What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need a preview for clothes that we buy

2»

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That's a real poor work around. Even if you manage to sell back the junk you didn't like at the exact same price you paid for them. You are still out the 10% AH fee. Its not a situation where you are likely to break even, you will take a loss. And that's even assuming people want to devote the effort and hard drive space to even bother installing the preview copy. It just seems an awfully obtuse, difficult, and potentially expensive way to just try on some clothes.

I agree. I should have stated it's the only real work-around I know of, other than to search for pix in the forums, wiki, off-site.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hate to be this cynical, but it seems that quality of life changes are not really a priority, since it doesn't bring as much profit as, for example, artifact gear that requires absurd amounts of RP.
    That being said, I do agree, and I would love to be able to preview gear without having to purchase it. I would also like to have a fashion tab in my inventory, but I'm afraid I'm already asking too much.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I hate to be this cynical, but it seems that quality of life changes are not really a priority, since it doesn't bring as much profit as, for example, artifact gear that requires absurd amounts of RP.
    That being said, I do agree, and I would love to be able to preview gear without having to purchase it. I would also like to have a fashion tab in my inventory, but I'm afraid I'm already asking too much.

I don't see it happening either. From the reddit discussion it's clear that they're after profit only. They aren't going to sacrifice money for the quality of the game, which is disappointing.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    They had a different UI coded to preview transmute/dye items on their own but they removed it from player commands (or from the game). All they had to do was make a "dye item" button on a drop-down and this wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

Buuuut nope, they decided to remove it instead *shrug*...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's interesting because the system already exists. The transmute option is basically a preview (with terrible lighting, sure), so the option to preview is there. It would take altering the code so it would work on any item.

But if you haven't then read the Reddit interview. If they can't squeeze a buck out of it then it is not in the plans. The Foundry, man, the *Foundry*! The one thing that sets NW apart from the myriad F2P games, the one thing that gets them mentioned (not the game play, not the PvP, not the art), and the guy says since they haven't found a way to make the Foundry profitable they are not bothering with it. The main selling point of NW.

It's almost like hearing a WoW dev saying they are no longer going to bother with raids.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That guy on Reddit was decent enough to give us some honest answers, but very disheartening at the same time. From what I got from Reddit, they plan on releasing bland modules that will give us dailies and grinding and the only thing that will make it bearable will be the Zen Market items. Anything else will have to take second place.
    I'm sure they will squeeze a preview feature in sometimes , with module 34 maybe, when we're gonna have a campaign with 10 months worth of dailies and when the rng will give you a one in 465000000 chance to get a artifact sombrero that will upgrade all your powers and feats by 7 ranks, will grant the user 50000 power, 100% crit rate and control immunity and will sing La Cucaracha every time you one shot a newb in PvP. :D:D
    ooooh yeah
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.