test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not enjoying Mod 3

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Not exactly. You can craft 1350 every 12 hours. So for me that is 1350 a day.

Wake up, 7am or 8am, start task.
    At night, 7pm or 8pm, start task again.

Total: 2700 Black Ice.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you're going to be a free2player, you might not be able to empower/use your black ice gear right away if you want to get into kessels or make enchants.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think it's possible to get 50k Black Ice in 20 days. Which should be enough to get your three pieces +empowered.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I think it's possible to get 50k Black Ice in 20 days. Which should be enough to get your three pieces +empowered.

I am sitting on 20k Refined black ice. I did buy on the AH a few assets in the first few hours when they were dirt cheap less then 15k each which helps, but I planned for that if they ended up go cheap before people really realized. Oh some of the benefits to testing this mod on preview the entire time.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    Just did an Epic encounter (bear roundup?? or something...), few questions:

1. Got a Elk Tribe off hand that is BOP and not for my class. Is it salvage trash then?
    2. Is there any point for a pure PVE player to grind for the black ice gear if the player already have T2/T2.5 gear? (No interest in doing KR skirmish as it only gives black ice accessories and the artifact which i assume will be as rare if not rarer than the EoL artifact.)
    3. Changing companion name now cost 6k AD? I thought it was free pre-Mod 3...

As of now, Mod 3 to me is get boons, then try to get yeti pet. That's it.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    *snip*

Yes if you can't use the item it is salvage , fully empowered the black ice gear is BiS stat wise ,it comes down to whether you like the set bonus as to whether you want to swap it for your current gear , I'm pretty sure the cost to rename companions scales with your level but I'm not 100% on that and finally unfortunately they can't make content that everybody loves , some will hate it some will like it .
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not impressed so far. The dailies have so far been almost the same thing every day with only Gurth's seeming to change. Otherwise, it's light beacons/collect axes, rescue caravaners so far. Even more boring than Sharanderp dailies.

I've given my extremely negative opinion of the new character creation elsewhere, will not repeat here, but.

The broken HEs make what could be a fun thing boring. Except for the very first day when I saw the Remorhaz and the Motherlode ones spawn, I haven't seen *anything* but the minor encounters, which are just the same three things over and over and over again, and currently farmed via people riding around between them on rank 3 mounts and having ten people on an encounter designed for 2-3 people. (Or one CW; my TR can have issues with soloing them for ones like Totem with the health sucking mobs or the sheer numbers in the protect the merchant one due to being single target melee, but my CW of course just nukes everything from orbit like OP-as-heck CWs have always done.) It's very boring. Easy and a nice way to level artifacts by feeding the otherwise useless black ice enchants to them, but very, very boring. Maybe I just have bad instance luck. But if I've been in an instance for over an hour doing my dailies and riding around between minors and STILL nothing but minors has spawned, the hell.

The time gating by reputation is nothing new, both Sharandar and DR timegated stuff. DR by ciphers, Shar by the items needed to progress coming from your dailies. So that's neutral. The unlocks seem kind of meh though.

The continued lack of farmable content you could potentially sell to actually make AD is annoying as hell. Still the original content is the best to run if you want to actually progress in the game, since that's what gets you the AD you need to do things like improve your enchants/artifacts.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There a number of things I'd be pleased to see fixed... PvP Domination nodes/Motherlode working, the Mid-Level HEs spawning more often/correctly, etc.

That being said I am still having a blast running around farming Black Ice, doing HEs and when I get bored launching myself headfirst into the PvP Zone to rock face (or get my face rocked! lol)...

Definitely a fan of the content and I am looking forward to Dwarven Village tomorrow, and further fun times! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tried to play at various times today and the lag for casting was dire whereas mobs could land damage before any animation was done.

I'll check again tomorrow but if it's the same then icewind will be ignored and I'll probably be logging in to invoke and thats it. Probably only doing it on one character and ignoring the rest, not a big deal as the boons arent all that appealing.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Not enjoying module 3

I am , got both my gloves and mainhand today from Prospector attack and Wild bear roundup , finally got some luck lol

xwOqnlg.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I did get my Gloves this morning, which I was never able to do on Preview hehe despite doing these hundreds of times.
  • fluffyzerglingfluffyzergling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have yet to play the module, but as a gamer, i would like to say this: is it bad because bugs, or that theres not enough content? If its a content issue, youre right to be mad, but if its bugs, just wait for some patches and fixes. enjoy whats there, and what isnt, look forward to recieving it.
    edited May 2014
    I have yet to play the module, but as a gamer, i would like to say this: is it bad because bugs, or that theres not enough content? If its a content issue, youre right to be mad, but if its bugs, just wait for some patches and fixes. enjoy whats there, and what isnt, look forward to recieving it.

Well the bugs could've easily been somewhat avoiding by delaying the release. So it's only right to be angry. Personally I also like the amount of content for now, however playing it on preview it will run out quickly and so we'll be months without anything new to do which kind of sucks.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014

IMO, the problems with the new module are of the "too much too fast" variety. You get introduced to the zone, and you spend a good couple of minutes having to run around, talking to everybody. Personally, I hate this type of implementation, and would rather be introduced to the contacts in the process of actually running quests. You then go to the Icewind Pass zone, and there's just a lot going on. In Gauntlgrym, for instance, there's a little voiceover saying what do do at each phase. It would have been nice to have something similar, like "Heroic Encounters are displayed on the zone map. The number they are marked with indicates the recommended number of players".

In short, though, it's basically the same thing as the other campaigns - you have 3 or so daily quests, plus a lair, which you turn in to progress through the campaign. In addition, there a section of the zone where you can PvP, (don't have to go there if you don't want to), and then there's all the Heroic Encounters going on. If you wanted to, you could just wander from HE to HE all day, which offers a nice distraction.

One of the big pluses for me are the fashion sets you can buy as you progress through the campaign...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    Content seems to be at an ok level for quantity and the frequency at which the events respawn it's the variety thats lacking. If the entire campaign is more of the same then it will potentially get quite tedious by day 35. The pass has rescue merchants, barbarians and totems as the staples and tbh a couple more types wouldnt have hurt.

If gear drops are both randomised and reliant on somekind of leaderboard placement for the bigger events then until they fix the awful graphics issues with fade out and casting lag then myself and a lot of others will have no realistic chance at getting them. The fade out should NEVER involve the things you're fighting to have the game work that way is shoddy design.

I've not encountered any bugs myself since the update but thats because I read zone chat in dread ring and decided not to bother doing the daily instances that were having issues with people not being able to get through doors or something.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've not encountered any bugs myself since the update but thats because I read zone chat in dread ring and decided not to bother doing the daily instances that were having issues with people not being able to get through doors or something.

Actually you did, you just didn't know it.

Right now half the HEs aren't even spawning, they're kinda broken. I'm sure they're going to be fixed pretty soon, but likely not until after the weekend is over.

That's the reason they seem so few in variety at present. There's supposed to be a ton more on the field.

EDIT: In a nutshell because the 3-5 mans are not spawning, you have 10-20 people gang piling the 2-3 man encounters which honestly means ... zero challenge and everything dead in less than half a second. So until the 3-5 man encounters start spawning again... its not exactly that fun.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So far my only problems with the new content are the glitches and latency issues. Taking damage BEFORE the mob does its animation or for seemingly no reason, disappearing mobs/players in the larger fights, unpushable shards. I've been running the dailies on one of each class from 15k (CW, GWF) 14k (DC, TR) 13k (GF) and 12k (HR). The fights are more challenging as they should be. Most of the times I've died were in HEs, except the DC and HR both had to repeat the fight with the 3 Deathlock Wights in Biggrins due to getting mobbed. One time I got killed by HE mobs that spawned while I was fighting something else, which was rather annoying. That was on the HR, so I may have aggroed them with something unknowingly.

