Install Arc
Options

Fey Thistle Silly Walk

2»

Comments

• Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, it won't interrupt riding, but the affected character will draw their weapon suddenly. (Now you see my HR's bow in their hand, now you don't.)

Never noticed any problems with opening chests or skill nodes, but then I pretty much abandoned my main to stand at a fire and evoke when I realized how annoying this boon-bug was.
    Thanks for your reply! If it's that annoying that you abandoned you character, I should probably really choose something else.
  • Options
    rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Used to have this boon on my CW and it bugged (pardon the pun) the heck out of me wondering why he was repeatedly going combat-ready in PE. On the release of Module 2, I used the free respec to change boons and now he's free of that annoyance.
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah. So that's the reason. Thanks. Will avoid choosing this bug, er feat in the future.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After having fey thistle for half a year and it not getting fixed, it DID drive me crazy.. to the point that I actually respected to get rid of it... I really wish this could have been fixed.. but too late for me now, I already gave up and respected.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    re7joice wrote: »
    I bump this. this bug is very annoying. is that hard to crush this bug??

It might actually. Fey Thistle triggers on deflecting an attack, right? The problem is, you can deflect all kinds of stuff that comes from simply being around other players. I got the T1 PvP set on my HR which also has a trigger-on-deflect effect and it procs constantly in PE even though I'm just going about my business. Since it's just text and there's no animation, "Rejuvenating Swiftness!" is not all that bothersome.

The problem seems to be that Fey Thistle deals damage (or tries to if there is no hostile target handy), so when it triggers, you're in combat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Didn't see this post before I made my own - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?648501-quot-Combat-Jogging-quot-after-Sharandar-cannot-stand-still!

The "combat jogging" also interrupts emotes like Sit. It makes it harder to RP an emote stance when it keeps disengaging it.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is still an issue... and its driving me insane

• Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2014
    It's likely to get even better with black ice gear. I have no doubt whatsoever fey thistle out-of-combat triggers will count towards the duration of the gear.
  • Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aww man, I didn't know about this. I'm a combat ranger and fey thistle would be perfect, but I like to stand still sometimes and then stay standing still unless there's a reason to not stand still :/
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Still not fixed? Really? *blink*
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Still not fixed? Really? *blink*

There was a post in this forum about bugs deliberately left unfixed as part of the f2p approach to the MMOs. Unlike a subscribtion MMO, a f2p does not want to keep its long-term players but instead wants to see them constantly replaced by fresh players. And the irritation caused by years-old bugs is a powerful tool to make endgame players leave. just quoting a post, wouldn't have figured out by myself.
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    There was a post in this forum about bugs deliberately left unfixed as part of the f2p approach to the MMOs. Unlike a subscribtion MMO, a f2p does not want to keep its long-term players but instead wants to see them constantly replaced by fresh players. And the irritation caused by years-old bugs is a powerful tool to make endgame players leave. just quoting a post, wouldn't have figured out by myself.

It's working perfectly on me, then; I'm not giving them any more cash until they start *fixing* stuff. Sadly, I can see that. Well, at least posts like these can help warn people who were wondering if a $199 DebuffYourTeam...err, Hero of the North pack was worth buying. I'll admit that the idea might be a little tinfoil-hatty, but the number and scope of high-end bugs is making me wonder JUST a tiny bit.

You'd think they would love to have people settle into regularly paying for stuff instead of churning clients nonstop. I'd have preferred if they did have a subscription option, but at least for the MOMENT I'm not buying anything else. They have until I get tired of waiting; we'll see. Maybe it's a business model, or maybe it's a terrible oversight. I'll give the benefit of the doubt a little longer.

-liz
  • Options
    frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering why my character was always in the combat stance. Indeed, please fix this.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want to respec and use this boon. I hope the Devs at some point do just a pure bug fix patch not a small one but a large one to swat all of those pesky bugs that are still ever present in this game. But since this is a ftp game that is probably a big no since it wont generate money as much as new content.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    lamminatbodenlamminatboden Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can someone explain what exactly the boon does? I just unlocked my last sharandar boon and I have no idea which one to get, they all look somewhat useful. If this boon drives you crazy, I won't take it. It has something to do with being in combat all the time? Doesn't in only trigger if you are in combat? How do you know this boon is creating your combat stance?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Can someone explain what exactly the boon does? I just unlocked my last sharandar boon and I have no idea which one to get, they all look somewhat useful. If this boon drives you crazy, I won't take it. It has something to do with being in combat all the time? Doesn't in only trigger if you are in combat? How do you know this boon is creating your combat stance?

What the boon does is damage attacking enemies for 400 damage when you deflect, and that part of it works perfectly.

The problem is more with the deflect system than the boon. Since your character is literally trying to deflect everything, even passive buffs from people walking past you. Normally that's not an issue... but, once you have feythistle bug, you start trying to damage when you deflect these none hostile buffs, which sets your character into a combat stance.

Mostly its just a annoyance with visuals as your character won't stand still unless they are in a secluded area with nothing around. But its does sometimes cause issues with trying to get on your mount quickly, as the bug keeps you in combat longer.

Overall its just mildly annoying.. but the fact I've had to put up with it for almost a year now, has pushed it over towards being infuriating, and driving me insane.

Oh, it also means you can't emote. Start dancing and you will go into combat stance and stop.
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shrewguy wrote: »
    What the boon does is damage attacking enemies for 400 damage when you deflect, and that part of it works perfectly.

The problem is more with the deflect system than the boon. Since your character is literally trying to deflect everything, even passive buffs from people walking past you. Normally that's not an issue... but, once you have feythistle bug, you start trying to damage when you deflect these none hostile buffs, which sets your character into a combat stance.

Mostly its just a annoyance with visuals as your character won't stand still unless they are in a secluded area with nothing around. But its does sometimes cause issues with trying to get on your mount quickly, as the bug keeps you in combat longer.

Overall its just mildly annoying.. but the fact I've had to put up with it for almost a year now, has pushed it over towards being infuriating, and driving me insane.

Oh, it also means you can't emote. Start dancing and you will go into combat stance and stop.

Well it's good to know we are protected against hostile dances..! :)

I was amazed to see Drow 'darkfire' finally listed as fixed in the 5/22 patch notes; is there any chance Fey Thistle got adjusted and just didn't get mentioned..? I'm not holding my breath, but one can hope..!

-liz