Now Available: Gelatinous Cube Mount

2»

Comments

• mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, take my money - please and thank you. This is fantastic LOL
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I snagged one of these guys - quite amusing! Does anyone know if the other stuff that floats around in the cube is random or based on anything? The picture on the article shows some weapons in the mount, but my CW had other little bits floating in with her...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I snagged one of these guys - quite amusing! Does anyone know if the other stuff that floats around in the cube is random or based on anything? The picture on the article shows some weapons in the mount, but my CW had other little bits floating in with her...

Your weapon is always one of the floaties; the rest appears to be slightly random upon summoning the cube.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I own 2 purple mounts from 2 different packages, I have seen mounts in the Zen store that I liked but I swore never to buy them. Then some evil genius came up with this one....Well Played Cryptic...Well Played....NOW TAKE MY MONEY!

BTW whomever says that a cube mount isn't part of FR lore obviously doesn't know FR lore!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No one can say Cryptic does't listen to players. I specifically recall WAY BACK WHEN - I think it was during beta or shortly after when someone discovered the GC in the Clockmakers Guild that a whole discussion thread started up and someone stated how cool it would be to have a GC mount.

I could be misremembering, but I could swear a Dev said something to the effect of "you just never know....".

As for the price? z1700? Hell no. But an account-wide mount on sale for z800? Hell, that's a knee-jerk impulse buy. Damned you, Cryptic, damned you.....
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

As for the price? z1700? Hell no. But an account-wide mount on sale for z800? Hell, that's a knee-jerk impulse buy. Damned you, Cryptic, damned you.....

Yep , I got one on my main account and now all 6 of my characters are wobbling about , 800 zen for a 80% account wide mount is a pretty spectacular price , now we just need the upgrade tomes to be lowered to a more reasonable price xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    Personally I always thought it a silly idea but hey, to each their own.

But hey, let's not worry about our character drowning in a cube of slime, it's probably symbiotic somehow XD.

Heh I thought it was at first too,

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized this is actually a really good Wizard mount.

It looks just like a Polymorph Self spell. Although admittedly slimes don't move even close to that speed hehe. SO its actually pretty fitting to a Wizard, or other Shapeshifter type class if they ever get one.

They were so cheap I bought one, and sure enough, that's what it looks like is a polymorph self spell.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It looks just like a Polymorph Self spell. Although admittedly slimes don't move even close to that speed hehe. SO its actually pretty fitting to a Wizard, or other Shapeshifter type class if they ever get one.

They were so cheap I bought one, and sure enough, that's what it looks like is a polymorph self spell.

^This. On both counts.
    I have way too many mounts, but this one is now stuck to my Wizzie.

(I just can't decide whether to use my Armored Spider or Hellhound for my Warlock when it becomes available, but THIS GC screams Wizard all over it!)
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So now the gelatinous cube is in the game itself, and it shows up at Halloween, and it's in the seasonal April Fools event, and it's a mount...

WHEN ARE WE GETTING IT FOR FOUNDRY?

Please, please, please, start adding the non-end-boss mobs that are already in the game to the Foundry.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ^This. On both counts.
    I have way too many mounts, but this one is now stuck to my Wizzie.

(I just can't decide whether to use my Armored Spider or Hellhound for my Warlock when it becomes available, but THIS GC screams Wizard all over it!)

Personally, I think that we should have separate mount storage - let's say it started with 3 spots, and we got an additional 2 spots with each Zen store mount we purchase...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Personally, I think that we should have separate mount storage - let's say it started with 3 spots, and we got an additional 2 spots with each Zen store mount we purchase...
    ^^ Please do this!!! I'd actually BUY mounts if I could rotate them in instead of banking them.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rawrsrfornubsrawrsrfornubs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wegethrthejukyuk
  • jimpman88jimpman88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    No, this is not an April Fools joke. The Gelatinous Cube is available now as the newest mount on the Zen Market. As awesome as that is, we have even better news for you. It's on sale at 55% off until this Friday!

Read more about the mount here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3040323-now-available_-gelatinous-cube-mount

Thanks,

Dwight

ummm..wouldnt that dissolve you? You should make it so the player looks like a skeleton when in the cube :D