What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Ant-Monster) New MOD 3, GF Timeless PvE Build

Comments

• Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wtf your signature lvl99looter, do you know the word humble?, in all your posts I see "I'm one of the GF masters... bla bla bla".

Btw I didn't like the build, too much disorder on the mobs, I prefer to do the job of a Tank (a real one I mean).
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know 15% = 0.15

Like I say, I know my maths, but 0.15% is not 0.15.

You're right, apols, it is not in the original post, but I am pretty sure you mention somewhere, that people seem to think that arm pen of 24% is max but you disagree. Maybe in the vid itself. Not picking on word or trying to catch you out. Just wondering wether you indeed think it is higher, and why. As for your spec stats, I refer to your vid.

As for the calc itself you mentioned:

If you leave the percentage sign out it is correct, but I doubt you only get 3k damage. Prob more like 300k, right? So then the damage reduction as result of feat would still be about 20k (ie. 15% of the 44.7% = 6.7% of 300k)

I think your point might still be valid though.

Like I say, I have some doubt about some things you say (different opinion), but willing to learn some new things

Ahhh I see what you're getting at. You are correct, by me leaving the percent sign is can cause some confusion. Which contradicts the entire reason why I placed it there lol. I left the % there to help people follow along with what I was saying.

Also I agree. I think it's important to experience different points of views. Because you can incorporate different things you learn from others into your own ideas. For example. I was checking out a PvE Swordmaster, that rocks life steal and life drinker. And since SoS procs ALL weapon/armor enchants. That opens the door to all kinds of build creations. Really good example of this, is with the Frostburn and Bloodtheft enchants (which are horrible for PvP). But in PvE even a lesser with a (5% chance to proc) x (5 players) {If the GF is using SoS & Knight's Valor} = a 25% chance for it to proc. I'm thinking about investing more time into PvE Swordmaster builds. But I need to acquire some AD first lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Wtf your signature lvl99looter, do you know the word humble?, in all your posts I see "I'm one of the GF masters... bla bla bla".

Btw I didn't like the build, too much disorder on the mobs, I prefer to do the job of a Tank (a real one I mean).

Do as you please. Also keep in mind, I never said this was a tank role build. It's just DPS with some tanking capabilities build.
  • Options
    damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Do as you please. Also keep in mind, I never said this was a tank role build. It's just DPS with some tanking capabilities build.

Hey Ant,
    I am noticing more and more that the GF community is made of players who think only black or white, and they do not do anything to help to overcome the problems of this class, but they simply complain about everything. I wrote some posts over the last couple of weeks to give my contribution to this class community, but I really feel there is no hope for many GFs in this game.
    I am going to continue to play my GF as I always did because this class suits me, I will stay in the shadow, and I reply only on those posts where there are intelligent people with whom we can talk, take care Ant. Keep in touch mate
  • Options
    laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    Ant,

you still didn't reply on my Arm pen question
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    Hey Ant,
    I am noticing more and more that the GF community is made of players who think only black or white, and they do not do anything to help to overcome the problems of this class, but they simply complain about everything. I wrote some posts over the last couple of weeks to give my contribution to this class community, but I really feel there is no hope for many GFs in this game.
    I am going to continue to play my GF as I always did because this class suits me, I will stay in the shadow, and I reply only on those posts where there are intelligent people with whom we can talk, take care Ant. Keep in touch mate

Sounds lika plan brotha'man!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Also in your original post you suggested that you didn't think the max DR was 24%, do you have any reason to believe that, or anything to back that up?

Correction, I never said I didn't think anything. I just said most bosses have 24% damage resistance from "what I hear," and that my 2k ArP + my 17 DEX = 27% resistance ignored is more than enough if the allegation is true.

But as I said earlier, I'm choosing to keep my ArP at 2k+ because of Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Ant, was wondering why you kept is that high, but understand now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Ant, was wondering why you kept is that high, but understand now.

Fosho man!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Did anyone have any questions about the build, or any ideas on how I can improve the build?
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did anyone have any questions about the build, or any ideas on how I can improve the build?

In the video, you out-dsp'ed the great weapon fighter. Do you happen to remember the gear score difference and the rank of his (her?) enchants?
    Also, how much does the full Timeless set cost right now? I've been seeing some craazy stuff up on the AH. I didn't see any gauntlets and the helm was only 20k??!

P.S. It might be time for me to pull out my GF again!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    In the video, you out-dsp'ed the great weapon fighter. Do you happen to remember the gear score difference and the rank of his (her?) enchants?
    Also, how much does the full Timeless set cost right now? I've been seeing some craazy stuff up on the AH. I didn't see any gauntlets and the helm was only 20k??!

P.S. It might be time for me to pull out my GF again!! :D

I do not recall, but I did this today earlier today. Look at the stats:

K9zvQP5.jpg
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You forgot to mention that he died at beggining of the boss fight. Tons of damage later u outdpsed him...

Tank cant dps. Face it. Your latest scr sht says it all....

Tanks are tanks

30crjg5.png
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I do not recall, but I did this today earlier today. Look at the stats:

K9zvQP5.jpg

Hey there,

When I look that chart...

1) Poor GWF man, he had to carry everyone for VT, during a normal run a GWF/CW are doing around 10m-12m each and he did alone 21m.

2) Both TR and CW seems to be fresh lv 60. Obviously, you failed in your attempt to kill Valindra due to the lack of dps but if you killed her or at least were close (5% or less) with that group is admirable...

3) 2 hours 15 minutes? :eek:

I really like the GFs, I don't have anything against you or any other GF and they are always welcome in my groups as long as they go as buffers, specially, when they are wearing the Knight Captain Set, increasing my damage for 10%+ (at least) which in the end is more useful than the damage that the GF could have done going "full dps".

I have a question, why are you using Trample the Fallen against Valindra? Isn't she, as a boss, unable to be controlled? Meaning that if she can't be cc'd then you are not gaining the 15% dmg bonus. I have tested it with my GWF in some boss fights with really bad results.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey there,

When I look that chart...

1) Poor GWF man, he had to carry everyone for VT, during a normal run a GWF/CW are doing around 10m-12m each and he did alone 21m.

2) Both TR and CW seems to be fresh lv 60. Obviously, you failed in your attempt to kill Valindra due to the lack of dps but if you killed her or at least were close (5% or less) with that group is admirable...

3) 2 hours 15 minutes? :eek:

I really like the GFs, I don't have anything against you or any other GF and they are always welcome in my groups as long as they go as buffers, specially, when they are wearing the Knight Captain Set, increasing my damage for 10%+ (at least) which in the end is more useful than the damage that the GF could have done going "full dps".

I have a question, why are you using Trample the Fallen against Valindra? Isn't she, as a boss, unable to be controlled? Meaning that if she can't be cc'd then you are not gaining the 15% dmg bonus. I have tested it with my GWF in some boss fights with really bad results.

Trample the Fallen was slotted earlier in the beginning, had no need to change it. This isn't a typical VT run, we were experimenting during the entire dungeon. However, because of my new build. I wasn't expecting to be #2 in DPS. I have recorded footage of VT completed, but I feel Castle Never would be a better dungeon to kinda show off this build's potential. Especially since Draco is much much harder.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    TC, could you add just 3 usual screenshots to your starting post - showing your powers, feats and general gear altogether?
    Why forcing people to watch the video?
  • Options
    ferret09ferret09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Ant, remember me? I feel that I can add some insight to your PvE/PvP builds with the work that I have done crunching numbers. Check out this Crit/Apen/Power spreadsheet I made that compares the effectiveness of your stats. I believe you are stacking too much critical strike/Apen and could be using those stat points elsewhere.

Power Optimization Spreadsheet

How it works:
    As power increases, critical strike becomes more useful (crits are harder). Although not intuitive, as power and critical strike increase, armor pen becomes less useful. On the spreadsheet graph the power line (Orange) intersections indicate at what point power becomes better than the other stats. You can use this to optimize your DPS for PvE, and to optimize Apen for PvP (crit still offers burst damage for PvP).

Cheers.
    Suki@ferret09, Avalon Guild Officer, Okay or Okay?
    [SIGPIC]avalonguild.com[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    TC, could you add just 3 usual screenshots to your starting post - showing your powers, feats and general gear altogether?
    Why forcing people to watch the video?

Who's TC? Are you referring to me? If so, what does TC mean? And if you ARE referring to me, how am I FORCING people to watch my video lol??
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ferret09 wrote: »
    Hey Ant, remember me? I feel that I can add some insight to your PvE/PvP builds with the work that I have done crunching numbers. Check out this Crit/Apen/Power spreadsheet I made that compares the effectiveness of your stats. I believe you are stacking too much critical strike/Apen and could be using those stat points elsewhere.

Power Optimization Spreadsheet

How it works:
    As power increases, critical strike becomes more useful (crits are harder). Although not intuitive, as power and critical strike increase, armor pen becomes less useful. On the spreadsheet graph the power line (Orange) intersections indicate at what point power becomes better than the other stats. You can use this to optimize your DPS for PvE, and to optimize Apen for PvP (crit still offers burst damage for PvP).

Cheers.

Yo, thanks!
  • Options
    hello112211hello112211 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi Ant, thx for sharing. Do you have a GF Tank(not DPS) build to share too?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Ant, thx for sharing. Do you have a GF Tank(not DPS) build to share too?

I'm currently working on a tank PvP build. But I'm still runing tests; but so far so good. However you need a DC to maximize it's potential. I found a use for Guarded Assault, Knight's Valor, and a P. Lightning enchant xD!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm currently working on a tank PvP build. But I'm still run tests. So far so good. However you need a DC to maximize it's potential. I found a use for Guarded Assault, Knight's Valor, and a P. Lightning enchant xD!

That's quite a good idea, have you tested it in PvE?, I can see that Guard Assault + Enhanced Mark + KV + Enforced Threath + Villain's Menace + Iron Warrior + SoS + Perfect Lightning Enchantment could make you aggro like hell, you could generate Threath even by blocking, and KV + SoS + the P. Lightning would make a freaking Storm!.

