test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Almost full T2 - less than 9100 GS? Bugged or I did something wrong?

mrshadowbgmrshadowbg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hey guys, what am I doing wrong so my GS is now lower after I equiped my Swashbuckling set? Dropped down from ~9200 to ~9070 and I switched 2xPvP pieces + 2xT1 pieces (master duelists) for 4x Swashbuckling?

My other gear is almost full T2 jewelrly, Swash T2 offhand and 120 Dragon Seals MH, T1 seals belt. I have green shirt and blue pants (looking to upgrade those now).
Post edited by mrshadowbg on

Comments

• Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother yourself with gearscore, it's just a meaningless number. And it scales weird for rogues... As long as you are over 9300 for never don't even think about it
  • Options
    mrshadowbgmrshadowbg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was my initial idea - to get to 9.3K...however instead I went down...

On top of that - everybody looks at the GS so I can't just say "hey I have 9.3K but that's because rogue gear scales strange". Everybody looks for 10-11k+ and I do not see how I can reach that when after equiping higher tier gear I go down...
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    The change from T1 to T2 doesn't add too much in GS, but it does add a bit. It might be that you had the first runed and the second without runes. If not, then report it as a bug (never heard of it tho).

From what you say your gear is, you should be at 10k+ (full T2 with rank 6 runes or better should put you over 11k).

Still, if you have a guild or friends to group with, it shouldn't matter. PUGing, yeah it helps to put out the numbers, but you can always just say that you have full T2 and people can check your gear after inviting.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed that epic level shirt/pants together (going from 30/50 greens) gives you from 300-700 GS depending on runes, that might be what you're missing to bump you to the next level.
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    the 2 piece bonus from pvp and 2 piece bonus from t1 set gave you stats, while replacing it for full swashbuckling you only got the bonus once, which is why you dropped in GearScore.
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    1) it could be a lack of gem/enchants and two going from 2x 2 piece bonuses to 1 4x set bonus always lowers your GS but in reality you are a better TR for it. its just the 2x bonus give you a massive stat boost and the 4x is a stat boost in combat via a proc or buff so GS doesn't know how to register it.
  • Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering I was over 11k gs in T1 gear I would wager you don't have epic gem'd shirt and pants. I'd also bet you are not using rank 7 gems in all your sockets. GS is your total offense and defense numbers added up.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But..if stats= gearscore, why the cat don't give any gs?
  • Options
    testuser5testuser5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your feats can also play into your gearscore. Corrected some early mistakes yesterday and saw my GS go up a few hundred points.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mrshadowbg wrote: »
    Hey guys, what am I doing wrong so my GS is now lower after I equiped my Swashbuckling set? Dropped down from ~9200 to ~9070 and I switched 2xPvP pieces + 2xT1 pieces (master duelists) for 4x Swashbuckling?

My other gear is almost full T2 jewelrly, Swash T2 offhand and 120 Dragon Seals MH, T1 seals belt. I have green shirt and blue pants (looking to upgrade those now).

I have experience this as well when I change to a higher tier gear my gear score go down for example before i used thayan sets and i have a gear score of 13k but I love pvp so I change my gear with profound item set even all my accessories, right now I only have 11k GS and to think I have better gems now than before most of them lvl 8 and I have vorpal and and soul forge. do you think its better to stay with the thayan gear rather than the profound items?
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gear score is the single most important thing to have if u want to pve.(even more for tr coz they worst pve class)
    for pvp is not important t1 perma spec 10gs beats bis rank 10 18gs combat tr anyday.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Consider getting T2 profund pvp gear even for pve, i've been using 2/2 scoundrel executioner for pve and 4 scoundrel pvp (perma reasons).
    anyway keep in mind that what also pumps your gs are boons from campaigns, also artifacts make your gs grow faster . buy grand necklace and grand belt from ah (only a few ad required) take minor grand rings from the draco selas vendor and then buy epic shirts and pants (they are really expensive so take your time)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited June 2014
    augments dont effect gs just stats thats why lfg says 12k + stone/cat
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Your gear score went down because PvP gear has tenacity which doesn't account for GS. Additionally, stats like movement speed also do not increase GS. You needn't concern yourself with GS at anything below 12K for a PvP TR. You would be able to perma pretty decently as soon as you hit 13K with ample recovery and INT.

If you are really into stacking gearscore: Go with a hybrid set. Two pieces X Set + two pieces Y Set = +450 more GS. PvE recommendation: Get the Hrimnir Set for your accessories.

More: Go for 3-GS-stat artifacts. Waters, Vanguards Banner, and Sigil of the GWF. All other artifacts have a third stat that do not add GS.

Work on your BOONS. On Both Shar and DR, the first 3 boons add 1300 GS.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    put enchants into your gear, blows my mind how you can have full t2 and be under 9k gs. With level 60 blues i had about a 9k gs....
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    wish u guys sometimes check date of the last post
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A fresh lv 60 with all blues (and a mulhorand weapon and cloak) with rank 5 enchants I had 8k GS.
    My other char has all boons from SH and DR, and 2 from ID, the scoundrel grim set and all purples still with lv 5 enchants and I have around 11.6k GS, when switching to PVE t1 set I had around 11.2k GS I have no idea how you can have 9k with full t2. :/
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It was a year ago... no boons, no artifacts, no companion bonuses. Possibly no enchantments due to waiting to get really good ones to slot them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, right, I didn't see the date from the first post, I saw the last ones and thought this was something recent, my bad. XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No, the bad of the person that bumped it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia