test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we patch roar sooner please?

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Seriously fed up with it now.

When TR, DC and GF were bugged. It literally took a few days to patch them. Why is roar taking months and months?

When they learnt that roar was getting fixed literally everyone is abusing it now. Even worse than before.
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    A Exact, Carbon copy of this thread has already been posted and removed, Please refrain from reposting material that has already been posted.

Thank You.

Roar will be fixed during Mod 4.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    They've never been in any hurry to get the GWF right ever since it was buffed to godhood. The latest "nerfs" on the live server only resulted in - what a surprise- moar powoar.

Here's what works for me. I've been doing this ever since -not to be named- people started the hobby of trying to roar you out of the way in a PvE area:
    1. I start fraps at the start of every match
    2. Whenever I see someone roar, the video is paused.
    3. I apologize to my teammates, explaining I have better things to do than fighting bug abusers.
    4. I leave the match, compress the video, put it on youtube and report said bug abuser to support.
    5. I continue doing my daily quests. By then the leaver penalty is over.

PS:
    It's not even a roar. More like a purring kitten..

Okay but we all know reporting literally doesn't do anything.

For example my friend'd guild bank got completely robbed. And the two scammers who did it are still roaming free to this day...
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    here's the way i look at support and reporting:

the only thing i can do is report when someone is doing something they're not supposed to be doing. it is not within my responsibility to make the decision as to whether or not those people should be banned or be punished for whatever i'm reporting them for. as a matter of fact, it is completely a private matter between PWE and the individual i'm reporting so after i report it, my part is finished. i don't know if PWE contacted them, temp banned them or flagged them. it is at PWE's sole discretion as to what they are going to do following their investigation of your report. your expectations should not exceed the fact that you're reporting the individual.

but worse than having expectations would be to think that not reporting anyone at all is better than thinking reporting does absolutely nothing.

roar will be fixed soon enough. the fix is still in development.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »

the only thing i can do is report when someone is doing something they're not supposed to be doing. it is not within my responsibility to make the decision as to whether or not those people should be banned or be punished for whatever i'm reporting them for. as a matter of fact, it is completely a private matter between PWE and the individual i'm reporting so after i report it, my part is finished. i don't know if PWE contacted them, temp banned them or flagged them. it is at PWE's sole discretion as to what they are going to do following their investigation of your report. your expectations should not exceed the fact that you're reporting the individual.

but worse than having expectations would be to think that not reporting anyone at all is better than thinking reporting does absolutely nothing.

But how would you feel though, if your report absolutely did nothing and you see the same abuser right before you? It doesn't really motivate you to report more people does it? :/
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    But how would you feel though, if your report absolutely did nothing and you see the same abuser right before you? It doesn't really motivate you to report more people does it? :/

i don't know that nothing has been done. my concern isn't whether or not they got what *I* thought they deserved, but that i was able to submit a quality report on the issue.
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I guess you have a point. Although having a banned list -with or without listing the reason for being banned- could inspire people to actually report more. At the very least it shows players that their actions actually have consequences. I understand that will bring a lot of work to Customer Support or whatever department takes care of those reports, and maybe Cryptic's not waiting for it, but it might do the game some good. Sometimes a little fear of getting caught / encouragements to play fair goes a long way.

Of course they'd have to announce what's actually defined as bug abuse. Personally I'd say that anything reported and acknowledged as broken and still being used against someone else (including mobs) qualifies as bug abuse. But I don't expect Cryptic to go that far. Silence seems to be their preferred modus operandi.

It's never soon enough to fix bugs that are widely abused. It's good to hear efforts are being made to fix it. But when things go out of hand with the abuse of a bug -I consider 99% of the GWFs using it while they still can not only abuse, but almost game breaking (if only temporary) as well-, maybe it's time to completely disable the bugged skill until the fix is ready. Heck, people roar at you in PvE areas if they think you're in their way.

the respect of your privacy is important to PWE and part of their dedication to their players is to protect that privacy. even if you are violating their terms of service. so you'll never see a list of users that have been banned or punished for violations. of course, you do know that players have been banned for things, but the scope of those bans are completely unknown because it isn't PWE that's releasing that information... it's usually someone that is upset because they were banned.

