test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The first PvP Domination match after the update...

mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
...I played versus full geared 5 man premade with 9k GS teammates. What's your experience?
M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
Post edited by mehguy138 on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I had one bad match of all teammates around 10k. But the other few were normal. I was too busy goofing around in open pvp to play much domination.

Probably will see more undergeared players trying to gear up.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    I always PUG, no premades. The first match we steam-rolled opponents. The second match was close, we lost by ~10%, but it counted as 2 matches for the purpose of daily quest - not sure when exactly this happens but it has been happening before...
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    After the maintenance....

it seemed way out of line...I was pugging with 1 friend, we have high GS, and prob a better than average ELO...we would get matched with the same kind of people, people from well known pvp guilds--against pure undergeared NO TENACITY pugs...I actually felt bad at how fast they were dying, we weren't potting or anything....

After about 5 matches we got a team that more matched us.

Someone had said that the ELO system was reset....I didn't search to see if this was true.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They reset the system and my 1 match I played with my 13kish cw was pitted against a premade .. they rolled my entire team (between 10-13k other players, so not the worst of the worst pug groups) but we were together with no gwf/gfs against 2-3 gwfs a dc and a tr.

I didnt bother doing another match at the time.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I really hate what they did to the mounts. Previously you could atleast try to make a run for it when you had Mage against GWF, but now there is not even snowballs chance in hell that you would be able to call mount and flee before the GWF is over you, smashing you down and Mages aren't coming up if GWF gets him once knocked down even if you smash both shifts and direction arrows in a high speed mechanical keyboard...

I guess somebody really hates Mages and loves Rangers in the dev team, as Rangers were already extremely deadly and most popular class and now they got "DPS oriented" paragon path. Remains to be seen what that does to the class...

They really should take the "Controller" out of the name of the Mages, as currently it is the worst controller class in the game when playing pvp.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    They really should take the "Controller" out of the name of the Mages, as currently it is the worst controller class in the game when playing pvp.

Interesting, as half-profound, half-indomitable GF, I hate CWs the most, only second to dps-built TRs. CW will freeze me to ground and somehow this freeze seems to last ages. When I start moving again, they levitate me. Then I drop down and they freeze me again and by that time there's already half of their gang on me. Then then they finish me with knife and I'm dead.

Edit: I don't mean to be negative at all, it's game and it's entertaining. When I am prepared and I catch CW unprepared and I crit, then I single chain CW down as well, so it's fair.
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    gwassalor wrote: »
    Interesting, as half-profound, half-indomitable GF, I hate CWs the most, only second to dps-built TRs. CW will freeze me to ground and somehow this freeze seems to last ages. When I start moving again, they levitate me. Then I drop down and they freeze me again and by that time there's already half of their gang on me. Then then they finish me with knife and I'm dead.

Trick to OBLITERATE such mages are i know sounds counter intuitive, but block little as possible AND make it your mission to block the Ray of Frost , he usually will initiate with Chill Strike or Ice Rays , Entangling Force and then some more beams followed by repel or eventually a Shard. Once you learn those casting signals its a complete cakewalk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    HRs were slightly balanced down.. but CWs were effectively left alone, its worse in open world as people stack control resist pets making your one available route to victory reduced by another 20-50% depending on what they have.. if they also stack tons of tenacity now your talking around a 25% chance to knock/prone or stun them.. ya!

I am agreement that people shouldn't be multi controlled without any chance of retaliation, but when you cant even do one control thats a issue. Instead of allowing pets/tenacity they shouldve just given everyone a 2 second immunity after each control effect.. these wouldve benefited every class and stopped the GFS/GWFs from doing the prone chaining to victory as well.

but naw.. just allow massive conceptual coding ect ect.. to really screw up the class core mechanics of everyone.. dont even get me started on DCs, my other main class.. ouch.
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    these wouldve benefited every class and stopped the GFS/GWFs from doing the prone chaining to victory as well.

The funny thing is I don't think the CC nerf ever effected GWF or GF prone chains. I imagine it would have been hard for them to modify the "getting up" animation to appear faster. I think a small immunity to prone after being proned (not interupt, confuse, stun, repel, etc) would have solved this. You should still take the damage though.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had a couple like this with teammates around 8-10k against a top geared premade of GWF's and rogues. Those kinda matches you just get owned and just say "gg" from the first fight at mid... <.< It's funny with this new leaderboard as you can see the matches that you come up against full good premade groups.

qpkncx.jpg

My first match I had was a full team of 8-10k GS people too but luckily the other team wasn't amazing, other than 2 of them with perfect vorpals it was still a pug. I did actually get a 1v1 against one person in one of the times I got owned and beat him but I allowed him to have his team get him up because I respect premade groups that allow 1v1's to take place.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I really hate what they did to the mounts. Previously you could atleast try to make a run for it when you had Mage against GWF, but now there is not even snowballs chance in hell that you would be able to call mount and flee before the GWF is over you, smashing you down and Mages aren't coming up if GWF gets him once knocked down even if you smash both shifts and direction arrows in a high speed mechanical keyboard...

The only thing that annoys me to death is if you're got killed and respawned immediately, you'll still be in combat and forced to run on foot.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was arranged with a group of dpsers (hr,cws,tr), however these dpser died very fast, kill NONE and rarely cap anything. The only non-dps class in our team which is me (a cleric who spec into dps), killed 9 and death 6. The coward tr even straight afk in the first few minutes despite having a 12k gs (He died twice, then left). After the opposite team realised I was the only one who kill, heal, tank and cap, all 5 come to gang me, meanwhile, the other 2 node ARE RED and no one bother to cap when i was suiciding. After the tr left, the rest 3 dpser in my team keep on going base and all 3 was killed by one gwf at our base (Lost a 3v1??? *facepalm*...). Finally, the drama ends in 10 minutes, luckily my K/D ration is still higher than 1 and was not affected by those epic teammates.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I played with full rank 10s teammate.

Feel good. And you should do the same lol.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gettign trolled by endless rogues who are invi 90% and immune the other 10. and met a few unkillable HR who self out heal any damge and 3 shot. devs NEED to step the hell up asap. they are embarrssing themselfs now. truly awful.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I tried to exclusively pug for a while, because I got completely tired listening to all the inflated macho egotistic guys on our voicechat, for whom everybody else we meet in PvP is a scrub, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, or something in that area. Had bad pugging experiences, meeting many such scrubby <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pugs, and returned to the voicechat premade zone. At the moment can't tell which is worse, listening to the testosterone-filled guildies&"friends" talking PvP, or enduring with 8k GS pugs that AFK or insult me for doing what's supposed to be done in a Domination game.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pzg33 wrote: »
    gettign trolled by endless rogues who are invi 90% and immune the other 10. and met a few unkillable HR who self out heal any damge and 3 shot. devs NEED to step the hell up asap. they are embarrssing themselfs now. truly awful.

You just know how to kill them.

With a rogue you have to know how to find them if he is a perma. With a well geared smart HR try to use big hits, I can be 3 shotted especially by a GWF's combo with a CW dailying me at the same time I'm dead before I get up. Just opt for the biggest burst damage you can get on a HR and use lots of CC as HR has no resistance to CC like GWF or TR.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All I can say is, with the ELO reset and having started PvP from scratch just yesterday, everything reminded me so much of mod2 days.

Suddenly dragged back into the mix with utterly clueless people... can't carry them all by myself.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I PVP'd for the first time since Mod-3 last night;

Match 1 - One player quit the team after 3 minutes. A second DC'd after 5 minutes. What was left of us were camping by the 8th minute. I collected 625 points (0 kills, 5 deaths, 1 assist, two caps). We amassed 1 kill vs their 17. So yeah, unbalanced for the win. We also had 2 DCs, one of whom was 8k and still had greens. The enemy had 2 GWFs, 1 TR, 1 CW and a DC and I'm guessing it was a premade because of their individual strength and group organisation. I recognised 2 of the guilds on their team and associate them with well geared and good players from previous experience.

Match 2 - Was competitive at the start, then we split them up after I backcapped. With 2 nodes held and mid contested they were caught alone and were easily beatable. We won 1000 - 298.

Match 3 - Rough start, but again I managed to backcap and forced them to split up. When grouped 3 or more they were better than us, but split up we could handle them. We won 1000 - 814. This party had one of the tankiest CWs I've ever fought. He even got brave and tanked my GF on mid. I think we finished 1-2 (1 kill for me, 2 for him) in our battles. He was responsible for half of my deaths.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am a Top 2 DC at the RU server based on Leaderboard and I got matched with all sub 10k GS people 3 times in a row. All with 50% mounts, green artifacts and no enchantments. Yesterday I won 7 games in a row. Please, just confess there's no ELO, could you?

4 games in a row I'm getting 6k GS teammate.

And thanks for overbuffing GWF, I already got hit with 18k IBS's and 11k Takedowns as a 46% DR cleric.

I dropped from 3d page to 13th after 5 matches. Good job, Cryptic, you outdone yourself.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited May 2014
    this would all stop if domination was separated by gear score we wouldnt need elo. no one wants to be steamrolled its why i dont pvp even if i am decent at it. Unless im maxed out im not gonna bother. I want to pvp. i wish i could. But if im just gonna waste my time half the time why bother.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this would all stop if domination was separated by gear score we wouldnt need elo. no one wants to be steamrolled its why i dont pvp even if i am decent at it. Unless im maxed out im not gonna bother. I want to pvp. i wish i could. But if im just gonna waste my time half the time why bother.

Er, actually it would simply stop over time.

