test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need a preview for clothes that we buy

kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I was in MOD3 and wanted to buy some clothes for my character but there was no preview of what the clothes looks like
so I was afraid of buying something that will look ugly on my toon and get stuck with it
thats why we need some preview before buying,when are we going to get our previews.most games have previews why we dont have that ,why
Its very important to have preview when buying clothes for the toon

edit:another good reason bought a dragon helm had no preview now it look like a stewpot on my head
if I had a preview how it will look on my toon ,had not bought it
Post edited by kabinoles on

Comments

• Options
    borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kabinoles wrote: »
    I was in MOD3 and wanted to buy some clothes for my character but there was no preview of what the clothes looks like
    so I was afraid of buying something that will look ugly on my toon and get stuck with it
    thats why we need some preview before buying,when are we going to get our previews.most games have previews why we dont have that ,why
    Its very important to have preview when buying clothes for the toon

The Mannequins standing behind the merchant show you what the clothes look like.
  • Options
    wanderhoofwanderhoof Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    borak2 wrote: »
    The Mannequins standing behind the merchant show you what the clothes look like.

It would still be nice to have a 'dressing room' window to preview gear. This is, as the OP states, not an uncommon feature in MMORPG's. It's not a,make or break feature, but it certainly a nice polish for a title.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wanderhoof wrote: »
    It would still be nice to have a 'dressing room' window to preview gear. This is, as the OP states, not an uncommon feature in MMORPG's. It's not a,make or break feature, but it certainly a nice polish for a title.

Its also been requested incessantly for over a year.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited May 2014
    or just allow change appearance on the shopping tab to show you wearing it.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm desperately wanting a dressing room too!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The mannequins show the ones you can later, not the first two sets you can acquire.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been asking for a wardrobe preview since open beta ( and probably before) instead they added spinning mannequins that give no indication of what they are wearing or what the outfits look like on characters so players are still no wiser until they actually purchase something.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was curious enough about the Icewind Dale fashion clothing that I checked them out (the first two outfits that are available) on the preview server.

With apologies for the poor quality screencap, this is the Icewind Merchant's Garb/Tunic/Hat on a female Half-Elf:
    screenshot_2014-05-15-11-37-09_zps5f2063a8.jpg

And this is the Icewind Peasant's Garb/Tunic/Hat:
    screenshot_2014-05-15-11-36-24_zps704e84ef.jpg

Yes, her hair clips through the back of that headgear. (And she really really hates me for dressing her up like that. :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    inubearyamatoinubearyamato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i agree a "dressing room" would be a nice thing....heck even being able to see the mounts before buying em would be nice (had trouble deciding which horse to choose at lvl 20 because i had no clue how they looked)

PS: i think that half-elf would look a lot better without those hats :p
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We have been asking for a dressing room since the first beta weekend especially for the AH where there is no way to see what the stuff your buying looks like.
  • Options
    fayedeloncrentfayedeloncrent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    these are the IWD yeti hunter fashion sets.
    backp1tayla-MOTION.gif1-MOTION.gif

first i left everything but primary the way it came originally it was purple i changed the purple to red. then a friend gave me some black so i was like ok ... i just dyed it but black is nice (only in moderation its very easy to get carried away and black blinds in easily with itself and easily takes away from the design.) like after i used black i decided to use purple as an outline. normally when i dye a set i use a pack first then customize a individual color. it normally just looks nicer. however they dont have a just plane white and why would i want to dye something thats already the color i want and i wanted the fur white so i left it the way it was. im very please how this turned out.

@fayedeloncrent / @saiurie / @saiuriefaye
  • Options
    jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • Options
    jane111111111jane111111111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How to post images remove spaces I added [shouldbelikethis] vs [ not like this ]
    [ img ] typeurlhere [ /img ]

my_old_sig_from_nw_forums_bigger.png
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We really need this feature. How is this not in game yet? I'm shopping fashion stuff on the AH, and alt tabbing to see what it looks like. That's a little absurd. It's not the hardest thing in the world to program, and yet has gotten ignored since launch.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The tech is even already in game, via the item change appearance function. It just needs to work with linking things directly from hypertext and AH postings.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This has been brought up 50x times already but that just means it's **** sure overdue. We need, we beg and beg. Please work this into the lineup!

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree wholeheartedly. At the very least, have dummies wearing the gear, which are clearly labelled with w/e pieces they are wearing...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I don't get all the aprons, someone explain to me about the aprons...
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    I don't get all the aprons, someone explain to me about the aprons...

Gotta keep your pants clean from all the blood splattering.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic will probably never do it.

What we need is a whale who has bought ALL the outfits, and continues to buy the new ones, to post screenshots somewhere. That way, someone good with wiki sites can organize the sceenshots into a "Neverwinter Fashion Wiki"
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Gotta keep your pants clean from all the blood splattering.

So the apron gets trashed instead...
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    So the apron gets trashed instead...

That is the point of the Apron!
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem is with clipping much more than what they look like. I like the way some things look, but having them clip through parts of my character is a deal breaker for me. If I was a betting persons I would put money on them never adding a dressing room because it would highlight the various clipping problems with their models aka a big can of worms.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    petestarks wrote: »
    The problem is with clipping much more than what they look like. I like the way some things look, but having them clip through parts of my character is a deal breaker for me. If I was a betting persons I would put money on them never adding a dressing room because it would highlight the various clipping problems with their models aka a big can of worms.

Wish they would animate clothing better. Rather have it moving with your legs instead of your legs going through them.
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If people can see what they are about to buy some might decide not to spend money and Cryptic can't have that, even if that feature is by now an MMO standard.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We want a dressing room PLEASE!

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I buy in AH - copy to preview, equip to preview. If I don't like it then I'll resell it on Live.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I buy in AH - copy to preview, equip to preview. If I don't like it then I'll resell it on Live.

That's a real poor work around. Even if you manage to sell back the junk you didn't like at the exact same price you paid for them. You are still out the 10% AH fee. Its not a situation where you are likely to break even, you will take a loss. And that's even assuming people want to devote the effort and hard drive space to even bother installing the preview copy. It just seems an awfully obtuse, difficult, and potentially expensive way to just try on some clothes.
  • Options
    lostyuslostyus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd really like a preview too.

I don't collect 'clothes' and appearances but I do like my character to look a certain way. It's been so difficult trying to find pics of armours online, there's a few on wiki and quite a few from this site on a "show what your GF's wearing" type thread but even that isn't that useful as a lot of people don't label what they're wearing.

I've probably only lost a couple of thousand AD by buying armours to view them, but it would just be so much easier (and cheaper) if they added a preview for all equip-ables to vendors and the AH.

I've tried finding out what Armor of the Impenetrable Bastion (on a male) looks like but I haven't found pics for it yet and that is too much AD to use hoping that I like the look of the armour.

Also, on a side note, there's some fool on wiki who adds pics of the companion appearances, but only shows their faces :rolleyes: lol.
  • Options
    teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    petestarks wrote: »

Why would something like this not surprise me lol. I as well would love a wardrobe option. Honestly, why would there not be? How many MMO's have I played that didn't have one? Wow, it's been a LONG time I can say that. The truth is there are an absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of QOL type things that could be added and have been asked for well over a year and even since release with zero indication of being added. @Shrugs@ To me at least it shows the direction and desire of the devs when simple, yes simple, little things like this cannot be added or even brought up really. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say take a break from adding dailies just once and add a ton of this sort of thing.