test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Essence of Aggression

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Essence of Aggression continues strong! It's been very exciting having our recruitment standards higher. We've seen some players work hard to get their characters to our current requirements.

Also, our recent transfer to Luskan in GG PVP has made for some interesting matches. Although not always the winners overall, it's great fun queuing up together and having 10-15 EoA players in one GG match!

Click the link on the signature if you think you have what it takes! Best, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to chime in and give a plug for these guys as they've always been chill from my experience... :cool:

<< image removed >>
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, kolatmaster. We strive to have a fun group of mature, adult players who like to PVP hard. Are we the top 1% of players? No, but our Teamspeak is filled with laughter, catching up with each others' lives and good conversation.

We're very excited about Module 3! EOA is a large PVP guild, and it always has been. Running 20 EOA at a time in the new open zone PVP will make for some good, good fun!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2014
    Just did GG pvp with 20 EoA members, good times
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to mention that now would be a great time to apply to EOA. Why?

We average 15-25 players on at any given time.
    We're PVP-focused.
    Module 3 is around the corner.
    We have high recruitment standards (see the first page of this thread), meaning we're very well-geared.
    We normally run 10-20 man groups in GG.

Imagine what it will be like in Icewind Dale? :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Great guild with many good people.

Keep it going. You'll probably still be here when all the other PvP guilds will be gone.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Great guild with many good people.

Keep it going. You'll probably still be here when all the other PvP guilds will be gone.

Thanks for the solid compliment. We're one of the only original Mindflayer PVP guilds still in existence (Exodus as well, I think). We've stayed strong throughout the months because of...

1) Our amazingly solid player base.
    2) Keeping the guild healthy by kicking players with toxic attitudes.
    3) Our strong recruitment methods.
    4) Keeping high standards to join.
    5) And having some pretty awesome leaders and officers (*wink wink*)

Two other guilds have been formed from EOA players (only one is still alive and kicking, I believe).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Made one minor adjustment to our recruitment standards (see page 1).

Also, now would be a great time to join EOA! Why? Module 3 is around the corner and...

We average 15-25 players on at any given time.
    We're PVP-focused.
    We have high recruitment standards (see the first page of this thread), meaning we're very well-geared.
    We normally run 10-20 man groups in GG.

Imagine what it will be like in Icewind Dale?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just wanted to let y'all know that although EOA is known for strong PVP groups, we're also a PVE guild! We consider ourselves an end-game guild in both PVP and PVE.

If anyone is considering joining a strong community of great people who love to game, laugh and play hard, click on the signature below!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    bugbugbugersbugbugbugers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also, our recent transfer to Luskan in GG PVP has made for some interesting matches. Although not always the winners overall, it's great fun queuing up together and having 10-15 EoA players in one GG match!

Second PVP Guild went to Luskans :)
    Delzoun will suffer soon :)
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2014
    We regularly put together 15 man gg groups, fun times in team speak
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2014
    Sent an application and waited forever, pm'd some people online and got no messages back - oh well.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Sent an application and waited forever, pm'd some people online and got no messages back - oh well.

Hey, please send me a message in-game or here on the forums, including your name on the EoA website.

Most of us are getting tells non-stop, so if you send a /t to someone who is in a PvP match or dungeon, there's a good chance you won't get an answer, just because it's not manageable. But if you send an in-game message (via mail system), you can be sure to receive an answer as soon as possible.

The recruitment decision takes somewhat between 1 and 4 days on average, depending on how many applications we're getting.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Due to a high volume of recruitment, EOA has increased our standards to join. Although they can be seen on the first page, I've reposted them here.

Requirements
    16K GS+ is recommended
    Perfect Weapon and Greater Armor enchantments (Greater Plaguefire is, of course, accepted).
    3 Epic Artifacts.
    An Epic Mount.
    Rank 8 Enchantments (including Utilities).
    All Sharandar and Dread Ring Boons completed.
    Teamspeak 3 is required (free download), and the ability to listen (we accept players without a mic).