PWE doesn't want to ban anyone but when it comes to serious violations, they will do what they think is necessary.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Lashing blade was patched in a few days?

Shocking execution was patched in a few days?
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Can't really blame people for using what's most effective.

However, I'd love to see it fixed sooner than later. "Roar" being messed up is one thing that almost everyone agrees on, even most GWFs (probably because they hate being Roared in Unstoppable lol).
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Reporting everyone that uses roar....kinda funny. Anywho, I don't know what needs to be done on the dev's side to fix it properly or why there would be a hold up but I can agree that sooner is better than later.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pherrow wrote: »
    Reporting everyone that uses roar....kinda funny. Anywho, I don't know what needs to be done on the dev's side to fix it properly or why there would be a hold up but I can agree that sooner is better than later.

Its fixed in preview, but they are waiting until module 4 to send it live.
    edited June 2014
    Yep, just sayin' that I don't know why it does or does not need the delay to be be live.
    edited June 2014
    But maybe all the tears and over reporting of the known issue will bring a quick fix so the cry crews can move on to the next thing.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Back playing a bit after 2 months during which i got no time to play.
    2 months ago people were complaining about OP GWF for threat rush, frontline and IV sentinels being too powerful. You fix these, they said, and everything will be all right. Destroyers were not OP. Now it is Roar that causes the GWFs to be OP, and we will have no peace until Roar is nerfed. Next will be...?

Hope Mod4 nerfs to GWFs will be enough to satisfy the crowd.
  • jerewel88jerewel88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2014
    pherrow wrote: »

Reporting everyone that uses roar? dude tell me you're joking.
    If they are developers that allow a bug like this, it would be the fault of the players?

you can not wait another month? OMG
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    2 months ago people were complaining about OP GWF for threat rush, frontline and IV sentinels being too powerful. You fix these, they said, and everything will be all right. Destroyers were not OP. Now it is Roar that causes the GWFs to be OP, and we will have no peace until Roar is nerfed. Next will be...?

Ehm, my dear, you are not the victim here. The victims are who have been sodomized in this months by gwfs.
    The **** victim has every right to whine.
  • jerewel88jerewel88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2014

No, it will not be enough yet
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    even me as gwf find roar anoying :D
    edited June 2014
    Ehm, my dear, you are not the victim here. The victims are who have been sodomized in this months by gwfs.
    The **** victim has every right to whine.

The fact that something needs a fix does not mean it's OP. The victims seem to do not have a clear idea of what they want. Cause with every module the whininh bunch point out 1-2 things that ABSOLUTELY need to be fixed and then everything will be all right. In module 2 it was IV path, threat rush, frontline and sentinel damage. They got nerfed and fixed with "cooldown" on threat rush, damage reduction on frontline, feats changes to buff destroyers and decrease sentinel damage in Mod3. Nobody ever complained about destroyers and roar. Now, Roar is the source of OPness.

Most whiners are players who never played a GWF. Most top tier PvPers pointed out multiple times that GWFs are easily cancelled if you know how to play, and that HRs and TRs are a much bigger challenge in PvP (and currently, they are).

I'd say, the "victims" seem to do not know the stuff they complain about. Now they "noticed" that Roar is a big challenge for them. SO nerf it. In Mod 4 many nerfs on GWF are coming.

My prediction: good players will find new builds and adapt, and bad players will complain about the stuff used in these new builds. May be the next will be sprint, who knows.

Since the "victim" way of thinking is "if i can't beat it, if it causes me too much trouble, it's OP. Not a chance that i may be missing/ lacking something"
    edited June 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    even me as gwf find roar anoying :D

You know it can be dodged with footwork, right? It's not a 100% sure hit. Plus, in 1 year nobody ever complained about it. People noticed just now that they have a problem with roar users.

Lol...
    edited June 2014
    You know it can be dodged with footwork, right? It's not a 100% sure hit. Plus, in 1 year nobody ever complained about it. People noticed just now that they have a problem with roar users.

