test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Ant-Monster) New MOD 3, GF Timeless PvE Build

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
(Updated 5/21/14)

Yo what's going on peoplez, Ant-Monster here once again with some positivity for the GF. Despite ALL the flaws the GF has compared to other classes (especially in PvP). I've noticed a lot of players seeking a new PvE build since the release of module 3. Well look no further, here's a build that's been around for a while; but just wasn't popular. I am NOT the originator of this build. However I did sprinkle a lil bit of Ant-Monster on it, and now I'm dishing it out to the public haha!

(PvP) As of right now, no build is the perfect build. Because of fact that HR's, GWF's, TR's and CW's require different powers (encounters) against them. We have to find a hybrid selection of powers that will allow us to fight the other classes as well, and the gear has to compliment this selection. So that's where it gets tricky.

I'm more than happy to help research a GF PvP build, but I simply can't do it alone. I need more resources (items/enchants/artifacts) to experiment with. Obtaining AD is very difficult these days, since they keep making it harder and harder to earn it. They're trying too pressure people into buying ZEN =/... So help a brotha out with his PvP research by donating to the Ant-Monster's PvP Research Foundation LOL!! (Open image in new tab to enlarge it)

RfAfh8M.jpg

Click here to learn the Timeless Hero PvE build!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Video blocked due to copyrights violations XD This happens in Italy, not sure in the US or other countries

I tried to post an image using dropbox, but I cannot. Could you tell me how to post images step by step? thanks ant-monster
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    Video blocked due to copyrights violations XD This happens in Italy, not sure in the US or other countries

I tried to post an image using dropbox, but I cannot. Could you tell me how to post images step by step? thanks ant-monster

Step 1. Go to http://imgur.com/
    Step 2. Towards the top-right, click on computer.
    Step 3. Select an image.
    Step 4. Click "Start Upload."
    Step 5. Once uploaded, click on your image in enlarge it.
    Step 6. Copy URL.

Also, restart the video. Because I had to acknowledge the copyrighted material. It should work for you now, if not sorry brotha'man but I tried xD!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks mate, imgur worked just fine ;)

The video does not start, but thanks for trying :)
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did you add copyrighted music over the video? Youtube will detect that and go ape****. I have a unblocking plugin since in my country videos with music are almost always blocked by default and even the plugin gave up on the video.

I hope you can fix that, I'm looking forward to seeing the video!
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This video contains content from SME, UMG, BMG_Rights_Management, Warner Chappell, The Orchard Music and PRS CS, one or more of whom have blocked it on copyright grounds.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Alright guys, I re-uploaded the video. Enjoy, and tell me watcha think.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Watched it entirely. Very nice Video :)

maybe you can try little variations on your build

1.Respec only yor talents, apparently ARMOR SPECIALIZATION is bugged, it does not increase your AC and Defense. Some other pleayers and I do not get any benefit from it.

2.If this build is meant for PVE only you can lower armor penetration up to 1750/1800, you already have 7/8% arp. throught dexterity, am i correct? :)

Great job!
  • Options
    firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014

I think you should remove your fail video.

Seriously : a timeless + vorpal build , and you go tank a weak boss : useless because this mean nothing.

A fine build should allow you to keep all adds without healer on your team and without going near the boss : mean you allow 4 dps to quickly down the boss.

So please : no more fail build (vorpal for dps gf is really bad) and no more thing like dps build for tanking weak boss (proof nothing about your build)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Watched it entirely. Very nice Video :)

maybe you can try little variations on your build

1.Respec only yor talents, apparently ARMOR SPECIALIZATION is bugged, it does not increase your AC and Defense. Some other pleayers and I do not get any benefit from it.

2.If this build is meant for PVE only you can lower armor penetration up to 1750/1800, you already have 7/8% arp. throught dexterity, am i correct? :)

Great job!

Correct, this build is for PvE only. Also, I was looking at my ArP as well. Because I heard boss's damage resistance is only 25% (so they say lol). But keep in mind the ArP is also useful in Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Seriously : a timeless + vorpal build , and you go tank a weak boss : useless because this mean nothing.

A fine build should allow you to keep all adds without healer on your team and without going near the boss : mean you allow 4 dps to quickly down the boss.

So please : no more fail build (vorpal for dps gf is really bad) and no more thing like dps build for tanking weak boss (proof nothing about your build)

LMAO! You obviously didn't watch the video. Because if you did, you would have noticed I was critting a LOT for a GF; Hitting 13k Enforce Threats, 16k Frontlines, 27k Lungs and such. And you obviously don't know the potential of the GF. So quiet down and pay attention, cause your in school now.

1. With this build + a TR in the party offering +5% crit chance, the GF can achieve 32% crit chance EASILY. And even without a TR, I can still get 28% crit chance, which is EXCELLENT for a GF.

2. The damage is enough to tank a lot of incoming damage because of life steal, while not decreasing my power due to blocking attacks (guard meter). Which = DPS "Damage Per Second."

Is this making sense to you?

3. Despite the decent damage to heal from life steal, the GF still has access to the BEST healing power in the game. Fighter's Recovery.

4. Fight's Recovery + Life Steal + High Crits/or NO crits = 40k+ Heals with just ONE Enforce Threat.

There's a REASON why I'm a GF Master my man, so listen up when one of us try to put you up on some game.

(FYI: I beat VT earlier today with a pug rainbow party, out DPS'd the GWF, and we didn't wipe on Valindra)

Class dismissed.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So does anyone have any suggestions? I'm always open to feedback.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1.Respec only yor talents, apparently ARMOR SPECIALIZATION is bugged, it does not increase your AC and Defense.

I knoowww >_<! I accidentally placed that point in there. But I can't afford another respec token lol... Are you willing to donate 140k to me so I can respec (by purchasing a major injury kit from me through AH).
  • Options
    runtpgruntpg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hello GF Master...is this build good with pvp? :p
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Class dismissed.

It makes me angry when we have people coming in and dumping on folks that are successful with a GF. At least no one has told you to roll a GWF yet, as that is usually the first response to a GF thread.

I've been running a build in similar spec for a while now. Some of my feats need to be cleaned up but gear-wise I'm pretty much there. Except for crit. I'm miles off of your crit stat, 1600 before Timeless kicks in. Because of this I run a Plague Fire. I'm a bit addicted to power at the moment though, over 9000 :rolleyes:, so I could move some Radiants out in favour of Azures.

Are you running Dark's in your defensive slots for Life Steal-stacking?

I have a DC as well so have access to the Sigil of the Devoted. Haven't had the chance to run a dungeon with it, but it would be interesting to see what popping the Devoted Sigil does in the middle of a major fight, almost constant up-time of Villain's Menace could be possible. Just don't know what I'd trade it out for as the Bloodcrystal, Lantern and Great Weapon Sigil are major contributors to my offensive and survival stats.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    runtpg wrote: »
    hello GF Master...is this build good with pvp? :p

Negative. This build is specifically for PvE. I'm still researching a PvP build.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You continue to call yourself a master but are not able to do anything else than insult when somebody is not agree with you.

I will try one more time to speak with you.

I have see your video, and i call it a fail because :
    1) you use a dps setup in order to do à tanking job
    2) you use this video as a proof your build is fine, but in this video you fight a weak boss : any build will works !

So, my first grief is not about searching if your build is fine or not : it's all about how you show it.

So, it's time to speak more about your build, timeless is well for a dps setup and a vorpal improve your crit damages... But have you try to do some math ?

My opinion is we have to always follow some rules when we show à dps build :
    1) tell us your main job with the setup you show (single or multi target ?)
    2) tell us why these stat ( does 2000 points on crit give you more dps than 2000 on other stat ? Math or a live test video needed)
    3) why these enchant ? (again, just saying 'because i know is the best' is not valuable)
    4) what kind of environment ? ( pvp/pve/dd/xp/...)

So when you reply well to these 4 point, you can congrat yourself.

In your case :
    1) what advantage dammage give you instead of défense if you want tank ? Even with fighter recovery and life steal i can't trust this will help you si much
    2)you seem to love crit... Well why not : i love them 2, but i think 28% is too much and in other hand it's maybe not enought to justify a vorpal
    3)vorpal... for much crit dammages ? What a bit more crit damages give you than other enchant can't ? Elektrick is nice for aoe dammages and agro, vamp is a Nice sustain and also some other enchant got cool specific effect
    4)i guess it's ok

So, I hope you will be able to reply to me without offense, again : what i want is to have proof of what you said (crit build is fine, my build tank well, dps>def for tank, etc..) in order to insure people who don't know how to build there GF they can follow your playstyle without whype on party.

And if you want i can make à big post on my own side with many math and feedback from livetest : This will be painfull for me and will cost lot of AD and time but if you don't trust me (what i can understand) i'm OK for doing the first step
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I ran this build for a good time mate, and it is pretty good, so no fail. If you like a DPS GF you follow the indications of lvl99looter in his video; if you think a GF should "tank" adds to let other DPS classes to take down the boss, you just do another build.

Do not jump to the "absolute" conclusion that you are right, and Ant-monster is wrong, or vice-versa. YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT IS YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEWS. You really should not argue with each other, because you both seem to have good knowledge about his class.

Although you do not trust Ant about the efficiency of the combination power>lifesteal, I am a 2nd voice in this discussion, and I can also confirm you that it is a very good, and viable spec for PVE, but not PVP.
    28% crit is good, because this spec is meant to fight MOBS with AoE powers + lunging strike (sort of AoE now). So, Imagine Enforced threat can crit 5/8 times almost every time, and Frontile 3/5 times too. In addition, I can guarantee you too that anvil of doom and bullchage often crit on sigle target. No need for mathematics here mate, we are all pretty good GFs i think, we can evaluate things thanks to experience :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I knoowww >_<! I accidentally placed that point in there. But I can't afford another respec token lol... Are you willing to donate 140k to me so I can respec (by purchasing a major injury kit from me through AH).

DKCandy made a fanstic PVE build long time ago. If you can come out with a build I never seen I will give you 140K ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You continue to call yourself a master but are not able to do anything else than insult when somebody is not agree with you.

Don't do that. Don't try to play the defensive roll on me. Because if you scroll up, and read your comment from a 3rd person's point of view. You will see you come off disrespectful. Also, your complaint is about how I presented the build; but not the build itself. Here's what your forgetting. I didn't have to share this build (I didn't have to tell you **** lol), I could have left people in the dark. People don't have knowledge rights to this build, so they can't demand proper presentation. By me sharing this information with you, after personally testing for hours, and grinding for AD for respec tokens, and then to have some random disrespect me on some presentation BS; I think I acted appropriately. Don't you think? I've NEVER been the type to chew those who disagree with me. Especially if they explain why in a RESPECTFUL manner. Because I feel people with other ideas and opinions is important in life. I only get on people's backs when they come with that disrespect. So in other words, it's ALL about principle. You being told about this build is NOT a right, it's a privileged. I don't see you posting anything better. One last thing, I also beat Valindra's Tower with a rainbow party with this build, scroll up and you will see I added that in a "FYI."

So tell me, watcha learn today :]?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You didn't reply to any point i have ask.

From my own experience that build you "share" is wrong for what you do with on your video (tanking), maybe it's a good choice for dps, and maybe it's not (not the best i mean).

So from my point of view, you clam yourself a master, (meaning you know all about GF and all you said about it is not contestable) when you show a build who beginner will try and whype with : this contribute to got more bad GF in game and to expend bad choice like vorpal for tank.

As i already told you, it's my point of view, and i let you free to explain why i'm wrong (that will show to all people your build is really fine and why), but at the moment you have never reply something else than "i'm a GF master you not so be quiet" , "i have down valindra with a rainbow party" , "I show big crit numbers on my video it's so awesome", etc...

And FYI : if a GF master exist, he probably don't need to clam it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is true, it's because I ignored it. There was something more important to talk about.

From my own experience that build you "share" is wrong for what you do with on your video (tanking), maybe it's a good choice for dps, and maybe it's not (not the best i mean).

So from my point of view, you clam yourself a master, (meaning you know all about GF and all you said about it is not contestable) when you show a build who beginner will try and whype with : this contribute to got more bad GF in game and to expend bad choice like vorpal for tank.

As i already told you, it's my point of view, and i let you free to explain why i'm wrong (that will show to all people your build is really fine and why), but at the moment you have never reply something else than "i'm a GF master you not so be quiet" , "i have down valindra with a rainbow party" , "I show big crit numbers on my video it's so awesome", etc...

And FYI : if a GF master exist, he probably don't need to clam it.

Hahaha.... Look, besides that fact I was surrounded by mobs, taking damage, and surviving it all (aka tanking). I DO NOT claim this build to be the best "tank build." If you look at the title of this thread, you will notice the title does not reflect that idea either. All it says is "New MOD 3, GF Timeless PvE Build." Nothing more, nothing less.
    that build you "share" is wrong for what you do with on your video (tanking), maybe it's a good choice for dps, and maybe it's not (not the best i mean).

How can my build be wrong when I never stated a solid purpose? All I did in my video was wreck mobs, while surviving through damage. And not ONCE did I say this is the BEST or anything. All I did was share my build (which I did not have to do).
    "i'm a GF master you not so be quiet"

Look, just because I'm recognized as a GFM by others, doesn't mean I forget where I came from. Because if I did, I wouldn't be trying to help others of my kind. I love yall, and by "yall" I'm talking about the GF's on this game and our community. We were ALL once newbs at some point. Also, when you say it like that. You make it seems as if I feel I'm superior to other GF's. NEGATIVE! GFM is just a title of honor and recognition. It doesn't make me better than anyone else.

