What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140528a.9

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Here's a complete list of tonight's patch notes:

Audio

Resolved an issue with several maps containing repeating sounds.

Content and Environment

Icewind Pass: Black Ice Motherload: Resolved a case where one of the mining nodes would disappear prematurely, preventing the Heroic Encounter from being able to be completed.

Items and Economy

Bonding Runestone no longer triggers from the Chicken Augment companion powers.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's it ??? :(
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Considering this is something they threw together between this morning and tonight, it's a fair amount.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hottailerhottailer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Here's a complete list of tonight's patch notes:

Audio

Resolved an issue with several maps containing repeating sounds.

omg thx alot...it was so annoying to hear those repeated bg sounds in dungeons
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you serious? You did maintenance two days in a row on a Friday night for audio issues and chicken augments? And still no roar fix?
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the fixes guys.
  • Options
    s1n1c4ns1n1c4n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for not taking another week to fix the nonfix to heroic pvp encounters.
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hottailer wrote: »
    omg thx alot...it was so annoying to hear those repeated bg sounds in dungeons

Yes! I was wondering if my audio was broken LOL. I had to mute my game (which was a pain to hear attackers coming).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Are you serious? You did maintenance two days in a row on a Friday night for audio issues and chicken augments? And still no roar fix?
    My bad Friday night during peak hours?
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    hydropriesthydropriest Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i hope the non resurrectable honeybadger gets fixed soon, too. id rather have it work properly rather than remaining dead for 30 minutes.
  • Options
    s1n1c4ns1n1c4n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014

It's nearly always peak time as it is an international server, so it's always peak time for someone.
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Considering this is something they threw together between this morning and tonight, it's a fair amount.

Well that's not really why I'm wondering about this one.

Honestly, its not like these things were a major emergency, and the Black Ice Motherload has been broken since Preview.

So I was wondering why the emergency type maintenance.
  • Options
    coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Who's Peak Hours? Somewhere its the middle of the night. People are sleeping. Someone is going to be inconvenienced. And since the Servers and suchre in the US, guess where the staff wil choose to do it? You seriously think they would wake up at 3-4AM for it? And then the Other parts of the world/Time Zones would be unhappy. Deal with it... Build a Bridge and Move on!
  • Options
    bhindi1224bhindi1224 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i hope the non resurrectable honeybadger gets fixed soon, too. id rather have it work properly rather than remaining dead for 30 minutes.

I was wondering what was up with this. It's quite annoying. My question would be why there is emergency maintenance over an audio issue (cut sound of temporarily) and an augment pet giving too many stats (not hurting anyone honestly), instead of some of the more game breaking problems. The motherlode problems been there forever, I'm assuming that wasn't high priority before, so I'm also assuming it isn't now.

It just seems odd that this would be deemed an emergency fix. I'm also wondering why would it take 2 hours (or more) of downtime to fix those three things?
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    s1n1c4n wrote: »
    Thanks for not taking another week to fix the nonfix to heroic pvp encounters.
    have you ever thought that maybe the fix you are talking about, needs to be looked at carerfully so that it dont break another part of the game?? i take it you not a programer and my guess would be that just for the mod IWD its going to be 1 mil line at the least to 100 mil lines so its going to take time to fix bugs
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, its not like these things were a major emergency, and the Black Ice Motherload has been broken since Preview.

So I was wondering why the emergency type maintenance.

So, apparently you didn't visit either Tower District, Blacklake, or Dread Ring, hmm?
    They were very nearly unplayable without completely disabling all audio.
    Yep, not an emergency maintenance at all -- I'm sure every player goiing through those zones would have just loved to endure it all weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    coldcanuk wrote: »
    Who's Peak Hours? Somewhere its the middle of the night. People are sleeping. Someone is going to be inconvenienced. And since the Servers and suchre in the US, guess where the staff wil choose to do it? You seriously think they would wake up at 3-4AM for it? And then the Other parts of the world/Time Zones would be unhappy. Deal with it... Build a Bridge and Move on!
    DUde I dont care about peak hours for people, this "emergency maintenance" is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the things they're patching are not worth a second emergency maintenance in one day. They arent even addressing the bugs that most people are crying about like ROAR ffs They had 3 maintenances in 2 days and no roar fix, I'm reconsidering so many things right now.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    DUde I dont care about peak hours for people, this "emergency maintenance" is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the things they're patching are not worth a second emergency maintenance in one day. They are even addressing the bugs that most people are crying about like ROAR ffs They had 3 maintenances in 2 days and no roar fix, I'm reconsidering so many things right now.

I have a rogue buddy who's been complaining about this. From what I understand it completely ignores ITC? Are there any other issues with it?
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These were not enough to constitute an emergency (since they were all reported long before this..) I'm just going to have to believe there was some gaping hole or exploit that they aren't going to mention. I have to do this to keep my characters' henchmen from rebelling.. knowing that they only have <1 hour's work to keep them busy for the next 8 or 9 hours. =P

Sorry everyone.. I don't usually gripe, but I stayed up late just trying to get my two new characters over a hump in professions. Was on the last batch before setting the 8 hour tasks and calling it a night. Another 5 minutes or so and I would have made it.. haha
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bhindi1224 wrote: »
    I have a rogue buddy who's been complaining about this. From what I understand it completely ignores ITC? Are there any other issues with it?

Yeah man roar isnt meant to stun and disable its just meant to move you back for like half a second. Roar stuns you out of everything including stealth and disables ur skills for like seconds, its destroying pvp balance and they had 3 times to fix and didnt touch it but patched bs <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that nobody will even notice, im so irritated right now.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    hottailerhottailer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    DUde I dont care about peak hours for people, this "emergency maintenance" is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the things they're patching are not worth a second emergency maintenance in one day. They arent even addressing the bugs that most people are crying about like ROAR ffs They had 3 maintenances in 2 days and no roar fix, I'm reconsidering so many things right now.

ROAR will take more time fixing compared to fixes like the bg sounds of certain maps so let them try fix those...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hottailer wrote: »
    ROAR will take more time fixing compared to fixes like the bg sounds of certain maps so let them try fix those...

This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they are patching is not worth an emergency maintenance, roar would be worth an emergency maintenance since people will notice the fix ratehr than a sound bug or a chicken enchant??
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These were not enough to constitute an emergency (since they were all reported long before this..)

Actually, no. The audio stuff broke with yesterday's patch (yesterday and not this morning, right?), and the chicken thing only came up on the forums this afternoon.

Eldarth is right. The audio was really horrible in the most-affected zones.

As for the chickens, better to fix it now than to let it go for any length of time and allow people to think it was WAI and throw a ton of money at it for that reason.

Edit: Roar wouldn't be worth emergency maintenance unless it suddenly broke such that it instagibbed anything it hit (or stunned dragons). When it gets fixed/rebalanced/whatever, it'll go in a regular scheduled patch.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they are patching is not worth an emergency maintenance, roar would be worth an emergency maintenance since people will notice the fix ratehr than a sound bug or a chicken enchant??
    I believe overall esthetics > gameplay for some game devs *rolls eyes*

Not trying to say anything or even complain but roar and other things like feythistle boon (bane of RP) is disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I believe esthetics > gameplay for some game devs *rolls eyes*
    Dude this game needs new management/devs, Coal wards now bop now this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? this is all in one week btw. Plus the backlog of zen/ad exchange?
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    daermon888daermon888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh I was hearing a new grim sound in Sharandar second door/gate, sounds like ghosts in the forest,

I thought it was a really nice addition and made it more creepy and horrific, lol it was a good experience :)

I hope you dont correct this one if this sound was a bug....

Btw, I realllly like the new music in icewindale, the tune with bag pipes is awesome, making me relax on a braveheart mood....

And Id really like to see more of the music we hear at the beggining of the path leading to Sharandar Campain, its aweeesome,

i didn't hear it anywhere else....

Thanks!

Gotrek Gurnisson, son of Gurni.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Roar wouldn't be worth emergency maintenance unless it suddenly broke such that it instagibbed anything it hit (or stunned dragons). When it gets fixed/rebalanced/whatever, it'll go in a regular scheduled patch.

I think the point he was making is that you're right, Roar indeed wouldn't fall under emergency maintenance. But there have been several maintenances since the bug was revealed. I'd consider it pretty game breaking when you can completely disable one of the TR's most used survival skills in PVP. Not to mention the issues with it against other classes.

From my understanding it's been a problem for a while (just like the overcharged two piece black ice gear not letting you into Kessel's Retreat) and there has been no mention of when it 'might' be fixed. The 2 piece black ice gear problem was reported well before it even went live. I think the aesthetics > gameplay comparison might be valid.

Edited to reduce quote size.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually, no. The audio stuff broke with yesterday's patch (yesterday and not this morning, right?), and the chicken thing only came up on the forums this afternoon.

Eldarth is right. The audio was really horrible in the most-affected zones.

As for the chickens, better to fix it now than to let it go for any length of time and allow people to think it was WAI and throw a ton of money at it for that reason.

Yeah well, I have been in game all night, and I had no idea that this outage was going to happen.. and that's really what my post was about. I could care less when or how often they do maintenance. Usually I see things like 'The server is going down for maintenance in XX minutes.' They had this planned for two hours. Granted I was character hopping, micromanaging.. But I saw at least 4 different people saying 'battle undead... battle undead...' in that time. You'd think I'd have seen some sort of warning. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So many complaints, so few ideas to fix the issue. Everyone is calling for the Devs to do a better job, even though the chickens crowing the loudest have NO FREAKIN IDEA how to do what the Devs do.

Yes we all hate the coal ward change, but if zones are unplayable due to audio bugs (or anything else for that matter), then a hot-fix seems not just appropriate, but also necessary.

Stop crying that they haven't fixed your complaint and be happy that they are at least quickly addressing game breaking issues.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Their problem was misjudging their juggling skills, with releasing a major content update that likely needed a bit more time in the oven and making major far reaching changes that have upset the neverwinter economy in ways they may not have expected. They are in their firefighting gear and the hotspots they can put out, they do (also keep in mind there may be a fix in here they aren't wanting to discuss). Some will need to be dug at before being able to douse. Every iteration of this game makes the codebase more convoluted and more difficult to troubleshoot or prevent unintended consequences when changes are made. As stated before 2 hours is a generic patch ballpark figure. Likely the game will be running before that. I can't say I'm happy with the current state of the game, but I understand their pain.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    'battle undead... battle undead...' in that time. XD

Let me guess, BOTs at invoking place in Protectors Enclave?
This discussion has been closed.