P.S.: Now I have a doubt, may Briartwine + P.Lightning work?.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's quite a good idea, have you tested it in PvE?, I can see that Guard Assault + Enhanced Mark + KV + Enforced Threath + Villain's Menace + Iron Warrior + SoS + Perfect Lightning Enchantment could make you aggro like hell, you could generate Threath even by blocking, and KV + SoS + the P. Lightning would make a freaking Storm!.

P.S.: Now I have a doubt, may Briartwine + P.Lightning work?.

And it's that very same storm that I'm trying to perfect for PvP xD!! So far I've gotten triple kills the SoS/KV/P. Lightning combo, and I didn't even have to land a final hit using any of other encounters lol. I'm recording some footage right now, to have something to display when I reveal it. But I've seen squishies go from 100% HP to about 15-20% HP when my entire party is near each other, It's pretty intense lol.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And it's that very same storm that I'm trying to perfect for PvP xD!! So far I've gotten triple kills the SoS/KV/P. Lightning combo, and I didn't even have to land a final hit using any of other encounters lol. I'm recording some footage right now, to have something to display when I reveal it. But I've seen squishies go from 100% HP to about 15-20% HP when my entire party is near each other, It's pretty intense lol.

Correct me if Im wrong but for that to work people have to attack you right ( In PVE that's a given but in PVP..). As a GWF and GF player I make it a point not to strike someone unstoppable or someone with swords flying in circle around him. In other words this will work on fairly unexperienced players who by default also have low GS and die easily anyway. The setup you are testing though quite elaborate is very situational and requires enemies who dont think or dont know what a GF can do. For PVP personally I prefer a more straight forward approach. I guess Ill enjoy your videos tho :)

EDIT: Nvm I had my coffee and can now see your point, KV makes it work even if ppl dont attack u directly
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong but for that to work people have to attack you right ( In PVE that's a given but in PVP..). As a GWF and GF player I make it a point not to strike someone unstoppable or someone with swords flying in circle around him. In other words this will work on fairly unexperienced players who by default also have low GS and die easily anyway. The setup you are testing though quite elaborate is very situational and requires enemies who dont think or dont know what a GF can do. For PVP personally I prefer a more straight forward approach. I guess Ill enjoy your videos tho :)

EDIT: Nvm I had my coffee and can now see your point, KV makes it work even if ppl dont attack u directly

That's the point of KV, if they hit anyone of the 5 guys in your party they would be reciving Damage (the trick I think that Ant Monster is suggesting is that you use KV, then block all the incoming attacks, and with Guard Assault it would activate P.Lightning, with SoS it would be even more intense), while you would be practically giving 50% DR to your party, and if you have a DC you can be doing that practically the 30-40% of the time.

Now, it would work well in theory, but to see it in practice will have to wait...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's the point of KV, if they hit anyone of the 5 guys in your party they would be reciving Damage (the trick I think that Ant Monster is suggesting is that you use KV, then block all the incoming attacks, and with Guard Assault it would activate P.Lightning, with SoS it would be even more intense), while you would be practically giving 50% DR to your party, and if you have a DC you can be doing that practically the 30-40% of the time.

Now, it would work well in theory, but to see it in practice will have to wait...

*Gives you a high five, and nods head*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Nvm I had my coffee and can now see your point, KV makes it work even if ppl dont attack u directly

Hahaha xD!! You guys crack me up man!
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Could you stop with all these ideas please? Or do you want me to actually PAY to get another char slot and make me roll a GF? :D

Really, the GF was my first toon (on another accu, I had 2 to try and find which toon I liked best), then I rolled a HR and I'm sticking to it. Second toon, a low level CW (various reasons including aesthetics XD). But as soon as I manage (let me "complete" the first char) I WILL roll a GF!
    Also due to all the ingenious comments and tactics people like you all guys provide every day.

Keep up the good work, and maybe reformat all this brainstorming into a page or something so new GF don't have to take much punishments.

See ya in DD :D
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Could you stop with all these ideas please? Or do you want me to actually PAY to get another char slot and make me roll a GF? :D

Really, the GF was my first toon (on another accu, I had 2 to try and find which toon I liked best), then I rolled a HR and I'm sticking to it. Second toon, a low level CW (various reasons including aesthetics XD). But as soon as I manage (let me "complete" the first char) I WILL roll a GF!
    Also due to all the ingenious comments and tactics people like you all guys provide every day.

Keep up the good work, and maybe reformat all this brainstorming into a page or something so new GF don't have to take much punishments.

See ya in DD :D

Will do brotha'man, will do! But as of right now. Take yourself from a headache lol... Don't roll a GF right now. Not until we receive a buff.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have you tried the Black Ice gear? The head and arms have considerable ArPen. I actually had to change my neck and belt because with Dex bonus I was at 28% Added Crit and Power and REMOVED ArPen on my GF. Not sure what I will have to change when I get to the chest and can full-set.