Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140610a.4

2»

Comments

• Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When are we going to get our Companions back from the hidden patch that removed our duplicates? I have yet to get any updates since the initial response last week. For those who do not know that this happened.. here is the forum post about it..
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?691901-Missing-Companion-after-patch
    Check your Mains and Alts if you have had duplicate companions such as the Ioun Stone of Radiance and the Renegade Illusionists.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Its a good thing I'm not one of the owners or one of the main dev's here for i have a solution to end this PVP derived micro-minded whining about other classes being overpowered. Power is never an issue for the ones that have it, its a joy to express in the PVE battlegrounds..thus its only an issue when you want this so called "balance" so that the best in pvp can be known.

You would all log into your own NW realm, and like prisoners youd be all wearing EXACTLY the same items, stats etc ; hierarchy and power is claimed by strategy and ability only.

Then the Dev's can focus on far more exciting and important things for this amazing game than reacting to pissy pvp crying.

Overpowered other classes when viewed from a cooperative view takes a different spin when in a difficult dungeon with them when someone's so called OP class might save your butt due to enhanced healing etc...but noooo....lets nerf them instead. I loved seeing that GWF come to my aid with that "OP" rush etc...or the CW lifting their butt into the clouds....appreciation of others is appreciation of self...Their power reveals my own, not the reverse.

So, PVPs would have access to ALL spells and abilities ...15 actionbar icons etc...be a multiclassed powerhouse and see who can mix n match and manage all that power...that would end the whining about who has what and would truly bring forth the best...but pls...someone...give these whiners a soother and let us PVE's enjoy specialized focused power

I pretty much like this solution. :)
    Especially on lvl 60 there will always be huge differences between the players who just became lvl 60 and the ones with
    biS equipment, so there never can be a "balanced" pvp. Honestly, a 16k DC could kill a 6.8k GWF, no? ;)
    And even the gs doesn't tell much about how strong a player really is, a 16k gs GWF with 7k armpen probably is still weak.
    As stated before, I pretty much like this solution, skill only is important.
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why would one abuse this bug anyway? Wasn't it obvious that the duplicating was no intentional feature and would sooner or later be corrected? Cheaters asking the devs to give them their ill gotten goods back? That's a new one, to me.

I hope that you are not accusing me or anyone having this issue of cheating.

The fact of the matter that i had 4 renegade Illusionists is not considered cheating (nor Ill gotten goods, it was a 100% legit bonus code released by neverwinter, do your research next time). It would be no different then having duplicate weapons or armor, each one setup with different enchant or enhancement stones to swap out for different situations in game. (which if you actually took the time to read the post I linked to understand the real problem...)

The fact is that they were removed without warning, notices or knowledge to players who did have more then one of certain companions. Unfortunately in this case, the hidden patch had removed the wrong one. I have no problem that they changed it to only allow each player to have 1 companion of that type.

I am not going to turn this a trolling forum of accusations. I am only informing any other players to check their characters as well about this problem.

btw if you were around for it.. when the ioun stone of radiance was released into the game, yes there was an exploit and people abused it. which Cryptic, PWE, whoever resolved it very quickly to take care of it. SO the cheating as you put it.. is completely not the case..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I can imagine that it's a challenge to come up with new content and manage bugs, but come on. If roar is really a bugged power, how come it's been unfixed for a year? Why has it only recently become an issue? The answer is that people are crying for nerfs and the devs finally gave in.

Otherwise, please fix the game before releasing new content. The devs really need to look at forums more or assign a team to solely work on bug fixes for 'current' content if that's not the case already. There are many obvious ones which aren't subject to the tears of unskilled and/or under geared players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Its a good thing I'm not one of the owners or one of the main dev's here for i have a solution to end this PVP derived micro-minded whining about other classes being overpowered. Power is never an issue for the ones that have it, its a joy to express in the PVE battlegrounds..thus its only an issue when you want this so called "balance" so that the best in pvp can be known.

You would all log into your own NW realm, and like prisoners youd be all wearing EXACTLY the same items, stats etc ; hierarchy and power is claimed by strategy and ability only.

Then the Dev's can focus on far more exciting and important things for this amazing game than reacting to pissy pvp crying.

Overpowered other classes when viewed from a cooperative view takes a different spin when in a difficult dungeon with them when someone's so called OP class might save your butt due to enhanced healing etc...but noooo....lets nerf them instead. I loved seeing that GWF come to my aid with that "OP" rush etc...or the CW lifting their butt into the clouds....appreciation of others is appreciation of self...Their power reveals my own, not the reverse.

So, PVPs would have access to ALL spells and abilities ...15 actionbar icons etc...be a multiclassed powerhouse and see who can mix n match and manage all that power...that would end the whining about who has what and would truly bring forth the best...but pls...someone...give these whiners a soother and let us PVE's enjoy specialized focused power

I like this too. But, that seems too chaotic. Sports have a defined list of rules and in team sports roles/position. I think pvp could be enhanced by having limits of the classes. One defender, one healer, three dps - but the drawback would be the queue time. Place the matchmaking elo into tiers or leaques (such as 3 - gold/silver/bronze) based on gear and record.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Last game I played, almsot every dungeon had branches, if you wanted to farm you could avoid 3/4 of all of them and go to the branch with the boss to get your daily or weekly in. But you achieved titles, special item drops , extra tokens for doing the branches, it was mostly still a waste of time, but EVERY class had to do each dungeon in full to complete class quests and open up all thier powers, which encouraged each dungeon to be run at least once for yourself and a few times for guildes or that games version of legit.

Overall it was pretty nice (wanna do quick runs, its your option) want to get full tokens (its a option ) need to do it at least once , mandatory.

But that game had much bigger pockets and obviously huge amounts of devs working or stuff (or did, that game has recently gone pretty downhill and staff layoffs were announced)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rapssodya wrote: »
    I can imagine that it's a challenge to come up with new content and manage bugs, but come on. If roar is really a bugged power, how come it's been unfixed for a year? Why has it only recently become an issue? The answer is that people are crying for nerfs and the devs finally gave in.

Otherwise, please fix the game before releasing new content. The devs really need to look at forums more or assign a team to solely work on bug fixes for 'current' content if that's not the case already. There are many obvious ones which aren't subject to the tears of unskilled and/or under geared players.

Why would anyone allow you to farm them for 44 kills! Ive allowd my DC to get killed around 30 times, on a close match, due to crashing node 2 by myself against 2 others, but that allowed for a win.. If the team isnt close, Im not going to allow to be farmed that many times!!! What the heck.
This discussion has been closed.