test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140506a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Hi all,

For a full list of today's patch notes head here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5004973-release-notes%3A-5%2F22%2F14

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter no longer gets permanently stuck if the motherload is mined out too quickly.

Awesome!

I think you guys forgot about this one though:
    After reconsideration, the nerf to the Hunter Ranger ability "Split Shot" has been reverted to bring the class more in line with the damage capability of GWF and other classes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just read all the new patch notes and it seems there is no Full fix in place for Server issues / Drawing Issues and Lag?

Patch work at best it seems :(

Enemies

Black Ice Beholder: Made an FX budget and performance pass to help with this fight (loot, players and other entities may still stop drawing if there are too many)

May I ask Why hasn't it been fixed Fully? you have enough data/posts surely its been like this for 8/9 days and im not sure how much "help"will be regarding the new areas/heroics encounters as your test servers / data is based on a limited number of players where as the server will be ALOT higher

Performance

Resolved an issue that could severely reduce the performance of game servers for short periods of time.

To be sure this didn't make it unplayable for short periods of time it was for "long periods of time
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well then i have to ask when you will fix doors in CN? Oh wait, you can not fix TR encounter impossible to catch from begun of game. But of course fixing appearance is more important xD
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    • General: Drow: Darkfire: This racial bonus should no longer affect allies or friendly targets.

I am happy, so very happy! :cool:

Thanks!
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    May I ask Why hasn't it been fixed Fully?

It seems like to avoid performance problems, they sometimes greatly reduce line of sight when there's like 20-30 players and enemies really close.

The fix is making it so the Beholder is always visible, basically only because he can one-shot you.

It's as "full" of a fix as they can do I imagine given the restrictions of online play.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    To be sure this didn't make it unplayable for short periods of time it was for "long periods of time
    I think you misunderstand. The lag issues, while they have been happening for a while, happen in short spurts but happen so often that they seem like they are constant.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix the visual skin for the Dragonslayer boots please:confused:
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • kabayorangerkabayoranger Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pls fix the SP bug too
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fix the visual skin for the Dragonslayer boots please:confused:

Please do... cause clearly there is nothing more urgent!

Signed,

All the broken classes and content.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    canmann wrote: »

Signed,

Actually, if you check the patch notes they fixed elves ears and tiefling tails and nothing else really important so what I asked is perfectly possible. ;)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited May 2014
    canmann wrote: »

Signed,

. . . One's own priority many not be the priority of another, nor that of the Developers. Furthermore, some fixes are easier than others which is why some things get fixed before other things that one may deem more important. There's no need to jump in with such comments folks, let's stay constructive. Thanks!
  • exortrionistexortrionist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    please fix the SP bug :)

we can't open the chest even we have the key :D
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the fixes. Hopefully these measures will remove or at least greatly reduce the lag in IWD and DV.

BTW, is the Waukeen event happening?

Also, I tried to log into the launcher to initiate the patch early, use to work before but now i get "Unable to authenticate" and won't start patching....anyone else got this?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No double and triple kills fix?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Interaction Failed: Another Player Has Exhausted This Node" Message - FIXED
    No it's not,still get that message,mostly in encounters.
    edited May 2014
    "Interaction Failed: Another Player Has Exhausted This Node" Message - FIXED
    No it's not,still get that message,mostly in encounters.
    Maintenance hasn't completed yet, this patch won't be in effect until the server comes back up and you patch the game.
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Also, I tried to log into the launcher to initiate the patch early, use to work before but now i get "Unable to authenticate" and won't start patching....anyone else got this?
    Try again, I am patching right now. Server still isn't up however.

radtatat wrote: »
    BTW, is the Waukeen event happening?

The Waukeen Event goes live at 10:00am PDT (1:00pm EDT), so there may be some time between end of maintenance and when the Event begins.
  • accorbationaccorbation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is server back up yet?
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    • General: Drow: Darkfire: This racial bonus should no longer affect allies or friendly targets.

I am happy, so very happy! :cool:

Thanks!
    Am I dreaming? Or did they actually fix THAT ONE ? Oo

Okay, now I think I will be looking forward to Fey Thistle bug fix which is annoying as hell when you like both PvP and RP -.-

P.S It says 2gb patch for me O_o
  • kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Items: Zen Market Coupons now drop from enemies slightly more often.

what are these?
    I dont think i have ever seen them drop
    edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Am I dreaming? Or did they actually fix THAT ONE ? Oo

Okay, now I think I will be looking forward to Fey Thistle bug fix which is annoying as hell when you like both PvP and RP -.-

P.S It says 2gb patch for me O_o
    *pinches you*

2.5gb here as well.
    edited May 2014
    kempo23 wrote: »
    what are these?
    I dont think i have ever seen them drop
    They are limited time items (60 minutes and they delete themselves) which will allow you to get an X-amount% discount on a specific Zen purchase. When in the Zen shop, there is a promotion item drop down. If you have one in your inventory, it will appear in that drop-down to apply to your next purchase. So far I have only seen 15% off a companion purchase. The level 45 level-up chest contains one, so don't open your level 45 chest until you're ready to buy a companion.
    edited May 2014
    Is server back up yet?
    Keep an eye on the OP of this thread:
    Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 5/22 7 AM PDT (Pacific)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, was unable to authenticate my login, had panic attack, changed password, still didn't work. Working fine now, lol.

Hope the CC issues really have been improved. Forward to checking that out once server is back up.
    edited May 2014
    Btw, what about GG PvP objective of killing one thousand of NPCs? I remember somebody told me that on preview not only just the adds at 2nd and 4th nodes counted in but also those duergars we can kill during the first phase of Gauntlgrym?
  • silvirissilviris Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You know...it's a good thing I have unlimited internet download capacity. It seems like every weekly maintenance cycle has 2+ gigs to download for the patch. I thought this was weekly maintenance, not full scale patches.....
    edited May 2014
    silviris wrote: »
    You know...it's a good thing I have unlimited internet download capacity. It seems like every weekly maintenance cycle has 2+ gigs to download for the patch. I thought this was weekly maintenance, not full scale patches.....
    Major patches usually fall in line with Maintenance. It's been this way since release, as it's the best time to implement patches. So, always expect a patch on Maintenance day and then when it's small or there is none, you'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)
    edited May 2014
    Good for you, I don't T_T

Paying a fortune for all those updates lol Wireless internet is expensive...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

One thing to note. That while the patch size is over 2gb, that includes the total size of files being modified and not everything you have to download. The actual amount of data transferred is under a gb (which still makes it a big patch, but not quite as big as you think just looking at the patch size).
This discussion has been closed.