test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140610a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Hello,

A full list of today's patch notes can be found here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6001243

- Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No fix for the cockatrice xD ( awesome! ) , can any developer tell us once and for all is the active bonus on the Cockatrice WAI or do you plan to change it?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is mockery. GWF cheated roar is known issue for like month. And they make silly fixes instead of real problem. No comment for those patch notes.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • Options
    flymartynasflymartynas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No fix for HRs (?) What the heck ? They're OP at the moment, they have like 75 percent chance to heal. With pathfinder + this glitch theyre OP. And im not whinning, it's just seriously a big issue.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Redcap brew boon fix? Nice, I hope Feythistle is next. That dance-stance is quite annoying.
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My main is a GWF. Please fix this stupid Roar I can't take any more crying about my class. Thanx
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No fix for HRs (?) What the heck ? They're OP at the moment, they have like 75 percent chance to heal. With pathfinder + this glitch theyre OP. And im not whinning, it's just seriously a big issue.

A developer once said they are gonna be nerfing it to 50% chance, 1 sec internal cooldown and fixed to obey HD. When that's coming, I have no clue. It's nice though to have people crying about another class for once :)
  • Options
    flymartynasflymartynas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey, hey. Told ya im not whinning, I am stating some facts, mate. I am GWF myself, I want them to fix Roar aswell, can't take the crying over GWFs anymore aswell. (y) See? Im being objective :D
  • Options
    oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited June 2014
    This is mockery. GWF cheated roar is known issue for like month. And they make silly fixes instead of real problem. No comment for those patch notes.

You mean like you just did...
  • Options
    chrispy1nechrispy1ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How long will we have to wait to have PvP game balance impacting issues dealt with?

I'm seeing AUGUST - mod 4 for game breaking issues? REALLY?

I realize these may not be easy fixes, but if you are not one of the 3 below classes, you are at a SERIOUS disadvantage.

- GWF ROAR: Broken beyond words - and nearly spam-able with Defender build.

- HR Healing Depression: oh wait, they have none......

- TR (PERMA): my god, they can hold a cap alone vs 3 people. Remove the Bait n Switch refresh on the stealth cool-down, at least make the cool-down longer
  • Options
    vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2014
    chrispy1ne wrote: »
    How long will we have to wait to have PvP game balance impacting issues dealt with?

I'm seeing AUGUST - mod 4 for game breaking issues? REALLY?

I realize these may not be easy fixes, but if you are not one of the 3 below classes, you are at a SERIOUS disadvantage.

- GWF ROAR: Broken beyond words - and nearly spam-able with Defender build.

- HR Healing Depression: oh wait, they have none......

- TR (PERMA): my god, they can hold a cap alone vs 3 people. Remove the Bait n Switch refresh on the stealth cool-down, at least make the cool-down longer

Maybe because they can't just roll in and fix the game balanced centered around PvP, without it potentially ruining a classes purpose in PvE to oblivion (some are already on their way) ?? one hand washes the other...
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Keep complaining, folks, and eventually they'll nerf every feature of every class.
  • Options
    jpfm101jpfm101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vrist wrote: »
    Maybe because they can't just roll in and fix the game balanced centered around PvP, without it potentially ruining a classes purpose in PvE to oblivion (some are already on their way) ?? one hand washes the other...

None of the bugs referenced by him affect PVE. and TR's are already one of the least desired classes in PVE so, actually they do need some love in that department.

Currently TR's rely on perma/semi-perma builds because their damage was nerfed into oblivion, bringing it back up would actually make them move a bit away from those types of builds/playstyles. It would be fine to tweak stealth a bit though I'm of the opinion that's it's WAI and it's more of a playstyle/mechanics knowledge issue since I have no problem in finding many of the stealth relying TR's.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jpfm101 wrote: »

None of the bugs referenced by him affect PVE.

And currently TR's rely on perma/semi-perma builds because they're damage was nerfed into oblivion, bringing it back up would actually make them better [and it would be fine to tweak stealth a bit though I'm of the opinion that's it's fine and it's more of a playstyle/mechanics knowledge issue since I have no problem in finding many of the stealth relying TR's.] and more desired at PVE so, I don't really see your point......

"tweaks"..."fixes" ..."nerfs" create a catastrophe of un-replaceable events across the board when you share PvP/PvE content-
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Like I said, none of the fixes he asked for affect PVE.

Roar does more that it's intended to do, it's currently game-breaking bugged and trully needs to be addressed. It wouldn't affect the PVE side of it because It would still interrupt mobs and generate determination.

Healing Depression doesn't exist in PVE so, it' wouldn't affect PVE.

The perma/semi-perma builds are a consequence of nerfs to TR's and go even further by sacrificing a lot of damage in order to work properly in pvp so, addressing it (by buffing other aspects of TR's) would actually make them BETTER and more versatile at PVE.

I don't see your point......
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Like I said, none of the fixes he asked for affect PVE.

Roar does more that it's intended to do, it's currently game-breaking bugged and trully needs to be addressed. It wouldn't affect the PVE side of it because It would still interrupt mobs and generate determination.

Healing Depression doesn't exist in PVE so, it' wouldn't affect PVE.

The perma/semi-perma builds sacrifice a lot of damage in order to work properly so, addressing it (by buffing other aspects of TR's) would actually make them BETTER and more versatile at PVE.

I don't see your point......
    Point is those are only bias favorable wanted fixes, add theirs to the hundred other list of fix, nerfs, or so called balances on all the forums....

Roar in PvE is only a slight mitigation as it is in most circumstances, hardly game breaking in PvE, take it out entirely to appease the PvP aspect of the game, you take away a slight PvE advantage, then whats next? lets scour the forums to see what else PvPers want to take away, to add to that....Point is, the list will NEVER end... This is why highend game developers are separating PvP gear/skills from PvE when entering that respective content.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Point is those are only bias favorable wanted fixes, add theirs to the hundred other list of fix, nerfs, or so called balances on all the forums....

LoL, no, have you ever been on the recieving end of Roar? The biased view is not wanting it to get fixed....it's beyond broken <-- admitted by Devs. And currently being abused by many gwf's in pvp.
    Roar in PvE is only a slight mitigation as it is in most circumstances, hardly game breaking in PvE, take it out entirely to appease the PvP aspect of the game, you take away a slight PvE advantage, then whats next? lets scour the forums to see what else PvPers want to take away, to add to that....Point is, the list will NEVER end...

Nobody asked to remove Roar, just to fix it. If it is already (and I quote you on that) "only a slight mitigation in PVE" then, fixing it (as by removing the ~2sec silence/root (wich aren't part of it's description) wouldn't hurt PVE.

Again, I don't see you point when it comes to these changes...

This is why highend game developers are separating PvP gear/skills from PvE when entering that respective content.

Yes, indeed and that right there is the nº1 request by ALL of the community. I would completely support such balancing system.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    LoL, no, have you ever been on the recieving end of Roar? The biased view is not wanting it to get fixed....it's beyond broken.

Roar in PvE is only a slight mitigation as it is in most circumstances, hardly game breaking in PvE, take it out entirely to appease the PvP aspect of the game, you take away a slight PvE advantage, then whats next? lets scour the forums to see what else PvPers want to take away, to add to that....Point is, the list will NEVER end... This is why highend game developers are separating PvP gear/skills from PvE when entering that respective content.

Nobody asked to remove Roar, just to fix it. If it is already only (and I quote you on that) "only a slight mitiagtion" in PVE then, fixing it (as by removing the ~2sec silence/root (wich aren't part of it's description) wouldn't hurt PVE.

Again, I don't see you point....[/QUOTE]

/facepalm.....so its broke for PvP its broke for all of PvE as well? POINT is again.... what happens to "supposed balance" fixes in PvP aspect of the game in the long run starts to trickle into the PvE aspect of the game.. You're focused on one lousy skill instead of the bigger picture. They don't need to sit around and pick and prod at every little skill or, heal power, or tankable ability or whatever comes up when PvPers go into rage fest over the new OP class, they need to change the entire game mechanics where they (pvP/PvE) is entirely separate..

Then maybe a Tank can be desired a tank again in PvE, and not a unkillable block of meat in PvP....get it?
  • Options
    talldsntalldsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GWF and HR remain the OP in pvp. Hilarious!

Correction which is good for the skills these classes always leaving after ... forever after.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    /facepalm.....so its broke for PvP its broke for all of PvE as well?

Yes, it is, the difference is that mobs won't ever complain if it's broken or not. Wich it is.
    POINT is again.... what happens to "supposed balance" fixes in PvP aspect of the game in the long run starts to trickle into the PvE aspect of the game..

Indeed, and, has I have already stated, I have no objections in this regard.
    You're focused on one lousy skill instead of the bigger picture.

Yes, I am because that particular skill affects the hole pvp picture. When dueling a GWF, yes, it makes THAT BIG of a difference.
    They don't need to sit around and pick and prod at every little skill or, heal power, or tankable ability or whatever comes up when PvPers go into rage fest over the new OP class...

Roar has been broken since this game became available, it's been reported has bugged for over a year it just didn't see so much use as lately because, now, GWF's are manageable when they don't use it (not trying to decredit whoever plays a GWF, I play one and there are many that don't rely on Roar to be successfull). So, you can't really say that they didn't have time to look into the skill.
    ...they need to change the entire game mechanics where they (pvP/PvE) is entirely separate..

Then maybe a Tank can be desired a tank again in PvE, and not a unkillable block of meat in PvP....get it?

Indeed, and that is a much bigger game design problem, that also needs to be adressed however, it doesn't invalidate the fact that, sometimes, some other small problems need to be solved as soon as they show up.

And here I remove myself from the discussion since I've already agreed where I felt like I needed to agree with you, disagreed where I needed to disagree, and have already tried to inform you about the reasons why people request these changes, which I don't feel like they are any less/more important.

I also don't like the crying/whining that runs rampant in these forums they have, in fact, lead to the nerf of some of my favourite classes and I don't wish to promote/have that kind of behaviour (you can see this by the fact that I don't request/promote a nerf to stealth since I don't feel like it's a problem, however, others may disagree with me).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    LoL, no, have you ever been on the recieving end of Roar? The biased view is not wanting it to get fixed....it's beyond broken <-- admitted by Devs. And currently being abused by many gwf's in pvp.

