test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you the type that wants help or left alone

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Before the launch of Feywild I used to take my first char (CW) and hunt Shocktroops in Helm's Hold during the contest to see how many I could get before it ended. When I discovered that the end of the DR quest was a Shocktroop boss, I nearly fell over laughing. Their moves are insanely easy to avoid if you pay attention. Sadly, the CW there was likely stuck on EF and Repel as single target powers.

Anyway, I try to help people who are obviously in trouble - if their life bar is low mainly. I'll stop and rez someone as well, though tonight just outside of Dread Spire, I did that and the person respawned before I finished. (I saw them go down so it wasn't the timer) I don't mind help coming to me (though with the obvious paranoia over ninja-able quest objects) especially on my GF and DC in IWD. The GF because the fights drag out and the DC because she usually takes a fair amount of damage if the crits don't come up on the right powers.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I love the ones that help you, by helping you harvest ice nodes. Now, I know, no one owns an ice node. But its still annoying when I see a large node that has gone untouched, because its guarded by big toothy things. So when I take the time to dispatch those big toothy things so I can harvest the node unmolested. Its frustrating to see "helpers" come out of no where to also mine the ice. So, while I cant make them go away, and ranting is useless. I will continue to remain grumpy about it.

Heck even had one, watch me clear the spawn. Waited for the node to get clear. Then jumped in and "helped" and felt so good about it, he even had the nerve to offer me a guild invite. It was hard to find the proper words to turn him down in a way I felt sufficient without cussing.

Can I offer a hug? I know your pain, it will be ok; this too shall pass.
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I love the ones that help you, by helping you harvest ice nodes. Now, I know, no one owns an ice node. But its still annoying when I see a large node that has gone untouched, because its guarded by big toothy things. So when I take the time to dispatch those big toothy things so I can harvest the node unmolested. Its frustrating to see "helpers" come out of no where to also mine the ice. So, while I cant make them go away, and ranting is useless. I will continue to remain grumpy about it.

Heck even had one, watch me clear the spawn. Waited for the node to get clear. Then jumped in and "helped" and felt so good about it, he even had the nerve to offer me a guild invite. It was hard to find the proper words to turn him down in a way I felt sufficient without cussing.

I wish that the mobs that guard a node gave out "shares" to said node - anyone that mined said node while you held the associated shares, paid out a percentage to any shareholders. Make them last 10-15 minutes to avoid abuse of this.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wish that the mobs that guard a node gave out "shares" to said node - anyone that mined said node while you held the associated shares, paid out a percentage to any shareholders. Make them last 10-15 minutes to avoid abuse of this.

I like that idea ;)
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    don't mind either way personally.

as a rule, I don't jump "jump in" so to speak, but if I am riding past and see someone struggling with multiple adds and they are down to their last few % of health, I usually will.

sometimes when I'm bored and have nothing to do, I will take my lvl 60 DC onto different maps and healbot randoms who look to be struggling, rather than just steam in and one-shot everything in the immediate area.

from my experience, players are more appreciative of a full health injection when close to death than someone just steaming in killing their targets.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I guess it's more of a what 'not to do' since most of us are fine soloing. Here's a list of don'ts but probably preaching to the choir.

Don'ts:
    Steal people's quest objectives if they are not sharable, or if they're not in the proximity for it to be tagged
    Mining other people's black ice/skill node if they took the trouble of clearing the area
    Pull mobs/drag aggro onto someone else
    Scatter mobs that someone else is fighting without good reason (Ice Storm, Roar, Frontline are main culprits) but also aggroing and running away
    Hunter Rangers who 'help' by putting grasping roots on things in a large HE, they hurt everyone's damage.
    Randomly inviting people to party without typing something in say or chat first
    Kill one quest mob and leave the rest of the pack behind so they don't respawn (Deathlock wights in particular)
    Cast singularity during someone else's Oppressive force
    Killing a quest mob someone else is already camping on (Hammerstone Queen, Dread ring portals, dread hounds) without trying to let them have credit too
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some times, it isn't even your choice. Earlier today 2 players ran from a medium HE pulling a large group of adds to me while I was at a node doing my dailies. Lucky me for being the nearest CW, no choice but to have to help them kill the adds.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    I've been scolded at for not helping. So, now, when I see someone that's killing kind of slowly I sit close by typing "Need help?" in chat. If they don't respond, I'll wait until they die, clean up and res them. Feels like the safest way (with regards to annoying them when they were trying to do it themselves).
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    badxideas wrote: »
    Im sure people appreciate your help, but GFs don't need it. I have no idea why people are putting the GF in the same category as DC. GF might have problems doing damage fast, but certainly NOT taking damage. There is no IWD content (except the group encounters) that a GF cannot solo just fine, including Biggrin, groups of giants, trolls, etc etc. If I am at 50% health in IWD it is by choice, because I have chosen not to drink a potion. When I have 75% health, I still have way more HP than 90% of the population. Dig?