Lol...

i know it very well :D
    i miss a lot with it haha.
    but i`m not using it anymore also in pvp.
    but i mean the powers that get locked out for some seconds
    it`s superanoying.
    as far as i know it doesn`t spose to do that ;p
    and also going through imune.
    in a gwf v gwf fight it`s anoying ;p because they just roar also while you re unstoppable.
    at least i would do that if using roar :)
    and others do it also.
    these aren`t balancing things, but just bugs that should have been fixed from when it`s known.
    but guess the fix isn`t there yet ?
    or not tested enough, i don`t know, can`t copy a gwf to preview because they only allow to transfer out of the first 8 chars on your account.
    kind of lame but ok.

typos, but don`t feel like editing.
    edited June 2014
    As i said, the fact that one thing must be fixed, does not mean it's OP or makes the class a OP class. It's not true. At all.
    Or, if it's true as the whiners say, why didn't they complain in the last one year?

What i'm saying is that players who complain, seem to keep complaining. No matter what devs fix, they move on and complain about another thing to nerf.
    2 months ago i left with people swearing that frontline and threat rush were the problem and needed a nerf. Now i come back and...it's Roar.

If i come back in 2 months i'll probably read the same people swearing that sprint and sentinel aegis need a nerf cause they make GWFs OP.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As i said, the fact that one thing must be fixed, does not mean it's OP or makes the class a OP class. It's not true. At all.
    Or, if it's true as the whiners say, why didn't they complain in the last one year?
    Roar as it is now contributes greatly to GWF being OP. It has multiple effects that it shouldn't have and ignores CC immunity. It's completely broken and makes PvP a joke if you have multiple bug abusers in your match.

People didn't complain about it previously because not many GWFs were using it previously. Now huge numbers are using it. Simples.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • unbahunbah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now i come back and...it's Roar.

Yup, it is. Maybe because the way it works is an acknowledged bug?
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Roar as it is now contributes greatly to GWF being OP. It has multiple effects that it shouldn't have and ignores CC immunity. It's completely broken and makes PvP a joke if you have multiple bug abusers in your match.

People didn't complain about it previously because not many GWFs were using it previously. Now huge numbers are using it. Simples.

Yup. This+1
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited June 2014
    jerewel88 wrote: »
    Reporting everyone that uses roar? dude tell me you're joking.
    If they are developers that allow a bug like this, it would be the fault of the players?

you can not wait another month? OMG

Haha, not me..dude a few posts above mine that records all uses of roar in pvp then quits the match and reports it.
    edited June 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php?page=4
    more nerfs on iv gwf and boost on swordmaster.
    i`m super sceptic and don`t know anymore how serious to take this game anymore ;p
    already had so little to do in it and just keep nerf what i liked and boost what i don`t like.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure where I read it so I won't be able to find the source but I remember a Dev saying that Roar was not going to be considered an exploit and that using it is not against the rules.

Roar is off my bar because I ain't with dat fufu lame stuff. But as soon as I see an HR with the healing set, perma-TR, or any halfling with obvious pay-to-win maxed out gear you better believe I'm throwing it back on. Fight fire with fire.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I'm not sure where I read it so I won't be able to find the source but I remember a Dev saying that Roar was not going to be considered an exploit and that using it is not against the rules.

Roar is off my bar because I ain't with dat fufu lame stuff. But as soon as I see an HR with the healing set, perma-TR, or any halfling with obvious pay-to-win maxed out gear you better believe I'm throwing it back on. Fight fire with fire.

Not a GWF but this I agree with completely. They aren't violating any rules they're playing the game just as the healing set pathfinder HR is, and the perma stealth TR is
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »

the thing is, roar is bugged in the regards that it's effects are completely different to what its tooltip says.

"Unleash a mighty battle roar in front of you, interrupting and pushing your opponents back, and building Determination for every target hit."

interrupt and push the target back. so it should work more like repel. in the aspect that it stuns you and pushes u back.

what it currently does, it pushes you back and roots you for 2 seconds. and if you are roared during the middle of a dodge, your encounters afterwards are bugged (you cant use them) until the 2seconds when you should of been rooted is over.

now, currently on the PTR the devs have a patch for this encounter, so it does what it actually says it does. so why shouldnt it go live as soon as it can?
    Don't waste my time.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not a GWF but this I agree with completely. They aren't violating any rules they're playing the game just as the healing set pathfinder HR is, and the perma stealth TR is
    Perma stealth is not the result of a bug.

HTH.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder