test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD and Auction house

valsharen88valsharen88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, i have a question about astral diamonds.
In my guild we’re usually split the dungeon’s drops. When we finish a dungeon, one of us take all the item and sell it in auction house. Then, he pass to the other members of the party their part of the AD earned by the auction house. Recently, one of my guild members passed to her boyfriend some AD and now she is banned for AD selling, but she is’nt ad AD seller. I dont want to spend any more money and time for this game, if i risk to be banned just for passing AD for splitting a drop.
Post edited by valsharen88 on

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, you cant give someone AD. There is no function to do so in the game, other than to maybe trade something that's boe and have them post it in ah, certainly nothing bannable about that. You cant transfer gold either.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The best (and really "only") way to transfer AD to another player is through the Auction House. Your case is not uncommon, people transfer to friends all the time and it's easy to do. Here's how:

Four of us, I have the AD (10000AD) - we each get 250AD. All each of you have to do is to post something silly, like a single lesser healing potion for 250AD and I will buy it. You get your AD and I can just toss the lesser healing potion. If some other fool buys it then that's icing on the cake for you.

So whatever you or she did to get a ban was obviously a real no-no.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the problem is that Cryptic is cracking down on exactly the kind of sale you're describing there, Sprite, and if they're catching a few players who are just trying to do split-loot, then all the folks with unjustified bans can do is contact customer service to dispute their case.

I'm aware that at least on guild who was doing split runs of CN farming was having their coordinator pay out in keys (which the recipient then has the option to use or sell). Might be worth considering that instead (and yes, you can buy Zen with AD as long as you place your order and wait, but split run payouts require patience anyway, no?).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • place222place222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I Have the same case too!!!

this cme from PW :

<removed>

PLEASE NEED YOUR CLARITY GM!!!

We just only transfer AD to our Friend. why we got Banned by PW?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's interesting to hear this. My guild does this regularly, we keep spreadsheets and track it very meticulously. When a high value piece of loot drops, one person gets it and sells it, then contacts the members of the party for which that item dropped and the party member "sells" some low value item to the "loot master" (a potion, or generic treasure thing, anything, doesn't matter what it is) for some specified amount based on the party members share of the drop. Yes, we lose some value for commissions, but that's the price paid for equity in CN drop sharing.

I'm very disappointed to learn this sort of activity might cause a red flag. I can see why it would... but there must be some recourse. If what I described is, in fact, against the rules, I haven't been able to find it (I would very much like to see someone "in the know" to explain to me how it would be a violation). Being banned for "gold selling" is a serious thing, gold sellers are ruining the NW economy, but what I've described here is NOT gold selling, even if it heuristically resembles it.

Is there, at least, and appeals process one could go through if this happens to them?
    edited June 2014
    Rule 3.03 - No Posting of Personal Conversations or Personal Information
    edited June 2014
    Well, in their defense, the notice is sent to someone they assume is trying to scam (that in this case, it appears the ban wasn't given appropriate doesn't matter - it's an automated message). That sounds a little bit like how I'd speak to my children when scolding them for something. "Please don't eat in my office. If you want to continue to use my computer to play games, you'll have to leave the food in the kitchen"
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Well, in their defense, the notice is sent to someone they assume is trying to scam (that in this case, it appears the ban wasn't given appropriate doesn't matter - it's an automated message). That sounds a little bit like how I'd speak to my children when scolding them for something. "Please don't eat in my office. If you want to continue to use my computer to play games, you'll have to leave the food in the kitchen"

thats not an auto message, that was cme from Customer Service PWE.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow really they ban for this?

Include AD in the Trade option then... not just gold.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Presumably they're mistaking her for an AD seller and if she contact them back she should hopefully get her account back. Hopefully they cool it off though as top guilds do this often to let all players earn and progress. Then again cryptic have also been shooting themselves in the foot over some things. I'd be furious with cryptic if they did the same to me.
    edited June 2014
    place222 wrote: »
    thats not an auto message, that was cme from Customer Service PWE.

Yes it was. It's a template. It might not have been sent "automatically" but no one manually typed that message out and sent it, uniquely, to the recipient. They have a system, and when a ban is issued, either that message is sent automatically when the ban is processed, or the person handling the ticket pushed a button and that message - pre-written as a template - was sent. Either way, it's still a canned message.
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Presumably they're mistaking her for an AD seller and if she contact them back she should hopefully get her account back. Hopefully they cool it off though as top guilds do this often to let all players earn and progress. Then again cryptic have also been shooting themselves in the foot over some things. I'd be furious with cryptic if they did the same to me.

I posed this thread to my guild site as a warning to members, and I'll also make sure my members know in game as well (since not everyone frequents the guild site). It's a darn shame this is happening, because sharing the spoils of CN runs equally is a MUCH better way than only one person getting the drop.
  • valsharen88valsharen88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, I Know the Cryptic is trying to kick out the AD seller, but all this is unfair! They're banning players for no reasons! In our case she spent a lot of money for this game. We sent a lot of e-mail to Cryptic and there's no way to have the account back; they're really dishonest with the people who paid them!
    they really think an AD seller would lose all this time to get back an account?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

. . . Because of the nature of the way certain topics have unfolded in history past as well as the pertinents laid out by the Terms of Service and in-game EULA, there are several types of topics that are not open for discussion on our forums. They are, but not limited to, the following Rules.

Rule 3.03 - No Posting of Personal Conversations or Personal Information

. . . Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

Section V - Forum Rules / Disciplinary Actions

. . . If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us. Discussions of the Rules and Forum Moderation on the Forums is not allowed.

Rule 5.02 - No Representing Banned Members
    . . . Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

Rule 5.03 - Ban Evasion is Prohibited
    . . . If your forum account is banned for a violation you may not use another account to continue posting while your account is banned. Doing so will result in additional punishments.
    edited June 2014
    <removed after seeing zeb's post. will refrain from further comment here.>
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . Sorry, I have to close this up as in its context, it violates several rules.

. . . However, I'll see what I can find out for the Community about using the AD Exchange to divvy up loot earnings. I personally do not see how this, when done in a legit manner, would be cause for banning... but I am not a Lawmaker here, I only enforce them in these parts and unfortunately, that's out of my jurisdiction. Therefore I cannot give say if it is legit to do or not in game as these are the forums.
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, my rule posting was supposed to contain a link to contact support, so here it is:

https://support.arcgames.com/app/ask/

You will need to be logged in first.

Also, Support may be reached at
    customerservice@perfectworld.com by email.

It is best to discuss with them directly about Game Infractions, as as such is not allowed here.
This discussion has been closed.