Nobody asked to remove Roar, just to fix it. If it is already (and I quote you on that) "only a slight mitigation in PVE" then, fixing it (as by removing the ~2sec silence/root (wich aren't part of it's description) wouldn't hurt PVE.

Again, I don't see you point when it comes to these changes...

Yes, indeed and that right there is the nº1 request by ALL of the community. I would completely support such balancing system.

At least we agree on the segregation of the two contents...

Part in red I just wanted to state, There have been NUMEROUS things not in a "description" later added to fit what that item/skill/boon/etc actually does, because it don't say it in the description, don't allays mean it's broke. It actually would make sense for it to root/prone for potential mobs that are Immune to one but not the other.. in this case, it hurts the PvP part of the game though, so obviously it will seem broken, or exploitable...

"fixing" it for PvP would mean taking something away that MAY have been intended on the PvE spectrum.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    At least we agree on the segregation of the two contents...

Part in red I just wanted to state, There have been NUMEROUS things not in a "description" later added to fit what that item/skill/boon/etc actually does, because it don't say it in the description, don't allays mean it's broke. It actually would make sense for it to root/prone for potential mobs that are Immune to one but not the other.. in this case, it hurts the PvP part of the game though, so obviously it will seem broken, or exploitable...

"fixing" it for PvP would mean taking something away that MAY have been intended on the PvE spectrum.

You do have a point there, but, here is a quote from Gentlemancrush, a game developer, about Roar, please read it: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?674281-So-is-Roar-supposed-to&p=8015091&viewfull=1#post8015091

It's recent but took me a while to find it xD

Hope that it helps sheding some light on why, apparently, it trully isn't working has intended ;)
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I didn't notice anything in the patch notes about removing duplicate companions either... One of my Renegade Illusionist is missing after the patch, along with his rank 5 runestones and rare items from my active companion slot. The one in my idle slot is untouched. I don't recall any mention about only being able to have one of the same type of companion, it's not like we can have them active at the same time anyway. I have (had) two that I used in completely different ways and was tired of paying to switch out runestones.

I posted on bug report this issue.

Please PWE, return my companion along with his rune stones and items.
  • Options
    arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had a full inventory when i tired to claim my Dominator's cloak before the patch. Now i cant claim it. There is no button and its not marked as claimed.

the patch note mentioned a fix for claiming it when you have a full inventory any idea on a fix if you have my issue?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm just going to leave this here for people complaining about no roar fix: https://twitter.com/chrismeyer33/status/477574939428405248

Its probably coming in module 4, since they are already planning class changes for 4 different classes.
  • Options
    jiffystrikejiffystrike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Could a Mod explain in better definition the meaning of "Resolved a rare client crash that could occur when one of the Cleric's Daily powers with an angel and that angel somehow despawns prematurely." are you talking about the Angel companion? the Angel that appears while using Guardian of Faith? Clarification plz
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2014
    I didn't notice anything in the patch notes about removing duplicate companions either... One of my Renegade Illusionist is missing after the patch, along with his rank 5 runestones and rare items from my active companion slot. The one in my idle slot is untouched.

I still have both my Damaran dogs so I seriously doubt this was intended. They were (and still are) both idle, but this still looks like very nasty bug.
  • Options
    dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks you VERY much for the Cloak Tower maze door fix! That's brilliant, thank you. :):)
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Resolved a rare client crash that could occur when one of the Cleric's Daily powers with an angel and that angel somehow despawns prematurely.

So, you guys don't know what that power is called or what's wrong with it but it's somehow fixed?

Hmm...
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What they mean is: That when a Cleric that has an Angel companion summoned, used any one of their daily powers, the Angel would de-spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its a good thing I'm not one of the owners or one of the main dev's here for i have a solution to end this PVP derived micro-minded whining about other classes being overpowered. Power is never an issue for the ones that have it, its a joy to express in the PVE battlegrounds..thus its only an issue when you want this so called "balance" so that the best in pvp can be known.

You would all log into your own NW realm, and like prisoners youd be all wearing EXACTLY the same items, stats etc ; hierarchy and power is claimed by strategy and ability only.

Then the Dev's can focus on far more exciting and important things for this amazing game than reacting to pissy pvp crying.

Overpowered other classes when viewed from a cooperative view takes a different spin when in a difficult dungeon with them when someone's so called OP class might save your butt due to enhanced healing etc...but noooo....lets nerf them instead. I loved seeing that GWF come to my aid with that "OP" rush etc...or the CW lifting their butt into the clouds....appreciation of others is appreciation of self...Their power reveals my own, not the reverse.

So, PVPs would have access to ALL spells and abilities ...15 actionbar icons etc...be a multiclassed powerhouse and see who can mix n match and manage all that power...that would end the whining about who has what and would truly bring forth the best...but pls...someone...give these whiners a soother and let us PVE's enjoy specialized focused power
This discussion has been closed.