test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140506a.4

2»

Comments

• masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey! Did they mention about taking back the Split Shot nerf ? I mean did they ever mention about it ? Not only for this patch
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Enemies
    Black Ice Beholder: Made an FX budget and performance pass to help with this fight (loot, players and other entities may still stop drawing if there are too many)

May I ask Why hasn't it been fixed Fully? you have enough data/posts surely its been like this for 8/9 days and im not sure how much "help"will be regarding the new areas/heroics encounters as your test servers / data is based on a limited number of players where as the server will be ALOT higher
    Because they can't.

The Cryptic Engine has an absolute maximum number of entities it can draw and apparently (I haven't seen this fight myself) this battle hits that number (and rather easily, from asking people who have gotten to it).

There is no fix to this, at all. The worst part? What gets displayed and what doesn't is completely random, although players and mobs should be the absolute last thing to start vanishing.

This has been an issue in CO and STO since, well, always. And STO players are in a huge uproar this Season (think NW's Modules) since it almost seems that even more effects are thrown around in battles than usual.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey! Did they mention about taking back the Split Shot nerf ? I mean did they ever mention about it ? Not only for this patch

They did ,it was 45% reduction of damage ,it is now 25% plus HR got a bunch of other minor buffs for other skills , highly doubt that they will return it to how it was since HR is lined up for a future nerf.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They did ,it was 45% reduction of damage ,it is now 25% plus HR got a bunch of other minor buffs for other skills , highly doubt that they will return it to how it was since HR is lined up for a future nerf.

Well I guess u miss that the HR's only skill which helps him to damage was Split Shot and with a nerf on it nobody wants a HR in a dungeon even if u have 17k GS and lots of enchantments and with the Combat Advantage bonus fixed. I believe that's what wrong about the nerf plus if there was a better aoe or single target skill which is usable like Indomitable Battle Strike of GWF, I wouldn't mind the Split Shot nerf but as i said in this circumstances that nerf made HRs last choice in PvE play.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Because they can't.

The Cryptic Engine has an absolute maximum number of entities it can draw and apparently (I haven't seen this fight myself) this battle hits that number (and rather easily, from asking people who have gotten to it).

There is no fix to this, at all. The worst part? What gets displayed and what doesn't is completely random, although players and mobs should be the absolute last thing to start vanishing.

This has been an issue in CO and STO since, well, always. And STO players are in a huge uproar this Season (think NW's Modules) since it almost seems that even more effects are thrown around in battles than usual.

So you are implying that they knew this is an inherent problem/limitation in their system and they know about it before Mod 3 and still went ahead with the launch and the introduction of HEs? Hmmm...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well I guess u miss that the HR's only skill which helps him to damage was Split Shot and with a nerf on it nobody wants a HR in a dungeon even if u have 17k GS and lots of enchantments and with the Combat Advantage bonus fixed. I believe that's what wrong about the nerf plus if there was a better aoe or single target skill which is usable like Indomitable Battle Strike of GWF, I wouldn't mind the Split Shot nerf but as i said in this circumstances that nerf made HRs last choice in PvE play.

Don't blame me , you asked a question and I gave you the answer , aim your complaints at gentlemancrush who is the systems designer xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Don't blame me , you asked a question and I gave you the answer , aim your complaints at gentlemancrush who is the systems designer xD
    :D I dont blame u dont worry :D i'm just making my point to make it seen by some devs :D also thx for response :)
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    So you are implying that they knew this is an inherent problem/limitation in their system and they know about it before Mod 3 and still went ahead with the launch and the introduction of HEs? Hmmm...

Yes. /10char

EDIT: You can sometimes get around this by lowering your visual quality. Then it won't draw as many effects...and then of course it also makes your game look a lot worse in the process.

Again: This has been a problem since launch of both CO and STO. Cryptic knows very well the limitations of their own engine (which has been used in all three games with slight modifications).
  • iskinderiskinder Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    • General: Drow: Darkfire: This racial bonus should no longer affect allies or friendly targets.

I am happy, so very happy! :cool:

Thanks!
    yeah it is going to be nice only debuffing enemies
  • autylautyl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    One thing to note. That while the patch size is over 2gb, that includes the total size of files being modified and not everything you have to download. The actual amount of data transferred is under a gb (which still makes it a big patch, but not quite as big as you think just looking at the patch size).

I understand it all..just wonder why this is sooo slow..and it isnt my connection..30 mins for 40%
    anyway..thanks for all the hard work the whole team over there is doing :)
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1% in a little over three hours. 26.6MB patched, that's it. At this rate I'll be all patched by Monday.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A pessimist would say it can't get any worse, optimist would say it can.
    Before this patch I was pessimist ... now I am an optimist :)
    realy it get worse and worse. Before this patch game was barely playable, now it is totally unplayable. Never see such non-tested release.
    Immediately after patch i tried GG PVP. Scoreboard is bugger (who cares anyway) but at some point my char became totally uncontrollable - it was moving random directions even when i sopped hitting my keyboard. OK maybe it was one time issue, too many people are patching at once, etc. but NO. I tried second time - absolutely same effect.
    and i don't even want to start talking about FC dungeon it was almost as bad before patch but now it is also totally unplayable.
    Now then only thing i can do i to sit and wait for next patch. Hope it won't be about tails and eats but something relay important.
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    • General: Drow: Darkfire: This racial bonus should no longer affect allies or friendly targets.

Thanks!

Now begins the long, slow process of watching drow clerics get team-kicked and then us informing the team that no, they really CAN be trusted..! This IS very good to hear, though. Err...assuming anyone can confirm that it seems to be working properly now?

Speaking of 'working now', does anyone know if Fey Thistle still keeps doing the 'I Shall Consume Your Empowered Black Ice timer' thing where it keeps putting you into a combat stance? Things sometimes do get fixed and don't always make it to patch notes, so I thought I'd ask since TODAY is the day my high-Deflect alt gets access to it...! I noticed one comment from Vasdamas about looking forward to seeing it fixed, but I wasn't clear if that meant it was surely still broken.

-liz
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ADDED BONUS!!!! They fixed the shadow wolf mount walk animation!!! great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thanks!

Sweet! Now I can play my drow cleric once more! *does a little dance*
    Her survivability is almost next to nothing solo lol
  • thugthe1stonethugthe1stone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix GF..i made thread in bug report..
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't see anything about CW's sudden storm in patch notes, but I think it works differently now. It is true or I am going crazy?
This discussion has been closed.