When I make builds, and share them. It's because I'm helping my people cuz I love yall. When my people disrespect me, I'ma chew em. It's as simple as that. But at the end of the day, despite this BS conversation. I want you to know. I do NOT dislike you, I do NOT hate you. I just had let you know I don't play that. And it's clear we both agree to disagree, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Remember. I am you, and you are me. I don't don't claim to be the best GF ingame, nor do you.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hey Ant-Monster,

There is a GF claiming in the thread about ARMOR SPECIALIZATION that AS beneficial effects do not show in the character sheet, but in the combat log, what does it mean? It might be a silly question, but this claim could also help you to slightly change your build.
  • Options
    mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi all,
    Armor specialization doesn't reflect in your stats but if you analyse combat log you notice a 15% bonus of DR despite your stats.
    For example if you have 40% of dr you notice an effective reduction of 46%. AS augment your DR for an 15% (maxed).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mour76 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Armor specialization doesn't reflect in your stats but if you analyse combat log you notice a 15% bonus of DR despite your stats.
    For example if you have 40% of dr you notice an effective reduction of 46%. AS augment your DR for an 15% (maxed).

Thanks for your advice mour76, I am still testing AS anyway. I see no benefits from it in terms of damage reduction. I had it up until 1 week ago, now I removed it, and i see no difference when I play :/ ..however, i am sure I should notice a 15% benefit from my stat.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    (I accidentally placed a point in Armor Specialization, but I can't afford a respec token lol. Choose +5% Threat Generation)

Armor Specialization definitely does not show up in your character sheet. And despite all my testing, it's certainly agreeable that the difference it makes is barely even noticeable. Check this out...

So this build has a 44.7% DR right?

0.15% (Armor Specialization) x 0.447% (Damage Resistance) = +0.06705% (Extra Damage Resistance)

The next question is, what's 0.06705% of the average damage taken in dungeons or PvP? It's about 3k.

0.06705% X 3,000 = 201.15 (Damage not taken, because it's adsorbed by DR)

So at the end of the day, we're only avoiding 201.15 EXTRA damage because it increase the AC's "effectiveness" which isn't much... Now if that feat would have given +15 additional AC, oh man, hands down, you have no choice but to choose that lol. But sadly it does not.

Once again, I accidentally placed a point in that feat. And I don't have AD to respec lol. Buuuuttt, I'm always open to donations by mail :D!!
  • Options
    laichin1979laichin1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    ehhhhm... 15% not 0,15%
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    so need to times your damage at the end by factor 100. So that would be 6,7%, 20150 damage
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Also in your original post you suggested that you didn't think the max DR was 24%, do you have any reason to believe that, or anything to back that up?

I have ready everywhere that this is the case. In which case your ArmPen is way to high for PVE. I run timeless as well and like it, but do think you ArmPen and crit are too high.

I am NOT a master, but can do maths and FOR ME it doesn't add up. Other stats give me more DPS. Less burst and fewer "WOW coooool" moments, but pure dps over longer time... no than I would take less crit and ArmPen.

I like your vids though and appreciate your input and build. So keep them coming!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Also in your original post you suggested that you didn't think the max DR was 24%, do you have any reason to believe that, or anything to back that up?
    What? The OP says NOTHING about 24% DR. It doesn't even talk about GF specs. You know OP = Original Post right? And the OP which is located on page 1 doesn't even talk about GF specs.
    I have ready everywhere that this is the case. In which case your ArmPen is way to high for PVE. I run timeless as well and like it, but do think you ArmPen and crit are too high.
    No, I do not feel my ArP/crit is too high because rumor has it that the average boss only has 25% DR. With my current ArP + DEX. My total resistance ignored is 27%.
    I am NOT a master, but can do maths and FOR ME it doesn't add up.
    ehhhhm... 15% not 0,15%

0.15 is the decimal of 15% lol... Also the feat only increase the EFFECTIVENESS of the AC by 15%. It does NOT increase AC directly by +15% (Ex; 50% DR + 15% AC from feat = 65% DR <--- It does NOT do this).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    0.15% (Armor Specialization) x 0.447% (Damage Resistance) = +0.06705% (Extra Damage Resistance)

I know 15% = 0.15

Like I say, I know my maths, but 0.15% is not 0.15.
    What? The OP says NOTHING about 24% DR. It doesn't even talk about GF specs. You know OP = Original Post right? And the OP which is located on page 1 doesn't even talk about GF specs.

You're right, apols, it is not in the original post, but I am pretty sure you mention somewhere, that people seem to think that arm pen of 24% is max but you disagree. Maybe in the vid itself. Not picking on word or trying to catch you out. Just wondering wether you indeed think it is higher, and why. As for your spec stats, I refer to your vid.

As for the calc itself you mentioned:

The next question is, what's 0.06705% of the average damage taken in dungeons or PvP? It's about 3k.

0.06705% X 3,000 = 201.15 (Damage not taken, because it's adsorbed by DR)

If you leave the percentage sign out it is correct, but I doubt you only get 3k damage. Prob more like 300k, right? So then the damage reduction as result of feat would still be about 20k (ie. 15% of the 44.7% = 6.7% of 300k)

I think your point might still be valid though.

Like I say, I have some doubt about some things you say (different opinion), but willing to learn some new things