That said, it doesnt bother me if someone helps out. I do the same. Just don't do it 'cause you pity me lol.

I main a GF that is nearly finished Icewind. . .

I am a Conqueror, 9k power, 1600 crit and 2200 arpen. Clearing Icewind still takes me some time and I more than welcome the assistance from a DC or DPS class when I'm doing my rounds because they do it faster.

It isn't pity. I know first hand that we lack the DPS to efficiently clear large mobs and I know first hand that if you find yourself surrounded by mobs we are not nearly as tanky as a GWF (I have one of those as well).
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited June 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    The sort of "help" that I resent the most is when I am fighting a large pull, all neatly gathered up, and some 10k wonder rentapony CW rocks up, drops an Ice Storm, and then kicks off with the repels and shield pulses. This is particularly irritating when you're quietly soloing a small HE for your own entertainment.

Generally, if they do that, I just stop DPSsing for a while and let the mobs eat them- after all, they were so keen on getting involved.

Knowing that comes with experience, though. Run a few dungeons with CWs as an IV GF/GWF and you quickly learn when a Frontline or Roar is acceptable. DCs too will rapidly learn that NO ONE appreciates a divine Sun Burst.

* I was that DC and GF that had to get told off back in my early days.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    I main a GF that is nearly finished Icewind. . .

I am a Conqueror, 9k power, 1600 crit and 2200 arpen. Clearing Icewind still takes me some time and I more than welcome the assistance from a DC or DPS class when I'm doing my rounds because they do it faster.

It isn't pity. I know first hand that we lack the DPS to efficiently clear large mobs and I know first hand that if you find yourself surrounded by mobs we are not nearly as tanky as a GWF (I have one of those as well).

Experimented a bit with the totems last nigth ( the ones with wights are my current bane ) and it was a near death experience regardless of my approach. I tried full dps = nearly died, I tried my tank setup = took forever and gave up but also would've died without running around and poppin' fighter's recovery. That HE makes me hate my GF which is not justified at all since its really a hard one. Takes time even as a 17k Destroyer to drop all the undead and a bugged roar helps alot (even a geared GWF dies there if he slows down). I need some official information on this. Are the Wight's Totem HEs working as intended ? There is an awful congregation of enemy types there, they cc, they aoe drain life, they last forever - are they cc immune while draining life too? The totems in the valley are cake compared to the pass.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • jarebla1051jarebla1051 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    When I'm in a Combat-type alter-ego, I don't ask for help and it almost upsets me when someone step in. I need to know my abilities, limitations and if my chosen encounters are what I need in those situations. Though I try to always thank a Cleric for an heals, buffs etc. thrown my way.

When I'm using one of my Support-types, I will stand and watch. If the other player has the skills to win I enjoy the show. If I am watching what could turn out badly for the player I try waiting to see if things get better, though when at about 33% health, I'll do my best to help turn the tide. Heals, Magic Missiles, a buff or two.