This experience has taught me that despite how people complained so much, the ELO really did work. Like I've mentioned in my post, I am constantly amazed to realize that these troubled experiences of mixed-up teams with the ratings being reset... is exactly the same as what we use to have in mod2 PvP before the big PvP patch.

I thought ELO wasn't working to well... but now I have to admit, PvP after ELO is leaps and bounds better than the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we used to have without ELO. With the new leaderboards and stuff, while everyone's ratings start to stabilize after 30~50 matches, I expect things to become significantly better.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited May 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Er, actually it would simply stop over time.

This experience has taught me that despite how people complained so much, the ELO really did work. Like I've mentioned in my post, I am constantly amazed to realize that these troubled experiences of mixed-up teams with the ratings being reset... is exactly the same as what we use to have in mod2 PvP before the big PvP patch.

I thought ELO wasn't working to well... but now I have to admit, PvP after ELO is leaps and bounds better than the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we used to have without ELO. With the new leaderboards and stuff, while everyone's ratings start to stabilize after 30~50 matches, I expect things to become significantly better.

I certainly hope so because it has always been a pain for me and i fight through the timer even when everyone has quit.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

Let's say there are mixed feedbacks. Quite a lot of folks that had well surpassed your 50 game threshold are thinking that the ELO is either completely off or toned down to a point that it's not really relevant. In PUGs, it's one stomp after another. You camp out losses because matchmaking will provide you with an easy win eventually. I heard it's working a bit better for premades, hooray for them I guess.

What shifted is the pool of people that benefit the most from the system, the situation for the entirety is still a bloody mess. With the introduction of leaderboards and the PVP campaign, nobody has any incentive to be a team player any longer. And *drum roll* leaving now counts as a loss towards matchmaking. That's exactly what glory grinders needed to get their stuff cheap.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Also, has anybody noticed the race to stomp on a downed opponent? In the past folks just ran off if someone was on their knees and no other enemies were around. Now there is a mad dash to kick them as it makes up part of the PVP campaign progression.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Also, has anybody noticed the race to stomp on a downed opponent? In the past folks just ran off if someone was on their knees and no other enemies were around. Now there is a mad dash to kick them as it makes up part of the PVP campaign progression.

And I like it so much. Before, if you're got killed, no one would resurrect you, it was easier and faster just to release. No one was taking down enemies either. This is kinda positive side of PvP campaign.

You can also be a ******bag and click release just before someone's gonna press F and take you down.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    And I like it so much. Before, if you're got killed, no one would resurrect you, it was easier and faster just to release. No one was taking down enemies either. This is kinda positive side of PvP campaign.

You can also be a ******bag and click release just before someone's gonna press F and take you down.

I've always pressed F immediately upon death to deny my slayer the joys of stomping me. Also, it gets me back in the fight sooner. I only hang around if my allies are close by.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My first pvp after the patch was actually a 1 to 1000 loss. Also played several sessions with each of my 60 alts, all of them very different in terms of class and gs, and all in all there has been only one balanced session, that is with a 1000-900+ score.
    Besides the balance issue in levels, there is also an issue in class balance. Yesterday as a cleric I got paired with another cleric plus... three ranged classes! We clarics ended up healing ourselves at b2 while the ranged guys were doing their sniping stuff.

I think there should be a sticky thread about the weidest PUG teams issued by the queue system.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me to death is if you're got killed and respawned immediately, you'll still be in combat and forced to run on foot.

Same and also the fact that you must run for long time after the combat has ended or you made one shot help for ally in middle travel by mount. All this basically plays for the tanks and already formiddable GWFs who are already able to intercept my rank 3 mount on foot, knock me down and keep me there without ability to do anything as they can repeat the knock before I can get on my feet and blink.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My first 3 matches on my GWF I didn't die once, the next one went 12-4 with some decent players on the other team (my team was awful) and haven't died or had a hard match since. Guess my ELO was reset or no good players are pvping, as before mod3 I would get max geared premades 9 out of 10 times or so.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gwassalor wrote: »

Edit: I don't mean to be negative at all, it's game and it's entertaining. When I am prepared and I catch CW unprepared and I crit, then I single chain CW down as well, so it's fair.

Don't wanna sound rude, but there is really something wrong with your build, as what I have seen with the players who really can play GWF is that even if I can hang them, they drop down in 0.5-1 second later and the freeze last about same. Also any battle with rightly built GWF last ages even with DPS CW as any time you are able to get him down on health, which takes a long time, he just uses potions or artifacts and I must start over, where CW goes down really fast once he is on the ground and this is why everybody of worth concentrates on CWs first, which doesn't really make playing that CW any more attractive either...

PS. What I have been talking with people, even some GWF players think that some of the builds are quite broken as they can steamroll any single char and even keep their own long time against groups, holding all or most of enemies busy while rest of their team takes the bases.