2014
    Truth hurts!

• ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is something in it. I don't know if it is more because certain classes attract certain personalities, or the class influence players, probably a bit of both.
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see the potential for a webcomic...
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe we are playing other game cause most of CW and GF are very complexed since they get killed all the time by me. Well i don't think tr are arrogant nor trash talking on pvp they are just too busy killing others. Well on pve DC are very arrogant and they act like the team depend from them(well the reason i made DC of my own cause i was fed with those noobs who can't heal and they think everyone will praise them cause they can heal). Well about gwf all true most of them buy super gear and think they are pro because their class is easy to play and insane dmg. I can't tell more since i don't run with randoms for some time now. Since module 2 came most pug are totally without skills they just have gear and they take to party same people as they are-total noobs with bought gear. In module 1 players had more skills and lower gear and because of that most instances were done easly.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its probably because almost everyone is a GWF when it comes to pvp. But they are the biggest taunters.

If you run away from a gwf they will almost always call you a coward. And i second that 1v1 requesting lol.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I've extensively played HR/TR. Seems about right. I tend to keep to myself a lot, but I'll have moments when I'll get into the trash talking and be very arrogant quite a bit under certain circumstances.

They all seem pretty accurate, but of course there are exceptions and of course people wouldn't want to admit to any of the unappealing attributes :P.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I've extensively played HR/TR. Seems about right. I tend to keep to myself a lot, but I'll have moments when I'll get into the trash talking quite a bit under certain circumstances.

They all seem pretty accurate, but of course there are exceptions and of course people wouldn't want to admit to any of the unappealing attributes :P.

So people playing multiple classes, are basically admitting to a bipolar disorder per your condemnation. :p

I dont think so.

What I claim, is you start seeing peoples natural inclination of personality when hidden via the world of the internet. You see arrogant jerks , mouth spewing hatred, which they wouldn't do in front of people, let them hide and you see the result.

I did see one of the weirdest players recently, every match I saw him in, he would say "any ladies here, hello any ladies, he would say that like ten times, then the rest of the match would call out someone like " Why you do that, why not talk to me, why do you ignore me... " Just weird.. LOL.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have at least one of every class. I can see some truths on the generalizations. I am either suffering from a multiple personality disorder or I am taking over the personality of the class in which I play lol. I like to help no matter what class I am at the moment, but I do feel more confident to run solo dungeons solo as a GWF than a DC. Even as a CW I tend to get cocky with how I roll until the mobs/bosses put me back in my place :D The skills and abilities of the classes tend to moulde what type of player the individual is, or at least bring that psychosis out in how they play.
  • spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I play GF/TR.If i see someone the need reviving i do it.I find it easier to revive ppl on my TR because of stealth.If the other team starts trash talking I'll do it back or if someone on the team say something bad about a teammate/team who is doing there best I'll def. them.I do know a lot of ppl trash talk to make ppl mad so they stop playing good.To make them go for them and not cap or stay with team.I've seen some GWF that where nice and not arrogance.

But most ppl pick a class that matches there personality.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, no.

I play everything. I play TRs the most.

I basically act like myself. I mostly try to be helpful, but sometimes I get exasperated and impatient.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's odd. I play TR the most, but because I play DC, TR, CW, and GF, I tend be in the same place for all of them: I'm not a team player, never have been, and I can't seem to wrap my head around team tactics, but I'm rarely called arrogant, and I've actually made friends from both my pvp teams and the enemy while kicking their ***.

From the proscribed list, I fall into DC the most, even though I haven't mained a DC in over half a year.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I usually end up playing most classes in any mmo, but my first is always healers.. this game version of a healer is a DC, which isnt a healer really, its like a utility buffer honestly, with some healing skills.

I want a green bar staring healer, but then again they have no content that needs one, so it really doesnt matter.

I mean death defying, time calculating , running for your life situations, where one wrong move from the healing class will destroy the run.. and a true symbiosis between tank and healer.

But while they dont have that, Ill have fun with the classes still and wait for a MMO I can get my mind around and have fun with this one still.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Haha. I noticed that my attitude does in fact change slightly based on the class(have at least one 60 of every class) I played. Mind you, I do the same thing when playing other games like SWTOR, LoL, etc.
    I feel like the playstyle of the character/class indirectly influences how I portray myself, at least when I'm playing, not so much when I'm just chatting in zone etc.

that said, I don't like s-talk. Prove yourself through your actions or keep quiet.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I've extensively played HR/TR. Seems about right. I tend to keep to myself a lot, but I'll have moments when I'll get into the trash talking and be very arrogant quite a bit under certain circumstances.

i admit I get and can be very rude and obnoxious,, especially when we are losing to a super premade and they wont honor ant duels!

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Uhm Trickster Rogues.

I'm one. :waves hands about:

I think sadly these stereotypes come about because some people figure if you are playing that class somehow you "have to act that way to play the class"?

Not all rogues are thieves, but all thieves can be rogues. It's like not all fingers are thumbs, but thumbs can be fingers.

Some people I figure are going to make up their minds on what they think of me by how they treat me initially, and then their opinion forms after my reaction to that. It happens.

:big shrug:

People are people.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon