test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance- 6/23 7:30 PM PDT (Pacific) (COMPLETED)

2»

Comments

• lollernoob8lollernoob8 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I might go to the RP threads too :D
  • lordzoukpumalordzoukpuma Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So.. I was about to create my character, when the maintenance suddenly started. I was going for a Wizard.. Is that a wise choice?
    I have very poor knowledge about Neverwinther, but I've been playing WoW for 8 years, so I do have some base knowledge about the genre. But what would be the most "New-born-friendly-class" :D
  • lordzoukpumalordzoukpuma Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I will do that as soon, as I can login! :)
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Server is already live.
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So.. I was about to create my character, when the maintenance suddenly started. I was going for a Wizard.. Is that a wise choice?
    I have very poor knowledge about Neverwinther, but I've been playing WoW for 8 years, so I do have some base knowledge about the genre. But what would be the most "New-born-friendly-class" :D

If you're looking to ease into it, wizards and GWFs (Great Weapon Fighters) are very straightforward and manageable during the leveling process. Both are very sought-after classes for the post-60 content, too. And... they're fun. Way fun. (Oh, and also what Lollernoob8 said: if you want to friend me once the game's up and running, feel free.)

(Oops, thread-relevance, um... maintenance rocks! And it doesn't leave a funny odor!)
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The Great Weapons Fighter is the most New-Player-Friendly-Class at the moment. Has a decent mix of Offence and Defense, good Hit-Points, and a good Movement ability. Their Class Tab Skill, Unstoppable, is arguably, the best in the Game right now. Control Wizards have better Damage, AoE ability, and Crowd Control, but take more skill, experience, time, and effort at higher levels.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • pahkah1pahkah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    is this a memory card issue? Cuz NWN is eating up a lot of Mem on my GTX 460 2g Card & I have 8 gigs of Comp Mem & it kicks me out of the Game when thers so many people That are on, and The Lag Omg its like Crazy, Game Client crashes Like 3 times a day :(
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    (Update 4 - 8:30 PM PDT) Looks like we'll have to extend maintenance by just a bit. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Hopefully won't be extended too long. We'll keep you posted.

Dagnabbit, You need to borrow my Swiss Army nail clippers of doom?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    NWN = Neverwinter Nights
    NW or NWO = Neverwinter (Online)

:)
This discussion has been closed.