Best, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    What about people with g plague? lol
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    What about people with g plague? lol

Ofc, G Plaguefire is accepted. Thanks for the clarification.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In your recruitment thread you specifically mention that you do not tolerate exploiters.

Every, and I mean every GWF I have run into from your guild (who are quite numerous) has been using roar. I'm talking against pugs here, somehow get teamed up with 10-12k gs guys and run into decked EoA GWF's running roar. This has been quite a common occurrence and personally I think it is totally scummy and exploitation of a bugged ability. It shows me, and others that your members care not for sportsmanship but just to faceroll PuGs.
  • Options
    discordinationdiscordination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2014
    docj0r wrote: »
    In your recruitment thread you specifically mention that you do not tolerate exploiters.

Every, and I mean every GWF I have run into from your guild (who are quite numerous) has been using roar. I'm talking against pugs here, somehow get teamed up with 10-12k gs guys and run into decked EoA GWF's running roar. This has been quite a common occurrence and personally I think it is totally scummy and exploitation of a bugged ability. It shows me, and others that your members care not for sportsmanship but just to faceroll PuGs.

If you were going to complain about a gear-based bug, you could have at least picked HR; that's some gamebreaking stuff.

But more seriously, we do not endorse the use of a broken skill, but what else can we do about it when its fundamental to the class's skill progression? The game is imbalanced, broken even, but this sort of bug/oversight is not on par with exploiting dungeons or serious transgressions like botting or other ingame hacks.

You're free to form a premade and challenge us any time if you think we are only looking to pug stomp, we always honor serious pmvspms.
    Essence of Aggression member
    Former 666th Devil Dogs Neverwinter Co-Commander
    16.6k BiS TR Flosstradamus
    15.8k BiS CW Veria Noying
    17.8 BiS GWF Carnage Asada
  • Options
    kragg1kragg1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello,

I am a new player to Neverwinter, currently level 30 TR called Jinzu. I joined the game with PvP in mind, and have been levelling predominantly in arenas. I am addicted to the PvP on offer in this game, and so far I've completed 5 Domination tasks to earn the Cloak.

I am looking for a PvP guild to join to learn the intricacies of the game through listening and observation. I understand that you're currently recruiting geared level 60's, but I'm hoping that you will make an exception for a future potential high-achiever.

I am 28 years old, and drama free. I will not be a burden on your members, and will not beg for boosting/items. I joined with 4 RL friends and we help each-other when needed, however my love of PvP is taking me down a different path to them :)

I played WoW from Feb 2006-2013 (with breaks), with a heavy focus on PvP, and Dota2. I also played CS competitively for the best part of a decade so I am used to communicating and playing within a team.

I thought I would post here before your website, so as not to waste your time. Please let me know if it is possible for me to join and I will make an application. I am available in-game to chat further if you have any concerns.

Thanks for your time
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If you were going to complain about a gear-based bug, you could have at least picked HR; that's some gamebreaking stuff.

But more seriously, we do not endorse the use of a broken skill, but what else can we do about it when its fundamental to the class's skill progression? The game is imbalanced, broken even, but this sort of bug/oversight is not on par with exploiting dungeons or serious transgressions like botting or other ingame hacks.

You're free to form a premade and challenge us any time if you think we are only looking to pug stomp, we always honor serious pmvspms.

Fundamental to GWF skill progression? The only reason anyone uses it is because it is bugged. If it was not bugged, people would use FL and Takedown, obvious. Perhaps it is not on par with hacking the game, but it's exploiting a bugged ability that is ludicrously OP, against pugs no less. I wouldn't make a fuss about it if I saw a guy using it.. But it is every GWF from your guild I have seen using it.

If you want to call the game imbalanced and say it's ok? Fine, but it will show just what kind of guild it is, with a bunch of GWF's (already strong class) Rolling around and roaring at pugs every 7 seconds making their experience in this game less compelling than a raw potato served on a bed of boiled lettuce.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kragg1 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am a new player to Neverwinter, currently level 30 TR called Jinzu. I joined the game with PvP in mind, and have been levelling predominantly in arenas. I am addicted to the PvP on offer in this game, and so far I've completed 5 Domination tasks to earn the Cloak.

I am looking for a PvP guild to join to learn the intricacies of the game through listening and observation. I understand that you're currently recruiting geared level 60's, but I'm hoping that you will make an exception for a future potential high-achiever.

I am 28 years old, and drama free. I will not be a burden on your members, and will not beg for boosting/items. I joined with 4 RL friends and we help each-other when needed, however my love of PvP is taking me down a different path to them :)

I played WoW from Feb 2006-2013 (with breaks), with a heavy focus on PvP, and Dota2. I also played CS competitively for the best part of a decade so I am used to communicating and playing within a team.

I thought I would post here before your website, so as not to waste your time. Please let me know if it is possible for me to join and I will make an application. I am available in-game to chat further if you have any concerns.

Thanks for your time

Please check out page one for our current recruitment requirements. If you do not meet those, I recommend Black Lotus or Exodus as good PVE/PVP guilds you can possibly join.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fundamental to GWF skill progression? The only reason anyone uses it is because it is bugged. If it was not bugged, people would use FL and Takedown, obvious. Perhaps it is not on par with hacking the game, but it's exploiting a bugged ability that is ludicrously OP, against pugs no less. I wouldn't make a fuss about it if I saw a guy using it.. But it is every GWF from your guild I have seen using it.

If you want to call the game imbalanced and say it's ok? Fine, but it will show just what kind of guild it is, with a bunch of GWF's (already strong class) Rolling around and roaring at pugs every 7 seconds making their experience in this game less compelling than a raw potato served on a bed of boiled lettuce.

I understand your frustration, as I've been on the receiving end of Roar, as well. It truly stinks.

For what it's worth, we would faceroll you even without the skill.

Thank you for your input, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Exodus and BL in one sentence gives me chills o.o
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I understand your frustration, as I've been on the receiving end of Roar, as well. It truly stinks.

For what it's worth, we would faceroll you even without the skill.

Thank you for your input, Trace.

Yeah yeah.. You know what truly stinks?

Today in IWD, I am jumped by two EoA GWF's while I was fighting NPC's. Both roar me (lol) But I make a break and escape with low HP. I find one of them on their own, get the jump.. guess what? He logs out to avoid losing xD.. Don't want to paint you all with the same brush, but is winning that important?
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah yeah.. You know what truly stinks?

Today in IWD, I am jumped by two EoA GWF's while I was fighting NPC's. Both roar me (lol) But I make a break and escape with low HP. I find one of them on their own, get the jump.. guess what? He logs out to avoid losing xD.. Don't want to paint you all with the same brush, but is winning that important?

OH **** ! /wrists . you dident have time for you Dazing Strike + Lashing Blade combo ??

Maybe he was in pvp que, and he got in as soon as you started attacking? Or he probably feared your insane combo move, you are right
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    OH **** ! /wrists . you dident have time for you Dazing Strike + Lashing Blade combo ??

Maybe he was in pvp que, and he got in as soon as you started attacking? Or he probably feared your insane combo move, you are right

I don't play a TR. But great defense of scummy behavior in pvp-- Wait, what?
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not to put you guys on the spotlight but...

http://gyazo.com/58b63d22aec44a6dd432e3161783c31c

not a very good recruiting method
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    Not to put you guys on the spotlight but...

http://gyazo.com/58b63d22aec44a6dd432e3161783c31c

not a very good recruiting method

lol r u srs, that is not our recruitment method. Everyone has to apply.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    lol r u srs, that is not our recruitment method. Everyone has to apply.

And to quote you on that screenshot there before you throw my words in a PM out of context. I was seeing if you are interested in joining the guild due to your playstyle etc. I have no way of adding or bypassing the recruiting process. If you were interested I would have directed you to our website just as I have done with others. However seeing that you are putting my words out of context...
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
This discussion has been closed.