Don't recall any complaints, heard just a few thanks.
    "One Riot, One Ranger" **

Deuce HR L 60 Archer Build+Melee
    Bow Expert
    Blade Proficient

(**Motto of the Texas Rangers, 1823-Present. Dept. of Public Services, State of Texas)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Experimented a bit with the totems last nigth ( the ones with wights are my current bane ) and it was a near death experience regardless of my approach. I tried full dps = nearly died, I tried my tank setup = took forever and gave up but also would've died without running around and poppin' fighter's recovery. That HE makes me hate my GF which is not justified at all since its really a hard one. Takes time even as a 17k Destroyer to drop all the undead and a bugged roar helps alot (even a geared GWF dies there if he slows down). I need some official information on this. Are the Wight's Totem HEs working as intended ? There is an awful congregation of enemy types there, they cc, they aoe drain life, they last forever - are they cc immune while draining life too? The totems in the valley are cake compared to the pass.

The undead in Icewind Pass are brutally tough compared to the ones in Dwarven Valley. It's almost as if they're really level 62 instead of 61.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    There is no issues with DC up to Mod 3 , they can kill anything just fine and run things in a general ok manner . IWD changes that for a DC and a GF class, there it sux.

Admittedly that's what I do.

Usually when I see a DC I'll toss a DoT or two on whatever it is they're fighting and then move on. I do the same for GFs.

GWFs I'll assist a little but they don't generally need my help to plow through things. Rangers are just fine too.

Its hard to actually Kill Steal mobs in this game as you generally BOTH get credit for killing a mob, which is why this thread is confusing to me as it doesn't really matter, you both get credit anyway.
  • jugoyajugoya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want to help to help sure.
    If you want to help to just dart in and take the objective I was working to get ... leaving me with the mob well I'm not all that fond of it.
    In fact I miiiight come running after you with a mob on my tail.. and run away as soon as they find you.

Stealth is useful.
    edited June 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

I tried to solo the Totems once. Cleared the first batch easy peasy then got murdered when the second wave arrived.

I can only do it on my GWF by luring them away in handfuls, so I attack and run off so only a few follow, kill them, repeat.

And the Wights are most definitely CC immune when draining you. I also feel the Wights around the Totems are tougher than the Wights you find in the caves. Or maybe it is because there are fewer adds around them, but I can pounce on and annihilate the Wights in the caves.
    edited June 2014
    jugoya wrote: »
    If you want to help to help sure.
    If you want to help to just dart in and take the objective I was working to get ... leaving me with the mob well I'm not all that fond of it.
    In fact I miiiight come running after you with a mob on my tail.. and run away as soon as they find you.

Stealth is useful.

I done something similar in Dwarven Valley. I was clearing the trolls off of an idol only to watch a CW ride up and take my idol. What did I do? I followed him to the next idol and when he had the aggro I rode up and took his idol while he was still fighting. Was priceless when he ran up to where the idol should be and just stood there. I pm'd him and said to him ''Serves you right''. Until Cryptic does something about these ninjas I'm going to fight fire with fire.

If these people just realised that if you both pressed 'F' within seconds of each other you'd both get the idol/mineshaft, but no, they'd rather ninja you. I've ''shared'' many idols that other players have cleared. I just stand and watch them and as soon as I see their hands move I press 'F' and viola, both of us get it. No harm, no foul. Same as the lost caravan people in Icewind. Just stand right next to the NPC and let the guy that was there first press 'F' and you'll both get it. There is really no need to screw your fellow players over.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I done something similar in Dwarven Valley. I was clearing the trolls off of an idol only to watch a CW ride up and take my idol. What did I do? I followed him to the next idol and when he had the aggro I rode up and took his idol while he was still fighting. Was priceless when he ran up to where the idol should be and just stood there. I pm'd him and said to him ''Serves you right''. Until Cryptic does something about these ninjas I'm going to fight fire with fire.

If these people just realised that if you both pressed 'F' within seconds of each other you'd both get the idol/mineshaft, but no, they'd rather ninja you. I've ''shared'' many idols that other players have cleared. I just stand and watch them and as soon as I see their hands move I press 'F' and viola, both of us get it. No harm, no foul. Same as the lost caravan people in Icewind. Just stand right next to the NPC and let the guy that was there first press 'F' and you'll both get it. There is really no need to screw your fellow players over.

Yup, some extremely stupid people have tried very hard to steal idols from my GWF too. Not only do they usually fail (if you fight on the idol and kill the little ones first, there's an AoE under it), but I do tend to then make a point of returning the favour.

Under other circumstances, I tend to make a point of running in and burning mobs, if I see a DC doing this quest. It's just too easy to steal from them otherwise. The funny and slightly sad thing is that they often politely stand there and wait for me to click the idol in their stead, and take some persuading. Being conditioned into victimhood is a sure sign that the class is getting screwed.
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It depends. Usually I let people do their own thing, but sometimes when they have a dozen or so mobs around them I get scared for them and try to help out. Nothing major. I don't want their kills, I just don't want them to die. Figure my piddly something might make the difference. If it's less than six, I leave them alone. I

I don't mind someone coming by to help me out unless it a specific kill I need and I'm not surrounded. Still, no reason to get upset, there are plenty of everything for quests. On the other hand, it does annoy me when someone waits until I've cleared an area so they can get the box or sparkly thing that I killed the mobs for in the first place.
  • rincon19rincon19 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a GF and not that experienced I try to stay out of other people's fight, if I see a CW, DC or TR in a big mob, I might go in and shout and grab some aggro and then just pop my shield up and sit there taking hits or pick off a witherer in Sharandar so he does not heal the big chaps.
  • taintedbattaintedbat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Personally, I don't care if people jump in and help me kill mobs, the more the merrier I say! It is a multiplayer game after all ;) I also generally jump in and help kill mobs, even if the other person doesn't look like they need it, because it still speeds things up.

I don't think it's rude if someone does or doesn't help other people, unless they are getting pummeled, in which case I think it's polite to help out.

I do hate the people that watch, then steal your objective/quest item thingy or whatever, that's really rude. When I'm going for an objective, that someone else is already going for, I always help kill any mobs in the way first, and then try and time collecting it at the same time/ slightly after the other person, so that we both get it, or the other person does if I'm a little slow :P I generally expect the same courtesy if I was the first one there as well.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've always been a tabletop D&D player. My first toon in this or any other MMO was the DC I started a year ago. I would have ragequit the game if not for the occasional help burning mobs from the occasional stranger wandering by, and forming small parties for the more difficult quests.

Now, when I have time and Professions is running, I run all 5 of my toons thru Blacklake gathering auctionable resouces, and I always stop to help the youngsters who look like they're having trouble. I cannot count the number of times I've revived a fallen ally or performed a no-reward trade of the low-level healing potions I've found...and it actually bothers me a little bit when I'm running past an injured level 11 toon with a character other than my cleric, because I can't hit "R" and make him all better.

Generally, when doing Sharandar dailies (all of my 60s have maxed out their boons, but hey, a Level 8 enchantment is worth a little of my time) I move to a low-population instance as soon as I can. A map full of allies also means a map where all the puppies have been re-trained, all the dryads have pushed out their chests in gratitude, all the Fomorian Warriors are dead, and all the Sharandar guardians are free of those Venus Elf-traps. (The Realm of Malabog is famous for vanishing quest objectives.) "Help" has never been needed there; but then, I've never gone ten minutes into level 60 without a 12k+ GS.

Do I "help" toons of my own level? Heck yes...but only in IWD, and only if there's a target-rich environment and it looks like my ally is getting pounded. I've even been known to cross boundaries in IWD and drop healing on some AB swine...as long as they're not tagged for PVP, of course. IWD, with its level 61+ threats, has reintroduced the concept of team play to a lot of dedicated soloists who haven't been seriously injured by anything in a long time...
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree with a lot that has been said here. I'm only a few days into NW but played CoX for years. I will also stop to help someone who looks like they are being overwhelmed with enemies. As an HR, it's pretty easy for me to snag a couple of bad guys and have them come after me and give the other player a few seconds to recover. Maybe they should institute something like CoX had whereby the color of the character name being different indicated that they were ok with someone helping them. I don't think that would be a hard thing to implement. That being said, I do get annoyed when someone steals my quest item while I'm fighting off a mob. If you want to help me that's fine, but go find your own item.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just a quick question...why is it that coin and drops cannot be stolen but the more important quest objects can? Is this expected to be "fixed" or is that an insertion of what's found in the "real world" of business and even on the plains of the Savahnna.
    I wonder though how good it is for the business of the game re active player base wise by keeping it in.

