What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Ant-Monster) New MOD 3, GF Timeless PvE Build

Comments

• Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I haven't had a chance to get my hands on the Black Ice gear yet. I'm interested in what kinda of build we can make using it.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Look real hard at the stats on the corrupted. You can boost the power and crit with empowerment beyond what the ctrJ version lists as well. Not in love with the set bonus yet but the raw stats are pretty angry.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How much crit do you think we'll be able to achieve?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Not sure. It is Kessel day and I am still re-working My HR who lost ArPen with the BI gear. Testing her out last night I scored PainGiver in DK. Once I settle on a build I'll let you know.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Not sure. It is Kessel day and I am still re-working My HR who lost ArPen with the BI gear. Testing her out last night I scored PainGiver in DK. Once I settle on a build I'll let you know.

Fosho man, thanks I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Currently over 2k crit with pyros and smiting nefarious. Using the pro-conq chest for Pow. Still 28% ArPen with dex bonus. Not sure how to drop more but IWD mobs can have >24% miti so I'll adjust more after a few Kessel runs. Might change neck to optimax more. Can't say for Full Corrupted for another 10 days :( I am not using overloads yet which add another 600 Crit. And that is at lesser ad greaters are not yet available. Preliminary assessment We will be able to get well into decreased returns in crit and ArPen and there is not much more power to stack for conq. Likely will go even further into recovery to up DPS.
  • Options
    elsumonnerelsumonner Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey Man! I love your build works totally fine for me.Being able to dps and also tank is just ... multitastic!(XD Combat Arms xD)
    Keep up the good work !!!
  • Options
    xjosh19xjosh19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @lvl99looter According to your sign there is going to be a GF buff, do you happen to know how is it going to be? And what are they buffing?
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I haven't had a chance to get my hands on the Black Ice gear yet. I'm interested in what kinda of build we can make using it.

I have 4 pieces of the purchased normal stuff and its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I gotta get it upgraded and maybe it will be better. But charging it up with blackice sounds annoying.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    xjosh19 wrote: »
    @lvl99looter According to your sign there is going to be a GF buff, do you happen to know how is it going to be? And what are they buffing?

This is all we know!
    Hey guys, I wanted to drop by and talk a bit about Guardian Fighters and what is going on with them in the coming months. We have heard your feedback, and have been looking hard at where and how they fit into combat and group structure. We decided that we did not have time to implement the changes we wanted to make to improve Guardian Fighter utility, group strength, and tanking tools and still get adequate testing in. Therefore we wanted to step back and take a longer look at Guardians and make some bigger changes to them on a longer time frame where we could get more testing in.

We wanted to address a couple of really big issues that we feel are impeding the Guardian's ability to tank in groups. While we have not finalized the specifics about the changes we are making, I wanted to share some of the major issues we are hitting with the changes we are working on.
    • Threat Generation and Aggro Control - We know how frustrating it is to try and maintain threat with how much damage other classes can dish out, so we are making some key changes to allow the Guardian to both capitalize on that and generate substantially more threat in his own kit as well.
    • Interaction between Blocking and healers - We are looking at several options to adjust Block that removes some of the binary "I am blocking and therefore don't really benefit from healing" gameplay that exists as well as the risk of Block being broken so rapidly under sustained fire.
    • Group utility benefits - We wanted to provide some buffs that allow the Guardian to empower his teammates a bit as well as long as he is fulfilling his role correctly and maintaining threat on targets, and we have a couple ideas we are trying to allow the guardian to provide some pretty powerful increases to ally output without sacrificing the core of his role.
    I don't currently have a timeline for when you guys will be able to see these things, but I wanted you guys to know we are taking your feedback and we are working on changes to improve Guardian gameplay and tanking in general.

Thank you again for the continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?636721-So-what-is-going-to-be-done-about-guardian-fighters&p=7874751#post7874751

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I have 4 pieces of the purchased normal stuff and its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I gotta get it upgraded and maybe it will be better. But charging it up with blackice sounds annoying.

I don't wanna grind for more gearz xD!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Especially gear that give more defense and no crit, arp,

• Options
    edited June 2014

However, if the new Call to Arms has a decent looking double sided battle axe. I might make an exception >_>!! Btw, I canceled my new PvP tank/reflection build. I don't have enough supplies to continue my research lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    However, if the new Call to Arms has a decent looking double sided battle axe. I might make an exception >_>!! Btw, I canceled my new PvP tank/reflection build. I don't have enough supplies to continue my research lol.

I respecced into a reflection tank build myself for 1 day! I had Greater Briartwine and Guarded assault with 10% Regen 10% Life Steal hoping to create a self healing annoying monster. However tenacity effects the reflective damage and it was so low the significance of the damage was ridiculous and the subsequent return from it in the form of Life steal was laughable on an epic scale!

It really sucks we GF have to resort to tricks and hybrid gear spec breaking bonuses and playing weird crazy tactics trying to be viable!

I reflected 6.2%

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Getting up to the crafting you end up getting a lot of BI. And once you get to Kessel it drops like candy. Also just going through the campaign gives you a stack of minor black ice salve which extends your charge enough that you really don't need much to maintain it. If you are feeling lazy just pick up 4 master cyros and put it on the long refine.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I respecced into a reflection tank build myself for 1 day! I had Greater Briartwine and Guarded assault with 10% Regen 10% Life Steal hoping to create a self healing annoying monster. However tenacity effects the reflective damage and it was so low the significance of the damage was ridiculous and the subsequent return from it in the form of Life steal was laughable on an epic scale!

It really sucks we GF have to resort to tricks and hybrid gear spec breaking bonuses and playing weird crazy tactics trying to be viable!

I reflected 6.2%

Is does suck that we have to try so hard, but at the same time we're winning. Here's way, by the time we get a decent buff. So many "decent" GF's are gonna have the skills & tricks to absolutely DESTROY in PvP. Especially those of us who are innovators or like to try new things. Also, my build's healing allowed me to survive a decent amount of time against 3-5 people. But one thing I noticed is, SoS seems to have a damage cap (I could be wrong). But the reason why I say this is because, I've had a couple enemies hit 10k+ on me, and SoS would only damage them for like 1k, which is NOT good. I think what makes SoS work best is small rapid hits against you. Because I NEVER see big chunks removed from the enemy's health by SoS after getting the **** smacked outa me...
  • Options
    otong39otong39 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2014
    But one thing I noticed is, SoS seems to have a damage cap (I could be wrong). But the reason why I say this is because, I've had a couple enemies hit 10k+ on me, and SoS would only damage them for like 1k, which is NOT good. I think what makes SoS work best is small rapid hits against you. Because I NEVER see big chunks removed from the enemy's health by SoS after getting the **** smacked outa me...
    Yes, I think SoS only works great against low dmg rapid hits e.g. TR's Duelist Flurry with Bilethorn/GWF's Sure Strike with GPF and Unstoppable activated. It doesnt work that well against massive burst dmg like Ice Knife or IBS.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is does suck that we have to try so hard, but at the same time we're winning. Here's way, by the time we get a decent buff. So many "decent" GF's are gonna have the skills & tricks to absolutely DESTROY in PvP. Especially those of us who are innovators or like to try new things. Also, my build's healing allowed me to survive a decent amount of time against 3-5 people. But one thing I noticed is, SoS seems to have a damage cap (I could be wrong). But the reason why I say this is because, I've had a couple enemies hit 10k+ on me, and SoS would only damage them for like 1k, which is NOT good. I think what makes SoS work best is small rapid hits against you. Because I NEVER see big chunks removed from the enemy's health by SoS after getting the **** smacked outa me...

Yep, I noticed that too, when they hit me by 1K or Less I Reflect a big portion of the Damage, when they Hit 10K or more (IBS, Aimed Shot, etc...) I only see that my SoS is doing 700 or 800, I would prefer if it worked on a percentage (like 50%) and with no cap, instead of as functions now, so at least if I get 10K in a hit I could reflect 5K.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    otong39 wrote: »
    Yes, I think SoS only works great against low dmg rapid hits e.g. TR's Duelist Flurry with Bilethorn/GWF's Sure Strike with GPF and Unstoppable activated. It doesnt work that well against massive burst dmg like Ice Knife or IBS.

EXACTLY Stramala. I be expecting to see SoS smack foos for like at LEAST 4k when I get crit'd on for 10k+...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Yep, I noticed that too, when they hit me by 1K or Less I Reflect a big portion of the Damage, when they Hit 10K or more (IBS, Aimed Shot, etc...) I only see that my SoS is doing 700 or 800, I would prefer if it worked on a percentage (like 50%) and with no cap, instead of as functions now, so at least if I get 10K in a hit I could reflect 5K.

Exactly... I'ma add that my GF Review post.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

??? Corrupted gauntlets and helmet each give 366 ArPen each empowered to 3. So 732 for the set. The fet arms and head together (won't see chest for another week and a half) give 1,098 power too btw. And ad I pointed out with lessers in the overloads you can get an extra 600 ArPen, Power, or crit. Pick one ;)
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Right on the spot man! I have 4 sets of armor and a few rings and other stuff, that i can mix for my GF and i'm so so sorry, that i wasted many Ad and some money too on them, tested them in theory and in praxis, like in PVE and PVP and skirmishes. The point is, they are all nearly the same, i feel like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in them.

So i decided, that i will not spend my hard earned AD on the Black Ice gear, it has very weak stats and if you don't have a goldmine to swap the enchants in and out, you would have to fill it up too and with being so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i will not spend AD for enchants to do it, especially now, that prices have gone up the sky. I can live without Kessel's skirmish.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited June 2014
    You do not spend AD on BI gear. You know what I spent? The gold to move my enchants over. The one place you are right Mathias is that GF gear is generally garbage. The only exceptional effect we had was KC and they nerfed it. But here's the thing you cannot buy BI gear with AD. Just time. And it is the first GF set that has offensive stats. The bonus is not great for a GWF who has AoW. Or a CW's HV. Honestly I do not think it is the best build for HR either. But look at it closely. This is a GF set, with offefnsive stats, and an offensive set bonus. And in case you were worried it has tenacity too. I haven't been here since beta or anything but it is the nicest thing I have seen for the class.
  • Options
    zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I haven't really tested the purified gear, if it work like the ranger healing proc it would be awesome.

Purified 4/4 BI set with the BI accessory Purified set that also heals. i'm hoping it doesn't give a ICD of 60 seconds though
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I suppose. But the purified's only offensive stat is recovery. Might make a bigger meat-shield. I will say that the cold-shoulder boon has a great proc rate if you are constantly engaged with 5-8 mobs.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I chose to go down the Purified path. Reason being, my PVP set is the Profound Preserver, so I have built myself around a defensive package with jewellery providing me with some grunt. The HP numbers on the Purified set are also glorious and I have 11% regen in PVP, so more HP will equate to bigger regen ticks. Plus I can tweak the Overload slots as need be to compensate for the loss of deeps; power for PVE encounters, arpen for PVP.

The 2x2 and 4x4 set bonuses also look better to me in terms of PVP survivability. One adds a bit more meat to our paper shield and the other works like a mini Barkshield plus it offers the chance to self heal.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    I chose to go down the Purified path. Reason being, my PVP set is the Profound Preserver, so I have built myself around a defensive package with jewellery providing me with some grunt. The HP numbers on the Purified set are also glorious and I have 11% regen in PVP, so more HP will equate to bigger regen ticks. Plus I can tweak the Overload slots as need be to compensate for the loss of deeps; power for PVE encounters, arpen for PVP.

The 2x2 and 4x4 set bonuses also look better to me in terms of PVP survivability. One adds a bit more meat to our paper shield and the other works like a mini Barkshield plus it offers the chance to self heal.

So you're aiming for a tanky build?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Doubling up on the overides that heal is kinda working for me but I can't stay away from the corrupted's stats...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Doubling up on the overides that heal is kinda working for me but I can't stay away from the corrupted's stats...

Hmm... I wonder.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mod note: if you want to give the build poster constructive criticism, that is fine. using derogatory terms like 'fail video' and antagonistic commentary is not acceptable and will be removed from the thread. if you can't respect other posters, then your posts will be removed.

thanks.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.