test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why have a Key sale while the ZEN market is broke???

squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I know that keys always go on sale when a new lockbox drops, but then need to fix the ZEN issue. I'm tired of waiting days for my order to come through!
Post edited by squidnutts on

Comments

• dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    squidnutts wrote: »
    I know that keys always go on sale when a new lockbox drops, but then need to fix the ZEN issue. I'm tired of waiting days for my order to come through!

You ought to buy zen.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And why do you think that is broke? This benefits cryptic a lot, in fact it was wrong how it used to be, don't forget you are getting zen with AD that allow you to get items from the zen market for free (time consuming ofc). Now their strategy is like: if you don't want to wait then invest $$$.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you guys seem to be ok with the P2W tactic they are using. I don't want to invest $$$ in the game, I'm just trying to buy keys from this sale and its taking forever to get my ZEN.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't hurt the people who already hoarded ZEN for just the occasion... unless their luck sucks.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This may come as a shock but they're still a company that wants to make money. They're not going to hold off money making events just because some free2players don't want it. They also had a zen sale to inject more zen into the market which makes it less detrimental. Of course that's not to say that they shouldn't work on fixing it for the long term since if we're not careful it will be broken beyond repair or that I like their money making practices. Would you honestly not do the same thing if you were in their shoes?
    Now their strategy is like: if you don't want to wait then invest $$$.
    There was no strategy, it just happened and they had an event up to try and sort out the mess, which worked but only temporarily.
  • squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You think i wana buy keys off the AH...yea right! I would like the zen market to make a rise and help the players that only have AD to spend.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't want to invest $$$ in the game

Guess what, we are able to play this game because there are people who invest $$$ in the game.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why have a Key sale while the ZEN market is broke???

Why keep introducing highly desirable items into the game that can only be purchased with zen when the exchange is broken? it's one of two things, either #1 the person incharge of the economy is incompetent and has no idea how to manage an economy in a videogame or #2 they are doing it on purpose in order to try to force players to buy zen directly who otherwise might not. I'd go with #2 although how healthy that is for the game long term has yet to be seen.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like how everyone is talking about the zen market exchange is "broken". Its not broken, the current demand for zen is higher than the supply so of couse there will be a backlog of orders for people who want to buy zen. Raising the exchange cap won't happen and even if it did things would just get worse and the rich would become richer than they already are and eventually the new cap will be reached and we'll be right back here with people asking for the cap to be raised again. Raising the cap is a short term solution that end up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the players that don't want to pay for this game.
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Why keep introducing highly desirable items into the game that can only be purchased with zen when the exchange is broken? it's one of two things, either #1 the person incharge of the economy is incompetent and has no idea how to manage an economy in a videogame or #2 they are doing it on purpose in order to try to force players to buy zen directly who otherwise might not. I'd go with #2 although how healthy that is for the game long term has yet to be seen.

Considering the zen store costs of some items, the ad costs of some items (the seven suns ad costs for example as well as well as mount training upgrade costs), the old removing enchantment costs etc etc, I'd side on the incompetent side. However I don't really think it reasonable to expect that they should have predicted this. Hindsight is great, but the exchange was fine before it spiked a lot with the release of module 3 and of course they're going to add more stuff to the zen store. That's not to say adding more reasonable ad sinks wouldn't be a good idea, but I think it's a lot easier to judge how they could've done it now rather than back then when the exchange wasn't even near the cap. Be aware that manipulate is also partly the cause for the cap being reached. More people were learning how to exploit the exchange to make a profit before a new module and so the people were causing it to spiral towards the cap.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like how everyone is talking about the zen market exchange is "broken". Its not broken, the current demand for zen is higher than the supply so of couse there will be a backlog of orders for people who want to buy zen. Raising the exchange cap won't happen and even if it did things would just get worse and the rich would become richer than they already are and eventually the new cap will be reached and we'll be right back here with people asking for the cap to be raised again. Raising the cap is a short term solution that end up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the players that don't want to pay for this game.

Who mentioned the cap being raised before you did? the exchange is badly broken and it is being kept that way because Cryptic haven't introduced anything players want to buy with AD but they continue to add items for zen that everybody wants , there is a 3.2 million backlog in the exchange ,if that isn't broken then I don't know what is.
    edited June 2014
    Who mentioned the cap being raised before you did? the exchange is badly broken and it is being kept that way because Cryptic haven't introduced anything players want to buy with AD but they continue to add items for zen that everybody wants , there is a 3.2 million backlog in the exchange ,if that isn't broken then I don't know what is.

For some reason people like to delude themselves into thinking everything is fine just because it's still possible to get zen if you wait. What they fail to realise is that usually the exchange goes down after the module has been released. The backlog is increasing and a new module is upcoming which unless they do something will be the backlog even higher. Just because it's possible to get zen now after waiting doesn't mean that will always be the case. Though I'm not sure why he brought up the cap rise, though for zen sellers I can understand them thinking it's on the low side.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Guess what? It's not broken. It's called a free economy based on supply and demand. Step outside in the real world and learn what it is.
    Do I like the 3mil backlog? Nope. But that's how it is. Not everything you don't like is broken.

Ok simple question ,if the US or Japanese Economy was in this state would the news channels be reporting that "everything is fine" I really don't think they would ,it is completely stagnant and only getting worse by the day.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2014
    Situations like this do exist in real life economies, regarding "fixed" exchange rates and what not ... just perhaps not as severely.

I think the best thing to do is just to wait. Eventually, things will settle back to normal with the exchange and the demand for zen (hopefully), and then it would be a better time to discuss possible alternatives for future events. For now, changing anything might just make the situation worse.
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok than simple question to all, what is the solution?What would u do to make this backlog dissapear?Problem is that there arent enough ppl that buys zen and sells them for ad, yes obvious solution would be to make some more ad sinks, or is it? There were am ad sink with the egg and guess what it didnt help. There is no easy solution to this "problem", plus we players made this problem happen not cryptic.
    And this is one of many threads we only like to complain in and not give any suggestions or possible solutions, and the truth is if u want something realy bad, buy zen and get it as simple as that.It is not much to ask to spend 5-15 $ a month for the gam u like and play almost every day, plus, this is only my opinion, its common courtesy.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok simple question ,if the US or Japanese Economy was in this state would the news channels be reporting that "everything is fine" I really don't think they would ,it is completely stagnant and only getting worse by the day.

Sorry but you know what is the external debt of the USA ?! it's not repayable..
    And the US economy shrunk by more than 2%....
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2014
    Too many AD and not enough Zen; there aren't a lot of options. If you could convince everybody to mass-purchase Zen, that would fix it. If Cryptic implemented huge AD sinks, that would also fix it (but this is unlikely, the people I know hold onto their AD tighter when the game tries to get them to get rid of it). Raising the cap could also work, but that's a temporary fix of sorts.

Honestly, I believe sitting this out is best. It's not, perhaps, the ideal solution, but in the long run the high demand will go back down, and in theory more people will begin to buy zen themselves.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hetz000 wrote: »
    Ok than simple question to all, what is the solution?What would u do to make this backlog dissapear?Problem is that there arent enough ppl that buys zen and sells them for ad, yes obvious solution would be to make some more ad sinks, or is it? There were am ad sink with the egg and guess what it didnt help. There is no easy solution to this "problem", plus we players made this problem happen not cryptic.
    And this is one of many threads we only like to complain in and not give any suggestions or possible solutions, and the truth is if u want something realy bad, buy zen and get it as simple as that.It is not much to ask to spend 5-15 $ a month for the gam u like and play almost every day, plus, this is only my opinion, its common courtesy.

Well, nerfing classes to the ground and driving away people who've invested greatly into them doesn't help the whole spend $$$ thing either.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the zen exchange does seem to be broken. There are definitly listings, but they do not seem to even show.
    Tested it a coupel fo times, where someone I know posted up thier offer, and after a couple of hours, they didnt receive any buys and I couldnt even see it in the list. Quite a few people have tried this and I've not seen one.
    edited June 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Well, nerfing classes to the ground and driving away people who've invested greatly into them doesn't help the whole spend $$$ thing either.