Perhaps they could offer by monthly payment (not too much but...enough) access to the same areas but with zero ability to steal from other players.
  • natriannanatrianna Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a general rule of thumb, I don't want help, I don't expect help, and I generally don't help others. I don't care except for the troll idols and the mine shafts. I have had enough mine shafts and idols taken from me that I've gotten a bit smart about it. I see someone come up waiting, I will hide (on my TR), the the spawn agro sit with my finger on the F key and keep pressing until I got the credit, on a few instances, it was so annoying I followed (in those cases I thinik it was a CW) and didn't say anything just would steal his idols. You know the whole do unto others thing.
    edited June 2014
    You become hardened. Its not just people stealing your quest objectives in PVE. Its in PVP too. All the folks with green items and very low GS who you encounter in random dominations who arent even trying and dont care to listen. You play with them once you lose - its cool, everyone starts low but after a few dozen pointless matches it makes me wanna punish them for coming in as they do. I recall my earlier NVW experience, there was this feeling of just wanting to help someone take down a strong dude in PVE or in PVP, when I saw someone was too easy to kill Id avoid him and never jump him if he is already fighting. This feeling goes away. The way the game forces us to play is making us kinda cold. After so many Doms with low GS people I'd rather annihiate them so they learn, get better gear and then try the queue again.. and honestly, that is not something I like. Its not cool being angry lol
    edited June 2014
    I tried to solo the Totems once. Cleared the first batch easy peasy then got murdered when the second wave arrived.

I can only do it on my GWF by luring them away in handfuls, so I attack and run off so only a few follow, kill them, repeat.

And the Wights are most definitely CC immune when draining you. I also feel the Wights around the Totems are tougher than the Wights you find in the caves. Or maybe it is because there are fewer adds around them, but I can pounce on and annihilate the Wights in the caves.

Well, a Swordmaster GF Conq can solo them ( as I confirmed myself after the switch few days ago ), you pop some potions, you use dailies everytime they are up and it takes some time but the same goes for my GWF. The lack of TRush and FLS will take some getting used to tho.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Just a quick question...why is it that coin and drops cannot be stolen but the more important quest objects can? Is this expected to be "fixed" or is that an insertion of what's found in the "real world" of business and even on the plains of the Savahnna.
    I wonder though how good it is for the business of the game re active player base wise by keeping it in.

Perhaps they could offer by monthly payment (not too much but...enough) access to the same areas but with zero ability to steal from other players.

It's not so much about people stealing these quest items, inasmuch as they are interactive objects that go away when used - there are other similar quest objects that *do* give credit to anyone who is near, when said object is interacted with - making that change should be doable while also resolving the issue at the same time.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • papslemonpapslemon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I need help, I downloaded the patch, and it's saying patching but it has been doing it last hour or so...
    How long it takes to patch? :(
  • revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That's what the /lfg is for, isn't it? I'm perfectly willing to help any DC or GF out if they have a problem completing the quests. I'll even go with them in the lairs without having a key myself if they ask for it. It's only a 10 min run max. No big deal.

So I'd like to counter your suggestion with the reverse: As long as people are not asking for help, don't "help" them. If not out of curtsey for your fellow player, then at least consider they'll have to learn just like you had to. Even slow DCs have to learn how to deal with mobs. It's easier for some than it is for others. They'll ask for help when they need it.

I play a few different toons and I can solo everything non-dungeon. However, especially on my DC or GF, it takes a while and new mobs can spawn nearby, so I am never upset when someone jumps in on my fight, it speeds it up a lot. The nice thing in this game is that 2 non-partied players can both get loots off the same mob, so there is no harm in helping someone else. You are taking nothing from them by helping them kill a mob.. Just be sure you aren't killing the mob before them and cutting them out of the loot. And in the middl of a hard fight, I don't necessarily have the time to shout "help" if I am overwhelmed. If your pride can't accept help unasked for, when it takes nothing away from you, or makes your job harder, then you really need to pull the stick out your ***.