Not really impressed with the Black Ice gear. I'll get it for access to the skirmish at least. The difficulty in getting the pieces will determine how many of my chars actually do more than grind boons.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    So far my only problems with the new content are the glitches and latency issues. Taking damage BEFORE the mob does its animation or for seemingly no reason, disappearing mobs/players in the larger fights, unpushable shards. I've been running the dailies on one of each class from 15k (CW, GWF) 14k (DC, TR) 13k (GF) and 12k (HR). The fights are more challenging as they should be. Most of the times I've died were in HEs, except the DC and HR both had to repeat the fight with the 3 Deathlock Wights in Biggrins due to getting mobbed. One time I got killed by HE mobs that spawned while I was fighting something else, which was rather annoying. That was on the HR, so I may have aggroed them with something unknowingly.

Not really impressed with the Black Ice gear. I'll get it for access to the skirmish at least. The difficulty in getting the pieces will determine how many of my chars actually do more than grind boons.

I'm pretty much with you here. My only issues have been latency related and I find Biggrin's to be highly annoying due to that one mob scene in the middle with all of the AoE spam flying around.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    As of now, Mod 3 to me is get boons, then try to get yeti pet. That's it.

Yup. same here. Well, the Black Ice enchants are nice too.

As a non-PvP DC, the Black Ice armour is of no interest to me whatsoever, so I'll just have to wait and see if module 4 brings something.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    +1 for pitshade
    I've been coping with IWD till Friday afternoon when the latency, lag and rubberbanding hit my chars at full speed and still apply. It's next to impossible to do anything in IWD at the moment, the mere killing of 3 wolves took my chars 3 deaths and 15 mins because 90% of hits to the mobs weren't even registered by the server as opposed to the hits the mobs were making.
    edited May 2014
    If variety of encounters is bugged then I may give it a bit longer.

Going to see how painful the lag is today before I decide to skip NW at weekends.

Graphical settings dont seem to do anything to improve the vanishing mob syndrome which is something I dont think should be happening with a 1gig 760 card. If it was a "quality of life" upgrade then someone needs a slap for at the very least not making it an option that can be disabled.

I don't pvp either so likewise dont see the armour being worth as much as it might have been but I've a nagging feeling that it'll be used as a gating mechanic for the later zones.
    edited May 2014
    Got onto Dwarf valley today and it is much better , the mid level HE's spawn correctly every 15 minutes or whatever , I think Waukeen event this upcoming week is going to be really good fun now , i'll just spam HE's all day instead of having to do the boring event foundries xD

I don't like that they have made the wait time for the stores in the campaign tree 20 hours now ,on the preview it was 10 or 20 seconds , seems unnecessary to make players wait to open them .
  • harbinger815harbinger815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2014
    3 more dailies to do everyday and not much else really. boring
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Got onto Dwarf valley today and it is much better , the mid level HE's spawn correctly every 15 minutes or whatever , I think Waukeen event this upcoming week is going to be really good fun now , i'll just spam HE's all day instead of having to do the boring event foundries xD

I don't like that they have made the wait time for the stores in the campaign tree 20 hours now ,on the preview it was 10 or 20 seconds , seems unnecessary to make players wait to open them .

It was 20 hours on preview to, that did not change, it just was such a long time ago for us.
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    It was 20 hours on preview to, that did not change, it just was such a long time ago for us.

Some of the other timers are 10 secs though.
    edited May 2014
    Dorf valley was quieter but still the laggy combat made the game nigh on unplayable. Did the anvil quest and almost died due to being hit by invisible mobs despite the fact I was the only person in the mine trying to do the fight.

At least the rep gain per day doesnt need you to do quests on top of events. The rest of it can be very happily ignored
    edited May 2014
    Oh ok , I knew some were 10 seconds , I guess with it being preview I just wasn't bothered as much as on live.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got to Dwarf Valley, finally got to participate in a big HE (Beholder), got a purple drop! Woohoo....

...wait. Why is this Hammerstone Mace worse than the easy-to-get Dread Ring lair TR Daggers? Sigh.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Onr thing I don't like as a Melee is the lack of "feedback" when I hit. Especially with the bears. They come very close, almost touching me, yet they don't acknowledge my damage. If there was not their red HP bar going down and down, it would seem that my 2h sword has no effect at all. Even when they die it's not really noticeable.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    FPS is ok 40-70 though i have heavy latency lagg in the new zone old content maps works fine.