OK i must admit im not a fan of nerfing in general, but its another problem and another disscusion, and i think not that many players will leave because CW got nerfed(or stop paying for that matter).
    edited June 2014
    the zen exchange does seem to be broken. There are definitly listings, but they do not seem to even show.
    Tested it a coupel fo times, where someone I know posted up thier offer, and after a couple of hours, they didnt receive any buys and I couldnt even see it in the list. Quite a few people have tried this and I've not seen one.
    There are no listings because whan u post to sell zen it is instantly sold to many ppl,there is a 3.something million demand on zen at price of 500 ad.There is much less zen sold and therefore no listings.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    do u have honestly not guess the reason for current zen ad market , wow its fault of both players and cryptic .
    1>cryptic isnt introducing valuable AD sink like chicken and cockatrice regularly but since its favorable to them then they dont have any problem.
    2>players are ok to buy things off AH which are available in zen store however high there value is in AH like companion , keys etc .
    the players who buy companion from zen and sell in AH reap a profit of near about 50k-100k.
    3>players have made too many toons just to farm ad from daily rough ad refining which they all want to invest from AD.
    4>this is my favorite , u guys just think the company should give u zen as soon as u want for free while u guys dont use ur brains, every1 knows zen market is unstable and instead of saving it u guys buy zen then buy companion or keys sell it of AH then make profit and want to buy zen fast so u can make more profit , but u cant buy and start whinning here which absolutely ridiculous.
    edited June 2014
    hetz000 wrote: »

The egg managed to completely remove the backlog, however it just went up when it wasn't available anymore. If they made the flawless sapphires a reasonable price and did something about the bots then we'd actually have a pretty good ad suck. However cryptic aren't very good with pricing anything at all and the bots are actually the ones that give rp at a somewhat reasonable rate depending on demand. For example stacks of rank 5s would need to be over 600k for them to not be as good as flawless sapphires. They've been as low as 45k per stack and as high as 220k on module release and of course thats not the only item to provide rp.

If cryptic were smart they could have a stable economy but they're not. If players weren't manipulative only wanting what's best for themselves then the economy could also be stable. Either side could give us a working economy.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i can only answer why there are zen discounts :D
    because it raises the value of 1 zen to more then the 500 ad max.
    so people will buy faster ;p
    and with that hoping the zen gets filled for all other players who don`t want to buy.
    because sometimes zen is handy for all ;p
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    This is why I keep saying some players lack perspective.

Cryptic wants you to buy zen using real money. If you continually use your diamonds to add to the millions of backlogged of zen requests in the ZAX, Cryptic does not earn anything.

You become an expense. It costs cryptic money to keep you. Put that in your head. I'll repeat it again, it costs cryptic money to keep you. If you leave today, Cryptic would earn money.

Do you get it now?
    edited June 2014
    This is why I keep saying some players lack perspective.

Cryptic wants you to buy zen using real money. If you continually use your diamonds to add to the millions of backlogged of zen requests in the ZAX, Cryptic does not earn anything.

You become an expense. It costs cryptic money to keep you. Put that in your head. I'll repeat it again, it costs cryptic money to keep you. If you leave today, Cryptic would earn money.

Do you get it now?

Except that zen must come from somewhere, ie paying customers. So no it's not that simple. As for having a high cap being beneficial to cryptic I'm not sure we can say. With a lower exchange rate they have to sell more zen to get the same amount of AD. With it being backlogged impatient people may be more inclined to spend money instead. They may also get frustrated as the wrecked exchange so it's not really straightforward.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Except that zen must come from somewhere, ie paying customers. So no it's not that simple. As for having a high cap being beneficial to cryptic I'm not sure we can say. With a lower exchange rate they have to sell more zen to get the same amount of AD. With it being backlogged impatient people may be more inclined to spend money instead. They may also get frustrated as the wrecked exchange so it's not really straightforward.

I already stated in my previous post that there are tons and tons of backlogged zen purchase requests. So it really isn't affecting the paying customers that much. They still sell their zen, it just isn't apparent because as orders are filled, more zen requests are put up.

Who exactly will be frustrated? I don't know how it will frustrate the people buying zen from PWE. I can see it frustrating the people who will add more zen purchase requests to the already enormous amount.

I stand by my point,

"Cryptic wants you to buy zen using real money. If you continually use your diamonds to add to the millions of backlogged of zen requests in the ZAX, Cryptic does not earn anything. "

So does everyone on this thread get that in their heads now?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Simple solution, make keys and wards BoP. Problem solved. Don't feed the whales.

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Do you get it now?

I hate to disagree with you because usually you have a point of view that I share but on this I have to disagree , have you ever played a F2P game where all the free players have left? ,I have , it isn't a very enjoyable environment , the game was called Kitsu saga it was hosted by Aeria and they did pretty much the same thing with their economy , Aeria continued to host the game for 7 months after PMTactics wrecked the economy then Aeria ditched the game with 2 weeks notice for the remaining players xD that's when I stopped playing Aeria games xD

Free players might be an expense for Cryptic but in a F2P game they are a necessary expense if you want a large , healthy and varied playerbase.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
This discussion has been closed.